NiteWalker's Content

There have been 198 items by NiteWalker (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#140242 The Vulcan

Posted by NiteWalker on 14 February 2008 - 05:05 PM in General Nerf

There aren't any obvious areas for wheels, from what I can see, and that is a good sign. Hopefully the box will prevent jams and the barrel seems long, which might be a sign that the darts can at least go through that at a decent speed.

#120498 A Singled Maverick Like No Other.

Posted by NiteWalker on 20 August 2007 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

If it's an adaptation of another gun, why'd you say it's like no other? Give the guy who made the original some credit. I hope the guy doesn't mind me posting a pic of his gun, so that everyone can see his first version:

Posted Image

#118147 Tagball

Posted by NiteWalker on 03 August 2007 - 10:50 AM in General Nerf

When I asked a french guy from Quebec if he knew what paintball was he linked me to a tagball arena. Doesn't seem like it has much potential.

I would like to note that those tagball arenas aren't those tagball guns. They are paintball guns modified to shoot rubber balls.

Back on topic, I think it would be better to just buy a NF or TTG or some other Nerf gun.

#117445 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by NiteWalker on 28 July 2007 - 04:05 PM in General Nerf

They finally released the Spiderman Dart Tag! Nice finds, the Spiderman guns don't look half bad. I hope they get to Canada soon I might have to get them. Are they spring-powered?

#117361 The Snap-turret

Posted by NiteWalker on 27 July 2007 - 04:10 PM in Homemades

At that size couldn't you add more barrels? Im sure you could at least squeeze 2-4 more barrels in there. Great job at making a locking mechanism for the turret. That was always the weakpoint of homemade turrets and lowered the potential ROF, but this solves it.

#116929 Dtb Ar Removal Question

Posted by NiteWalker on 23 July 2007 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

I sure hope that you won't charge your friend more for just an AR removal because a 9 year old could do that. In my opinion, just removing ARs on a gun is a waste of time because it won't get that much better ranges and make it louder. Replace the barrels, add a better spring, make a better seal just do something else to it.

#115903 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by NiteWalker on 15 July 2007 - 06:49 PM in Homemades

Is this gun really mass produceable? Meaning, is it not too hard to construct? If so, I would be interested in building one, because it is really starting to look nice. The only issue I have with mags is the fact that it is hard to carry extra ones because the darts just fall out since nothing is keeping them in.

#115891 A Homemade Turret

Posted by NiteWalker on 15 July 2007 - 04:47 PM in Homemades

Another suggestion: make it so that the top barrel on your gun is under that barrel that shoots. I would think it would be easier to aim and I find it would look better. Any reason you placed it like you did?

#115807 A New Ls Modification.

Posted by NiteWalker on 14 July 2007 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

Couldn't he just connect the triggers and use it like the side-arm integration? Meaning, prime the Longshot only, fire and only the dart from the LS will come out? Or, prime the DTG and not the LS and pull the trigger so that only the DTG fires? Then again, the pull-back of the DTG trigger is longer than that of the LS.

Also, DTG barrel replacements are only worth it if you add a stronger spring.

#115146 Dtg/at3k Write-up

Posted by NiteWalker on 09 July 2007 - 02:53 PM in Modifications

The AR's are removed, but the pieces that connect to the turret are still in place. The popsticle trigger configuration is fine and there are no signs of it breaking. I probably will brass it soon, but it will take a lot of brass, so the clip version is fine for me now. Here is a link on how to do it: DTG Clip. The clip mod can be improved however and I encourage people to look into it. Oh yeah, General Cole, 2k's aren't really available in Canada but my TRU has plenty of 3k's in stock.

#114885 Poll: Do You Cuss?

Posted by NiteWalker on 07 July 2007 - 09:53 AM in Off Topic

Cussing, cursing, swearing, using profanity: All I have to say is why the hell not.

Because every time you do God kills a kitten.

Shut up man, we all have our own beliefs. Anyway, I am one of those rare people that don't "cuss" on the forums. I just don't ever feel the need to since I don't usually joke around and I hardly ever get involved in arguments.

#114820 Dtg/at3k Write-up

Posted by NiteWalker on 06 July 2007 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

Well, I figured since Carrtoon didn't exactly have a write-up for this and there are lots of new people out there, I might as well do one.

Introduction:

Carrtoon gets all the credit for the making of the DTG/At3k or 2k. I decided to recreate his mod for myself because it is so awesome. Here's a link to his original thread: LINK. I recently had to open my DTG up again and I figured: Why not make a write-up? So here it is:

Step 1: Open up your DTG and take out the plunger and catch so it looks like this:

Posted Image

Step 2: You will have to dremel the inside so that your airtank can squeeze into there. Here is approx. where you should cut:

Posted Image

Another pic:

Posted Image

Step 3: I am assuming you have your airtank and pump out like this already:

Posted Image

a) Cut off the small ring attached on the plunger that allows a seal between the plunger and the turret and glue it on the nub on your air tank:

Posted Image

b ) MAKE SURE YOU KNOW HOW TO SEAL THE TUBING OF THE PUMP TO THE AIRTANK BEFORE FITTING IT IN THE DTG!

Step 4: DO NOT CONNECT THE TUBING TO THE AIRTANK YET. Pass the tubing through the hole* that you made and then connect it to the airtank. Place the airtank in there and make sure it is a good fit and the black seal piece is pressed against the turret, then glue it in there to make sure it doesn't move around:

Posted Image

Step 5: Drill a small hole in a popsicle stick or anything stick-like and use some strong glue to connect it to the trigger like so:

Posted Image

Step 6: You are almost done now, but here comes maybe the trickiest spot. You have to connect the trigger to the firing pin of your airtank. I cannot really explain how to do it, but I will just say to use strong wire or something, so that you don't have to re-open it every so often. Also, DO NOT make the wire too tight or the air tank will fire before the turret has turned:

Here's how I did it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Step 7: Close the gun up, put the screws back in place, and put the pump anywhere you want. I would recommend somewhere secure, unlike the people who have their pumps sticking out of the back of their guns...:

Posted Image

Step 8: Now, you can add anything you want to the gun. I added a DTG mag holder, a foregrip and a stock:

Posted Image

* The hole:
Posted Image

Stats:
RoF: What you would expect in an at3k except with 4 mroe shots.
Accuracy: How do you measure accuracy? It can hit it's targets fine.
Range: Around 60-65 ft. Measured with taggers and the stock barrels.
Other: People might like this integration because it's clean (unless you add on a ton of stuff like me).

Questions, comments or criticism? Tell me!

#114145 Games Consoles Poll

Posted by NiteWalker on 02 July 2007 - 01:38 PM in Off Topic

Im hesitating between the Wii and the Xbox 360. The Wii's remote controllers are awesome and it is really fun to play despite the lack in graphics. Although there aren't too many good games on it, Resident Evil was rated high along with Zelda. I'm still waiting for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The Xbox360 has Xbox Live and has great games, not to mention Halo 3 is coming out. The graphics are excellent too. I personally despise the PS3 because of it's high cost and it does sometimes overheat. I also like the Xbox and Wii controllers a lot better.

#113829 The Bbb

Posted by NiteWalker on 29 June 2007 - 11:02 PM in Modifications

It shouldn't be too long. Some people have stocks AND super long barrels on their guns, making them even longer. It's cool except the stock looks crooked. I think all the n00bs think that write-ups are a way to get a good reputation, but it isn't unless you have something unique and useful with detailed instructions and pictures.

#113538 Happy Birthday, Stefan!

Posted by NiteWalker on 28 June 2007 - 02:41 PM in Off Topic

You should be smart enough to know that even if it is Stefan Mohr, he doesn't actually visit the forums anymore (to my knowledge anyway), so saying happy birthday is a little useless...

#113415 Bbb/at2k Integration

Posted by NiteWalker on 27 June 2007 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

How come not a single friggin' person seems to be able to write write-up??? And I think this counts as some kind of contribution because different mods inspire people to either copy or improve their designs. Also, you don't need a write-up for everything that you make. Your BBB is cool, except the at2k barrel looks a little long. You should remove some of the e-tape to make the gun look cleaner, but other than that, your gun is pretty good.

#113283 Longshot Sopmod

Posted by NiteWalker on 27 June 2007 - 09:57 AM in Modifications

The confusion in this thread is what everyone thinks a "foregrip" is. If all you want to do is advance the bolt, then it is possible, but what's the point? I think Badger was saying a shotgun foregrip wouldn't be possible.

#112553 Bullets For Kids

Posted by NiteWalker on 22 June 2007 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

So, the darts are basically a piece of FBR wrapped in e-tape? Accuracy must be bad.

#111875 Secret Strike

Posted by NiteWalker on 18 June 2007 - 02:42 PM in Modifications

No offence to you in particular, but what's with all the "writeups" in the forum these days? Most of them have no pictures and without them, they are useless. And you guessed 57' flat? Anyway, look at FA24's writeups or Carrtoons for examples on what a writeup SHOULD be. Have a good day and keep on nerfing.

#111484 Mping V2

Posted by NiteWalker on 15 June 2007 - 05:23 PM in Homemades

Look, we don't need a "noob" fight here saying "my gun's better than yours". There is nothing worth fighting over. It's not like someone just invented some new SCAR-N. You guys are arguing over two hose handle gun things. Besides, who cares about ranges? Most of you measure them angled anyway.

#111410 My "lemon Squeezer"

Posted by NiteWalker on 15 June 2007 - 12:52 PM in Modifications

VERY cool. Can't wait to try one of these out in the next war. I mean, someone could have a whole ammo belt full of these...

Yeah, I can just imagine someone like the guy in the Nerf cartoon Paranoia. It'd be funny to actually see how well the strategy works.

#111407 Iphone!

Posted by NiteWalker on 15 June 2007 - 12:33 PM in Off Topic

The iPhone is way too expensive. I don't think it will sell much because of that. It's like the PS3, I don't know that many people who have because of the high cost. I mean, for $600, you could get an Archos 604 (or even 704) WiFi and still get a Razr. I'll admit, I kinda hate Apple, but it still a bad product. Imagine having to press on your screen to call a phone number.

#111247 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by NiteWalker on 14 June 2007 - 04:47 PM in General Nerf

Wow, I thought I was the only one to break most of my guns.

I have:
1) Scout with integrated TTG
2) At3k (singled)
3) A Titan air tank that I can put on a nerf gun
4) A DTG
5) A DTG with an integrated at3k

What I broke:
1) Hornet
2) The casing of my titan
3) 2 at3k's
4) Scout
5) BBB
6) NF
7) Magstrike
8) Mech 3 (who cares)

It depresses me to know how many guns I broke.

#111060 Clipped Maverick

Posted by NiteWalker on 13 June 2007 - 01:25 PM in Modifications

Is the clip removeable? Anyway, your breech looks like it could jam pretty easily. I'm not inclined to believe 50 ft. even for a clipped mav (unless you measure your ranges angled). The spring is weak and the barrel on your gun is long for a mav. Nice job on getting a clip on a pistol that works flawlessly (I assume) though.

#109734 Transformers Guns.

Posted by NiteWalker on 06 June 2007 - 03:41 PM in General Nerf

That's probably 'cause it cost $40 in Canada. I don't really see why though, the Canadian dollar is almost worth as the U.S one now. Anyway, hopefully the Spider man guns will come out soon. The dart tag blasters looked interesting at least.

#109403 Wldworld's Nerf Resignation

Posted by NiteWalker on 04 June 2007 - 04:47 PM in Off Topic

I don't understand, why does every person who "leaves" have to make an official thread about it? Not that I don't care about your departure... I just don't see the point. Anyways, good bye!

#108027 Pirates Of The Caribbean 3

Posted by NiteWalker on 28 May 2007 - 08:12 PM in Off Topic

Meh, the third was a little too complicated. I can only remember some memorable quotes such as: "How's mum?". The end-battle sequence was cool although I thought it would be a battle not a duel. I am also not quite fond of the ending, but I had pretty much predicted it. I think that it was probably one of the funniest of the trilogy, but it sometimes created unecessary confusion. And, as always, the special effects are top-notch.

#106902 Clip Tek

Posted by NiteWalker on 21 May 2007 - 12:42 PM in General Nerf

The thing is probably just as big as a DTG... Not worth it. Buzzbee's toys are cheap and usually break a lot sooner than Nerf guns. The other complaint I have would be that the gun only comes with 1 clip. I wouldn't be willing to buy two just to get another clip. If I did use it as a sidearm though, I would cut off as much of the gun as I could to minimize it.

#105130 Mp3 Players/pmp/cd Player Etc.

Posted by NiteWalker on 12 May 2007 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

One of the main reasons I am starting this thread is because I want to know if almost everyone here has iPods. The other reason is that I want to see which non-iPod players are popular. I really hate it when people call my MP3 player an "iPod". I personally don't see why they are so great and I want different opinions to that.

I have an iRiver Clix 1st gen. It is great for me because I don't need that much space for my music and videos. The D-Click system is also a nice change to the usual buttons or click-wheel. I like the custom EQ setting possibility and it has great sound. What music player do you have?

#103803 Is It Possible To Make A Scout-finder?

Posted by NiteWalker on 03 May 2007 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

You might think I integrated an NF into the Scout, but I just added the NF cocking piece because it is smaller and more comfortable than the huge TTG one.

Posted Image

Should give you an idea on how much I had to cut.

Ranges: The same as any brassed TTG

#103759 Is It Possible To Make A Scout-finder?

Posted by NiteWalker on 03 May 2007 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

Well, I made a Scout/TTG, I could post pictures if you want. I really like the look of the scout and it's feel, so I decided to integrate a TTG that had it's shell hacked up into it. It's my sidearm now. I obviously had to cut parts of the body off, but the slider thing covers that.

#103187 Your Weapon Setup.

Posted by NiteWalker on 30 April 2007 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

Wow, some of you use way too much guns at once. I usually use either an At3k or a Dtg/At3k and a scout/ttg. I integrated a TTG into my scout because I love the feel of that pistol. And why would someone use a single titan as their primary?

#103048 Star Wars Dart Shooters

Posted by NiteWalker on 29 April 2007 - 07:16 PM in Modifications

If you could get a plunger that long, it woud be amazing! Or you could integrate an at2k into it and be able to hide the super long barrel which usually ruins the clean look of a gun. I might get one if I see it.

#103033 Sweet Dart Tag Gun

Posted by NiteWalker on 29 April 2007 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

The turret turns automatically still because I stuck part of a coathanger in a hole on the trigger and wrapped the other end around the thing that rotates the turret. I'll post pictures soon.

I don't understand that part, you could have just left the original rotating mech in place... Anyway, I don't believe you got 90 ft. Flat with the stock turret and seal because Carrtoon only got that with a barrel replacement. And what is that weird pin thing sticking out of the top of the gun? Is the pump solid on there, because it seems like it could fall off. Last of all, it seems an uncomfortable spot to pump... I placed my pump at the same spot Carrtoon put his. Overall, it's a good gun. I would really recommend doing something like this because it's a 10 shot at3k/at2k in a smaller package that you can clip mod.

#102825 Idea: Magazine-fed Nf

Posted by NiteWalker on 28 April 2007 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

He wants an NF that can shoot multiple shots without having to actually touch a bolt or push down a clip. I think the closest thing you could get to that is something like THIS It's my NF clip inspired by Carrtoon. The ranges aren't too great, but I didn't have a good o-ring and I didn't have a good seal between my barrels. I may actually try this again.

#101991 Dtg Clip

Posted by NiteWalker on 09 April 2007 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

A warning: don't brass stock DTGs unless you replace the spring. The DTG doesn't have enough power to launch the darts out for some reason or the spring seal thing isn't good enough. I have 2 clips for my DTGs because I only use one at a time and both of them have the same clip mod done to them. I may just brass my blue DTG/At3k however, so that I can have the two clips for my stock DTG. I may post a vid later.

#101986 Dtg Clip

Posted by NiteWalker on 09 April 2007 - 12:27 PM in Modifications

OK, so I'm sure many people would like to have a DTG Clip that can go out of the gun. I have found a simple, basic way to do this. If you have a DTG, you know that the ARs snap on to the base of the turret. I just simply glued the ARs to the barrels on the turrets. After, I cut and sanded the front of the DTG to allow the upper part of the turret to be taken out. So, basically, the ARs are holding the DTG clip on the base of the turret and since the turret isn't screwed together, you can take it off. There seems to be a minimal range decrease of maybe 1 ft. in my stock DTG. The only problem is you can't knock the DTG too hard or else the clip might fall off. I will have pictures up a little later.

Edit- Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#101574 Humpty Dumpty

Posted by NiteWalker on 30 March 2007 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

That's a cool idea, but I would personally rather have 6 semi-auto shots for my type of gameplay, but that's just me. Your first hornet was cool and it's too bad it broke. Mine started to leak after a while. I'd like to have a hornet with some type of "clip" where all the barrels have some kind of coupler at then end and they are all attached together so you could pull them all off at once. Then, you could make a couple of recharge "clips" and since you can squeeze 60 shots out of it, you'd have a monster. Looks like you could also double wield two of them. Good luck getting another one, it's hard to find working ones.

#101486 Spider Man 3 Nerf

Posted by NiteWalker on 27 March 2007 - 07:49 PM in General Nerf

Why don't you just take off the foot stomper instead of making it a pump? If someone gets it, I'd like to see the internal pics and if the plunger is big enough, I might get it. It's an interesting gun, but I'd rather get the Spiderman Dart Tag which is supposed to get 40 ft. stock.

#101363 Spider Man 3 Nerf

Posted by NiteWalker on 24 March 2007 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone noticed that Spider Man now has lots of nerf toys? Ii was just wondering this because I went to a TRU today and saw this big Nerf pump-action Spiderman gun. It has 8 rotating barrels and shoots something close to mega suction darts. It is big and has one of those foot missile launcher sthat you have to press on for it to launch. This is connected on the top and can come off when you want it. You don't have to pull that far back, and I don't think is has that much power, but since it shoots megas, maybe they added a bit of extra kick. Im sorry I couldn't take pics, but I didn't have a camera with me. Has anyone else seen this gun?

Found it- http://www.target.co...asin=B000MKGOWG