Dkay's Content

There have been 10 items by Dkay (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#238787 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 26 June 2009 - 05:22 PM in Modifications

[/quote]

Makes sense as i couldn't find anything at M10 or Bunnings either. I'll pop round to my local hobby shop (must resist urge to get RC car whilst i'm there...)
[/quote]

Yeah. Ive got one RC Car (On road Drifter) and looking to buy an off road (Traxxas Slash). They are money pits, but good fun.

Ill pick up some brass after I purchase one. At the moment, I'm going to work on my Big Blast.

#238319 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 24 June 2009 - 01:22 AM in Modifications

Nakey Boy.

LHS means local hobby shop.

I havent seen anything at Mitre 10 or Bunnings.

Nice and clean mod, but I'm curious why I don't see more ... 'extreme' mods to these PistolSplat/Wipeout blasters. Aside from Split's ThunderSplat mod to the shotgun version of the Splat and Split's Recon Clip mod, I don't see much being done to it.[i]

taerKitty

Possibly because people dont want too much range out a pistol?

Suppose they are only a backup.

While I'm at it, can anyone recommend what size brass I should use for a barrel?

#238128 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 23 June 2009 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

UPDATE.

Sorry for the double post, but i think you guys should know this for the mod.

Don't use tape for the spring compression part of the mod. I have found that the tape has deformed and reduced in size, therefore reducing power.

Instead, put a sleeve of brass or possibly CPVC tubing over the springs "Base". These materials hopefully wont deform like the tape did.

#237823 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 21 June 2009 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Yeah in Australia we don't have CPVC. We do have brass though, but I haven't been to my LHS to pick some up. Thats next on my list.

#237720 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 21 June 2009 - 01:00 AM in Modifications

Yeah I agree. I meant that at the time the range didnt matter as I hadn't measured them.
Also there wasn't anything overly special about the mod to post estimate ranges at the time.

I seriously think that with a good dart I can get mid 50's to 60's.

#237715 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 21 June 2009 - 12:11 AM in Modifications

From range testing with a really crap dart. I had to put tape around the rear to get a good seal, and to add weight I had too literally screw a screw into the end of the plastic part which houses the chalk.

Sometimes the dart would fly perfect, while sometimes it would turn in random directions.
I also think the ID of the barrel decreases as it gets closer to the plunger tube.

Ranges
1.40'(Spiked down) With this shot the dart was in the end of the barrel (Thats how i found out the underlined part).
2.55( Nice clean shot)
3.40(Spiked down)With this shot the dart was in the end of the barrel
3.50(Cleanish shot)
4.Way over 60 (over the fence)

Plus numerous practice shots the hit the fence. Around 47'

So If i had a good dart I think it would be around 50-60 feet.

Next on the list is a barrel replacement.

#237706 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 20 June 2009 - 11:11 PM in Modifications

Bandwagon? This is the first time I have visited the forum in months, so I decided to post something.
(I joined the forum but during the long processing time I lost interest in nerfing.)

I may measure them for the people who aren't on this "bandwagon" later if its not raining.

EDIT:Also, I never said they were useless, I said I haven't measured them yet.

#237701 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 20 June 2009 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

Ill be sure to do that next time I open them up!

#237694 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 20 June 2009 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

Yeah i have been lurking for a long time, so i know the ways of the forum.

Thanks!

#237691 Driftkings Pistol Splat Ps-800/wipeout Mod

Posted by Dkay on 20 June 2009 - 09:56 PM in Modifications

Hey im Driftking. This being my first post i thought it would be good to post one of my mods, so bare with me for this. Constructive criticism would be appreciated. No flames please.

Last Christmas, i was lucky enough to find a two pack of Wipeout dart guns, or the Pistol PS-800 splat as you call them in the US of A. There are not many (good) guns in Australia in comparison to USA, but this is quite a good one.

On with with the modification.

ALSO! I did the mod before i created the writeup, so if some things seem wrong, as in part placement or chronological order with taking parts out etc, feel free to post and ill fix it up!

This is what we are starting with.

Posted Image

1. Rip it open. You will need to cut off the "Sight"and orange ring around the end of the barrel. Sorry for not having a picture of those two parts, but this should give you a good idea.

Posted Image

Here is a picture of the internals, for reference.

Posted Image

2. As you can see the dirty big air restricter. We will be removing it.

Posted Image

Get some pliers and glip onto the little protruding part/tab thing.

Posted Image

Pull it out.

Posted Image

3. Add tape around the base of the peg which stabilizes the spring. There was a little bit of wasted space. But putting tape there, it increases compression which in turn increases power.

UPDATE!

Don't use tape for the spring compression part of the mod. I have found that the tape has deformed and reduced in size, therefore reducing power.

Instead, put a sleeve of brass or possibly CPVC tubing over the springs "Base". These materials hopefully wont deform like the tape did.

But the tape will work for a while, so it could be a temporary fix.

Posted Image

4. Remove the spring inside the plunger tube. You will know it when you find it. No real need for a picture.
Overview.

Posted Image

At this stage you can add your own barrel of choice or re install your stock barrel.I decided to leave the spring that slides over the stock barrel, as it increases the seal between plunger tube and barrel.

Also i removed the safety mechanism which wont allow you to shoot if the cocking handle isn't fully down. I did it to simplify the final products internals. this wont effect anything if you operate the gun properly.

Final Product.

Posted Image

Ranges: Good for a pistol. I haven't actually measured them. they dont matter anyway.

Hope you liked it.

Driftking