elf avec gun's Content

There have been 458 items by elf avec gun (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#281580 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by elf avec gun on 29 July 2010 - 10:53 AM in Nerf Wars

Bummer, I so enjoyed the freaked look on people's face when I charged straight toward them as they struggled to reload their oversized over powered 'looooser'rifle. The visualization of the flight or flight mech as they scamper, then me sprinting in and tapping them on the back with a nf. Such joy.
I think that so long as the aspects of the game that were added by blocking with mantarays or sneaking up and ninja-ing others from behind are adequately replaced I won't miss um too much. We'll see :)

#281517 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by elf avec gun on 28 July 2010 - 06:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I will voice support of having it Minnetonka. I like only having to drive 15ish minutes. I like this idea quite a bit in fact.
Put me on-board as a strong maybe.
I've been out of the game for awhile; could someone tell me what I missed out on that caused the no barrel-taps and no shield rules?

#252096 Chano 2.5 - Now Recapping

Posted by elf avec gun on 29 September 2009 - 01:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Unfortunately I am out for this one I went running the other day and screwed up my leg pretty bad.

#251120 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 20 September 2009 - 11:21 PM in Nerf Wars

As someone who has run around with a double NF and a side arm for the last three wars I have been at I must say that I am very glad that a few other people are realizing how ridiculously dumb it is to have basically everyone taking pot shots from behind trees on opposite sides of a field. There is no sport in that, only stupidity and pain. I also agree with the idea of some how penalizing people who shoot people with their how powered long range air guns from 10 to 20 feet away. I suggest we break off their appendages starting with the thumbs and progressing their little tic tac sized pride sticks.

Something else that really irked me to the core was when the little kids came up and were asking us questions about nerf guns and how to do easy mods and such: it was during the round of powerball I sat out and the little guys were being so polite and curious. I don't remember who it was but someone storms up into the pagoda dishing out f-bombs left and right at the kids for picking up one of their toys to look at, pushing them around and the like. It is one thing to come over and ask them not to touch your guns, it is quite another to be a grade A dick wad to them. A little civility and maturity would have been a little more acceptable. I agree with Julian, the "machismo" was way out of line and out of hand, you aren't making up for your lack of a manhood by cussing out little children.

ANYWAYS... Happy stuff:

~Thank you Ryan for the lift and the plusbow.
~Erik from Mound: so nice to meet another Erik who knows how to spell their name correctly. I had a blast nerfing with you.

#250895 A New Name For Nerf "wars"

Posted by elf avec gun on 19 September 2009 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

Sociologically based physics experiments.

#250829 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 19 September 2009 - 08:19 AM in Nerf Wars

CRAPCRAPCRAP! So Ryan gave PMed me a wrong cell number to call so I could get a ride from him. I am basically going to sit here hoping that someone checks this site before the war today who is willing to give me a lift.

Huzzah! Emergency over.

#250712 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 17 September 2009 - 05:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright so here's what's up: my roommate whom I was planning on using to get to langford park and would have been attending also is super absent minded and it ends up that he has some stupid ROTC thing all day saturday. SO my attendance is dependent upon one of you guys being able to pick me up and drop me off after. It isn't super out of the way, the college I am at is just off of Snelling av in Arden Hills St. Paul. SO yea sucks that it comes down to this and that I am giving such short notice but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

#249557 Chano 2.5 - Now Recapping

Posted by elf avec gun on 04 September 2009 - 12:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Pending a carpool with someone else to get down there, I will make it!

#249465 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 03 September 2009 - 12:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Are there things to use as obstacles there, or would we need to make pvc-cloth ones ourselves?

And it is looking like I will be bringing one maybe two other people with me for the 19th day war!

#248986 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 29 August 2009 - 09:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Seriously guys, Switch to Chrome...

#248952 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 28 August 2009 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I agree, it was nice to play at a place which allowed for non-linear strategy. I vote Langford.

#248776 Make A Scout-crossfire!

Posted by elf avec gun on 27 August 2009 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

Wouldn't it just be easier to drill a little hole through the back of the original crossfire slide and make a little wire loop?

#248635 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 26 August 2009 - 10:39 AM in Nerf Wars

I personally have grown tired of Highland and would be up for a change of locations...

#248609 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 25 August 2009 - 11:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Use Chrome.

#248510 Chicago Showdown 2: The Recap

Posted by elf avec gun on 25 August 2009 - 09:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I ran a ton of people down with my magstrike, but I was always on Ryan's team. I think I got more kills than deaths, especially in the CTF rounds, but my friends got destroyed. Well, they told their friends, and I now have about 6 new nerfers who might come to chicago area wars.

Are you going to be at chano 3? if so, I look forward to playing with you.

#248495 Addition To Jamz Pvc Bladder

Posted by elf avec gun on 25 August 2009 - 12:44 AM in Modifications

This has been discussed before but to the best of my knowledge there hasn't been a thread about it...

The problem I can foresee arising has to do with the seal. What is to prevent the, for lack of a better way of putting it, plunger head from tilting and breaking seal? You would need to have the spring be perfectly centered.

#248399 Chicago Showdown 2: The Recap

Posted by elf avec gun on 24 August 2009 - 01:59 PM in Nerf Wars

edit: Hit the wrong button.

#248387 Chicago Showdown 2: The Recap

Posted by elf avec gun on 24 August 2009 - 11:37 AM in Nerf Wars

-Me being on the winning team every round. No joke.

I would have thought you would be used to that by now... people need to learn that they need to hire a long legged gangly creature to run you down with a magstrike... like I do :P

#248213 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 22 August 2009 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Put us as a maybe, this will be a test of parental trust. They might be a little ways out of town (Southwest MN for the day) so I really don't know. If we could we'd bring the party... Tators/Gage. Now, off to think of what weapons to throw together. Oh, and anyone want a TTG for $6? I need cash to rebuild my SGSL. Then I need more to paint it. Dang eternal cycles.

Would it help if I talked to your parents? Just putting it out there...

#248122 District 9

Posted by elf avec gun on 22 August 2009 - 01:10 PM in Off Topic

The halo movie is in the hands of Spielberg.

read...

http://405th.com/for...showtopic=20023

And then Microsoft still said "No"

#248054 District 9

Posted by elf avec gun on 21 August 2009 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

As sick as District 9 looks they were gonna make a Halo movie instead and decided not to. District 9 is cool but I bet halo would've been cooler.

You do realize that they only did this after the Halo movie lost funding right?

#247762 September Mnno 09'

Posted by elf avec gun on 20 August 2009 - 12:35 AM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make it if I either convince my roommate to come or I get a pick up from someone else. Oh and I will be living in St. Paul during the school year. Arden hills to be specific...

#247728 Question For Winter

Posted by elf avec gun on 19 August 2009 - 09:42 PM in General Nerf

And be prepared to lose most or all of your darts if there is snow...

#247719 Tfs-semi

Posted by elf avec gun on 19 August 2009 - 09:06 PM in Homemades

Do people consider Captain Slug's backpack tank war-legal? Because it seems like it'd be about equivalent as we could get to a prepressurized LPA tank, like the one the TFS uses.

That is different because it requires the user to wear a large cumbersome cylinder on their back.

#247478 Short N' Simple:the Big Blast

Posted by elf avec gun on 18 August 2009 - 01:34 PM in Modifications

I don't think the mods will appreciate you taking up unnecessary server space with this...

#247419 Dcit

Posted by elf avec gun on 17 August 2009 - 09:08 PM in Homemades

Awesome job guys. Could we get some more pictures? maybe a write up...

#247270 Left-handed Drum/clip Mod

Posted by elf avec gun on 16 August 2009 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

Anyone else think the drum looks better on the raider this way?

#247084 Toy Armor Made Into Manta Style Shield.

Posted by elf avec gun on 14 August 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Ok I get it now... sorry I had a break from nerf for about a year and missed some stuff. Still working to catch up.

Now we just need to work on getting these to be legal at our wars.

#247073 Toy Armor Made Into Manta Style Shield.

Posted by elf avec gun on 14 August 2009 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

Why did you bend it so far?

And how thick is the plastic? say, as compared with a nerf gun's.

#247051 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 14 August 2009 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

As is mine... sorry didn't really make that clear in the last post.

#247034 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 14 August 2009 - 02:13 PM in Nerf Wars

If we go by the previous poll it would be the 10th.

#247026 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 14 August 2009 - 01:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Should we have a vote on which day to have the pre war then?

And I don't know about the firefly round. I would rather not have to buy a gun just for this...

#246822 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 12 August 2009 - 11:10 PM in Nerf Wars

The date change might make it so I can't come. Don't know for sure though... the 10th just worked really well.

#246608 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 06:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Janga, for the engineering building the idea of having it on Sundays was so that we wouldn't have to pay for parking.

And, we are all using smaller darts now.

#246570 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 12:40 PM in Nerf Wars

So I was looking at my school calender and I apparently have a fall break starting on the 9th, what do everyones schedules look like then?

#246556 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 11:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Unless you stop to go pee pee every 30 mins, it's going to be a 12 hr round trip from St Paul to Chicago, and about $90 per car.

Where and at what time did you guys start? I have driven from Minneapolis to downtown Chicago in about 9. I have a friend I go to school with who lives in the burbs of Chicago and he made it back to school in about 5 hours (he was going 70-80 most of the way and by some ungodly miracle managed to make it through Wisconsin without getting a ticket...)

Edit: and then I realized you said *round trip* my bad.

#246553 Break In

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 11:17 AM in Off Topic

But Zorn, he said he was a black guy. A big black guy. Ah, black guys are scary... I'm scared now. AHHHH, a black guy might find out where I live.

Clearly it was Zorn on stilts with a mask on...

#246526 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 12:22 AM in Nerf Wars

How crowded is this place during the school year? because if it isn't too bad, I think we may have found ourselves a winter location...

It is more crowded during the school year, but is relatively dead during weekends. I agree that it may turn out to be a great winter location. I would suggest not using it until there's snow on the ground, so we don't wear out our welcome.

Yea, definitely save it until we have a good number of people... But I was just thinking how it is only like 10-15 minutes away from my school and I could probably find some guys who would also want to come...

#246524 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 12:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Snake and I have offered to host people. I'm sure other people would be more than willing as well.

Eric, that can be arranged, but it will probably be before that weekend. I'll be up in Minnesota in September.

What did you mean by it would probably be before that weekend?

What are you coming up for?

Oh and not a big deal but my name is actually spelled with a k, not a c.

#246521 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by elf avec gun on 11 August 2009 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

How crowded is this place during the school year? because if it isn't too bad, I think we may have found ourselves a winter location...