Ragornocks's Content

There have been 369 items by Ragornocks (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#150966 Summer Dcno

Posted by Ragornocks on 13 April 2008 - 06:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll have to look at the exam schedule, I'm pretty sure I've got some stuff to take care of around that time...but I would like to make it to this. We'll see how things go.

#150261 Uh, Hi.

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 April 2008 - 05:34 PM in Off Topic

I forgot how much fun I had back shitting my days away on the old Nerf boards.

Then again, I think I may have forgot just how much fun I've had.

So what's up with the community? And what's the biggest East Coast war that goes on? Classes end in a few weeks and I could use a roadtrip.

#84018 Vans And And 1 With Magstrikes.

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 June 2006 - 09:48 PM in General Nerf

I was at the venue in Raliegh. Hasbro was present, though they didn't have any Nerf blasters out...it was raining for like half the day, so instead they just decided to futiley soak people. Turns out that angsty teenagers who are already soaking wet really don't care if you squirt them any more. I meant to ask one of the reps there about Nerf stuff but I was having too much fun raining doom onto the people who walked past the tent.

Also, hippies are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. If one ever drops his hat, promptly return it to him and you will be rewarded most...graciously, if you catch my drift.

EDIT: Anyone who tells you that Mountain Dew is present, a la the pictures, is a dirty liar. However, the nice girls at the Monster truck were kind enough to present me with all of the Monster I could drink, free of charge. I should have asked one to marry me.

#81069 Valve Question

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 May 2006 - 05:53 PM in Homemades

1. Most likely; I know the Rainbird ones do.

2. Yes.

#80960 Janga's New Halo 2 Video!

Posted by Ragornocks on 28 April 2006 - 07:57 PM in Off Topic

Nice...you guys work that poor Warthog. Good show, mate.

Heh, so that's what you've been spending your time on up there...I assumed the furries got you.

#80899 Help.

Posted by Ragornocks on 27 April 2006 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

I think anyone who believes their NF is getting 75' can suck my left testicle.

Whatever happened to making the mods reasonable, to the point where it didn't take thirty pounds of force to prime a pistol? You don't have to put every piece of plastic in your hands to the max, ya know.

#80820 The Least I Could Do

Posted by Ragornocks on 26 April 2006 - 02:40 PM in Off Topic

Looks like there's another Maverick spoof in a webcomic.

LICD is a great strip that revolves around sexual humor...not something I suggest for people under the age of eighteen, but if you're mature enough to handle it, it's a riot.

The Maverick seems to be the weapon of choice for wreaking havoc around the home, studio, or office of any stressed artist.

#80746 Hi

Posted by Ragornocks on 24 April 2006 - 06:44 PM in Off Topic

Piney; nice. How's it been out there.

And Wask: it's been a while man, it's been a while. You still tearin' up the dirt, then?

#80675 Ramrockets?

Posted by Ragornocks on 23 April 2006 - 05:59 PM in Modifications

Suddenly I just imagined hitting people in the face with those things; seems like it would be entertaining. Time to make a run to the Dollar General down the street...nobody around here will be safe!

Seriously, pretty cool idea. Kinda like the old Bow'n'Arrow, if you can remember back that far. Small bungee cords are your friend for this kind of stuff, by the way.

Oh, if you have a big piece of brass or something: be sure to put a piece of string or twine across the bottom, so the dart doesn't get sucked down into the plunger shaft.

#80633 Hi

Posted by Ragornocks on 22 April 2006 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

Rags, where the hell have you been?

Dude, a few weeks ago I woke up beside this guy's pool.

I gotta start hanging around here more though.

#80629 Hi

Posted by Ragornocks on 22 April 2006 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

I made a blog to complain about stuff.

Somebody should make a Nerf blog. When I say somebody I mean somebody who can spell and is aware of what is going on around them. I am afraid that this voids about 63% of you.

In other news, Coke Blak is good.

#76391 Listen For But A Moment, If You Would

Posted by Ragornocks on 15 March 2006 - 08:09 PM in Off Topic

So as some of you may or may not have noticed, another year has passed by in which I have been making my meager attempt at life. Waking on Sunday morning, I felt like I had been the sole survivor of a train wreck the previous night, and that it may have been my best interest to remain in bed for the next few hours. However, it seemed that everyone else had other ideas, because my phone was ringing and there were people at the door.

Fuckers, if you wanted to celebrate, you should have done it last night.

Regardless I am forced to get up and try a feeble shot at being happy and joyous from being woken from my less than admirable state. And what's more amusing is that they did not, in fact, want to offer me kudos on surving for yet another year without giving in to the obvious insanity, no. They were just making sure we had for plans for dinner tonight.

Yes Mom, I'll figure something out. No, I haven't called Dad yet. Uh-huh, I'll call them and thank them later.

So by this point it is in my best interest to begin to make myself presentable for everyone. After the daily cleaning ritual, I step outside to find it is probably the most wonderful day. People are out washing their cars, my neighbor is getting their RV ready for something...I will call it, if I may, peachy. It is because of this that I cannot sit around and make waste of the day, and I haven't recieved any of the sacrifices and such that are usually brought to me on this day. Hmm...

A quick phone call and a half-hour later, and I'm on my way to Best Buy with someone. I have been out of work for a while now, and going out and buying overlly expensive electronics is probably not the best investment in my money. It was fortunete, however, that I had pawned off an excessive amount of my gear that had been collection for a while, and had a nice fat stack laying around. Dealings with some less than legit contacts may have contributed to this, but that's another story altogether. Anyways, the wad of cash in my pocket was previously targeted towards a shiney new Ego, which still may be in the near future if I play my cards right. For those who play, the Ego is hands down one of the best markers availible right now. I've been shooting someone's for a bit, it's one of the most comfortable markers I've ever shot.

I'm not sure how to describe a trip to this sort of store. I would be in a state of euphoria, for the most part, but there are several factors that do not allow one such as I to enjoy this. I'm not sure how I do it, but I somehow have my wonderful shot of geekdom shot down by some act of greater powers. Regardless, walking into the local electronics store, especially with a great sum of money, will essentially put you in a state that is normally only obtainable using the highest (or lowest, depending on where you get them) quality of illegal substances.

I had been toying with the idea of getting one of these small, plastic boxes that played the freshest beats known to man, and were able to fit in one's pocket...so of course, that is where I headed. After, of course, stopping by to look at the notebooks. Now, I just recieved a nice laptop thanks to the forethought of my step-father last Christmas, and I should be perfectly content, but Apple had decided to release what is essentially sex in plastic casing. I believe they have titled this lovely goodness as the Mac Book Pro. However, the cretins working the store yet again failed to meet my needs, and had no floor models availible. Not suprising, considering it takes almost a month to get one right now, but regardless, I had the faintest glimmer of hope that there would be the glowing, radiant machine sitting there on an ancient Greek pedestal. At which point I would whip out the plastic and inform the nearest employee to ring me up and sign the next few years of my life to their ass.

I suppose it is a good thing, then, that they didn't have one there.

I did buy and iPod, though. I snatched a Nano up, and have been really enjoying it. I've never been big into CD players because of how bulky they are, but this is great. I can fit this in pretty much any pocket, and it holds enough songs to keep me going for a while. Basically, I went out and got myself a birthday present because no one else felt it was necesarry to reward me for my crawling out of bed that morning. And I will say; iPods rock. They rock like those chairs they have chained up outside of Cracker Barrel. Only much more so.

My brain has died through a combination of this and working towards a deadline that I very well may not meet.

In other news, I should really go find a new job...and a less expensive hobby...

#75881 Ugh....

Posted by Ragornocks on 12 March 2006 - 07:30 AM in Off Topic

I sincerely regret spending the night the way I did. All I honestly remember is some gothic girl, a really big fire, and a rap battle that turned into about twenty people singing country.

^^^Happy birthday to me.

#70734 Best Member Of 05

Posted by Ragornocks on 10 January 2006 - 04:51 PM in Off Topic

I vote for Larry Chen.

#70690 Tinh Is Released

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 January 2006 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

...so it's like the old "Nerf Evolved" project, that was supposed to revolutionize everything?

Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and all, but I'm recalling how it went last time...ideal, but not practical. Or something like that.

#70596 Please Read: Spherical Ammo.

Posted by Ragornocks on 07 January 2006 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

I'll tell you now that from my experiance, balls suck. Spherical objects are rarely used as projectiles now as a reason; nothing is more unpredictable than a sphere.

And I'm not sure how many people are gonna "conform" to this here.

But back to physics here...don't even get me started on spin. I've seen some crazy shit before, all pending on everything and nothing. Backspin theory? Yeah, it works. To a degree. Likewise with putting other degrees of spin on a ball. But when you do that, and you're working with something with so little mass, it's gonna be holy hell trying to control that after the barrel of whatever you're using. I've seen balls take some crazy turns of no reason at all; I've seen them also work perfectly fine. But just think back to the ol' days when they used molded lead balls in smoothbore barrels; there's a reason they changed to things like they use today. Now, let's not talk about the mass and velocity on all this shit, but still...balls suck.

Brass has a smoother bore than aluminum, by the way. Or that's what the old farts online say, atleast. I do know that it isn't used in firearms because of it's conductivity of heat, and how soft of a metal it is. Would be terrible for a barrel. Works fine for Nerf, though.

And if you want reusable paintballs, for any reason, use ReBalls. All other ones that are marketed suck, don't even try with them. ReBalls might cost a lot, but it's a quality product that's great to use.

If you're going ahead anyways, go for the CPVC. It's more availible (to the blind kids who can't seem to navigate a hardware store, atleast...), easier to work with, and easier to adapt to existing mods, ideally.

That's just my cynical take on the matter...carry on now.

EDIT: Oh, before I forget...don't bother with trying to cut grooves in the barrel or anything. None of that stuff is going to work at these velocities, trust me. Doesn't work in paintball, it's not going to work here.

#70448 Penny Arcade!

Posted by Ragornocks on 04 January 2006 - 09:33 PM in General Nerf

I RETURN IN THIS TIME AS A HERALD OF THINGS TO COME!!!!!

Have I ever mentioned that I love you? Because I very much so do.

Get this though, I've got this big-ass bottle of Sambuca here...hoo boy. Prolly time for me to go piss off, too.

#66953 Of Recalls And Rednecks

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 November 2005 - 09:28 PM in General Nerf

Don't ask how.

I can do that to people.

Piney, check the new Carter Machine site...he's offering Ducks for $2000. The site is fully legit, too...it's just made by a third party.

#66952 Starwars Battlefront Ii

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 November 2005 - 09:26 PM in Off Topic

Hopped in the original last night...there were all of four games, none of them on dedicated servers. One was named "Fluffy", one was Endor only, all had horrible ping and a max of four players.

Can you guess what I didn't do last night?

#66948 Raleigh, Nc

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 November 2005 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah...I've got way too much money in it again already. We had a blast though, I'll say that.

#66886 Tru: Free Maverick

Posted by Ragornocks on 31 October 2005 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

Hell man, I went there the other day to get a BBB, and now I have a scab on my chin from where my jaw hit the floor. I haven't seen that much Nerf merch at one place in years...anyways, college is overrated from what I hear. And so is the phone bill. And food. And gas money. And pretty much anything else that doesn't involve scantily clad women or booze.

...and they most certainly didn't give me anything free, other than some odd looks. I guess that's the price to pay when you buy toy guns at my age, huh?

#66743 Anyone For Some Discussion?

Posted by Ragornocks on 28 October 2005 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Hmm...because I am entirely too lazy to sift through pages and pages of complete and utter crap, I'm going to go ahead and ask; what's been figured out about the newest spring blasters? Namely, the Maverick and Firefly. I realize that they both have restriction, which has been dealt with...the airflow isn't all that good, because of the seal (or lack thereof) and the fact the barrels rotate. Also, the way the plunger shafts operate isn't conventional, and really restricts the amount of air it's going to be able to generate. Therefor, it's going to be very hard to optimize performance. But the barrels are already pretty much aptly suited for stefans, they just need the restrictors removed. Once that's done, it seems the tight back and looser front part of the barrel should be more than adequate for the pressure they're putting out. From what I've seen, they honestly aren't getting too much better than they were from the box...the Firefly in paticular is a big disappointment. My Maverick's range is exceeding in already, almost, and it's a lot more comfortable for me...I dunno. If there's been anything I'm missing, go ahead and let me know.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I can grab my camera and pick up another Maverick to document all the mods and stuff. Of course, I'll need hosting, but...I'm sure we can find someone (hintChint) that would be willing to use the content...

EDIT: Shit, what's this I'm seeing about the BBB? Where can I get one of them bad boys? I wasn't pleased with my last one, but...wouldn't mind having something else to use.

#66740 Of Recalls And Rednecks

Posted by Ragornocks on 28 October 2005 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

I definitly can't make it like I used to...no time to spam forums anymore. But I'll try to stop in as often as I can.

Piney, I saw that a while back, it was awesome. You know what I picked up the other day, though? I got a great deal on a 3357, I can't wait until it gets here...and the Phantom is wonderful. Gonna work her a bit tommorow, I suppose.

I got a Firefly, Maverick, and Nite Finder. And darts. And duct tape. Speaking of the Dart Tag set, we had an issue at the checkout...they told us the product was recalled, and we couldn't buy it. They then punched us in the kidneys and tolds us to get something else.

#66710 Raleigh, Nc

Posted by Ragornocks on 28 October 2005 - 05:37 PM in Nerf Wars

...are you older than twelve, and do you posses an IQ that is above room-tempature?

#66709 Of Recalls And Rednecks

Posted by Ragornocks on 28 October 2005 - 05:33 PM in General Nerf

Whew, it's been a while...

...anyways, we spent the day yesterday enjoying the local coffee shop, while the Homecoming parade was going on down the street. Beautiful weather for just about anything (short of skiing, I suppose), late afternoon...we ended up getting pretty bored. What do we do? A trip to the local Wal-Mart sounds nice.

Of course, we ended up brushing by the toy aisle...and, of course, we ended up getting Nerf guns. As I was totalling up my purchase, I'm thinking...well, my phone bill is coming up. I wanted to go out and 'ball on Saturday, and I need some parts pretty bad, too...

...so I ended up having to explain to the cashier why I was buying forty dollars worth of toy guns. And you should have seen us walking out of the store, ripping into the cardboard boxes like a small child would on Christmas...heck, we ended up playing more or less before we got into the car. After hitting some people, we realized that it wasn't such a great idea to Nerf in a crowded parking lot, and headed home for some foamy fun in the evening.

So, in closing, I forgot how fun Nerf is. The whole thing is great, it was such a break from the "grown-upish" routine to which I'm getting accustomed. To all you younger folk out there, enjoy it while you can. I suppose it's time to get the camera out, buy some FBR, and finding some more people to play with.

'Tis the season.

- B

#62134 Happy Birthday Talio

Posted by Ragornocks on 17 August 2005 - 06:36 PM in Off Topic

Just saw it was your birthday on SCP.com...have a good one.

Here, this one's for you:

Posted Image

Get out and play sometime. Pwn those n00bs with your Phantom. ) It was actually for the SCP forum, by the way... ^_^

#57515 Eat It

Posted by Ragornocks on 14 June 2005 - 02:37 PM in Off Topic

d00d, I practice t3h writing. I only sketch a little bit.

Thanks guys!

#57506 Eat It

Posted by Ragornocks on 14 June 2005 - 12:36 PM in Off Topic

Eat it, bitches

I’m quite aware that I can’t draw at all. I’m a much better writer, by far. I can come up with stuff all day, but my drawing is lacking…at best.

Nonetheless, w007 w007!

#57218 Pa Nerfers, And Other Stuff

Posted by Ragornocks on 10 June 2005 - 10:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Heh, D-Day's not a tournament...just thousands of people shooting each other.

And there's no wet T-Shirt contest this year. Damn. All the good vendors should be there, so start saving the pennies.

If anyone needs a place to crash in the area, let me know. It turns out I might be there for a full week...depends on how the dudes I'm going with are gonna do this.

Come on, I know more people than this wanna get out and Nerf...did everyone become a lazy bum lately or something? Is forum-camping more fun than actually playing now?

#57037 Pa Nerfers, And Other Stuff

Posted by Ragornocks on 09 June 2005 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

D-Day Stuff

I don't use AIM now, but toss me an email.

aovboy@gmail.com

#57000 Pa Nerfers, And Other Stuff

Posted by Ragornocks on 08 June 2005 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, here's the deal. I'll be in Penn. during the weekend of July 9th and 10th. I'll also be there a few days before, and a few days after. During the Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday, I'll be busy. I'll be in some place called Jim Thorpe, no I have no idea where that is...some where relatively mild, I hope. I think it's near the mountains, but that's only speculation.

Anyways, if there are any Nerfers in the area, let me know. I'd be cool to hook up and get a little Nerf in. I haven't played forever, I just have a few little toys left around...but those little toys are more than sufficient for some light Nerfing.

Better yet, is anyone going to Skirmish USA on that weekend for the D-Day scenario? I'm going with my "team" (quoted because we're just a group of 20+ rabid recballers, though they did a few tournies this year), and it'd be cool to play with some of you guys on the paintball field, then do some Nerf afterwords. Likewise, lemme know if any of you are gonna do an afterparty...I imagine we will, so it'd be cool to slide between a few of them.

Like I said, in terms of Nerf gear, I'm limited to just a few pistols. Nonetheless, I really enjoy just playing with one or two of them. I also have a few Maxshots laying around if I need them. No darts at all, haven't made any for a long bloody time...I'm almost afraid to do it. :P

In terms of PB gear, I'm racked. I'm waiting for my custom Phantom to come in, it should be here in a week or two...the damned anno took way too long. I can't wait to use it though, hopefully be able to get a few weekends of play in with it before Skirmish. I really need to save paint there, because of the whopping paint cost. I'm used to getting a wonderful "employee discount", ya see. Anyways, I'll also have my uberMag, and should have an 04 Vision Shocker for use, too. In addition to all the 1337 playing gear. If anyone needs it, I have spare sets of gear, it's more than adequate. Not really high end, but overall beats the Tippmann's Skirmish hands out. If any of you need anything, let me know, I can hook you up.

If anyone is going to be in the area, or is in the area, please let me know.

- B

#51298 Nhq Planning Hack

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 April 2005 - 05:29 PM in General Nerf

deleted by whom?

He who is not good.

Yeah, I someone closed them up. I just mean all the "Our mods and admins are crazy" topics that are floating around.

They just had a close call with something else, too...

EDIT: Okay, I'm done taking up everyone's time here with useless chatter. Don't mind me.

#51294 Nhq Planning Hack

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 April 2005 - 05:17 PM in General Nerf

The only mess left to clean up is several days worth of people asking what happened.

Not if they're smart, and they go ahead and just delete all the mess now. Much like hacking, the discussion should stay in that thread.

#51290 Nhq Planning Hack

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 April 2005 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

It's not over yet...now they get to clean up all the mess. Oh man, that was the funniest thing I've seen in a while...I was up all last night laughing at it.

#51279 Nhq Planning Hack

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 April 2005 - 04:34 PM in General Nerf

Yeah man, they're planning some big shit. You better get ready, because of bunch of teenagers are going to try to take down Mr. Davis and his site, which has absolutely no protection because he is in the computer industry. It's his job to code, so it's not like he knows what he's doing and he's going to keep backups or anything.

And don't get me started on those NHQ kids, they're beasts. I saw them turn a script kiddie into a babbling monkey. And they have a sick addiction to pr0n.

Look at the date, buddy. Yeah. Bet you feel bloody smart.

#51256 Nerfhq Error

Posted by Ragornocks on 01 April 2005 - 01:24 PM in General Nerf

Well, to be fully honest, the real mods/admins forum doesn't look much different...it just lacks anything about hacking and pr0n. Still a huge ego trip, which is why I find it to be overlly funny.

#51141 Confessions Of An Evangelical Taiwanese Expatriot!

Posted by Ragornocks on 30 March 2005 - 03:51 PM in Off Topic

I'll be damned if it isn't Larry Chen...I haven't heard that one since the "Who are you gonna be for Halloween" a few years back.

#51031 Paintball

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 March 2005 - 03:07 PM in Off Topic

For the record, custom guns do take a minute to get, but it's not an outragously long time.

Aye, when I had my Mag built it took a few extra days, and the bloody Angel took forever.

#51020 Paintball

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 March 2005 - 01:35 PM in Off Topic

I'm overlly tempted to pick up the new Smart Parts gun, just so I can wear the "Real men use plastic guns" shirt.

Anyways, I require linkage to Phantom sites! I'm becoming a big gunwhore, but...whatever. Gimme gimme!

EDIT: Gah, just found it. Awesome savings, thanks!

#51008 Paintball

Posted by Ragornocks on 29 March 2005 - 12:40 PM in Off Topic

It's my industry, and for the most part my life. I spend way too much money and time on it, and get little back from it. I've spent more on my markers than some people do on their cars.

And I love it.

Piney, I'm about to place an order from CCI, I want something for when I'm running to those "last dregs" of paint during rec weekends...how long does it take to ship? That's with a custom anno, too...have you seen anyone running them on HPA? Like, with the small vert bottles? I'm very reluctant to go back to Co2, even for that, even though it would be very nice for the wallet...does it mind the liquid too much? Maybe I'll grab a Stabalizer, I've wanted an excuse to get one for a while...My other option is to grab one of the WGP pumps, that way I can have a good loaner I can convert to semi if I need to. I've always been partial to Autocockers, but never owned one.

I'm rambling, don't mind me. Do yourself a favor, stick with Nerf if you can. Otherwise you'll end up blowing $80 a week.