Wild Boys's Content

There have been 26 items by Wild Boys (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#99948 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Wild Boys on 17 February 2007 - 01:26 PM in Modifications

Well, I did a big paintjob on a Small Soldiers 500 I had before returning it to the original owner. The is no barrel on it at the time the pictures were took. However it'll probably be something like a brass barrel that would go on it which is nested in the painted piece of CPVC you can see. I'll leave it to the original owner to decide that.

Anyway, before I gave it back I took some pictures of the paintjob I did. It is gold and silver laquer spray mixed in.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Enjoy. This was my first paintjob on a Nerf gun by the way believe it or not.

#98308 Magstrike Twin Packs Confirmed

Posted by Wild Boys on 15 January 2007 - 09:26 AM in General Nerf

Please forgive me if there was already something like this, although I'm pretty sure there wasn't.

First off, if anyone remembers that Crossfire twin pack topic I did, well, then picture that only with Magstrikes.

I think I remember someone earlier on last year when Magstrikes were out saying that they saw a twin pack of Magstrikes in a store like Walmart or something, but we never got any pictures to prove it was true. That is, until now. Also, this isn't to do with the other similar thing posted a bit ago when Walmart had 2 Magstrikes and 2 Firestrike sets available online at $50.

Anyway, since I'm from the UK, I purchased two Magstrikes off eBay (one red one blue), from someone called dartseller (a very good seller who I have purchased a lot of Nerf stuff from in the past). When getting these, I thought I was just going to get two boxes separate for each one. However, when I got home early from school (I had exams), and saw a large long package waiting for me, in which I knew it was these, it made me wonder if they were sent separate, as it didn't look long enough for them to be together flat.

However, when I opened the box, I was pleasantly surprised to see a Magstrike Twin Pack, something that I'd never seen before, on here and eBay. Reminded me right away of the Twin Pack Crossfire, only not bought from a store this time.

And now, as always, pictures to prove this.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As for price, well I can't give a proper figure since I got it off eBay and payed a lot more, but for a guess I'm betting that wherever in the US sells these packs it must be around $45 or something, it seems reasonable to me.

Hope you enjoyed.

Now, time for me to get blastin!

#96339 The New Yellow Sspb

Posted by Wild Boys on 12 December 2006 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

We'll soon find out once I receive mine (the picture is from an eBay auction from which I purchased it). I seriously hope it doesn't break though.

#96330 The New Yellow Sspb

Posted by Wild Boys on 12 December 2006 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

Well, look at this.

Posted Image

First a yellow Nitefinder, next a yellow Maverick, then a yellow Firefly, and now, a yellow Secret Strike Pocket Blaster!

Hasbro have gone even more yellow on us! I personally like the colour scheme though.

What next...

#96130 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Wild Boys on 08 December 2006 - 06:49 PM in Modifications

Well, my first mod, pretty basic, but I'm happy with how it turned out, my new SuperMAXX 5000 pretty much does its job for me now.

Posted Image

#95876 Yellow Firefly Now Available Online

Posted by Wild Boys on 04 December 2006 - 07:25 AM in General Nerf

After a random Nerf Google search I have now found out that the yellow Firefly's are now available online at eToys and K.B.Toys priced at $21.99.

K.B.Toys Yellow Firefly

eToys Yellow Firefly

Just a heads up, looks like they will be more widespread soon.

#95730 Christmas List 2006

Posted by Wild Boys on 02 December 2006 - 08:45 AM in Off Topic

1. Widescreen TV for my room
2. More Oasis CD's to finsh my collection off
3. Lots of snow!
4. Cash
5. Having a good time with family and friends

I think that's just about it, might be a bit more, but this is most of what I would like.

#89103 School

Posted by Wild Boys on 05 September 2006 - 03:03 PM in Off Topic

Dam, my 14 week long Summer break flew by!

I started again today. 6th Form (carrying on in school to get advanced qualifications) for 2 years. I get the day off tomorrow though because since more people applied and got into 6th form all of our timetables couldn't get completed today, so tomorrow off, and another lay in! :)

These next 2 years I need to get on with it and do well, I have done all through these years, I want to get better or at least keep things up doing good.

I also have a few other things up my sleeve I need to do. A new era has begun for me kinda.

#87114 Crossfire Twin Packs In The Uk

Posted by Wild Boys on 11 August 2006 - 06:05 AM in General Nerf

Wow did you even read the first post of the topic?

#87111 Crossfire Twin Packs In The Uk

Posted by Wild Boys on 11 August 2006 - 05:16 AM in General Nerf

There are also TJ Maxx stores over here in the UK too, although the one that's in town near was pretty crap last time, I should go there again and see if there is anything, as its been awhile since I last went there.

Both T.K.Maxx and TJ Maxx are pretty much the same over here. Both selling a range of stuff like clothes (mostly), toys and other bits of houseware like pans .etc. for slightly cheaper prices.

My T.K.Maxx is also the only place that stocks Crossfires out of every other place in my area. Yes, the UK is pretty crap for Nerf guns and Super Soakers now, although it never used to be, I don't know what's happened. Even the biggest places like Toys'R'Us and others in my area are getting beaten by smaller stores that focus on toys less like T.K.Maxx and Tesco (supermarket) for Nerf and Super Soaker .etc. Its pretty crazy over here.

#86799 Crossfire Twin Packs In The Uk

Posted by Wild Boys on 08 August 2006 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

Thanks nerfer34! What you said is exactly what I am doing. Although since I have no brothers and sisters I'm just gonna go one on one with my mate when he gets back off vacation. :(

#86796 Crossfire Twin Packs In The Uk

Posted by Wild Boys on 08 August 2006 - 01:11 PM in General Nerf

Well yesterday my Dad went to T.K.MAXX (a store that sells stuff for cheaper likie clothes and toys) since my Mum wanted something from there. I didn't go though.

When he got back he told me he saw a Nerf gun in there and said it was some sort of Tag gun thing. I immediately thought "Dart Tag!" He thought I wouldn't be interested but I was. From his description it sounded like a Crossfire, and today when my Dad went and got me it, it did turn out to be a Crossfire, but, not how I expected it to be.

I thought it was just going to be a pack of one gun, but, when my Dad got home and showed me it was a twin pack of Crossfires! So I got both colours. I had never seen anything like this before, all the ones I have seen on the net are all single pack ones where you only get one gun, but not this one. It was pretty good and suprising how it was in the UK too, where there is barely any Nerf guns, especially Dart Tag.

Anyway, they are great guns!

Now I ask has anyone ever seen this twin pack of Crossfires over in the US? It looks like something I haven't seen before in a Crossfire box, the only other thing I saw with Crossfires which is closest to this is the Dart Tag Firestrike/Crossfire set that's available from various places in the US.

Anyway, here are the pictures to prove that I am not lying or bulls#!tting.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are now 3 of them left in the store, and they cost £12.99/$25.

Rather suprising for the UK, if there is a T.K.MAXX near you then you might want to check, although stocks per store may vary.

#86697 If You Could Bring Back Any Nerf Gun

Posted by Wild Boys on 07 August 2006 - 01:55 PM in General Nerf

I'd have to say the BlastFire. Since they rereleased the RF20 which is similar to the BlastFire in a way, who knows what could happen. Hopefully.

The other gun I wanted rereleasing is a year over the 6 year mark in this topic, so that doesn't count.

#86614 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Wild Boys on 06 August 2006 - 05:38 AM in General Nerf

Don't know if these arrows will help. As they aren't the arrow pictures list. Oh well here goes.

Posted Image
Short Arrow Red with Black (Twisted) Fins

Posted Image
Long Arrow Yellow with Blue (Straight) Fins

Posted Image
Hydro Torpedo

I should also be receiving a SuperMAXX 750 (Old Edition) soon. Its getting to around the time for when it should be arriving, so hopefully this week, then I'll take a picture of that too.

Hope this helps.

#86334 Favorite Music Style -poll-

Posted by Wild Boys on 02 August 2006 - 04:28 PM in Off Topic

I listen to mostly rock. I have a fair few bands I could list but I'll just cut to my favourites being Bon Jovi and Oasis.

#85859 Do You Remember?

Posted by Wild Boys on 27 July 2006 - 10:43 AM in General Nerf

I'm probably one of the latest people to start Nerf sadly. It started in August last year when I decided to to take up Nerfing seriously for something to do in the cold months. So, I won a NIB Lock'N'Load and Secret Shot II off eBay. The Secret Shot II was faulty but the Lock'N'Load was fun. Sadly then I sort of drifted off until near mid this year when my mate got a Maverick and we started using it, I got hooked again and I am now getting more guns and plan to take it more seriously and not drift off again.

If only I started sooner. B)

#85784 Where Do You Nerf?

Posted by Wild Boys on 26 July 2006 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

I usually Nerf indoors and in very small outdoor areas.

This may change soon though, as my local LakeSide Village shopping outlet is the perfect place to have a Nerf gun war, and hopefully if I get enough people to Nerf then this could be the place to do it. Most of it shuts at around 7pm and then its empty almost. Its a certainly a good place, all I need is to get a few things cleared up first.

Anyway, pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are only a few pictures of the place, I have loads more to put up soon when I transfer them.

#85692 Yet Another Longshot Topic

Posted by Wild Boys on 25 July 2006 - 07:38 AM in General Nerf

Nice finds! I think I might order the LongShot from that store. Even though I'm paying more for it, it doesn't make much of a difference, as I doubt it'll be available in the UK anyway and even if it was the total cost for it if I order it from would probably be the same as how much it would cost in a store over here (£30-35/$60-70). Now all I gotta do is persuade my Dad so I can use his card! :huh:

EDIT: Dam! They don't accept interntional credit cards! I guess I'll have to find another way, or somewhere else to get it now. :(

#85543 Razor Zing Shot

Posted by Wild Boys on 23 July 2006 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

The big moment is here, I have the video of it firing. I took two videos, the first one wasn't as good, as the ring went a bit low, but still went pretty far. The second video is much better, and shows its range more, the ring from where it was fired almost hit my old conservatory window (which it has done before).

Anyway, here they are.

Video 1
http://s4.photobucke...nt=MVI_2550.flv

Video 2
http://s4.photobucke...nt=MVI_2551.flv

Enjoy! :P

#85535 Razor Zing Shot

Posted by Wild Boys on 23 July 2006 - 05:01 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I am the first kid on my block to get one of these. I'm not sure if anyone else will, I'm just happy I got one.

As for holding and using it. You basically use your left hand to pull and then twist on the blue thin plastic semi circle which is behind where the ring is stored, while your use your right hand to hold the handle. I'll see if I can get a picture of this.

The gun doesn't use rubber bands, it uses these two stretchy tubes that are elastic/rubber band like. Although from that site it looks like you could probably mod it to shoot further with rubber bands or something.

The weather is looking good at the moment, so if I have time, I'll get a video in to show.

:P

#85509 Razor Zing Shot

Posted by Wild Boys on 22 July 2006 - 03:07 PM in General Nerf

Ok, I saw something on the internet about this gun from NerfPalace. I found and read stats on this gun a while ago, and realised they were at my local Toys'R'Us store a few months ago. After reading about this thing I was amazed. I went today and yes they still had two left, and at only £4.99 - $9.99 I couldn't resist buying one. Here is where you can read about it.

So, what is this gun? Well, its basically a Kossh Vortex and Ultimator cross. It is made by a company called Razor. It has superb range and pretty good accuracy. The rings that come with the gun, called "Zing Rings" are basically a massive version of Koosh Vortex rings made of of foam with a bit of green plastic on the end. These are actually very accurate like said before, and go very far.

Its got a pretty nice colour too of yellow and green with a bit of dark blue at the back, and looks and is very simple. The front of the gun is mostly hard foam and at the back is solid plastic.

Using this gun is pretty easy, you load the ring in to the green bit of solid foam, pull back the blue handle and twist it a bit at the end, then you let go, and whoosh! Surprisngly, thanks to the streamlined "Zing Rings" the accuracy of this gun is very good, and the range literally is 120ft or more! And that's flat!

My overall view of this gun is very positive. Its Rate Of Fire is pretty poor and the gun itself is still pretty impractical for a war, but the fact of the matter is this is one of the funnest and cheapest things to use and have fun with. Its so simply built and will last a while. For £4.99 - $9.99 this is totally worth your money. If you see one, buy it! Me and my mate had laods of fun with it. Its basically a cheaper version of the Ultimator. Supposedly giving out better performance stats. However, this can't really be verified until my Ultimator comes, although it looks like the Zing Shot does perform better, is more practical and easy to use. All in all they are probably both fun though in their own right!

Now here are some pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Right, now a fair few people may have seen this before, or think some of the stuff I'm saying is bulls#!t, and that's fine, as in some cases I've not really proved how good this is. Tomorrow, when the weather is better (its raining badly now), I am going to do a video of this and measure its range accurately to give you a better idea.

I'll report more later.

#85034 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Wild Boys on 14 July 2006 - 03:28 PM in General Nerf

I should be able to get a few box pictures, I have boxes for the Ripsaw, Manta Ray, Rapid Fire 20, SuperMAXX 350 Dart Blaster, Unity Power System and an old box picture of the Lock'N'Load I once had before I sold it. I will also be receiving a new in box Vortex Tornado so I could provide detailed pictures of the box for that before I open the gun.

Since I have a fair few guns at present and on their way here, I could take detailed pictures of those too. I hopefully if all goes well, should be getting a SuperMAXX 2000, and once I glue the arrow holder thing back on it will be complete, and since these aren't too common perhaps I could provide images of that if you want.

Also, perhaps pictures of every type of Nerf gun ammo and colour vareity in as much detail all in one too. I have a fair few different types of ammo and colour, although I know many other people do as well, and probably have more than I do, but still.

#84974 Magstrike Or Longshot?

Posted by Wild Boys on 13 July 2006 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

I'm looking forward to both, the Magstrike is the answer to the problems I had with my PowerClip (which I am selling to someone) due to the fact that the clips are easily removable to put another fully fresh dart loaded one on. As for the LongShot, well, it will be a whole new gun to add to my arsenal which is different from the others I have, everything about it makes me want one. I can't wait, this fall will be so much fun indoors for me in the UK, I have something to keep me going until summer comes again for Super Soakers! B)

#84452 Behold!

Posted by Wild Boys on 06 July 2006 - 03:21 PM in General Nerf

This sounds great! Just in time with my Birthday, perhaps I should order one online with some of my Birthday money, I'll think about it.

The removable clips and hot red colour have made me want to buy it most! :blink:

#84433 Your Armory

Posted by Wild Boys on 06 July 2006 - 08:49 AM in General Nerf

Well since its my Birthday today I decided to post pictures of my very small armoury at the moment. I also opened one of my NIB Crossbows today and I really like it.

Anyway, my armoury includes:

Crossbow
SuperMAXX 350 Dart Blaster
WildFire

Its probably one of if not the smallest armoury here, but I am happy with it so far.
I am getting more good blasters soon, so I'll update next month with hopefully a bigger armoury. :blink:

Anyway here are the pictures I took today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

B)

#83450 What Is Nerf To You?

Posted by Wild Boys on 19 June 2006 - 06:12 AM in General Nerf

NERF is something to do for me in my spare time, although in some ways its like a second hobby to me behind Super Soakers. It sort of bonds in between everything I like doing in my personal life.