The Shadow's Content

There have been 131 items by The Shadow (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#142422 Nyc Area Sites/wars

Posted by The Shadow on 24 February 2008 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Wars aren't common in the city, they're usually hosted in the towns with parks and open woods.

#142267 Life Without A Dremel?

Posted by The Shadow on 23 February 2008 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

This is correct. I don't even own a rotary tool anymore. I can accomplish the same tasks with wire cutters, hand files, X-acto knives, and if needed some stone grinding bits in my drill press.
I'm of the opinion that dremels are just not very cost effective and make simple tasks more time-consuming and hazardous than they need to be. Plastics should be cut with sharped toothed blades, not abrasive cutting bits or sanding drums.

For everything else there's the scroll saw. Out of all of the tools I have access to I probably use it the most.

I understand your point but, I speak for myself when I say this, I know that I can't afford a drill press and if i could I definatly would've taken it over a dremel. I think that its a good tool to have for doing a lot of basic mods. If your doing heavy-duty homemade mods or even mods to guns, it is better to have some better equipment.

#142227 At3k Problem

Posted by The Shadow on 23 February 2008 - 02:47 PM in General Nerf

Check for leaks, or you could make a bigger tank (PVC with a PVC end-cap).

#142074 Rf 20

Posted by The Shadow on 22 February 2008 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

So, you basically made a topic about how your going to get a gun?

#141974 Big Blast W/mav Turret

Posted by The Shadow on 22 February 2008 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

Ranges are about the same as a normally modded big blast

#141927 Straightening At2k Barrels

Posted by The Shadow on 22 February 2008 - 03:25 AM in Modifications

If you use nitefinder ammo holders and kind of make a diamond shaped thing out of them with the barrels. I don't know if it'll work with a 2k though.

#141925 Big Blast W/mav Turret

Posted by The Shadow on 22 February 2008 - 02:52 AM in Modifications

So I posted a topic awhile ago about this, and a few people asked me to do a write-up, and I apoligize for the delay and to any administrator/moderator/overbearer who reads this, I hope it do this to your liking, this is my first write-up. Thanks to Forsaken_Angel24 for showing me how to resize pictures. So unto the mod...

Parts needed:
-Big Blast
-Super Glue
-Hot glue + Gun
-PETG
-Maverick turret with all parts to it (including the long rod thing that holds it together)
-Dremel (with grinding bit)
-Patience

First off, this is what you'll be making...
Posted Image

So really the only hard part of all this is actually getting the turret on there. Once you've got it on just coupler/pump-plug mod it and you're done. So first you need this part from the maverick...
Posted Image

And to show where it is on the maverick, it should be in the center hole on a normal Maverick...
Posted Image

Now if you look down the barrel you can see the little barrels inside the turret have been cut away/dremeled so the PETG fits...
Posted Image

So here's what a normal turret looks like, and then taken apart into three sections...
Posted Image
Posted Image

So take this part of the turret and hacksaw/dremel it off. Try to make it as clean as possible, if not just sand it down till its all flat...
Posted Image

Now this is the part where you need a dremel. Grind out those holes until you can fit PETG through it...
Posted Image

Now do the same thing to this part of the turret with the exception that you want to make hole in the bottom of each part of the turret. You want the PETG to fit tightly in it...
Posted Image

And what it should look like at the end...
Posted Image

Now do that six more times and then put a piece of PVC in the coupler and dremel it down so that the PETG fits because it won't go in otherwise. Also don't forget the Metal rod that holds the turret together...
Posted Image

Honestly I wouldn't use this gun in a war, like I said it was more a concept. However use it to your liking. thw whole process took about an hour. You can decide how long you want your barrels to be. Basically you just twist the turret and push in another barrel, pump, and fire. Enjoy!

~Shadow~

#141894 Gun Names

Posted by The Shadow on 22 February 2008 - 01:04 AM in General Nerf

Seriously? I mean, I already die inside a bit when someone sticks 4 pounds of hot glue and a piece of cpvc to ANYTHING and decides to name it, but now we have to get permission across the interwub to use a made up gun name for our random 4 pounds of hot glue mod? This just seems extraordinarily lame. Fail with an extra side of retarded on the side.

That being said, I reserve full rights to... let see, Werewolf Thunder is the most retarded name I can come up with off the top of my head. I'll sue you and come kick your door in with a home invasion crew if you use my name. And cry.

Agreed. Honestly, I don't see a reason to name a nerf gun. I can see this thread going down quick but I could be wrong.

#141855 Oldie But A Goodie

Posted by The Shadow on 21 February 2008 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

I've heard of the Switchshot line, but never seen a mod for it. Good job. Also, I see some open space near the bottom-right portion of the gun for a possible integration.

#141851 Common Repairs

Posted by The Shadow on 21 February 2008 - 10:54 PM in Modifications

I Know that this might not be coherent to the topic but, thank you for puting this up. Now I can fix most of my broken air guns. Thanks a lot.

Slightly off topic, do you guys think we need a sticky topic in modifications about how to repair various common (and maybe not so common) problems with blasters? It might really cut down on the number of "How Can I Fix This" threads, and it would also be a great resource to have everybody's repair experience in one place. Just a thought.

Yes I think that would be most helpful, especially to newcomers to nerf that screwed up their first modifications.

~Shadow~

#141530 Rfr

Posted by The Shadow on 20 February 2008 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

Depends on the gun, barrel lengths should vary between each gun because each gun has its own amount of power that it can get out of it. For the future you might want to post a link to the mod or photos of your problem.

#141092 Ls

Posted by The Shadow on 18 February 2008 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Pictures would help but good job anyway.

#140074 Big Blast With Integrated Mav Turret

Posted by The Shadow on 13 February 2008 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

Write up to come soon, its going to be tough though because I might need a fresh Big Blast.

#140068 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by The Shadow on 13 February 2008 - 09:12 PM in General Nerf

The original orange first shot

#139773 Big Blast With Integrated Mav Turret

Posted by The Shadow on 12 February 2008 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

PointBlank Posted Today, 01:44 PM
So you turn the maverick's barrel by hand?

Yeah pretty much

#139744 Big Blast With Integrated Mav Turret

Posted by The Shadow on 12 February 2008 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

That's pretty sharp. Does it shoot all six darts at once, or does the turret turn? It looks from the picture like it turns. What are the ranges like? It looks cool but you didn't really give very much information about it. And are those Firefly Glow Darts in the turret? What size PETG do you have that they fit in?

No it doesn't shoot all of them at once, like I said in the Modifications Pictures Thread, I needed a gun that combines long ranges as well as a faster reloading time. The turret does turn and you just push each barrel into the Pvc in the coupler(originally it was just going to be like a normal Big Blast with a single barrel but then this came up). Basically its like a Big Blast with six barrels, so it gets about the same ranges as any normal. pump-plugged, gun. No there are no Firefly darts in it, if you look at the second picture their is duct tape at the end of each barrel, making it more snug in each of the Mav turret barrels. PETG size is the same as OMC's 1/2" I believe.

#139741 Big Blast With Integrated Mav Turret

Posted by The Shadow on 12 February 2008 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

So I know I said I was going to wait for people's opinion's but I got bored and thought i might as well post it. Again sorry about the big pictures.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#139740 Disk Shot Vs Nite Finder?

Posted by The Shadow on 12 February 2008 - 01:05 PM in General Nerf

They are both very similar but I believe in my own experience (I own both) that the Nitefinder is just a bit more powerful. However the disk shot is smaller and therefore easier to carry, I think its a term of preferance in regards to whether you like the look of the gun or not because they're practically the same thing. I'm not speaking for everyone just myself. I also think the disk shot is more durable than the Nitefinder but I could be wrong.

#139739 Ecno

Posted by The Shadow on 12 February 2008 - 01:02 PM in Nerf Wars

QUOTE(The Shadow @ Feb 10 2008, 12:04 PM)
NO WALKING BACKWARDS
Don't go in any holes

I can atone for that, basically if you fall into a hole your screwed.

Maybe we should or Rambo should start getting a head count for this?

So glad you could aid my efforts by posting if you're coming or not.

Unfortunatly its not my decision, z80 and a few others have the final say in whether we're going to attend or not, I myself can attend.

#139692 Btg And Rf100

Posted by The Shadow on 11 February 2008 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

That looks rather uncomfterable, but I guess whatever works for you. If i might make a suggestion, I'd say see if you can minimize the RF20 even more than that i think it'd be easier to hold. Just putin it out there.

#139548 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by The Shadow on 10 February 2008 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

Just finished it yesterday, broke it, then fixed it...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Sorry about the big pictures

I was hoping to maybe do a write-up but I wanted to see what ya'll thought of it first.
The basic idea behind it was to make a gun that could fire long distance and also have quick loading capabilities, I was getting tired of carrying like 20 extra barrels in my back pocket. The only downside I can think of is relaoding all the barrels.

#139467 Ecno

Posted by The Shadow on 10 February 2008 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

NO WALKING BACKWARDS
Don't go in any holes

I can atone for that, basically if you fall into a hole your screwed.

Maybe we should or Rambo should start getting a head count for this?

#123806 Sept. 30 Battle For New York

Posted by The Shadow on 21 September 2007 - 09:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Even though its my own clan hosting, I can't make it, sorry to those who care.

#122271 Longshot Paintjobs

Posted by The Shadow on 06 September 2007 - 09:07 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image

#121905 National Geo Gun "umbrella Gun"

Posted by The Shadow on 02 September 2007 - 12:40 AM in Modifications

I can dual wield it with a 12" inch barrel anymore than that and i would have to drop my beloved maxshot named Casey.

#121819 Be Honest

Posted by The Shadow on 31 August 2007 - 11:12 PM in Off Topic

-Girlfriend
-Hopefully another umbrella gun
-School stuff

#121730 Dobule Shot Opened Up

Posted by The Shadow on 31 August 2007 - 11:50 AM in Modifications

For the future use the search button to find stuff like this. Usually you will find stuff like this that has already been posted.

#121636 National Geo Gun "umbrella Gun"

Posted by The Shadow on 30 August 2007 - 01:21 PM in Modifications

it doesn't fit, on it directly because its got these edge thing on it which prevent you from glueing it directly onto the plunger tube if that makes sense. With the BBB plunger tube you have a flatter surface to glue on the coupler.

#121560 National Geo Gun "umbrella Gun"

Posted by The Shadow on 29 August 2007 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

I first want to say that this gun is AWESOME. Right now I dual wield it along with my maxshot and have gotten countless kills with it already. To attach a coupler you take a BBB plunger tube and glue it on the edges, then glue a coupler to that, for a barrel I used about 12' of CPVC nested inside PVC.
Posted Image

#120708 Concept For Longshot Mod

Posted by The Shadow on 21 August 2007 - 10:50 PM in Modifications

Not exactly sure what you mean but have you tried searching for it?

#120526 What Happens When You Have A Lbb And A Big Salvo Lying Around?

Posted by The Shadow on 20 August 2007 - 02:03 PM in Modifications

That's pretty cool, but why did this needs its own topic? I'm not trying to bash you, but this should probably have been posted in the mod picture thread.

How is the grip on it? It looks rather uncomfortable to hold.

Pineapple said he didn't want comments posted in the Modifications/paintjobs thread unless they were absolutely neccesary.

I just deleted three PAGES of idle comments and chit chat. People come here to look at pictures of blasters, not your comments. PLEASE try to restrain yourselves from adding comments unless they're absolutely necessary. Modders/ painters, make a separate thread for your gun if you feel your modification is significant. I stopped deleting at page 52 because I just don't have the energy to do it.

I wanted opinions on my gun so I made a topic for it, so that Admins. and Mods. don't have to clean up uneccesary posts and comments.

The grip itself is easy enough to handle. Basically you hold the LBB and the Salvo trigger, thats all there is to it.

#120454 Hershfest

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Currently we are trying to get people together but if we do go don't expect us to have as many as we normally would.

#120429 What Happens When You Have A Lbb And A Big Salvo Lying Around?

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 02:46 PM in Modifications

Well see, I hold both triggers with both of my hands, so I think a keyring wouldn't make a difference.
Any idea how I can attach the pump of the lbb to the big salvo as well?

#120421 Happy Birthday Ompa!

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

Hapy-day-you-came-into-this-world

#120420 What Happens When You Have A Lbb And A Big Salvo Lying Around?

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 02:05 PM in Modifications

How would I make a key ring fit in the trigger?

#120384 What Happens When You Have A Lbb And A Big Salvo Lying Around?

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 03:32 AM in Modifications

The internals are left the same on both guns, all I did was glue tem together, thats it.

#120378 What Happens When You Have A Lbb And A Big Salvo Lying Around?

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 03:07 AM in Modifications

Not really, im planning to though

#120376 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 02:59 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

#120375 What Happens When You Have A Lbb And A Big Salvo Lying Around?

Posted by The Shadow on 19 August 2007 - 02:57 AM in Modifications

So I got bored tonight and found my LBB and Big Salvo lying around an deceided to do something with them. I'd give more of an explanation but its 4:00 in the morning so more details tommorow. I present...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Comments, Criticism, Praises?

#120361 Air Gun Help.

Posted by The Shadow on 18 August 2007 - 10:52 PM in General Nerf

You might as well just make a tank for it, its a lot less time consuming, and not that hard to make overall. Just take a piece of PVC and an endcap and glume them together then glue the whole thing until the air tank.