CA13's Content

There have been 206 items by CA13 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#364185 free nerf giveaway

Posted by CA13 on 26 September 2019 - 01:25 AM in Off Topic

You both have me beat.

#297258 Nerf in the Nude

Posted by CA13 on 18 April 2011 - 02:34 AM in General Nerf

In the spirit of "Plastic-Safe Lubricants", I hereby start a new thread.

A new dimension has appeared for you every morning, provided that your day-to day state of clothedness has been completely binary and you believe in quantum mechanics.

I see Nude nerf as bliss. Darts can, and will, find their places, lodge into any orifice that will provide them the chance. A shot dart landing between the buttcheeks is quite satisfying at times (don't judge me) and if I had a fat friend I'd imagine a vulcan turning him into a porcupine of nerf darts, with rolls holding untold amounts of foam and sweat providing a sort of flypaper adhesive quality to his haunches.

When I play nude nerf, it is almost always with a friend, and it can be the product of strip-nerf- fighting, where you must remove an article of clothing when you are hit by a dart (and the attacker must give you 60 seconds to realign yourself and get a bit more comfortable. This new naked-nerf combo brings more importance in darts being caught in cleavages. Furthermore, hickeys and hits are pretty indistinguishable after few hours, and a k9 special or the modified BB you always had now seems a bit more intimidating.

If anyone's into competition, nude nerf is easy to keep track of. The person with the least amount of welts on their person wins the game, and the person who is first to get naked in the strip=nerf duel beforehand is also a loser.

The only downside to naked nerf is that there's no holsters, no ammo pouches, and no body armor for people to tacticlol Nerf combat with. So I guess it becomes more of a double edged sword.

Anyone have any experience with semi-clothed Nerf? Sure, it's more of a niche market when compared to Super Soaker skinny dipping, but still, I'd like to hear from more people about the wonders of this.

also, people here are desperate bastards, so in the meantime i'll be asking for permission from my friends to post some pictures of the games in action.

The PAS is mightier than the pork sword
- often attributed to Sun-cxwq, but Casagroova works too. (and for the U3, Oscar Wilde)

#297257 Idea For Homemade Darts

Posted by CA13 on 18 April 2011 - 02:12 AM in General Nerf

hot dogs-.75" petg (heated,stretched to .8-.85") (all-beef franks like Ball Park, ideally frozen)
kielbasa/larger brats-1.75" pvc (RSCB possible, in all types of cooked except boiled, also watch out for grease (it slightly dissolves PVC))
bangers-2" PVC (cracker meal 70% by weight=most durable, RSCB possible)
hope this helps

#297256 Warthog Time

Posted by CA13 on 18 April 2011 - 02:06 AM in Modifications

Aww man. Next to the Secret Shot II, the Warthog has the beefiest shell ever. Filling it with FBR and hot glue creates the best pistol for pistol whips.

Also, loser (just to see if it censors that)

#296791 Could We Have A Sticky Thread For Notably Inactive Users?

Posted by CA13 on 28 March 2011 - 09:34 PM in Site Feedback

Ugh. You don't need an MIT-level script to use the search engine. Is that really what you kids think?

Edit: Response to below, since the kid clearly does NOT understand this.
To find the last time someone posted, click Search in the top right. Type in the user's name in the "Filter by Member Name" box. Under "Result Type" click "Show results as posts". It will show the first 1000 of that user's posts, from most recent to least. The top post is their last post. Does exactly what you're saying, without any script, let alone whatever misconceptions you have about college being true. (Seriously, look at this. They're common, and easy to make.)

Even quicker, if you're just looking for all posts by a user, click their name to see their profile, click "Profile options" then "Show user's posts."

Under their profile is a "last active" date. But still, I think we really could use a thread like this.

#296559 Could We Have A Sticky Thread For Notably Inactive Users?

Posted by CA13 on 25 March 2011 - 02:33 AM in Site Feedback

Would it be possible to compile a list of inactive users, one that covers people who had large amounts of posts that are no longer active in the NIC? Hopefully it would help deter people from sending PMs in vain, creating "Where the eat shit did they go!?" threads, and the like.

Also, they deserve lots of respect if they were contributors and it would be nice to just have their names up.
People like ShortShit, 3DBBQ, Ompa, and The Infinite Shindig shouldn't go unnoticed. Boltsniper had a little comeback to the site, and a year back ShortShit and 3DBBQ also visited. These people, whether or not they themselves notice, should be recognized.

also i love you sooth rest in peace bud <3 ;)

#286091 Seriously Fuck Off Topic...but This Is Funny

Posted by CA13 on 26 September 2010 - 01:00 PM in Off Topic

It would only be true if it were ACTUAL guns.

#281959 Crowd Control "minigun"

Posted by CA13 on 03 August 2010 - 12:32 PM in Homemades

Hah. I remember finding a large squirrel fan at American Science and Surplus and using a hopper clip (I did not develop it on my own, and neither have you) to feed some slug darts. It wasn't that practical.

#277796 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by CA13 on 15 June 2010 - 02:06 PM in Homemades

Helical Hopper Clip

To operate, you have to blow on the check valve coming off the clip. The clip is merely a segment of FlexPVC (buy here) attached to a coupler leading to a small length of clear PVC. As you blow into the check valve, darts feed into the small piece of clear PVC.

The only drawback is that it's possible to blow too many darts through the clip and out the barrel. I might try to fix this problem, or learn to deal with it and not blow too hard. It's incredibly easy to get darts to feed through this stuff.

Ryan, try buying some vinyl tubing, put talc on the inside to remove the sticky-ness, and cut section, plugging one end with a rubber stopper. You can make a pretty flexible magazine/hopper out of that. I took about 2 feet of vinyl tubing and was able to make a hopper that I can bend and zip tie back onto my HAMP. Shit's awesome.

#276905 Snap-41a Bullpup

Posted by CA13 on 05 June 2010 - 05:40 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

CROCS, ARRGHH.... MY EYES!

Well, fashion aside, you got a pretty potent homemade going on here. You could probably simplify this with a non-rigid plunger tube and a catch made with a keyhole like notch where a bead could enter and rest in the notch. Off to my workshop, I guess.

#276497 Cancelledibb Indiana Border Battle July 10

Posted by CA13 on 31 May 2010 - 12:46 PM in Nerf Wars

//Don't not show up because you don't have the right darts.

I will show up because I don't have the right darts, as indicated in the double negative.

Can I bring a shovel? I want to make a foxhole for a MegaHAMP.

#276086 N-strike Barrel Break Ix-2

Posted by CA13 on 26 May 2010 - 04:34 PM in News

Wow! Fan treatment for all of the Modern Warfare 2 fanboys!

#275717 Nerf Ma5b

Posted by CA13 on 23 May 2010 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

sudo-lasor

$>sudo lasor
lasor: command not found

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Anyways, that's awesome!
Ranges?

What? You mean pseudo-laser?

#272508 My 2010 Hiatus

Posted by CA13 on 17 April 2010 - 10:47 PM in Off Topic

VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

Found a pic of Pneumatosis, here it is:

Posted Image

nasty as... well..... pneumatosis.

Now I'm beginning to regret tripe soup at the chinese place down the street. I guess that's why it's so cheap.

#272506 Maverick Barrel Removal

Posted by CA13 on 17 April 2010 - 10:44 PM in Modifications

How about modding your other turret. It might even be the one turret that is made with the blaster you were trying to fit the the modded turret in.

#272505 Time To Look Inside... The Ldr!

Posted by CA13 on 17 April 2010 - 10:42 PM in Homemades

You built a complicated SNAP, bro. It's impractical and and would look like a gun from a passerby, increasing your "HOLY FUCK ESTRANGED BULLIED LOSER WITH A GUN WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO" from zero to one. That's one binary chance you can't take.

It's cool looking, but it's not my style.

#271282 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by CA13 on 04 April 2010 - 12:10 PM in Modifications

Why you be hatin'?

Norther, we's all jealous of yo' TIM an' yo' mods.

Louie, it surprises me that you still buy longshits if you know it takes insane measures to make them legit.

Great mod, if a little unoriginal. Captain Slug's original replication of Crossbow internals really has opened doors for blasters viewed as unreliable or flawed. Not that range should be a factor. but as Ice9 proved with the Tornado-bow and you proved with your actually accurately-named Long Shot, these modular homemade internals can put reliability and function in flawed blasters. The bottom part is screaming RF20 integration.

#271281 A New Singled Longshot.

Posted by CA13 on 04 April 2010 - 12:08 PM in Modifications

Why you be hatin'?

Norther, we's all jealous of yo' TIM an' yo' mods.

Louie, it surprises me that you still buy longshits if you know it takes insane measures to make them legit.

Great mod, if a little unoriginal. Captain Slug's original replication of Crossbow internals really has opened doors for blasters viewed as unreliable or flawed. Not that range should be a factor. but as Ice9 proved with the Tornado-bow and you proved with your actually accurately-named Long Shot, these modular homemade internals can put reliability and function in flawed blasters. The bottom part is screaming RF20 integration.

#271094 Snap Crossbow

Posted by CA13 on 02 April 2010 - 02:09 PM in Homemades

Outstanding......as always Lou. Fill those gaps, throw some stain on the wood......and you got one unique, and effective blaster! Great work buddy!

Stain? This blaster only accepts a nice purple paintjob.

#270371 Homemade Air Bladder.

Posted by CA13 on 26 March 2010 - 12:10 PM in Homemades

Try finding some cheap bicycle tubes for clincher rims, like the ones used in beach cruisers. They are made to yield to lower air pressures, and I'm sure you could cut a section and glue it to endcaps for a suitable bladder.

#269355 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by CA13 on 16 March 2010 - 06:02 PM in Homemades

Its the bayonette lug for Ryan's 18 inch purple jelly dong.
Gotta attach it somehow.
Honestly, people should start doing this. Add humility to a barrel tap with a cock slap.

Already have. Silicone appendages make great fore-grips, and with a scalpel you can conceal an SSPB in one. I think there should be a waist mounted HAMP, where you thrust to fire the weapon. That would be "UNh0L33Y sub-optimal PLAID (it's flannel you psuedo-hipsters) cigsmokingCOOLfun1!

#269353 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by CA13 on 16 March 2010 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

This may be a dumb question, but from what I understand from the internals, this is a spring gun right? So what exactly is the green pump handle for? Thanks in advance

You see that bottom valve sitting between the two plungers? That is moved with the pump handle to switch barrels. Go "Me Yourself" yourself.

#268792 Canceled

Posted by CA13 on 10 March 2010 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

How big can the HAMPs be? I was in the process of making a machine gun. The HAMP itself is 3 inch PVC.

#268432 Homemade Gun?

Posted by CA13 on 07 March 2010 - 09:42 PM in Homemades

The name you are seeking is a Check Valve, it lets air in one way, they are easily home made, or you can buy them at a hardware store.........

Ummm, no he had it right. A schrader valve is the one-way valve used on bike tires. That way he actually has a way to fill the tank.

Hey asshole, Presta valves are only used in bicycle tires, Schrader valves are used in bicycle tubes for clincher rims.

Anyway, you should probably not delve into making any reservoir based air gun. Try a SNAP or a HAMP. You don't have to worry about leaks or valves with piston operated blasters.

#268430 A New Forum/subforum Layout

Posted by CA13 on 07 March 2010 - 09:36 PM in Site Feedback

What if we made the general (discussion) forums off limit to lurkers without an account. The other forums could have the Modification directory, etc. posted as well as some code of conduct/rules threads. That way, we can give people a chunk of the goodness to entice them into creating an account and joining the NIC, without making them unaware of (and oblivious of) the rules. It's just a concept. I think most of the "NerfHaven Forums" remains unused and useless, and really, there's no point in closing them off to lurkers if it's just shit posts and witty ban comments. I know there's other problems facing the NIC today (most notably, liability problems with modified blasters) but if we could improve the quality of this site, the site could become a better place for discussion. I know the maturity of the older members in the NIC can be questionable, but at least we'd keep the posts legible, neat, and practical.

#268427 Longshot Optimal Spring Size/type

Posted by CA13 on 07 March 2010 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

Why use a Longshot?

#268345 The Coolest Thing...

Posted by CA13 on 07 March 2010 - 02:02 PM in General Nerf

The nerf Atom was just a patent bought off some professor. He didn't work for nerf.

#268068 My Belt Blaster

Posted by CA13 on 04 March 2010 - 08:46 PM in Modifications

Sweet. I always think of belt blasters as the most legitimate electric blaster. You should probably add foam seals to each cartridge. That way you can squeeze out and make the blaster effective at 40 feet.

#267897 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by CA13 on 03 March 2010 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Sweet. Couldn't you stick some epoxy on the side of the street elbow cut (facing the rotation mech) to seal it better? It would suck if that redirection work was leaking out air. Also, at the turret seal, you could cut half of an end cap and stick it on the end, leaving an inner "lip" for a rubber gasket to be seated.

#267452 The Hamp (high Airflow Manual Plunger)

Posted by CA13 on 01 March 2010 - 03:11 AM in Homemades

They are pretty cool, but could you somehow avoid the abuse of duct tape in the system?

#267235 Cobra Vs Titan

Posted by CA13 on 27 February 2010 - 03:26 PM in Modifications

If you were to choose one, get the cobra or a BBBB. Cobras are much more compact and efficient, just make sure you use mega/mongo darts instead of taggers/micros. Really, you never need the range of a titan, so use any of those blasters as long range shotguns.

#267233 Hawai'i Tsunami

Posted by CA13 on 27 February 2010 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

I'd just like to wish luck to everyone on NH who is currently in Hawai'i.

I really wonder if Piney's already dead, he doesn't seem active in all of his personal things online, but if he's still kicking ass, hopefully he'll survive the waves too.

It's not a gargantuan tsunami, but it's a tsunami nonetheless.

#267132 Nostalgia

Posted by CA13 on 26 February 2010 - 11:29 PM in Off Topic

I do have a full mail suit of armor for tall bike jousting. When is this held?

#266826 A Small Question...

Posted by CA13 on 25 February 2010 - 12:36 AM in Off Topic

Oh my god, you live in a inbred religious/cult compound? Please, try a few friends or pastors or soothsayers if you want a Nerf buddy.

#266824 Weight-powered Cannon?

Posted by CA13 on 25 February 2010 - 12:26 AM in Homemades

Sounds kind of like a Trebuchet. Make it out of wood, give it about 20 pounds for the weight, use a cut up liter soda bottle as a cup, and you should be able to launch 30 darts 150 feet, effectively creating an artillary weapon. Please, inform us how it turns out. Otherwise, get some pictures up soon, as concept threads are generally looked down upon.

What the fuck? Are any of you capable of designing this? Trebuchets are modified levers, and I really don't think that's what he wants. If you would want some sort of "weight operated cannon", try taking a trebuchet and on the sling end attach a pivoting piston. The piston would be inserted into a plunger tube and be forced down as the weight drops and the pivot moves across the linkage. It wouldn't be worth it, but you and your "associate" (what the fuck could that mean?) probably wouldhave a great time, having associates and rapid insertion and all.

#266360 Nerf Marauder Longsword Reinforcement

Posted by CA13 on 21 February 2010 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

Only way that I see foam weapons useful is to use them for barricading purposes. Pool noodles between narrow spaces (like doorways, etc.) and noodles assembled in civil war-styled palisades (that would operate on a one-touch one-kill basis) are actually good if you are in intense Defend the Core matches. These swords are completely useless only if they are used in one game: Dueling.

Everyone gets 2 shots in a single loading pistol and a sword. All darts must be loaded from the muzzle (no breeches, couplers utilized here) to make the pistols cumbersome. Everyone starts with someone near them (their own dueling "opponent"). The round starts, and shots are fired, then frantic swordfighting, etc. ensues.

It can be played as an ongoing free for all with the last man standing, or at larger wars made into brackets where you get one dart per match. This is the only gametype where melee is useful.

#266088 Why I Love Nerf

Posted by CA13 on 19 February 2010 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I just think the purest Nerf weaponry is anything that can launch darts with a max range of 40 feet and 4 darts per "load". I hate the longshot, hate the +bow (mostly aesthetics and ergonomics) and I really wish Nerf had stopped at the maverick. It was the last gun they had tried not to make some "tactical" shit out of, just a fucking crazy revolver that looked like a mix between every sci-fi movie prop gun. I really wish Nerf could try to release retro blasters (like they had done with the Super-Soaker line last year) and kept the "tactical" shit out of the equation, for the airsoft kids who are compensating for something. Fuck, why do they even try? I think if they made guns and used their own promotional line (like SuperMAXX) slaying dragons with foam darts and shit, they could attract more people rather than turning Nerf (albeit inherently) into a competitive sport.

#266067 Persuader

Posted by CA13 on 19 February 2010 - 08:12 PM in Homemades

Dude, this would be FRICKING Effeminate if you played outside and got to be a loser.I would love to see a vid of someone getting shot from 50+ ft. away by that thing.

No. Stupid, did you learn everything in life from Call of Duty?

#264847 The Lab, By Split

Posted by CA13 on 09 February 2010 - 07:34 PM in Homemades

Are the spikes on the top integral to the design? I liked the concept, but it seems confusing and wonky to use in a battle. Not to ask too much, but could you post a video? Thanks.

#264765 Home-rigged Vertical Lathe

Posted by CA13 on 08 February 2010 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

I'm talking 'bout the ones that have the same torque as pneumatic wrenches. Also you should rig it horizontally, and find some skateboard bearings for the other side of the chuck. I remember I made one of these with some bolted together angle iron, but I couldn't get it up high enough for woodturning.

If you need something better, try finding an electric motor from a washer/ dryer at a local surplus shop. Those things are fucking cake.