Walter's Content

There have been 12 items by Walter (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#88519 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by Walter on 29 August 2006 - 04:43 AM in General Nerf

I went to a TRU with Veggie on the way back from getting him at the airport and when we were going through TRU he was in his navy dress uniform. As we're checking out the guy their asks for his phone number (presumably to input into their compute system) but I initially thought he was hitting on Jeff and I started cracking up. No horror story, but decently funny nonetheless.

As I was walking out, she smiled and said, "Hey, have fun modding!" Her words took my breath away and her smile took my heart.
A week ago, I went back to TRU to buy a couple of guns again. Oddly, I didn't see the one person who took my heart away. After a number of other visits, I still did not see her. I tought to myself, must of been a summer job.
I sighed and walked out of the store with empty hands and an empty heart.

You sir are very creepy.

It's called a "hopeless romantic"

#88395 High-cap Mags For The Longshot?

Posted by Walter on 27 August 2006 - 07:18 AM in Modifications

I would be worried about going to pull the mag out and the bottom one breaking off. I like having 2 seperate mags so you could have one in the gun and load the other one when your not shooting. The double mag gives you a big advantage because you have 13 shots before you have to reload and everyone else has a single barrel or turret on thier gun.

If you could fabricate a long clip spring to accomodate it, you could make a clip that would accomodate more rounds by adding walls just below the ledge that meets the bottom of the LS. That way you don't sacrifice one clip for an extra long one and then don't have to worry about fabricating the top of the clip if you decide you need more than one clip.

I think that a better sealed breech would best accomodate(I use this word far too much) the LS, since the stock blaster suffers from the design of it.

#87867 Holsters: Right Or Left Leg?

Posted by Walter on 20 August 2006 - 03:29 AM in General Nerf

I don't know quite how I'm going to make a holster for it. Still, it will be mounted in the same place, at the small of my back, for drawing by my left hand to keep both directions covered as well as o keep my legs free of straps, etc. for mobility reasons.

take a tip from Dr. Physics
Posted Image
Posted Image

A type of clip is attached to the gun itself so you just need a belt or pants to clip it onto.

Now you just need to work on your "Come hither" look.

#87559 Electronics + Nerf

Posted by Walter on 15 August 2006 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

Perhaps set up a series of contacts inside the clip at intervals that can tell how many darts are loaded based on how far the clip is pressed?

#86842 Longshot Mod

Posted by Walter on 08 August 2006 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

What's the rating on the added BBB spring? I'd like to have more than just this NF spring if it will help the power when it's cut down.

#86774 Longshot Mod

Posted by Walter on 08 August 2006 - 03:54 AM in Modifications

I added a spring to the longshot and cannot get it to stay cocked at all. Should I shorten the new spring, or remove the old one or dremel down the plunger rod catch?

The catch seems a little flimsy anyway, any ideas?

I am thinking your spring is too long. You definately need to shorten it. The reason it isn't catching is becuase the new spring is being coiled all the way but it is too long to catch. I hope that made sense. Just shorten the spring.

About the catch...Can't help you there.

It's actually shorter than the original spring, it's just that there's so much pressure now that I don't think the catch has any choice in the matter, it can't hold it cocked.

-----

I cut the spring to the nite finder length and it still won't cock. Now I will try using the original NF spring to supplement the LS.

-----

Seems to work out better. Ranges in about 12 hours

#86772 Longshot Mod

Posted by Walter on 08 August 2006 - 03:22 AM in Modifications

I added a spring to the longshot and cannot get it to stay cocked at all. Should I shorten the new spring, or remove the old one or dremel down the plunger rod catch?

The catch seems a little flimsy anyway, any ideas?

#86769 Finding Leaks

Posted by Walter on 08 August 2006 - 02:49 AM in General Nerf

Some of the toy stethescopes work well, despite usually being smaller for children. Same concept, if you want to look more official to go with you "Dr. Physics" lab coat (I'm looking for one).

#86768 Longshot Question

Posted by Walter on 08 August 2006 - 02:41 AM in Modifications

that is the faux rifling I had mentioned in another topic (in general nerf) and I believe it has no function, that wouldn't be arrived at with a loose fitting tube. The Dart may rub against this faux rifling, but if anything, this helps the dart fly straight once you have more power in it via modification.

#86210 Longshot In My Possession

Posted by Walter on 31 July 2006 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

There's fake rifling in the barrel? That may be one of the things that screw up the accuracy of the stock darts.

It's like rifling in a gun, but they're just straight lines, you can see them in the second and third thirds of the barrel (Assuming you count the removeable front as a third).

#86205 Longshot In My Possession

Posted by Walter on 31 July 2006 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

Walter - I noticed those stickers too, but didn't bother pulling them off. I belive Piney was right when he said they initially wanted sonic darts, but changed it before release. Funny thing is, though, my friend was playing with my LS, and he fired it at me from a decent distance, and since he had to aim around a railing to hit me, he continually missed me. One of them flew right by my ear, and the hole in the dart's tip caused a low whistling sound that you can only hear from close by.

I think they wanted them to make noise, but the noise just wasn't loud enough in their current configuration to really call them "sonic."

What does everyone (who's got one, stared at it, took it apart, etc) think of the faux rifling inside the barrel? I don't see any reason in making a barrel with that on the inside, except boredom.

#85904 Longshot In My Possession

Posted by Walter on 27 July 2006 - 11:38 PM in General Nerf

I purchased the Longshot (And almost a red or blue magstrike) at the WalMart in National City, CA. The Chula Vista one on Broadway doesn't have it in stock. Here is a link to a scan of the manual:
Posted Image

As you can see from part 8 of the assembly instructions, it was originally slated to come with sonic streamline darts; I removed the sticker by scratching it carefully with tweezers. There are five hastily removed mentions of Sonic in the manual. Bummer.

The stock darts seem to get remarkable distances angled, although the quality of the darts seem to be iffy. Fired flat it doesn't seem very impressive.

Inside the Secondary gun the air restrictor is very difficult to remove, similar to another gun, but I can't remember the name of it. Part of the Unity series.