alextwin007's Content

There have been 88 items by alextwin007 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#275379 Spring Bcno

Posted by alextwin007 on 20 May 2010 - 01:52 PM in Nerf Wars

My schedule just freed up on the 22 so I can come. But I still can’t make the 29th.

#274609 Spring Bcno

Posted by alextwin007 on 12 May 2010 - 04:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Just found out that I can’t make the 22nd. The 5th is still open for me.

#274080 Spring Bcno

Posted by alextwin007 on 05 May 2010 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a high maybe, I checked my calendar and I’m free. I just need to get the final OK from my parents.

#271717 Nysno

Posted by alextwin007 on 09 April 2010 - 01:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I’m now a definite, that is if this is still going to happen without Ubermensch.

#271618 Nysno

Posted by alextwin007 on 07 April 2010 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

If we do something this weekend I am a high maybe, but there is no chance of me going on the 16th or 17th.

#269391 Nysno

Posted by alextwin007 on 16 March 2010 - 09:37 PM in Nerf Wars

That’s good, I just found out that I wouldn’t be able to attend the previous date, although I’m still a maybe.

#269082 Nightraider

Posted by alextwin007 on 13 March 2010 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

I'm a little confused about the way this gun cocks. The bolt sled brings the entire barrel assembly backwards into the NF plunger tube, thus pushing back the plunger and cocking it? That's pretty nifty, but what keeps the seal between the PVC sheath and the NF plunger tube? And where is the breech 'slot' to allow darts in? I may be missing something obvious here.

Your right about the first part. The seal between the breach and the nightfinder plunger tube is actually accomplished by the brass. To allow the dart I made sure that I cut the brass so that it fits inside the original bolt completely so the dart is guarantee to get into the breach once opened.

This gun is designed to work with both stock darts and stefans. I will probably be using streamline because a group that I nerf with only uses stock darts.

#268913 Nightraider

Posted by alextwin007 on 12 March 2010 - 04:36 PM in Modifications

It looks really good, but isn't the gun a litttle front heavy?
Why not try to retain the stock attachment, and use a recon stock, so the the cocking motion resembles a
crossbow?

Anyway, it looks damn good. Keep up the good work!

The gun isn’t front heavy when you consider that with the priming handle on your holding it with two hands. One of my goals when making this was to allow it to use the original priming handle. This is supposed to be an indoor weapon so I was going for rate of fire and a X-bow style of priming doesn’t allow that.

Wow. do you still prime it with the stock priming handle.

It still primes using the original priming handle, although I didn’t have it on in the picture.

#268907 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by alextwin007 on 12 March 2010 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

I present the nightraider
Posted Image
Posted Image
I just finished working out all the bugs. I replaced the reversed plunger with a nightfinder plunger tube, but it’s still set up to work on the same priming handle.

#268905 Nightraider

Posted by alextwin007 on 12 March 2010 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Finally we are going to mount the plunger tube. Before doing this make sure that you have finished your bolt completely. To allow more surface area for the glue to adhere I placed camping foam in the shell as shown.
Posted Image

Before you glue down your plunger tube, make sure everything line up perfectly. Run the breach through a full set of motion to make sure that the breach neither comes out the front or the back of the plunger tube. Mark this location and glue the plunger tube in place. I found that on mine this ended up being just in front of the end of the gun.
Posted Image

When you’re gluing the plunger tube in place make sure you have the breach in it. Also use the back of the raider stock to help you make sure the plunger tube is straight. Once the glue dries go through the action of the breach making sure everything is lined up.

The final thing you have to do is remove this safety device from the top portion of the shell. Without a reversed plunger, if you don’t remove it, your boltsled will be restricted from moving back.
Posted Image

When you put this gun back together, you have to do so in a certain way. First place the nightfinder trigger in the raider shell and screw the raider shell together. The nightfinder trigger should stick out like so.
Posted Image

Now flip the raider around so the side that the clip comes out of is down. Now this should make assembling the nightfinder portion easier. You should be able to slip the plunger rod into the raider along with the spring resting it on the back shell of the raider. Once everything is together, it should look like this.
Posted Image

Although it doesn’t look the best, I would advise using duct tape to secure the nightfinder to the raider shell. This will allow you to make fine adjustments before your do anything permanent. Also by keeping the shells of the nightfinder and raider separate, you will be able to do basic repairs without opening the whole raider. In the end, it should look like this.
Posted Image
Posted Image

There are two things that I am going to do to make sure this gun doesn’t break. The first is to cushion the plunger head with camping foam. This serves a few purposes as it not only protects the plunger head, but also it prevents the brass from getting destroyed. You will have to swap this out every now and then because the brass will cut the foam. The other is to add some sort of stopper to the plunger so that it will stop before even hitting the brass. Doing these two things should prolong the life of the gun.

Now everyone is probably asking about ranges but at the moment I only have a stock nightfinder spring in here. The ranges are typical of a stock nightfinder. I added a tighter barrel with adding the 17/32” brass but didn’t replace the spring. Replacing the spring with an Ace 49 spring would probably require more reinforcement but performance should dramatically improve.

I plan on updating this with what was stated above and attempting to keep the slam fire ability, if I do I’ll update this.

Questions, comments, flames.

#268904 Nightraider

Posted by alextwin007 on 12 March 2010 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

The purpose of this mod was to take a raider and swap its reversed plunger out replacing it with one from a nightfinder. I lost the pictures for the first part so I will try to explain what I did the best I can.

This is a finicky mood and will most likely need tweaking after your done.

Materials:
Raider
Nightfinder
½” PVC
17/32 brass
9/16 brass
19/32 brass
Disk of hard plastic (I’ll get into why latter)

Open up your raider and take out the plunger, catch mechanism, slam fire ability and the parts that hold the plunger in straight, we will not be using them

Cut the barrel so that it looks like this (sorry I don’t have exact measurements). Hammer a 3-3/8” piece of 17/32 into the barrel.
Posted Image

Cut the 17/32 brass so that it follows the curves of the front of the original barrel.
Posted Image

Cut ¾” pieces of the 9/16 brass, 19/32 brass, and the ½ PVC. Glue the 9/16 brass into the 19/32 and using some e-tape glue the 19/32 brass into the PVC.
Posted Image

Hammer and glue the PVC into the plunger tube like shown. I used a dist shot plunger tube taking advantage of the glued ring, but a nightfinder plunger tube would work fine as long as you make sure it’s straight.
Posted Image

Now for the shell. First we will have to cut of this small part of the shell as shown.
Posted Image

Now to allow the nightfinder to fit around the back of the gun you will need to cut it at the nerf logo as shown.
Posted Image

It should fit around the back of the gun like this.
Posted Image

Next cut off the handle of the nightfinder just below the trigger.
Posted Image

Place the nightfinder trigger directly behind the trigger of the raider and mark were on the shell the trigger make contact
Posted Image

You will have to sand theses parts down so that the trigger can move freely.
Posted Image

All of the steps above to the shell must been done to both sides of both the raider and nightfinder.

When the nightfinder is placed around the raider, the two triggers should line up as shown.
Posted Image

To make sure the triggers stay in line cut the back of the raider trigger so that it’s flat.
Posted Image

One problem that we have to tackle is to allow the boltsled to slide over the new larger plunger tube. Originally, there is a lip on the bolted in the very back.
Posted Image

You will have to sand this lip down so that it is flush with the inside of the boltsled like below.
Posted Image

I’m not sure if this part is necessary, but it helps allow everything to run smother. What you have to do is sand down the inside of the boltsled so that it slides over the plunger easily. It wont take allot.
Posted Image

#268689 Nysno

Posted by alextwin007 on 09 March 2010 - 05:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Add me as a maybe, I think I will be able to come.

#258302 Winter Bcno

Posted by alextwin007 on 07 December 2009 - 04:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I cant’ come on this date. I already have a ski vacation planed.

#258101 Battle For New York 4

Posted by alextwin007 on 05 December 2009 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Add me to the maybe list, can't wait.

#258034 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by alextwin007 on 04 December 2009 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

Just finished this a few minutes ago. It's a hand cannon with a firefly turret.
Posted Image

Posted Image

I forgot, it's rear loading.

#257627 Winter Bcno

Posted by alextwin007 on 30 November 2009 - 02:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to come depending on the date.

#255893 Fall Dcno

Posted by alextwin007 on 10 November 2009 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite, I will be catching a ride with DB.

#249080 Petg Breech

Posted by alextwin007 on 30 August 2009 - 10:49 AM in Darts and Barrels

I used fishingline rather then string on the breaches I mad a while ago. It's a nice little extra that I used on my breaches that I forgot to share with the NIC.

#248398 Dtb Help

Posted by alextwin007 on 24 August 2009 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

Did you take apart the turret to get the AR’s? If so then you have to glue the turret together to make sure its airtight.

#247350 Rifling Barrels

Posted by alextwin007 on 17 August 2009 - 02:44 PM in Homemades

Using a sabot you have the same problems as using shells, you have to load the dart into them.

If you have just a square piece of larger foam behind the dart, that won't be a problem.

A square piece of foam will not have a good seal in a riffled barrel. Also then your incresing the friction needed to propel the dart. The sabot would have to be shaped like the ammunition for early rifled cannons in the civl war.

by "Square" I mean a piece of foam as ling as it is wide. And yes, that shape would do it.

Even a cylindrical piece of FBR won’t have a good seal in a rifled barrel you’d need a foam that is less dense. In addition if the small piece of foam is propelling the dart then how will you get the dart to spin?

#247316 Rifling Barrels

Posted by alextwin007 on 16 August 2009 - 11:09 PM in Homemades

Using a sabot you have the same problems as using shells, you have to load the dart into them.

If you have just a square piece of larger foam behind the dart, that won't be a problem.

A square piece of foam will not have a good seal in a riffled barrel. Also then your incresing the friction needed to propel the dart. The sabot would have to be shaped like the ammunition for early rifled cannons in the civl war.

#247262 Rifling Barrels

Posted by alextwin007 on 16 August 2009 - 06:09 PM in Homemades

#239590 Power Stocked Eliminator.

Posted by alextwin007 on 01 July 2009 - 12:21 PM in Modifications

How much longer is this gun then a primed eliminator? That should give me a good idea of it’s size.

#239586 Power Stocked Eliminator.

Posted by alextwin007 on 01 July 2009 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

Nice job moonlight, so much power in such a little package. Can we see a comparison picture.

#239468 How To Integrate A Firefly Turret

Posted by alextwin007 on 30 June 2009 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Wait so you manually rotate the turret and the mechanism clicks it into the right place?
Im assuming you could do this with a maverick turret also? (With slight modifications) That seems like it could be better on smaller guns...

This wouldn’t work with a mav turret, but will work with most other turrets such as dtb.

#238534 Bcno Iv

Posted by alextwin007 on 25 June 2009 - 11:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm out of this one. It's just when I get back from Hawaii.

#235119 Tech Target Brass Breach

Posted by alextwin007 on 08 June 2009 - 10:14 PM in Modifications

I saw something very similar to this at BFNY II and I loved it. I forgot who made it and glade that you made a writeup, props.

#234852 Vos Pistol

Posted by alextwin007 on 07 June 2009 - 07:14 PM in Homemades

Angry monk, I love the gun, it’s one of the nicest homemade I’ve ever seen. The only thing is it lacks the eye raping color scheme, and looks similar to a sten gun. I could see real problems if you walk outside with that thing.

#234643 Dart Tag Blaster Modification

Posted by alextwin007 on 06 June 2009 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

The brass acts as a male coupler between the stubs of the turret and the PETG.

#234037 Bcno (again)

Posted by alextwin007 on 02 June 2009 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm coming. two problems, I have no working primaries, and only 30 stefans. It looks like I'll be staying up late this week.

#232965 Longshot Catch Strengthening: Very Easy

Posted by alextwin007 on 27 May 2009 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

For springs you can use the springs found in pens.

#232567 Snappy

Posted by alextwin007 on 25 May 2009 - 10:30 PM in Homemades

I posted something similar to this on Lt. Stefan, but yours is way nicer.

#231695 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by alextwin007 on 21 May 2009 - 01:50 PM in Modifications

You could attach a clothespin trigger to these so you wouldn’t have to twist the base.

#231632 Sawn Off Db Shotgun

Posted by alextwin007 on 20 May 2009 - 11:30 PM in Homemades

I think that you should give up on the idea of the break open loading mech. This design doesn’t allow you to load one barrel when the other is primed. It would be easier and in my opinion more affective if you just created what seemed to be two different guns, but with a linked trigger. Something like two snaps, side by side with the triggers connected, but one trigger is more sensitive than the other so it fires first allowing you to have selective fire.

#231500 Help! Painting Stefans

Posted by alextwin007 on 20 May 2009 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

If you make CS darts with white felt tips, then you can put glow in the dark paint on the tip. I color the tips of my CS darts with a yellow marker, so you should be able to use paint.

#231390 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by alextwin007 on 19 May 2009 - 08:19 PM in Homemades

My cheapsnap pistol, see Lt. Stefan's site (See sig) for writeup. It's not much, but it's my first Homemade.
Posted Image

#231386 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by alextwin007 on 19 May 2009 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

My night finder, for writeup go to Lt. Stefan’s site (see sig).
Posted Image
Posted Image
Peewee Hornet, also see Lt. Stefan’s site
Posted Image
Posted Image

#231354 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by alextwin007 on 19 May 2009 - 06:14 PM in Modifications

The only thing that I could be a problem is that this seems hard to load when running. Other than that good job, it looks great when you load it.

#231337 The Rogue "sereph"

Posted by alextwin007 on 19 May 2009 - 05:43 PM in Modifications

You could have used magnets to connect the triggers. But the problem with linked triggers is that if it’s a pump gun you can’t have it loaded and ready to fire.

#231321 Bcno (again)

Posted by alextwin007 on 19 May 2009 - 04:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I’m a maybe. This is perfect because HHNO just got shot down today and this was the planed date.