CrackerJak's Content

There have been 25 items by CrackerJak (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#248620 What Are Up With My Nf's Ranges?

Posted by CrackerJak on 26 August 2009 - 02:42 AM in Modifications

CrakerJack: Does it make a difference when you lube it?

Not really, it helps a little, but if the o - ring is too big, it will have trouble moving down the plunger tube. I recommend keeping the original o -ring, but put some e-tape under it but not too much.

#248590 What Are Up With My Nf's Ranges?

Posted by CrackerJak on 25 August 2009 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

Your o- ring might be too tight. If the o- ring is too tight, then the ranges will be greatly decreased because the plunger won't move down the plunger tube as fast.

#245409 New Menu Item At Mcdonalds

Posted by CrackerJak on 04 August 2009 - 03:39 AM in Off Topic

Sounds like a wrestling move rather than a menu item.

What kind of wrestling do you watch?

#242343 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CrackerJak on 16 July 2009 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

My NiteManta:

Posted Image

#242203 Small Question

Posted by CrackerJak on 16 July 2009 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

I personally prefer to buy my cpvc at Menard's. They always have tons of the stuff. If you are near a Menard's, I recommend going there first.

#240920 I Call It... The Predator.

Posted by CrackerJak on 08 July 2009 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

That is one of the most beautiful things that I have ever seen. Excellent idea putting the lsfg on the titan like that. It makes it look so much cooler.

#240479 Big Bad Bow Mod

Posted by CrackerJak on 06 July 2009 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

That is not a new mod for the BBB. It has been done many times before.

#237143 Ls Clip

Posted by CrackerJak on 18 June 2009 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

Why would you need to completely open it up anyway? If you are trying to remove the internal parts, you can do the by just unscrewing the gun and gently pulling them out. When I made my super clip, I didn't have to open the clip entirely and it turned out great.

#235917 Dart Problem

Posted by CrackerJak on 12 June 2009 - 09:26 PM in General Nerf

What size cpvc would you recommend? What's the difference? I know that standard and schedule 40 pvc is plain white, or slightly off white.

1/2 inch CPVC. This is what I use for my nitefinders since I don't have any PETG. I use the same foam as you as well. The caulksaver foam in 1/2 inch CPVC is perfect. It is really tight in the barrel and gives me excellent ranges. I just CPVC'd a nitefinder a few days ago. I added an O-Ring and have only the original spring in it. I am getting 52 - 58ft. flat.

#235706 Ultra Dumb Ls. Halp!

Posted by CrackerJak on 11 June 2009 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

You also might want to re- lubricate everything.

#235510 What Screwdrivers Do You Use?

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 June 2009 - 07:44 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

I got these at Menard's for $4.99. They are amazing! They are Olympia Screwdrivers and are perfect for Nerf guns. I highly recomend these.

#235112 Sawn Off Ds

Posted by CrackerJak on 08 June 2009 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

I just did this mod today. I also recomend drilling out the air restrictors in the shells. This will give you an extra 3ft.

#235111 Performance Differences In Variants (color, Etc.) Of The Same Gun

Posted by CrackerJak on 08 June 2009 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

You forgot the grey/green nitefinder and the blue titan.

#234401 Highcap Help

Posted by CrackerJak on 05 June 2009 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

The clip is probably not what is causing your problems. I suggest taking out the internals, check them for cracks or any abnormalities, and then make sure that they are put back correctly into the gun by using the modifications internals directory.

#232498 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CrackerJak on 25 May 2009 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

CPVC barrel modded Big Salvo.
Flat Ranges (30 pumps):
Tagger or screamer: 65-70
Streamline or top removed tagger: 70-80
Stefans: 70+

#232291 Cpvced Tek Six

Posted by CrackerJak on 24 May 2009 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

What are the lenghts of the cpvc barrels? I'm currently doing this mod and I would like to know.

#232146 Singled Longshot Help

Posted by CrackerJak on 23 May 2009 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

You need to lubricate the o-ring, spring and plunger tube. This drastically increases ranges. Use silicone lubricant.

#230406 New Stefans

Posted by CrackerJak on 15 May 2009 - 03:41 PM in Homemades

I wanted to make some stefans but I couldn't get any BBs. However I did have some steel washers like the ones used for Captain Slug's stefans but no felt discs. So, I invented a new stefan where you hotglue the washer to one end of the stefan and then put a dome of hot glue over it for safety. Make sure that the hot glue doesn't drip over the ends or it will be a pain in the you-know-where to load your darts.

You did not invent these. People have been making these for a long time. They are all over youtube.

#229407 Longshot Problems

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 May 2009 - 04:37 PM in Modifications

Did you lube it?

No. does that really change the overall performance? If this is a stupid question, I'm sorry. I'm pretty new to modding and this is my first big mod.

Yes, it has a large impact on the performance, use silicon lube or something else suggested in the Plastic Safe Lubricants Thread.

Thanks.

#229374 Longshot Problems

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 May 2009 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

Did you lube it?

No. does that really change the overall performance? If this is a stupid question, I'm sorry. I'm pretty new to modding and this is my first big mod.

#229372 Longshot Problems

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 May 2009 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Did you forget the o-ring? Pics would be nice.

There isn't really anything to show. I do have the o-ring in.

#229361 Longshot Problems

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 May 2009 - 01:16 PM in Modifications

How did you mod it, doing what to it?

I completely took out the air restrictor, but I left the dart tooth, I reinforced the catch, added a nf spring, and integrated the front gun to it. that's about it.

#229357 Longshot Problems

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 May 2009 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

I have just recently modded my longshot. I added a front gun integration, ar removal, and a nitefinder spring. For some reason, the main gun isn't firing well at all. It is going maybe 25 feet. I have no idea what the problem is. Can somebody please help me????

#229302 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CrackerJak on 10 May 2009 - 01:14 AM in Modifications

My first longshot integration. :P

Posted Image

Works really great, but hard to prime. Probably, because I added a nitefinder spring to it.

#228178 Bbb Question

Posted by CrackerJak on 04 May 2009 - 08:34 PM in Modifications

If you cpvc modded it, you can stick a coupler on the end of it. Just put the arrow on the coupler and shoot. Just make sure that your barrel isn't too long or the arrow won't go too far.