cheerios's Content

There have been 224 items by cheerios (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356570 Jet Blaster Mod Reviewer Convention In Singapore.

Posted by cheerios on 02 November 2016 - 09:38 AM in General Nerf

Two points, I don't want to get shot and it's too expensive.

• Offer colors that wont get me shot by an officer thinking I have an assault rifle (Blue, red, yellow, pink, purple, neon green, orange).
  • Something in all carbon fiber or black will end up with me on the news looking like swiss cheese.
  • Supply orange tips for barrels, at that price point its not hard to throw that safety feature in.

Also, if I can do the same thing for 1/3 the price it's not really viable. A SNAP and hopper combo is maybe $50 at the most, versus $210 for a kit that doesn't even get you all the way there (still need a shell). Let alone someone could grab an Artifact kit for $50 shipped, get a year worth of darts, and still be under Xplorer's price point.

To put this into perspective, just one of their completed blasters costs more than the equivalent of 5 months rent for me.

#356540 Magic Mega Barrels?

Posted by cheerios on 01 November 2016 - 12:59 PM in Darts and Barrels

What's the OD of Megas? 

#356432 aluminium tubes

Posted by cheerios on 26 October 2016 - 09:43 AM in Darts and Barrels

Yeah, it's the same material he uses for his longshot breech kits. From what I understand it has a slightly bigger ID than CPVC but not as big as SCH.80 PVC.

http://www.ebay.com/...aMAAOSwLF1X5BlX

I haven't bought one of his kits so I can't say if they're any good, but they look dope. 

EDIT: If someone has bought one of those kits let me know if they're any good; I'm actually curious.

#353689 Tornadowbow help

Posted by cheerios on 23 May 2016 - 01:27 PM in Homemades

I can replace the water gun with pvc, but the washers and the polycarb plunger tube will be hard. And by hard, I mean I can't because I don't have any money. I also am very opposed to cutting the ring launcher apart...

Check out drain extension tubes at your local hardware store that has plumbing materials.There might be some that are close to the same dimensions as the polycarbonate tube Ice Nine used. The plastic ones are generally pretty cheap.

http://www.homedepot...790BG/205153709

#350718 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 12 January 2016 - 10:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cool, I have these too and was considering cutting them down and doing the same you did but just didn't. Also, I disagree that these hurt more than slugs, but I am not stating that it isn't possible that they can hurt more. Finally, although it doesn't matter too much, most people including me refer to them as either ACC darts, accurates, or Chunlin darts(after the seller on amazon were originally found) and while I don't mean annoying about it but it may help some to know what exactly these are called or at least have a name for these.

http://www.amazon.co...rts bullet head(where I bought mine)

I propose "Bullseyes" as the name for these cut down darts, since it sounds equal parts jargon and the original ACCurate name, while also being a play on words with the accuracy thing. It will make it easy to distinguish the full length ones from these since these are more than just cut-down streamlines, they are pretty much sili tips/silicone domes. Also, this is more activity in one topic than the darts and barrels forum has had as a whole in years.

The name "China Darts" was initially just a joke but I'm still going to refer to them as such since that's what the thread is titled.

#350714 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 12 January 2016 - 07:43 PM in Darts and Barrels

UPDATE:

I went back to mess with these today and see if I could get anymore data for you guys, and the black magic that hoppers work off of seem to have reversed over night. The darts decided to stop feeding in the regular wye yet continue to feed in the 3D printed Wye prototype that I got from Kane in 2013. I did Isolate a couple darts and dipped the tips in cornstarch and they seem to work again, but as most people know that's not the most convenient thing to do at a war (though I've been doing it for a couple years).

I have a couple different ideas as to why they decided not to feed anymore:

• I tested these darts in a much colder environment 20° Fahrenheit ambient temperature versus a 74° Fahrenheit ambient temperature. The darts were also much colder than they were this afternoon.

• The tips seem to have become more "rough" on the surface after firing them continuously at a concrete wall / wooden board.

• Black Magic... ("who knows how hoppers really work")

EDIT:

After some further investigation it seems that my barrel got screwed up by some black magic and that seems to have been the reason for the feeding issues. The barrel somehow managed to get shoved back causing a big lip to interfere with the feeding.

20160112_162842_zpsak8oesqq.jpg

#350689 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 12 January 2016 - 12:03 AM in Darts and Barrels

Right, I got mine from a seller named amazing-box for future reference when the current listing expires.

http://www.ebay.com/...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I personally bought them when they were discounted 30% but at its current price darts are $0.0584 per dart.

#350683 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 11 January 2016 - 07:56 PM in Darts and Barrels

This has a lot of information and seemed worthy of it's own thread, moved from pictures thread.

Thanks, I wasn't sure whether or not to so I went with the picture thread.

Also, I liked these darts so much that I proceeded to buy an extra 1000 darts off ebay after writing the review.

EDIT:

To make this post more worthwhile I ripped one of the tips of the dart and sliced it in half to give you guys a better idea what they're like.

2fd6efed-8e91-45f8-b6a7-06f80156010c_zps

#350680 China Darts Review

Posted by cheerios on 11 January 2016 - 06:53 PM in Darts and Barrels

So my order of China darts came in today so I had to test them out.

First thing I did was cut them down to 35mm in length so that they were similar in length to my MHA silicone dome darts. These darts have a bigger dart tip comparable to those that Xplorer produce, and the foam they are made out of is denser than that of NERF elite darts. These darts do weigh a noticeable amount more than MHA darts just by feel, but I don't have a scale cause I'm not a drug lord and I don't have any use for a scale that weighs .00 grams.

7e295725-ed0e-4050-910e-5893597424af_zps

Then I tested them in an overhauled SM1500, Zorn's FAL2, and then a Plusbow. The FAL2 was fitted with the same hopper setup I've been using with MHA darts since 2013 so as to eliminate that as a variable for their hopper-ability. The Plusbow was fitted with an unmodified 1/2" PVC Wye hopper and a 12" CPVC barrel.

749e6f51-dc96-4287-8455-a0ac09e04a03_zps

Both the FAL2 and Plusbow were fired 100 times and their record of fires to misfires were recorded, and the results are as follows:

China Darts

FAL2: 97/100

+Bow: 100/100

MHA Darts (Minor Cornstarch)

FAL2: 92/100

+Bow: 92/100

#6 Slugs

FAL2: 99/100

+bow: 100/100

The accuracy of these darts is superb; even out of a ridiculously overpowered overhauled SM1500 the darts didn't spin out and shot laser straight. The same can be said about the FAL2 and Plusbow.

As for range variance between these, MHA silicone domes, and Slugs... I didn't test it cause It's too cold and it honestly doesn't matter, but I would take an educated guess and say that these will out range MHA domes and slugs when fired out of the same blaster.

Pros:

• They seem to feed more reliably than MHA darts, but more testing needs to be done before this can be confirmed.
  • Significantly more aerodynamic than slugs
  • $0.05 per dart
  • METAL FREE

Cons

• They're made with black foam which will make recovery a bit of an issue.
  • They're more aerodynamic tip could inflict more pain compared to Slugs or MHA domes.
  • You have to cut them down to make them hopper.

#350584 What was your favorite war experience?

Posted by cheerios on 07 January 2016 - 04:20 PM in Site Feedback

Anytime I got to Nerf with the Unholy3 and Kane is by far the best Nerf Experience.

Other than that Nerfing with all the dope people who decided to drive numerous hours out to the middle of Bumfuck Nowhere, IL to Nerf in an open field all day for Cataclysm 3 ie. LGLF, Beaver, Carbon, and the Minnesota Crew.

And definitely not all the war prep for Cataclysm 3: Crazy George

#350494 Why Aren't There Homemade Kits?

Posted by cheerios on 04 January 2016 - 04:45 PM in Homemades

Here you go a couple pump action snaps where everything (except the spring) can be bought at a Menards or Ace and I'm sure if you tried just a teeny tiny bit you could find a spring at ACE or another hardware store that would work. http://nerfhaven.com...or-new-members/

http://nerfhaven.com.../21824-quixote/

#350261 PCSR: A new homemade design

Posted by cheerios on 29 December 2015 - 01:32 AM in Homemades

Yo you mad bro? My only point in that is that other people have stolen members' blasters in the past and that it's entirely possible for it to occur now. I don't get why you're so butt hurt about me making an extremely valid point.

#350060 Nerf Modification Companies

Posted by cheerios on 19 December 2015 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

Xplorer sells premodded blasters on their website but they're rather expensive and you'll have to pay shipping from Singapore. http://www.xplorersg.com

#347440 Taobao Longshot Shotgun Grip by F10555

Posted by cheerios on 25 June 2015 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

I might be able to do something similar to this, and most likely better.

Now I need to find a Longshot.

If you want to hook me up with one of them when you're done you can have one of my Longshots.

#347345 No one cares about the name you gave your gun

Posted by cheerios on 22 June 2015 - 12:18 PM in Off Topic

Just my $0.02 : I don't particularly get why the masterkey one is a problem, considering most people know a masterkey is an undermounted shotgun of some type. Also the names help add flair to each project.

I'm not into mil-sim or real weaponry, so the name "masterkey" is just as informative to me as calling your blaster "the super punisher-wrecker I like butt plugs in my butt 9000 awesome gun." Made up names for your blasters doesn't help anybody in identifying what it actually is and what you did to it.

#347274 Simple Question

Posted by cheerios on 18 June 2015 - 10:01 AM in Modifications

No

#343518 Rights Issues With Homemades

Posted by cheerios on 15 December 2014 - 11:37 AM in Homemades

I would say if the original creator is currently trying to sell their designs, then you shouldn't sell any of that product (ie. ESLTs). However rainbowpups haven't been sold by Ryan for a while and it probably would be Kosher to sell them.

Or, you could just PM or Email the builder and ask them if they have a problem with you selling their product.

#343293 NSFWar

Posted by cheerios on 03 December 2014 - 05:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I have added a poll because I am confused as to why the people who normally show interest and show up aren't saying anything. Our wars had on average 10 people this summer, so why all of the sudden no interest?

Probably because nerfing in the cold is quite possibly one of the worst things ever.

#342497 Hoppered Magstrike

Posted by cheerios on 19 October 2014 - 02:28 PM in Modifications

3. For airguns you typically want a loose fit. What material ultimately depends on your specific foam, but petg or 9/16" brass would probably work well for you.

Tue, but the Magstrike doesn't work like an air gun, it works more like a springer with its piston mechanism.

#341736 Who wants to nerf!?!??

Posted by cheerios on 04 September 2014 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm down for a war. I'm currently at Bradley University which is in Peoria.

However, in my ~5 years living her in the past and 1 month currently being here, I haven't found any unpopulated parks in Peoria. Our best bet would be to use the same park that is used for the Mayhem wars in Bloomington.

#340675 Green Bay Nerfinz

Posted by cheerios on 23 July 2014 - 11:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Pretty much anything after the 16th doesn't work for me. I would vote for the 9th if that is an option.

#340600 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by cheerios on 21 July 2014 - 06:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm in the same boat as Bchamp. I need to downsize. Most everything is $5 or less (there's even a FREE bin)
If someone want to buy all of it, I would be willing to cut you a bulk deal.

Posted Image

$2 Bin

Posted Image

$5 Bin

Posted Image

$5+ Bin
Not much here, trying to keep prices down.

Posted Image

#340590 August nerf; IL??

Posted by cheerios on 21 July 2014 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Where you located in illinois? I cant make it to mayhem, but maybe to another war.

His profile says Peoria, IL. That's why I said an hour from the Bradley campus, it's a landmark that almost everybody knows in Peoria.

#340577 August nerf; IL??

Posted by cheerios on 20 July 2014 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I know it's not yet August, but we are having a war in Bloomington (1 hour from the Bradley Campus) next weekend.

Mayhem 3.5 July 26th

#340569 Brassed Flywheels

Posted by cheerios on 20 July 2014 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

Can you actually post your results in a text form? As cool as videos are (they really aren't); text and pictures allows everyone to view the information you want to show us.

#340392 Afterburner problem

Posted by cheerios on 15 July 2014 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

I'm aware that the tube is injection molded ABS plastic, so yes, the material is obvious. Perhaps we can narrow the size down a bit without calipers? Can you fit cpvc or other 5/8" material inside it? Can you fit 1/2" PVC pipe inside it?

It's ~17mm. My calipers are being a bit janky recently so that's as close as I can get.

#339494 Barrel fittings

Posted by cheerios on 11 June 2014 - 08:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

Additionally there is schedule 80 PVC, which is hard to find in some hardware stores., and honestly impractical.

How is Sch. 80 PVC impractical? It is a close enough fit to PETG, eliminates the need to nest your barrel material, and is sold in Menards, Ace, (some)Home Depots, and Lowes.

#339371 Mayhem 3.5

Posted by cheerios on 05 June 2014 - 10:38 AM in Nerf Wars

The last Mayhem was definitely an A+ war that was completely worth the drive, and I hope this one will be just as good. Count me in.

#339263 New AABow Write-up

Posted by cheerios on 01 June 2014 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

Why did you decide to eliminate the firing stabilizer from Kane's AABow write-up? It is the only thing that makes AABows actually usable blasters in NIC wars and is by far the best feature of any homemade bow blaster created.

#339213 Failed attempt at silicone tip creation.

Posted by cheerios on 28 May 2014 - 02:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

I very well may be contacting you about the mold, but my dart tips finally cured and I'm going to attempt later to get them out of the wooden mold and if its successful and not too messy then I may just continue using my own but were you talking $15 plus shipping or 15 shipped?

$15 plus shipping.

#339021 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 18 May 2014 - 01:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Pros:
+Super good war
+Decent amount of people 9-10 all day
+Actually trying while nerfing
+Ryan's blasters shot lasers all day
+Domes worked all day in the 3D printed wye.
+Bought some dongshots!
+Traded ball valves for wyes.
+VIP actually worked

Cons:
-Slugs (Domes are way nicer to get hit in the face by)
-Cores were small but worked extremely well

#338992 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 16 May 2014 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess it's super late for me to post this, but if there is anything anyone wants from my sales threads I'll be more than willing to deliver it (with a reduced price) as long as they post before 8ish AM tomorrow.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24831
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=24962

I highly doubt I'll be there on time, I'm super directionally challenged so I'll get lost many times along the way.

#338935 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 14 May 2014 - 12:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you have any desire for me to bring the mobstacles? I already have them in my van, so it's no trouble, but if we don't need them I'll toss them back in the trailer.

#338919 Rainbow Pump Bullpup Pistol/Carbine Concept

Posted by cheerios on 13 May 2014 - 05:10 PM in Homemades

How awkward is it to prime a blaster like that when it has large spring loads? I was thinking of doing something like this but determined that the force would be awkwardly distributed and would cause priming to become too uncomfortable for practical war use. Have you noticed any discomfort while priming this repeatedly like you would in a war situation?

#338537 May 4 Central Illinois War

Posted by cheerios on 28 April 2014 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I will try to be there.

#338063 Mayhem 3.0

Posted by cheerios on 05 April 2014 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll try harder to be there this time (actually waking up on time).

Are air guns banned or are those kosher?

#337996 Indiana War

Posted by cheerios on 02 April 2014 - 04:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Top floor is usually best for people who like to use ranged attacks and the bottom floor is mostly cqbq
Main Gametypes:
- Capture the flag
- Civil war

Sorry, no deathmatch because it is too complicated to track with so many people.

Would there be a range or velocity cut off like at Grid Code to balance the play in the small enclosures?

Also would you be down for carpe if we brought the materials for it?

#337980 Indiana War

Posted by cheerios on 01 April 2014 - 10:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Can we get more info on location, maybe some pictures of the place to get an idea of the play area.

#337978 Reliably Hoppering Silicone Darts

Posted by cheerios on 01 April 2014 - 09:18 PM in Darts and Barrels

I tested this out briefly at a MHA war last year and found loading them backwards reduced range and accuracy.

Reliability was significantly improved when used with non-corn starched darts, but equally reliable to those that were coated in corn starch and loaded normal.

#337856 Spring replacement for Nite-Finder

Posted by cheerios on 29 March 2014 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

I was looking at these kits: http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649 and http://www.ebay.com/...984.m1423.l2649 . The first one has a 10kg spring, and the second one just says "industrial", but I can assume its between 6 and 10. Any suggestions?

Buy Venomm's kit.

I have looked at all the mod guides and none of them really go into too much depth on the subject, so don't yell at me saying "WE ARENT GOING TO SPOON FEED YOU" lol. Anyways, thanks for looking! -Jack

Yeah spring loads in terms of Kg is actually a pretty recent occurance (last couple years) so very litle in the past has spring loads in lbs or Kgs.