Pearson2's Content

There have been 138 items by Pearson2 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#314264 Vengeanace 6

Posted by Pearson2 on 11 April 2012 - 05:58 AM in Nerf Wars

….. Son of a….. I swear I must be dyslexic or something. I spelled Vengeance wrong in the teaser trailer too.

#314080 Non-Nerf forsaken angel and friends footage

Posted by Pearson2 on 06 April 2012 - 11:33 PM in Off Topic

Haha alright no worries man. I'm 20, but I'm a skinny little guy so I tend to look 16. Especially when I shave.

Pearsons advice, Never shave.

Langley, if I move into my condo before October I can provide couches and floor space, thus solving a lot of problems.

#313921 Non-Nerf forsaken angel and friends footage

Posted by Pearson2 on 03 April 2012 - 12:14 PM in Off Topic

Well fuck. This was shaping up to be the best thread on NerfHaven, perhaps the best thread in the whole NIC and you had to go and take a big steaming dump right in the middle of it. That's it. You're done here. Enjoy your time off.

On topic: To prepare for Hb4H, the LGLF eats nothing but shovel-fulls of Cinnamon, entire boxes of Tim Bits, melted snow and maple syrup for a week. Hoorah.

It is possible that, before Hell Before Halloween, the LGLF become even more Canadian then most Canadians. That being said, this year I want to get trashed with you gents. If my lady friend is being anti-social this year she can go wait in the car.

#313696 Non-Nerf forsaken angel and friends footage

Posted by Pearson2 on 29 March 2012 - 01:33 PM in Off Topic

Haha that explains why i wasn't invited.... you must of seen the kit in my recon :( i was actually gonna use it during the dark round at massacre 7 with glow darts and a glow clip just for laughs but that never happened.

This vid is hilarious though

.... Yeah, using a Massacre kit at Massacre when the kit was not created or endorsed by any of the hosts makes you an instant target by said hosts.

#313665 Non-Nerf forsaken angel and friends footage

Posted by Pearson2 on 28 March 2012 - 06:11 PM in Off Topic

Not sure if I'll get in trouble for this or not. Hopefully not since its in the 'off topic' section. For Canadian nerf war after parties this is what you get to look forward to.

#313534 Vengeanace 6

Posted by Pearson2 on 25 March 2012 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Winter got you down..... well probably not because it wasn't much of a winter. Get slaughtered at Massacre 7 (yes the pun was intended)? Need to really badly extract some foamy revenge or someone?

Its spring time and that can only mean one thing. Vengeance is back boys and girls.

Posted Image

A quick note before we get into the details, I visited the badlands today and I am sad to say that mother nature has reclaimed her land. Remember how that old woman was complaining about how we were destroying the area? Turns out she knows nothing about nature because (as I predicted with all the accuracy of a Peregrine Falcon) our running, jumping and shooting caused the flowers and weeds to germinate (spread) faster and now the badlands is one big thicket. The good news is that I have really come to like the Green lands (the other Vengeance site) and will more then likely be hosting all future Vengeance's there.

Hosts:

Pearson
Figment
Trinity
and introducing Grizzly

When:

April 28th, 2012. Lots of time to prepare.

10am - 5pm or possibly longer if people are still interested.

Where:

Erin Mills Parkway between Folkway Drive and Bernhamthorpe

Posted Image

The Green Lands are just off of Erin Mills parkway between Burnhamthorpe and Folkway drive. For those of you who would like the name of it, it is called DUNN PARK.

To get to Dunn Park:

Coming from the West (London, Guelph, Dumpster/Tankland)

Take the 401 to Mississauga Road (this should be familiar from Vengeance 1)

Follow Mississauga Road, it will become Erin Mills parkway.

Immediately after Folkway you will see parking on the right, if you go past the old age mansion you have gone too far. There is a small parking lot on the right, additional parking is across the way where there is a mall with Basin Robbins, a gino's pizza and a grocery store.

Coming from the East (Ajax, Oshawa, Cheynerville)

Take the 401 to Mississauga Road (this should be familiar from Vengeance 1)

Follow Mississauga Road, it will become Erin Mills parkway.

Immediately after Folkway you will see parking on the right, if you go past the old age mansion you have gone too far. There is a small parking lot on the right, additional parking is across the way where there is a mall with Basin Robbins, a gino's pizza and a grocery store.

Blaster Restrictions:

No plugged Big Blasts or Signal Launchers, no singles Titans. All blasters are subject to range testing by Figment or myself. If a blaster is deemed to be dangerous we have the right to refuse use at the war.

All participants will be asked to produce a random sample of 5-10 of their darts for inspection. Sorry boys and girls, after the last war, safety comes first. Any sample size producing over 30% of darts we deem to be dangerous (3 of 10 or 2 of 5) will be asked to show all of their darts. All darts deemed unsafe by the hosts must be destroyed immediately or the person will be asked to leave the venue with their money refunded.

Things to look for when determining if your darts are safe or not. A safe dart should not have:

Exposed metal
An exposed fishing weight
pointed or oddly shaped glue domes
a glue dome that is coming off the head of the dart

Must Bring:

- A primary

- A sidearm

- Minimum 100 darts

Cover will be $10. This includes, badges (badge design will have the winner of the first Canadian nerfers mod contest's blaster on them), prizes, contests etc etc.

Field Supervisors:

Figment

Pearson

Trinity

Grizzly

Confirmed List:

K-10
Geronimo
Brock
Biohazard
Cnl Munchies
Forsaken Angel
Cheyner
Slim
Shadow
nightmare
tbone
lil munckins
abe
dr. knockers
XIII

Maybe
Curly
grizzly's guest x4

One last piece of advice. If we have over 20 nerfers I would like to set up a little contest to help get to know your fellow nerfers better. Here is what I propose, if you are for sure for sure coming to the war and are not going to cancel for any reason, get into contact with me via Canadian nerfers PM, facebook, email text or any other method. I want you to tell me something unique about you that pertains to the nerf hobby. The reason for this is at the beginning of Vengeance, everyone will be given a scorecard asking a number of questions, the person who gets the most correct will win a prize (prize gets larger the more people that show to the war.)

Examples of questions that would be on the scorecard:

Which nerfer does forsaken angel put a bounty on claiming "If you can put a dart into his mouth, I'll give you $5?"

The answer would be Apple Fury
Another example:

Which nerfers codename was changed at his first war to describe the barrel material he used for his first big blast?

The answer is Slushi (he used a slushi straw as his first big blast barrel).

Please don't put questions like 'Who enjoys using a big blast the most? (That could be anyone) or Who is the best at dodging? (Everyone will think it is them self). That being said, I'd love to have a question for each nerf participant at war if possible.

Posted Image

Vengeance 6 teaser trailer.

#311750 Massacre 7

Posted by Pearson2 on 24 February 2012 - 02:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Money has been received by Slime, Guitarzan and Ice. Still waiting on payment from Hydro100 and Coop. The list of everyone who has paid thus far for the early bird can be found here http://www.canadiann....php?f=5&t=903.

#303123 Apocalypse 2011 recap thread

Posted by Pearson2 on 09 August 2011 - 06:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, back in Canada safe and sound, planning for hell. Looking back on Apoc there were a lot of good times.
Pros
- Getting to see Chops, Gears, Langley, Lego, Vacc etc etc again
- All the nice compliments on the Redneck Hunting Rifle. Surprisingly it didn’t break, nothing did actually.
- Wingmaning it up with Chops for a few rounds, seems like last year at both Apoc and Hell we were always on opposite sides
- A long back and fourth battle with Coop which turned into a gentleman’s duel. I loved too how we had an audience for it
- Coop’s sense of humor for the most part is hilarious. I hope you can make it up to Canada for a war, you’re a blast to nerf with.
- I really enjoyed the concept of Carpe Testicles or whatever it was called. I think it needed a few minor tweaks (more buckets, possibly 3 or 4 teams instead of 2, and different spawn points) but overall it was a cool concept. That being said I don’t think I used my gun much in that round, I was too busy running suicides
- The one round where K10, Vacc and myself ran the table and cleared out an entire team. Some rounds darts just seem to go right where you want them
- Pulling off the outdoor slide kill in that round. Not as much fun as after a big rain storm but I still love pulling off the baseball slide
- End of the first round pulling a firing squad on the remaining members of the other team
- My favorite story of the weekend. Random Kid: Angel…. Is that your original doomslayer? Angel: Yeah kid. But there is no L in it. Random kid: Oh….. ok. Is that your origina doomslayer?
Cons
- Slug Darts. Sorry everyone, not a fan
- I hope vacc wasn’t pissed with the makeshift slugs I made. All I heard was it needed something covering the dome. Oops.
- Random BS before and after the war….. we almost thought we lost Rambo, but that’s another story, and what happened to Gears royally sucks. Specially because it happened to such a nice guy
- People weren’t taking their hits, especially during carpe testicularum, kinda soured the game for me.
All in all was good to see everyone again. I hope a lot of you can make it up for Hell in October to get a taste of how us Canucks run a big war.
Thanks again to Vacc and the LGLF for all their hard work.

#301651 Apoc 2011 Game Types

Posted by Pearson2 on 16 July 2011 - 01:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Would it be possible to have a 2 team or possibly 4 team guardian round?

#296396 Full Metal Nerf Gun.

Posted by Pearson2 on 21 March 2011 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

I am into nerf and I am into metal castings and forging. It was only a while before I put 1 and 2 together. A nerf gun made out of 100% metal with a monster of a spring in it. I think it would be cool, but it is basically turning nerf guns into real gun. It will still shoot a dart and be super cool. Before I put all the effort into the idea I would like some other opinions and if anybody would be willing to buy it. I have not determined a price because I have to set the price after words because of cost of material and effort. Pleas give me your opinion and any ideas of what I should do or problems I may run into.

Knowing how to do metal castings and forgings can be very helpful for this hobby for parts of favorite guns that have a tendency to break. A nerfer from Singapore was selling Big Blast aluminum triggers with great success as they would be very unlikely to break. The same guy started in the works of aluminum bolt sleds, also very handy to have.

Personally I have been making a push for an aluminum pump action shotgun catch trigger. I've gone through too many of those and I'm getting fed up.

*hint hint*

#295539 Vengeance 4

Posted by Pearson2 on 07 March 2011 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Are we going to get a chance to play some type of game on the hill this year?
I'm still maybe, but I will sell my soul to make it if I have to.

Definatly. The only reason why we wern't able to last year was due to lack of time. I'm thinking a defend the hill/defend the core round might be awesome. Crooked and I will discuss this week.

#295524 Vengeance 4

Posted by Pearson2 on 07 March 2011 - 08:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Vengeance 4 Teaser trailer.

Posted Image

When:

Saturday April 9th

10am - 5pm or possibly longer if people are still interested.

Where:

Riverview Park
Streetsville Ontario
Near Britannia and Mississauga Road

Posted Image

ROAD MAP

Directions from West of Mississauga:

- Take the 401 East until exit 336, MISSISSAUGA ROAD
- Turn right on MISSISSAUGA ROAD
- After a few stoplights turn left onto MISSISSAUGA ROAD (This is not a typo, the road turns on to itself. If you keep going stright the road turns into Erin Mills Parkway)
- Turn Left on BRITANNIA ROAD
- Turn Left on TILSDOWN ROAD
- Turn left on SIR MONTY'S DRIVE
- Parking is on the left.

Directions from East of Mississauga:

- Take the 401 West Until exit 342 HURONTARIO STREET
- Turn left on HURONTARIO STREET
- Turn right on BRITANNIA ROAD
- Turn right on TILSDOWN ROAD
- Parking is on the left

For a map on how to get to the war enter SIR MONTY'S DRIVE and STANCOMBE CRESENT in Streetsville Ontario on either mapquest or google maps.

Blaster Restrictions:

No plugged Big Blasts or Signal Launchers, no singles Titans. All blasters are subject to range testing by Crooked or myself. If a blaster is deemed to be dangerous we have the right to refuse use at the war.

Must Bring:

- A primary
- A sidearm
- Minimum 100 darts (recomended 200 or more)

Cost:

$5 for admission. The money collected will go towards door prizes, random give aways and other fun things determined by Crooked and myself. To purchase tickets ahead of time please PM me for my paypal information or the money can be given to myself or crooked at the event.

Other Information:

I will talk to Forsaken_Angel about rental guns. For now I am going to say the answer is no just because I do not want to put any pressure on him. If I do happen to get an ok from him it is something you will have to work out with him for price, which gun/guns you will be renting etc. For now you must provide all your own equipment.

Darts will NOT be for rent or for sale by myself or crooked at the war. If you need darts I recommend purchasing them from either XIII or from Slushi or placing an order with Forsaken_Angel for foam.

Field Supervisors:

Crooked
Pearson

Confirmed List:
Crooked
Pearson
K-10
Artemis
Forsaken_Angel24
Bowserxx
Orikai
Shrimptail
Grizzly
Fluffy
Geronimo
Colonel Munchies
Pittsy
Brock
Figment
Slim
squible
K9 + 1
myszunia
pkownu
cheyner
bookworm
juggernaught
geronimo's sister

Maybes

Tbone +2
kimchi
Slowguitarman
CNP
Judy Chopp
XIII
Silent
Utahnerf
myszunia's guest
Chuckles
switchblade

#295141 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by Pearson2 on 27 February 2011 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

A few upgrades to the Redneck Hunting Rifle.

Posted Image

Added a 8 inch barrel, 6 didn't seem nearly long enough. I'll do range testing with both when the weather gets warmer.

Posted Image

The longer barrel looks a little nicer too, something needs to be done with the barrels, I'm thinking ends similar to Talos or the Countess but I'll determine that next weekend.

Posted Image

Some black tubing over the vynal tubing protects the tubing and the check valve as well looks a lot nicer.

Posted Image

Now the big one. You'd be surprised how much of a pain in the ass this button was to put on. The bottom part of the button was the same size as the button on the blast button, means I couldn't super glue it or epoxy it as it would just bust off if I put pressure anywhere but the centre of the button so as per the advice of Forsaken Angel I drilled a hole into the middle of the button that I added as well as the middle of the blast button and attempted to put a 1 1/4 screw into it. The biggest problem with this is that the trigger on the blast button twists 360 degrees meaning that whenever I tried to tighten the screw all it did was turned the blast button. With a lot of patience and even more swearing I used my needle nose pliers to hold the trigger while I turned the screw. It took forever and didn't tighten as much as I would have liked but it holds onto the gun and looks to my liking. A little bit of super glue gave the screw a little more grab. If anyone has any ideas as how to get this screw tighter I'd love to hear suggestions.

#295080 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by Pearson2 on 25 February 2011 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

[/quote]
HA! Was wondering how long that would take. I honestly haven't range tested it before, but at all the wars I've used/langley has used it at, it's great, somewhere around xbow ranges. When all this snow lets up, I'll do a quick range test to give you something more quantitative.
[/quote]

Holy shit Xbow ranges? No need to range test, I'm already terrified of this gun and will be running in the opposite direction when I see it at Apoc.

#294961 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by Pearson2 on 22 February 2011 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

After plugging the pump it takes between 13-20 pumps for maximum range. Not ideal but it pumps pretty quick all things considered.

I suppose it would be possible to RSCB this gun, after the first dart though I think 50-60 feet per shot would be optimistic.

#294890 Serious Arrowstorm Improvements

Posted by Pearson2 on 22 February 2011 - 12:15 AM in Modifications

Holy shit. Well done indeed.

I'll be the dick and ask how far the darts are traveling out of that beast.

#294838 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by Pearson2 on 21 February 2011 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Challenge accepted good sir.

#294836 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by Pearson2 on 21 February 2011 - 04:49 PM in Modifications

Good choice of name.

I love seeing random parts getting put together to make guns.

The blast button location is the only thing that seems to be the problem.

Thanks. As I said before I really really wanted the blast button to be where the PAS trigger was but the AT2K pump took up too much room so putting that on the inside wasn't possible. Putting it on the outside makes it looks bad and it plus the tubing could get caught on all sorts of stuff so sadly this was the next best spot. It may look awkward but after pumping the gun my finger lines up perfectly with the blast button.

Cheyner, I hate to break it to you but the last pic where the breech is turned on its side is before I plumbers gooped the brass into the salvo barrel. The hinge doesn't turn at all.

#294823 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by Pearson2 on 21 February 2011 - 12:56 PM in Modifications

Special thanks to Forsaken Angel for creating my favourite type of breech, the demon breech.

Start off by making a 6 inch demon breech. The measurements are a little different so I'll explain here.

Take 2 inches of 5/8 brass
Take 1 and a half inches of 19/32 and put it in the 5/8 brass
Take 1/2 of an inch of 9/16 brass and put it in the end of the 19/32
take 1/2 of an inch of 17/32 brass and put it in the end of the 9/16
Take 3/4 of an inch of 1/2 inch brass and put it into the 17/32

Cut 6 inches of 9/16 brass. mark on the 9/16 where the 1 and a half inch mark is.
At that mark add a half inch of 19/32 brass.

Cut 2 inches of 5/8 brass.
Add half an inch of 19/32 brass at the end of the 5/8 brass.

Slide the 9/16 brass into the first contraption with the smaller pieces of brass. Slide the 5/8 with the 19/32 in it over the 9/16. When finished it should look like this.

Together

Posted Image

Apart

Posted Image

End View

Posted Image

This may sound confusing. I will try to explain it best with an illustration.

Posted Image

The 19/32 is used as a stopper when the breech is pulled out. The 5/8's is the sheath for the breech and the 9/16 is your regular barrel material.

When the breech is opened the 19/32 hit against each other allowing the breech to open but not allowing the 9/16 to fall out.

Now, this is a pretty useless breech unless you add something to hold it all together.

I was able to find a hinge at Home Depot for about $5.00. Its a little big but its all I could find. Make sure the breech is closed when you are doing this so that everything lines up properly.

Take the one part of the breech that has the 5/8, 19/32, 17/32 and 1/2 in it and attach it to one side of the hinge. Make sure not to get any solvent on any other parts of the breech. Make sure to leave about an inch of overhang off the side of the hinge.

Take the other piece of 5/8 and attach it to the other side of the hinge, again making sure that no solvent gets on the other side of the breech.

It should look like this.

Posted Image

Take a hacksaw or a dremel and cut down the barrel end of the Salvo tank to about an inch or so. Enough to fit the overhang that you left on your breech in the barrel.

Take plumbers goop and lather it on the overhanging part of the breech. Put the gooped up breech into the Salvo barrel making sure everything is straight. Let everything dry for 24 hours.

If everything went right your gun should look like this.

Closed breech.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Open breech.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ranges are to be expected from a big salvo. 70-90 feet depending on dart, weather etc etc. But man does this gun ever feel great. All the comfort of a PAS without worrying about it breaking any time soon.

Comments? Flames? Questions?

#294822 The Redneck Hunting Rifle

Posted by Pearson2 on 21 February 2011 - 12:55 PM in Modifications

Ok so after a lengthy hiatus of creating anything new and not doing a writeup for the Canadian destroyer that I rocked at APOC (I'll be honest, I didn't write it up because I didn't think it was going to work) I present my newest creation. The Redneck Hunting Rifle.

Posted Image

Now, I love the feel of the PAS. It's great for aiming with, the stock feels great against my shoulder and its really easy to pump. That being said, although the internals are great they tend to break easily and are in constant need of repair. Because of constantly fixing my main primary MR.T I had tons of the PAS shells sticking around and I decided I wanted to make something that had the comfort of the PAS but would last longer then 2-3 wars.

Things you will need:

- A PAS shell
- An AT2K pump
- A Big salvo tank
- A blast button (thanks to XIII for selling me his from his hornet)
- A Check valve
- A 2 way splitter
- Lots of tubing
- Lots of Epoxy putty
- Lots of super glue or other epoxy
- Plumbers goop
- Some sort of cutting device. Dremels work best.

Optional for my Breech
- 1/2 brass
- 17/32 brass
- 9/16 brass
- 19/32 brass
- 5/8 brass
- a hinge of some sort

First thing I did was connected my internals together.

Posted Image

This is probably the easiest part, attach the AT2K pump to the check valve, attach the check valve to the T splitter, and then attach the two parts of the T splitter, one to the blast button and the other to the salvo tank. Don't worry about tubing length right now, we'll figure out all that stuff when we get further along.

Take your PAS shell and grab the brown handle that is used to pump up the gun. Make sure you know which part is the front and the back, dremel out the back part so that there is a large open area for the 2K pump to attach to.

Posted Image

Now, take the end of your 2K pump, the part with the 2 large holes in it and make the holes a little bit bigger until they fit over the screw port on the pump on your PAS. It should look like this when it is done.

Posted Image

I made the mistake of first trying to sand down the screw port to fit inside of the 2K pump hole, big mistake. The screw ports are hollow on the inside. If you replicate this mod make the hole in the AT2K pump bigger. It should fit on fine after a little tweaking.

Next, you want to remove the trigger guard on the PAS. It will just get in the way of your pumping, use a cutting tool to remove this. After this is done you are going to want to make a large hole where the trigger was in the PAS. This is so that the rest of your AT2K pump will be able to fit in there.

Posted Image

Take your time before you epoxy the rest of the 2K pump to the inside of your PAS shell. This can take some time but you want the PAS shell to be able to close around the 2K pump. Plus, if the 2K pump is on an angle then it will bend and possibly break when you try to pump your gun. My advice is try to get the 2K pump as high up in the gun as possible. If you are having problems with this it may be easier to attach the 2K pump to the middle notch in the PAS pump. It is slightly lower then the screw ports.

Posted Image

Use your dremel and a drill bit to make a tiny hole in the top of the stock of the PAS. This is where your tubing will come out of.

Posted Image

Another hole in the back part of the PAS will allow your tubing to flow seamlessly from the pump back into the gun where you want to put all the good stuff. It should look something like this.

Posted Image

For the blast button I really wanted to put it where the PAS trigger was, either on the side or right on the front, sadly there is only so much you can cram into a PAS shell and I didn't want to put the blast button on the outside on account of too much tubing to get stuck on trees and corners plus it just looks sloppy. My backup spot was on the left side of the gun right near the pump.

Posted Image

This will allow me to fire quickly after pumping. Its not ideal but its the best place I could come up with. Dremeling a nice snug hole until the blast button fits then anchoring it in with Super glue and epoxy putty will do the trick.

Now one thing I will comment on, which is probably the most difficult part of this mod.
I hate big salvo tanks. They are oddly shaped, they get smaller more towards the front and I have a tough enough time keeping regular barrels straight, keeping the tank straight for these is a nightmare.

Posted Image

Although I used 2 inch PVC as a sleeve for it I don't really recommend it. It didn't really help. Just eyeball it the best you can and anchor the tank in with some epoxy putty when you have the barrels where you want. Try to make as much of the barrel stick out the front of the gun as possible.

Now you could stop here and have a pretty cool gun by adding your favourite barrel material to the front of this, or you can take this one step further and do what I did.

More to come. Please don't post until finished.

#287490 Hell Before Halloween #4

Posted by Pearson2 on 25 October 2010 - 01:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow wow wow wow wow wow what a war.

Similar to K-10 my game wasn't really 100% for this war. No excuses but I defiantly didn't have the best war of my life. That being said.

PROS

- Seeing Chops, langley, gears, leggo, cnp, kimchi, sgm and buffdaddy again. You guys are the best. Not only because you make long trips to Canuckistan but you all are just really awesome people...... are you sure you weren't born Canadian and then just were shipped over to the states at a very young age?
- Monstermash was probably my favorite game of all time, lots of rushing, lots of stuff to shoot at, by some miracle I was making amazing shots
- The 360 core was awesome. Another amazing game type with tons of action and tons of shooting
- Luring half of the green team away from the core in 360 core. I got tank, grizzly, grimbsbypops and someone else to follow me past the staging area before they realized what was up
- American goodies, damn fruit pies are good
- The K9 cookout. I am truly thankful for this every war, its a good, inexpensive source of food and it allows more nerfing as it takes less time for lunch
- Selling PETG to various people. I'll be totally honest, I don't make much money off of the PETG sales but I get excited when people like PK, XIII, Buffdaddy and grimsbykid buy tons of PETG. Means there are lots of good mods coming.
- Umka's hell hound. If I were to hand out an award (sorry to everyone else. Your mods are cool and all but nothing like this) for what I believe to be mod of the year the hell hound would be it. Practical, smooth, looks amazing. Looks frigging stock and rapes out on the field.
- Shooting deathknight in the ass as he was climbing over a picnic table. It was a pretty cool shot.
- Crooked saying "The Canadian destroyer sucks." and then me owning with it for a round. Man does that shotgun blast ever come in handy.
- Getting shot in the jawbone by chops. I don't care what he says this is a pro, the welt looks awesome, it was only the second shot to take me down and chops is such a stand up guy he felt terrible about doing it. All part of the game my friend. I wear this scar with pride.
- Defend the fort and headhunters. Really made hell live up to its name. I know alot of people were hurting after defend the fort.
- Still making the after party despite not getting there until 2am. Just how drunk was chops anyways?
- Butters. Dear god this guy is only going to get better isn't he? He kicked my ass up and down the field a few times.

I'm sure there are lots more. I'll come up with them if I remember.

Cons:

- The unmarked school bus broke and its going to be a tough fix. Thanks to SGM for great advice. (keeps fingers crossed that it works)
- Trying to fix the unmarked school bus during lunch and not having the people who I was fixing it for ask me if they could help or pick me up lunch while I was trying to fix their gun for them (all is forgiven now that I've had time to cool off but I was steamed at the time.)
- Half of my darts were too big for 9/16 with tightening rings (a pro from this, they were the perfect size for PETG so the LGLF were able to use them)
- Having to leave early for work and missing most of the after party due to work. I knew what I was getting into when I signed up but damn that sucks.
- I do agree with K10 on blasters being a little too powerful. That being said although I can't say the same for massacre because I'm not running it, if you bring a titan tank that is not shotgunned, regardless how long the hopper clip is or one of those iron man water guns be prepared for me to shoot you with it from 10 feet away. Don't want this to happen? TEST YOUR GUN OUT FIRST!!!!!

#282683 Nj Apocalypse 2010

Posted by Pearson2 on 10 August 2010 - 10:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow, a year and a half in the making. I have to say that Apoc was everything that Forsaken_angel hyped it up to be. It really was the big leagues. Not only was the competition tough but seeing the diffrent mods that people had made almost made my head explode with awesomeness.

PROS:

- Meeting alot of really cool people, Badger, muttonchops, Jleggo, Talio, Team Massachusetts and the Sex dwarves plus countless other people I can't remember now kept the in between round chatter exciting
- Strifing an entire team twice only to fail and get hit in the chest before taking anyone out. Whoops.
- Jleggo had my number the entire day and Talio is damn near impossible to hit with a stefan, like I said, the competition was tough
- Team Canada and Massachusetts in the final round.
- Team Canada featuring Chops and Jleggo in the unoffical final round after the day was done
- Mecha-Shiva
- The 7 vs 1 and a half when myself and 8 others were aiming for muttonchops and badger only to realize badger wasn't in, then chops' death rush taking down about 4 of us and gunning my in the stomach before being eliminated
- My death charge one round that took out 4 of the other team and one of my own guys before being taken down
- White Castle was everything I had dreamed

CONS:

- Day after apoc when wrestling with tank he busted up my ankle pretty good. Thank god it was after and not before.
- Getting Toilet paper stuck in my ear (I'll explain if you want)

Anyways, apoc was absloutally amazing. Can't wait to come back next year. Take care everyone and try to make a war in Canada if you can.

#276828 Triple Coupler’d Bbbb

Posted by Pearson2 on 04 June 2010 - 05:02 PM in Modifications

Darn you beat me to it. I have one of these (minus the third barrel) just drying up on my big blast. Its great seeing what it looks like done. Well done.

#276827 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by Pearson2 on 04 June 2010 - 05:00 PM in News

I'm sorry but this gun just looks and sounds terrible. I'll be staying as far away from them as possible. The only way I would ever see myself buying one is if I see it in the thrift stores for $1.99

#273844 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Pearson2 on 01 May 2010 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

For those that don't have a Spiderman Dart Tag Blaster the marvelous salvo can be made with Hornet internals. It just takes alot more work. Check it out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Detachable Big Blast Barrel.

How the heck did the guy who did the Marvelous Salvo fit everything into the big blast shell anyways?

#272579 Turrets Info

Posted by Pearson2 on 18 April 2010 - 02:12 PM in Homemades

I'll spoon feed you because it was my first mod as well as my pride and joy. Here ya go.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=15720

#272425 Tetra Strike Mod

Posted by Pearson2 on 16 April 2010 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

I call total bull on the ranges without a video. With a perfect dart and an air tight seal on my Tetra-Strike I get between 50-55 feet. I'd like to be proven wrong but I severly doubt it.

#269602 Spy Launcher Guitar

Posted by Pearson2 on 19 March 2010 - 03:55 AM in Modifications

YES! The odd thing is I had actually thought, ever since the death by foam comic, how cool something similar to this would be. This is truly an amazing mod.

#269490 Tetra Strike Help

Posted by Pearson2 on 18 March 2010 - 03:38 AM in Modifications

Yeah i had to tell a friend to 'pull harder' to get the fourth barrel to fire. Its quite a stretch. Some putty in front of the trigger to expand the perceived 'stroke' helps though.

Not to derail the thread, but since there isn't exactly an abundance of TetraStrike threads available, I wanted to ask a question. Have you plugged the pump? If so, and you're pluming to pretty high pressures, can you get the gun to behave normally?

My problem is that the increased force needed to pull the firing pins is so much that it warps the trigger plate enough that the tanks either (A) open slowly resulting in a crappy range, or (B) the second and third barrels fire at the same time, regardless of how slowly I pull the trigger.

I tried reinforcing the trigger plate, and did a pretty good job I think. I filled in almost every possible surface (that wasn't used in sliding) with epoxy putty, and added some coat-hangar-wire across the gap between the fourth tank and the trigger (this is where most of the warping takes place).

Anyways, it still isn't enough. The tanks can take extremely high pressures, but the trigger just can't pull them reliably. Short of machining a metal trigger plate, or designing a new trigger system, I'm not sure what to do.

This is a problem I hadn't come across. I found that unless you were able to increase the plunger stroke it was impossible to overpump the tetra strike. The short plunger would often cause a pocket of air to force the plunger head back up before the air could be jamed past the check valve.

#269088 Vengeance #1

Posted by Pearson2 on 14 March 2010 - 01:08 AM in Nerf Wars

A new war with new Hosts. Crooked and Pearson present Nerf Vengeance.

When:

Saturday April 10th

10am - 5pm Or until everyone tires out.

Where:

Riverview Park
Streetsville Ontario
Near Britannia and Mississauga Road

Posted Image

ROAD MAP

Directions from West of Mississauga:

- Take the 401 East until exit 336, MISSISSAUGA ROAD
- Turn right on MISSISSAUGA ROAD
- After a few stoplights turn left onto MISSISSAUGA ROAD (This is not a typo, the road turns on to itself. If you keep going stright the road turns into Erin Mills Parkway)
- Turn Left on BRITANNIA ROAD
- Turn Left on TILSDOWN ROAD
- Parking is on the left.

Directions from East of Mississauga:

- Take the 401 West Until exit 342 HURONTARIO STREET
- Turn left on HURONTARIO STREET
- Turn right on BRITANNIA ROAD
- Turn right on TILSDOWN ROAD
- Parking is on the left

For a map on how to get to the war enter SIR MONTY'S DRIVE and STANCOMBE CRESENT in Streetsville Ontario on either mapquest or google maps.

Blaster Restrictions:

No plugged Big Blasts or Signal Launchers, no singled Titans. All blasters are subject to range testing by Crooked or myself. If a blaster is deemed to be dangerous we have the right to refuse use at the war.

You Must Bring:

- A primary and/or a sidearm
- Minimum 50 darts (recomended 100 or more)

Cost:

$5 for admission. The money collected will go towards door prizes, random give aways and other fun things determined by Crooked and myself. To purchase tickets ahead of time please PM me for my paypal information or the money can be given to myself or crooked at the event.

Other Information:

I will talk to Forsaken_Angel about rental guns. For now I am going to say the answer is no just because I do not want to put any pressure on him. If I do happen to get an ok from him it is something you will have to work out with him in terms of price, which gun/guns you will be renting etc. For now you must provide all your own equiptment.

Darts will NOT be for rent or for sale by myself or crooked at the war. If you need darts I recomend placing an order with Forsaken_Angel for foam ahead of time or looking to place an order for darts a week or two in advance.

Field Supervisors:

Crooked
Pearson

Confirmed List:

Crooked
Pearson
Forsaken_angel24
Grizzly
SlowGuitarMan
DeadDumpster
Tankrat
K10
Cheyner

Maybes

XIII
Bitemeking
MSDFS
Dragan
Krolik
Figment

#268657 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by Pearson2 on 09 March 2010 - 10:27 AM in Nerf Wars

If I can talk Forsaken_angel, crooked or my other buddy K-10 to book the sunday off work (for the drive back up to Canada) I'll be there. 8 hours is a long drive to make by yourself though.

#268022 New Barelling Material

Posted by Pearson2 on 04 March 2010 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

OH NO! Something seems to have disapeared from your previous post!! But fear not, I moonlighted as a burlesque magician. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, for my next feat I'll need a volunteer from the members! You sir, Thomas is it? Please pick a number from one to ahh fuck it, I don't have the patience. Is this your last post?

is that better mr better than everybody

To answer your inquiry; no. That's not better, but this is:

Thomas8,
Your member account at NerfHaven has been temporarily suspended.

Your account will not be functional until July 19, 2037 at 1:22 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

Board Address: http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php

This was so funny I couldn't stop laughing for a good 15 minutes. Vacc is my new hero.

#265105 Knock Off Star Wars Rebel Troop Blaster Optimization

Posted by Pearson2 on 11 February 2010 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

The one that shoots the arrows has a slightly sronger spring then the one that shoots the suction darts. Sadly I don't have a picture as I modded and destroyed both of these guns a long time ago but if you buy both guns and place both springs beside each other the difference is pretty obvious.

#265084 Knock Off Star Wars Rebel Troop Blaster Optimization

Posted by Pearson2 on 11 February 2010 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Although I really like this gun in terms of range for an inexpensive price there is a concern. The plastic that this gun is made with is very brittle. When modding one of these, after screwing up the first one, I broke it in half with my bare hands. What you save in price you lose in durability. I'm actually really interested to see how one of these does for a full day of nerfing, if anyone has used one as their sidearm.

That being said, great writeup. Very well documented.

#264952 Tetra Strike Barrel Replacement

Posted by Pearson2 on 10 February 2010 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Also, like others have suggested, I would recommend that you use PVC on the base so that your barrels are straight.

For anyone doing this mod I would totally agree. But for the purpose that I wanted it for, as a sidearm to shotgun fire anyone who rushes me I wanted the barrels angled in diffrent directions to cause a greater spread area. So in truth I goofed on 3 barrels and just that one on the top was done properly.

#264941 Tetra Strike Barrel Replacement

Posted by Pearson2 on 10 February 2010 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I think a zip tie would be a better choice than e-tape to hold that part of the shell together because of simplicity and lack of adhesive residue. Also, you look like you need a bandaid for your finger. Also, also, good job, way to take chances on the tank's opening size and figure out a way to fix it afterwards, makes me happy that you didn't just create a "what would happen if" thread.

I hadn't thought of a zip tie. Thats a great idea. That cut was from trying to take the rest of the orange nub part off with a flathead screwdriver, I always forget to push the screwdriver away from my hands. I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to modding a gun. I think this is in part to having Forsaken_angel as a very close friend. I'll go and bring my newly modded gun to him thinking I'm the shit and he'll look at it and say "Its decent. Wow that turret seal is terrible. Why isn't your PETG stright?" Which is good because it keeps me on track for doing good mods. Although I could have left the hole smaller and said "What if" I had to figure out even if it cost me a blaster..... which it did.

I think when I get mine I'll try to expand the air tanks. That could boost the range. Also I think a pump replacement would be a good idea. 20 pumps for 4/50' shots doesn't seem that practical.

The air tanks look fairly easy to expand. I've never tried that or a pump replacement before but I believe you're right. This gun screams for both of them. You're right 20 pumps is a lot, would probabally get frusterating after a full day of nerfing.

I see two ways to improve this besides tank expansion. One, on the Tetrastrike there is a check valve for each tank so that they don't leak into eachother when fired. That means there probably isn't one in the pump, which means you can't build up hardly any pressure. This thing should be primed in 12 pumps, max.

Secondly, I'm pretty sure you can put longer barrels. People use 12" barrels on their AT2Ks nowadays, I think 6" would be more reasonable, especially since the air release is a bit slow.

I have darts that are pretty thick. I worried that if I put barrels longer then 4" on the gun that the darts wouldn't make it out of the barrel on the first shot. I'm curious about your first statement, how can you tell if there is a check valve on the pump? Also would adding one make it less pumps to fill up?

Could you nest PVC over the barrels to protect them and keep em' straight? What are the ranges?

Angel receomended wrapping the barrels in E-tape. You could potentially put PVC over the ends of the barrels for protection, I think it might be a little tight towards the base with the green spacers there.

As mentioned before its to cold here to do an acurate range test. I can try if we get a nice day. For now though the best I can offer is that it shoots over 30 feet.

#264878 Tetra Strike Barrel Replacement

Posted by Pearson2 on 09 February 2010 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

Sadly the holes that release the air are kinda small. I'd like to expand them but again, learning from my first one, its way too easy to cause a leak in the chamber. I did the best I could by taking a star head screwdiver and slowly pressing it into the hole.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It didn't expand the air flow a huge amount but every little bit counts.

Pretty stright forward after that. Take your favourite Barrel Material and attach it to the top. I figure 4 inches of PETG should make for good barrels. A little super glue and plumbers goop to hold everything on. (If anyone is wodering why the barrel farthest to the right looks like a mess I tried to sand down the old barrel to make a bit of an angle for my new barrel and ended up putting a small hole in the chamber. Those leaks are a little tricky to plug).

Posted Image

Once this is done I recomend plugging the pump. I'll explain more on why this is a great idea later.

One Last problem........

Posted Image

Remember the orange ring we pried off of the pump? There is nothing to hold that part of the gun together. You could leave it like as is. I tried a few times and it actually increases the very short draw. I just worry that durring a war the pump will come out and I won't be able to get it back in.

you could potentially use super glue, hot glue or create a screw port but I'm a very lazy man, plus I don't like having guns that I'm not able to open again. Bring out your roll of E-tape.

Posted Image

A few times around will make the barrel good as new.

Before I forget here is why I like plugging the pump so much on this gun, the draw is so small that, as far as I can tell, its impossible to over pump the gun. Once you get a good amount of air pressure in all the barrels the air will no longer go into the tube. Rather, it will just compress at the bottom of the plunger tube and pop the plunger back up again. I'm not sure if this is the exact reason or not but I tried over pumping this gun many times and I wasn't able to do it. That being said after about 20 pumps I couldn't get any more air to go in.

Posted Image

There is too much green on this gun. I'm thinking a paintjob is still to come.

No ranges it, its too cold outside to test but my basement is 30 feet across, firing 90 degrees from the ground the darts hit chest level at pretty good velocity. I'm guessing 50 feet is not unreasonable. 60 might be pushing it.

Overall, I really like this gun. Getting the hang of modding the first one took a little bit but I could probabally finish another one of these in half an hour. Don't get me wrong I don't think they will ever replace a primary but I'll take one of these over a nightfinder anyday.

Questions? Comments? Sugestions?

#264877 Tetra Strike Barrel Replacement

Posted by Pearson2 on 09 February 2010 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

First off I have to say I love the concept of a Tetra strike. Small enough to be a sidearm but having 4 barrels that can be fired together or seperate gives it a little more punch then your average pistol.

Things you Need

Tetra Strike blaster
Screwdriver
E-Tape
PETG (I used 16 inches. 4 for each barrel)
Epoxy
Star Head Screwdriver
Hacksaw or Dremel

Posted Image

Take your Tetra Strike and remove all of the screws.

Posted Image

There is a green grip on the back of the gun that will need to be pried off with a flathead screwdriver. Its pretty easy and can go back on after you are done modding the gun.

Posted Image

Pry or cut this orange nub off. Sadly there is no way to keep it intact as even if you can get it off without breaking it it will not fit over the pump head.

Posted Image

Have a look at the internals. Oh by the way don't do what I did, I was a little too rough with prying that last orange part off and somehow broke the handle for the plunger off. *Whoops* Thankfully I was able to put it back on with a bit of Super Glue.

Posted Image

Unfortunatally PETG won't fit down the barrels as they are. This is a shame as they would do a great job to keep the barrels stright (If you're into that kinda thing.) For me I plan on having my Tetra strike fire all shots at once to increase my chances of hitting someone when I fire at them, that being said I want my barrels slightly angled so I decided to get rid of the barrels all together.

Posted Image

The first Tetra strike I worked on I did this with my dremel and a rotary bit. I don't recomend doing this as if you cut too far down its very easy for the blast chamber to spring a leak hence why I cut my second tetra strike with a hacksaw. I placed the blade against the chamber and cut as close as possible without actually cutting any of the chamber.

Posted Image

Posted Image

When you are done it should look like this.

Still more to post please wait for comments

#264876 Ertl Pump Action Shotgun Spring Fed Rscb And Rscb Housing

Posted by Pearson2 on 09 February 2010 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

This gun looks amazing. Love the paintjob. I can almost see that gun with a darker brown 'wood' paintjob. It would look like a hunting rifle. Very very cool.

#264622 Break Long Shot

Posted by Pearson2 on 07 February 2010 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

I've been thinking for months about doing this to a PAS. Nice to see it done successfully. I have to say, I like it!