earl the bunny's Content

There have been 37 items by earl the bunny (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#49174 Alternative Projectile Choices

Posted by earl the bunny on 09 March 2005 - 09:55 PM in Homemades

You have to search for the right size barrel material

3/4" CPVC works great for normal paintballs so I assume it would work well with those foam paintballs.

#46994 Homemade Mac 11

Posted by earl the bunny on 07 February 2005 - 07:03 PM in Homemades

Paintball regulators use different threads called ASA threads. To make a sure leakproof connection, you will need to buy a ASA adaptor or verticle adaptor, which changes the threads to 1/8" NPT. They cost around $15 However, you can probably get away with screwing it into a 1/2" NPT coupling with using some epoxy.

http://www.spudfiles...o/co2_setup.php explains about different co2 setups.

#42016 Regulators

Posted by earl the bunny on 18 November 2004 - 06:21 PM in Homemades

My backpack can hold 180 PSI in water pressure, but I am scared to go that high with air pressure.

The most I have put into it is 100 PSI.

#41933 Regulators

Posted by earl the bunny on 17 November 2004 - 07:23 PM in Homemades

All that is missing is the high pressure backpack

Already been done

Tank out of backpack

Tank in backpack

I used a $10 regulator from Harbor Freight which can regulate the pressure from up to 160 PSI.

#41553 First Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 12 November 2004 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

You should try using less pressure, like maybe 20-30 PSI. That way it will be safer and more reliable. Sometimes too much pressure isn't a good thing.

#39929 Towards A Reliable Fully Auto Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 26 October 2004 - 07:22 PM in Homemades

You can find some pressure rated 1/2" wyes at plumbingsupply.com.

Here is a link directly to the wyes.

#36793 Quad Barrel Titan W/scout

Posted by earl the bunny on 09 September 2004 - 07:21 PM in Modifications

My friend has a shot gun barrel like that on his homemade shotgun. He has 3 acrylic barrels that are 1 ft long in 1 1/4" pvc. He loads 3 darts in each of the barrels and gets awsome spread.

Maybe i'll ask hime to post some pictures and videos.

#36625 Petg Tubing

Posted by earl the bunny on 07 September 2004 - 09:31 PM in General Nerf

You can get some 1/2" ID 5/8" OD PETG tubing for $0.61 a foot at http://www.mcmaster.com. Item # 9245K25 or go to raw materials (botttom right), then plastics, then hollow rods, than 1/2" ID 5/8" OD, then polyester

#36623 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by earl the bunny on 07 September 2004 - 09:20 PM in Off Topic

Heres Mine:

Posted Image

#36575 Solenoid Valve Help

Posted by earl the bunny on 07 September 2004 - 12:18 AM in Homemades

Modifying the solenoid valve will increase the preformance of the valve by a lot and will allow you to place the air compressor/blow gun valve and where you want with some tubing.

How It Works:

In a soleniod valve there are three places for air. The tank, the barrel, and the air that is going to be released into the atmosphere. Some of the air in the tank will leak through a calibrated leek into the air that is going to be released. When the pressure is dropped from the the pressure to be released, the air in the tank is putting force on the seal of the diaphram, trying to exit through the opening. when the seal is broken the air will be released into the barrel.

#36030 Blow Gun Valves

Posted by earl the bunny on 31 August 2004 - 07:36 PM in Homemades

I have used them for an exhaust for my spud gun but now i am working on making semi-auto pistols using them as a main valve.

#35932 New Valve

Posted by earl the bunny on 30 August 2004 - 11:47 PM in Homemades

They are commonly called blowgun valves and they don't have good airflow. The only use I found for them is as an exhaust/pilot valve for a piston/diaphram/solenoid valve.

You can get these for $2 when they are on sale.

#35931 Blow Gun Valves

Posted by earl the bunny on 30 August 2004 - 11:43 PM in Homemades

They are commonly called blowgun valves and they don't have good airflow. The only use I found for them is as an exhaust/pilot valve for a piston/diaphram/solenoid valve.

You can get these for $2 when they are on sale.

Edit: I'm really sorry, I meant just to post a reply to another topic here.

#27590 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by earl the bunny on 02 June 2004 - 08:31 PM in Homemades

It only holds 3 because if I made it 4 the air tank would be huge.

In case you were woundering, the endcap on the top is missing because I needed to use it for another gun. It will get replaced soon

#27558 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by earl the bunny on 02 June 2004 - 05:42 PM in Homemades

I have succesfully made 3DBBQ's blue streak 4 (pic Here) and his barrel system actually works. I have already started a semi-auto pistal (I thought of the same design as you except an acrylic barrel instead of brass) with a backpack and have plans for an automatic turret.

#27313 Arsenals

Posted by earl the bunny on 31 May 2004 - 11:33 AM in General Nerf

Heres my Arsenal

Working Guns

1. Max shot (brassed)
2. Air tech 2000 (brassed)
3. Air tech 3000 (PETG)
4. Blastfire (PETG)
5. Night finder (brass)
6. Lots of homemades (including an almost complete boltsniper gun, 3DBBQ sword, 3DBBQ blue streak 4, and some others of my own)
7. SM1500 old (unmodded)

Guns in parts

1. Tech target
2. RF20
3. SS1

#26955 Acrylic Tubing

Posted by earl the bunny on 24 May 2004 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

Well, my foam has a perfect fit in the acrylic tubing. My foam must be a little smaller than usual.

#26897 I Have A Question

Posted by earl the bunny on 24 May 2004 - 06:06 PM in Homemades

Usually, sprinkler valves use all the air in one shot. However if you modify your sprinkler valve to have pneumatic actuation like on spudtech.com (click on components then sprinkler valve) you can squeeze the trigger very fast and then again. You will have a high power shot then a low powered one.

I have done this to my incomplete homemade. pic here.

The spudtech website is down now but it might be up again later.

#26139 Acrylic Barrel

Posted by earl the bunny on 13 May 2004 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

I think that the results were about as good as brass or PETG but I am not sure because I never measered the range of either of them. I could not see a real difference, but it sure is better than paying 1.25-2.50 a foot.

There is one downside to these barrels that i forgot to mention before. The barrels are very brittle and can crack easily. My friend's barrel cracked when he dropped it.

#25966 Jspb-blue Streak4 , Reload Fast!

Posted by earl the bunny on 12 May 2004 - 06:25 PM in Homemades

No, I am pretty sure he uses micros with a 3/8" pvc barrel as shown on the Blue Streak 3 flash video. That size is uncommon here but it must be more common in Taiwan.

You can order it from http://www.usplastic.com or http://www.mcmaster.com

#25899 Acrylic Barrel

Posted by earl the bunny on 11 May 2004 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

While searching for a barrel for nerf balls, I discovered this acrylic barrel material at Tap Plastics. I was in a rush and only bought 1 foot and so far it has worked great with my homemade. The price is extremely cheap compared to brass and PETG at only $2.50 for 6 feet! It has a 5/8" OD and 1/16" wall so that makes a perfect 1/2" ID. It is also much more strong and easy to cut than PETG. Like brass, the sizes fit perfectly together.

If you can't find a Tap Plastics near you, you can order online at http://www.tapplastics.com

The link to the acrylic tubes is here.

At the store the people are very friendly. They gave me a green, 4' peice of nerf ball barrel, 1' of micro fitting barrel, and 1' of mega fitting barrel, all for free.

#22956 Homemade Rifle

Posted by earl the bunny on 30 March 2004 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

If you are going for 100-150 ft, I would probably pump your gun up to around 150 PSI. Although you shouldn't go that high if you are using a PVC ball valve (rated to 150 PSI). If you are using a PVC ball valve go to about 120-140 PSI

My gun can hold 400 PSI (brass ball valve) and I get around the ranges you are expecting with 150-160 PSI.

#15372 Foam Backer Rod

Posted by earl the bunny on 01 January 2004 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

Actually 1/2" FBR is for micros and 5/8" is for megas

#15369 My 2nd Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 31 December 2003 - 11:45 PM in Homemades

You put the stock on your right shoulder, your right hand on the ball valve, and your left hand on the handle.

#15364 My 2nd Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 31 December 2003 - 10:06 PM in Homemades

This is my second homemade and i think it turned out really well. It has a brass ball valve and its maximum pressure is 400 psi but i doubt ill pump it past 120. It fits my body really well and is comfortable. I still have to spray paint it, put electrical tape on some spots and put in a telescoping brass barrel. Also if the tire valve starts leaking, the end cap is threaded so i can take it off and fix it.

Here are the pictures.

#10117 My First Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 21 September 2003 - 12:02 PM in Homemades

my dad got the pump at a yard sale for a buck. My friends got a similer one at osh (i thnk it was osh). it is wider and shorter but harder to pump. oh and i took the rings off. im thinken about redoing the barrel but i dont know how to do shells (good thing i didn't glue the barrel on).

#10073 My First Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 20 September 2003 - 09:04 PM in Homemades

there is more then one so scroll down.

EDIT: I resized the pictures and make links to the bigger ones. now it should be easier to look at.

#10070 My First Homemade

Posted by earl the bunny on 20 September 2003 - 08:39 PM in Homemades

this is my first homemade and i wanted to see how people liked it (its a standard ball valve homemade). The pics are really huge and good quality so it may take some time to load. It goes about 70 feet flat with 10 pumps (i used my steps to measure because i dont have a long measuring tape). The red rings are just decoration.

whoops i forgot to put the link. here it is

#6321 Blastfire Pump Mod

Posted by earl the bunny on 30 June 2003 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

what is sig?

#6276 Blastfire Pump Mod

Posted by earl the bunny on 30 June 2003 - 11:03 AM in Modifications

i dont get why it messes it up if you plug the pump

#6222 Blastfire Pump Mod

Posted by earl the bunny on 29 June 2003 - 11:09 AM in Modifications

i do remember the box and you could see it without opening it
(i remember cause i got it from ebay recently

#6184 Blastfire Pump Mod

Posted by earl the bunny on 28 June 2003 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

the blastfire mod on this page this page says it messes your gun up if you plug up the pump on the new blastfires.
how do you tell apart the new and the old blastfires and does it mess it up if you have an old blastfire?

#5880 Lanard Triple Shot

Posted by earl the bunny on 21 June 2003 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

cause i dont know if i should buy max shot or triple shot

#5743 Brass Or Pvc

Posted by earl the bunny on 17 June 2003 - 11:42 AM in Modifications

i noticed some pages used brass and others used pvc. wich is better?

#5699 Sm1500 Mod

Posted by earl the bunny on 15 June 2003 - 09:35 AM in Modifications

my friend blew his air tank on his 1500 and i dont want to blow mine so what is the maximum pumps i should do?

#5674 Where Do You Buy X-treme Max Shot

Posted by earl the bunny on 14 June 2003 - 08:45 AM in General Nerf

thanks

#5664 Where Do You Buy X-treme Max Shot

Posted by earl the bunny on 13 June 2003 - 02:36 PM in General Nerf

i saw it on the mod section and i wanted to buy one but i dont know where to look or how much they are