echo104b's Content

There have been 68 items by echo104b (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#133077 Possible War At University Of Maryland

Posted by echo104b on 19 December 2007 - 03:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in. I'll be coming with G1Shark. I'm the "Overboard Modder" that he was talking about. I'll try to bring my tamer guns for this if you prefer it, otherwise, I'm bringing my powerhouses.

And G1Shark's Flags are very sturdy. we've used them for Juggernaut games (person who is "it" gets a flag and nothing else. however, it takes 5 shots from one person to take The "It" guy out. "it" guy gets to use the flag as a melee weapon and one hit kills) They can take quite the beating, I've been on the receiving end on more than one occasion.

We'd prefer you bring a range of weaker and stronger guns, as the HvZ flash game in particular can get dangerous if you shoot at point blank with "powerhouses," and with this type of game, you WILL be shooting at point blank. For most games though, the heavy hitters will be fine as long as they would be acceptable in most nerf wars.

Sounds good to me. I've already got my lineup planned.

#133030 Possible War At University Of Maryland

Posted by echo104b on 18 December 2007 - 11:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in. I'll be coming with G1Shark. I'm the "Overboard Modder" that he was talking about. I'll try to bring my tamer guns for this if you prefer it, otherwise, I'm bringing my powerhouses.

And G1Shark's Flags are very sturdy. we've used them for Juggernaut games (person who is "it" gets a flag and nothing else. however, it takes 5 shots from one person to take The "It" guy out. "it" guy gets to use the flag as a melee weapon and one hit kills) They can take quite the beating, I've been on the receiving end on more than one occasion.

#94575 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 15 November 2006 - 09:23 PM in General Nerf

It's not that you tube doesnt like me. my internet connection is a pain in the ass. i cant upload it anywhere. I've tried Google, Putfile, Youtube, My internet is just timing out after a few mins.

it does this sometimes. my ISP is a pain in the ass.

I'll have it up tomorrow evening. I gaurantee it. :P

#94555 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 15 November 2006 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

ok. Update.

I tried to make the shooting the can video. first two shots missed. and the third shot snapped the Trigger. SO there is currently no footage of the sodacan. sorry. I did purchase a new Big Blast and replaced the trigger with just enough daylight to take the stomache shot. at the moment, Youtube doesnt like my computer. so i shall be late posting the video of it.

and BTW, it's been about 28 hours since i was shot. It STILL hurts like a bitch.

and i'm doing all this for my personal amusement. i couldnt care less if you all flame me. I find this whole battle between the believers and the non believers amusing. :P

Believers, keep up the support. non believers, keep throwing out the challenges :P

#94402 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 14 November 2006 - 12:08 AM in General Nerf

ok. so tomorrow's video will have the following in it. Shooting an EMpty sodacan from 50 feet, shooting a full sodacan (just for kicks) from 50 feet, and taking a hit to the bare stomache from 100 feet on myself.

just because i'm crazy like that. Here's hoping i dont get killed by this thing. :P

#94284 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 12 November 2006 - 08:58 PM in General Nerf

Thats exactly what i'm attemting to prove

Hopefully, my thick skin from all those paintball matches wont lessen the bruise too much.

And saying my video was edited just because it's more convienient for you if i did is immature Nerfer34.

#94272 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 12 November 2006 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

Who gives a shit. If you could hit me with it from 300ft, then we'd have something. Let's move on.

That's not the point. Most people posting here have modded a titan to shoot huge distances, why? You're not gonna use it in a war... It's for the fun of modding and trying to shoot at far as possible!

I do believe that this post has the Least Bullshit of every post i have read in this topic.

Thank you Tsunami. i couldnt have said it better myself ^_^

And as soon as i can find someone dumb enough to stand in the way of this thing while i shoot them in the stomache/ass/back/whatever, i will show you all.

in fact, i think i shall take the shot myself. I'll have someone else shoot me from 100' in the same Parking lot tuesday :) I'll even take it shirtless just to prove that it is a fresh wound.

I play Ironman paintball so this will be nothing. (play till it hurts so bad you cant play anymore)

#94212 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 11 November 2006 - 10:45 PM in General Nerf

Yes. the gun looks like it's angled. however, that is merely a trick of the camera.

The camera was positioned below the gun. this adds to the illusion that it is angled upwards. if there is an angle, it is only about 5-8 degrees. Inconsequential Definately not enough to affect the distance by 200 feet.

Look at the trees in the background. Are they moving? No. There was no wind. I gaurantee it.

While i cannot disprove your accusation that the dart may have been placed there beforehand, The fact that the barrel is blown off and sent 40 feet should be proof enough that there is a great deal of force behind this gun.

PLus why would you say it shoots 300 ft and then now it shoots 400.....?

Now you're just being a jerk... i said "Over 300 feet"

It was only edited to put some subtitles on it so you can hear what i am saying. There was no actual video splicing at all. It was one continuious shot.

#94191 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 11 November 2006 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

i'm going to answer your questions here. And debunk a few of your points. i am in no way being arrogant here. i am just trying to back up what i have just posted.

So what's the point?
i was challenged. this is my response to that challenge.

Like Forsaken, I have some pretty powerful Nerf blasters. I bet if I pumped my SM 5000 (shortened air line) eight to ten times, I could probably break 300'; ANGLED. Quite impractical for any kind of Nerf combat, but still I could prove a point. But then I wouldn't have a SM 5000 for long. That's why I only pump it twice (to get 80' ranges).

a friend of mine has a SM 5000 he wanted me to repair. he never pumps it more than 5 times and never gets more than about 110. it is an amazing gun. no doubt. one of my favorites. Wish i had one myself.

35 pumps you say?

Yup. 35 pumps

Did you do this whole shebang just to prove something? Because that BuzzBee isn't going to last long if you keep doing that. Want to be king of the hill?

I know it's not going to last long. but it's a cheap gun for so much power. so I show no remorse in burning a few out entirely.

Let's see that dart you made that's so special, since you say it's not a "normal Stefan".

It's not a stephan at all. It's a Streamline dart from the Longshot CS-6 with 2 copper bb's in the head of it.

I shot a dart at LEAST 600 feet (200 yards) into the ocean, off of my air-powered spud gun, but it was made of 1/2" SCH 40PVC pipe and e-tape, and wouldn't really qualify as a "Nerf" dart. Or even a "Nerf" blaster.

I guess it wouldnt. but 600' is amazing regardless. i must applaud you on that.

I was about to make a comment about parking space width, but Forsaken, I just went outside to measure a parking space (I have a 40 space parking lot on property) and the ones over here measure 9 feet wide. Yep, wide. So Echo may not be too far off.

Thank you Pineapple. I appreciate the help there :D

I hate to say this, dude, but I still have a hard time believing it. The video is scratchy and you could very well have planted one out there, but I'll slide it because you went through so much trouble trying to prove yourself.

I dont blame you for thinking this. but that is the highest quality i could do. my camera is a little handheld digicam with a video option. It's the best i can do. Yes i could have planted one out there. and i have no way of proving that i didnt. but you could say that about any outdoor range test video. Not making a claim, just pointing it out.

Quite arrogantly, I may add. And arrogance is something that's not very welcome here.

I'm sorry if i came off that way. but i, myself wasnt even expecting 400. i was expecting something close to 290. so i guess half of that was personal excitement. I apologize wholeheartedly.

Sheesh. The barrel blowing off says to me that you could actually get more distance with a longer, fixed barrel...there's extra power which is acting on the barrel instead of the dart. Or, it's acting like a safety...by the barrel blowing off, it vents out extra pressure and keeps your gun from exploding.

Impressive. Impractical and dangerous, but impressive.

I guess you could call it that. in fact, that makes sense. thank you for pointing that out Carbon. I'll keep that in mind for any other barrels i may make.

#94183 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 11 November 2006 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

it's a Coupler Barrel. It's supposed to come off. And i've made at least 200 shots just like this one. the only problem i've had is the trigger snapping. Easily Fixed.

The barrel isn't supposed to come off when you shoot it. Still, nice job getting ranges that good. Your darts must be a perfect fit.

yes. i agree that it's not supposed to come off, but if it does, it's not a bad thing. Normally, i hold the barrel in, why i didnt,. i dont know.

And the dart is indeed a perfect fit. Problem is, it destroys the dart afterward. 3 or 4 shots and the dart ruptures. Stephans dont perform as well as the ones i used in the video, but they last for hundreds of shots.

ANd forsaken Angel, I am 6'3" tall. those parking spaces are 3.5' longer than i am tall. (i layed down to mesaure them.) Plus the camera is at least 40 feet away. You must remember the laws of perspective. And the shot was not angled either. I attempted to keep the gun as level as possible. there may be a 5 degree angle due to human error

#94176 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 11 November 2006 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

it's a Coupler Barrel. It's supposed to come off. And i've made at least 200 shots just like this one. the only problem i've had is the trigger snapping. Easily Fixed.

#94173 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 11 November 2006 - 06:59 PM in General Nerf

Wow that is all i can say that is amazing. Pretty cool. Also what did you use for a barrle was it pvc or cpvc?

it was a 15" CPVC Barrel nested in an Inch of 1/2" PVC that fit into my 1/2" PVC Coupler thats mounted on the Tank with Hotglue and Duct tape.

#94171 I Have A Nerf Gun That Shoots Almost 400'

Posted by echo104b on 11 November 2006 - 06:49 PM in General Nerf

A few weeks ago, i made a claim that i hade a BIg Blast that shot 300'. Many people doubted me. And even told me to stop taking whatever drugs i was taking. you can see the list here. http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=7464

so i went out to prove it on the following monday... only to find out that it was windy. Very windy. it stayed that way for at least a week. After that, it was rainy. the rain kept going off and on for the next week and a half. than once it stopped rtaining, i had work. yesterday was the first time i was able to take video of my proof.

This is the result of 35 pumps on a Buzz bee Big Blast with a Barrel replacement mod.

400' shot! you HAVE to see this!

I'll prove it.

No Drugs, No Angle, Just a 2' Barrel, a Tight Fitting Dart, and 35 pumps.

Please do. I will be glad to send you $50 if you can prove to me that a Buzzbee Big Blast can shoot 300'. THREE HUNDRED FEET.

Time to eat your words :D

#93498 Plexiglass.

Posted by echo104b on 01 November 2006 - 10:14 PM in Homemades

HOme Depot

Building Materials Aisle.

#92793 Fire Fly Mod

Posted by echo104b on 23 October 2006 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

If you have a way of making it 100% secure when cocking and firing, than it should definately help :ph34r:

tho i cant see where you would attach it.

#92623 Homemade Firefly Turret

Posted by echo104b on 22 October 2006 - 05:23 PM in Homemades

I'm currently working on another method of stabalizing the turret while firing. without having to make the Face plate. Hopefully it will work as well as i think it will. It involves a section of 3 or 4 inch PVC and some Lubricant. Plus some Hotglue.

Hmmm. I look forward to seeing that.
I'm also curious to see how the CPVC works out and if it works better than the markers and glue sticks.

Well I got a faceplate on, but now I am having problems with the turret hitting the flashlight thing, so I'm going to take that out, not that it was useful anyways. I'll edit my first post with a write up on how to make the faceplate.
I haven't tested ranges yet because I haven't opened up the gun and removed the light.

Maybe we will be able to make more turrets out of some other materials, since we don't have that outer turret piece any more... Maybe cutting up a bottle or something?

It didnt work. :/ The darts dont even move when i fire the gun after i put it in.

I think that the CPVC is too Tight for this gun. I may be stepping down to the Crayola and Gluesticks as well.

Nice job on the Faceplate BTW. looks awesome :lol:

#92620 Fire Fly Help

Posted by echo104b on 22 October 2006 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

oh so thats what that loud ""Bang!" was when i opened my gun the first time. i thought it was the ammo holders... Whoops :\

#92559 My Maverick

Posted by echo104b on 21 October 2006 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

*Note to self* DO this mod. It's awesome. I've got close to 10 mavs lying around and i'm looking for something new to do with them.

#92551 Fire Fly Help

Posted by echo104b on 21 October 2006 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

My Fire Fly wont open up in the back even after you take all the screws out and I’m afraid that ill break it any suggestions?

I had this same problem. It's the Extra Ammo HOlders. they're linked to eachother inside the gun. just pull. they should come apart with a little effort. If you're affraid of breaking them, you can pull the back of the gun apart by them. Just grab each one and pull apart. they should come right apart.

If thats not the case, than you could have missed a screw. There are 3 in the butt. make sure they're all out.

#92550 Homemade Firefly Turret

Posted by echo104b on 21 October 2006 - 11:01 PM in Homemades

Ok. it's Official. This works with CPVC/PEX you just have to put a small (very small) piece of E-Tape that goes around about 1/4 of the base of the barrel to get it to stay in place. If i just fire it plainly, the darts dont even leave the barrel. However, when i Hold it up straight when firing, it gets to my wall (about 10 feet away) and hit with a good amount of force. No Drop at all. I'm currently working on another method of stabalizing the turret while firing. without having to make the Face plate. Hopefully it will work as well as i think it will. It involves a section of 3 or 4 inch PVC and some Lubricant. Plus some Hotglue.

#92388 Homemade Firefly Turret

Posted by echo104b on 21 October 2006 - 01:46 AM in Homemades

Thanks for Posting this! I too do not have a replacement Turret for my Firefly. So i'm willing to try this out. I do believe Lexan should work just fine for the front plate. It will also stabalize the barrels when you pull it out of the rubber backing. CPVC should work for this as a barrel materiel as well. I've got way more of that than Crayola markers that i can tear apart. (plus, it's cheaper) I'll give it a try and get some spare Lexan to make a Front plate. a half inch Drll bit and some Epoxy should do the trick.

:P

thanks! I'll be editing in a Link to this in my Mod!

#91993 Buzz Bee Big Blast Vs Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by echo104b on 15 October 2006 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

If you dont believe me, I'll get my Video Camera tomorrow and a 100' tape measure.

I'll prove it.

No Drugs, No Angle, Just a 2' Barrel, a Tight Fitting Dart, and 35 pumps.

#91928 Buzz Bee Big Blast Vs Lanard Blast Bazooka

Posted by echo104b on 14 October 2006 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I'd choose the Big Blast any day of the week. I've tried both. The Blast Bazooka maxes out with range at about 125 when modded correctly. (CPVC and Long Stephans) but the Big Blast has a max range of over 300 using the same mods. Of course, it destroys the dart.

if you want proof, i can get a video recorder on monday and prove it. (this is using Streamlines with BBs in the front)

One small problem however, i've burned out 3 or 4 triggers on this gun just from having 30 pumps in it. It snaps rather violently. I'm working on a way to strengthen this problem but i have yet to have any luck.

#91792 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by echo104b on 12 October 2006 - 12:35 AM in Modifications

That is Quite Possible.

You could have gotten a Faulty Firefly. WOuldnt be the first time i've seen a faulty gun.

#91128 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by echo104b on 03 October 2006 - 09:37 AM in Modifications

i honerstly dont know what i did differently. I just streched it and put it back in. But i do that with all my guns. I'll look into making a way to make the plunger tube more solid. But i've been using this now for about a week, and i have yet to have any problems.
Did you put everything back in exactly as it was? Push the cap in, give it a twist, and the Seal on the front. The flat part HAS to be put in with the flat part down. otherwise, it does create unneeded stresses on the tube and could account for the explosion. Not that i'm saying you put it back together wrong. I'm just trying to rule out possible causes.

Edit:

I just opened the gun, and i didnt strech it to 1.5 times the length. it was about an extra 2 inches i added to it.

#91032 Magstrike Modification.

Posted by echo104b on 01 October 2006 - 10:42 PM in Modifications

ok. at first, i was like "Cool! 2 clips! but i only ever get off one in a war" so i just passed this by. than came the 3 clip mod. again, same thing. "So what? i only own 2 clips" and again, passed this by.

but now... my god. 70' in bad conditions? you have officially inspired me to do this mod. :P COngrats Forsaken Angel :D

This mod is FTW. I cant wait to do this one. :D

#91031 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by echo104b on 01 October 2006 - 10:24 PM in Modifications

Sooo.... You flip down the little orange piece, shove the new turret in, then flip the orange piece back up???

That is correct.

Not only does it help with stability and keep the clip in place, it just looks cool :P

#90962 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by echo104b on 01 October 2006 - 12:53 PM in Modifications

I'd love to. :D

but i can only pay via Paypal. You have that dont you?

#90946 Firefly Front End Swappable Clip

Posted by echo104b on 01 October 2006 - 08:05 AM in Modifications

I present to you a mod that i have yet to see doneon this site.

A front end swappable clip for the Firefly.

Posted Image

Persionally, i'm astonished by how simple this was. forst i opened up the gun and did the usual mods. SPring strech, and Restrictor/post removal. But before i put everything back together again, i just threw out the clear housing for the turret. It's completely useless. The barrels stick into the turret on their own. Leave the Reflectors in there, they serve as a threader for the barrels.

Next Step, Sut the shell as shown in the next 2 pictures.

Posted Image
Posted Image

NExt, that little orange piece that holds the turet steady when firing, Taek that out and saw it/sand it with a dremel untill you get this: It has to be able to flip down all the way to horixzontal. And take your dremel/boltcutters and chop that bolt on the front of it to about half it's original length.

Posted Image

I dont have any pictures of just the clip portion, but it you look on the first picture, you can see that the center hole of the clip is widened. I just used a simple grinding wheel to widen it so that the orange piece could flip up into it easier.

once you're done with that, you're finished. Here's a picture where the clip has been removed and you are looking into the front of the cun.

Posted Image

Enjoy :D

I left the electronics in there. Because without the barrels in there, it leaves the Flashbulb completely exposed. Great for a quick Blinding attack.

edit: Oops. forgot ranges

From what i can tell, i have lost no range at all with this mod. Any lost range is compensated for by streching the spring. I streched it to about 1.5 times the original length.

With my special Long stephans, it shoots about 45 feet. Stock Micros, about 30. Not all that great, but for close range, you want to have the ability to reload faster than the other poor fool.

If you do not have any replacement turrets lying aroud, you can make your own following the tutorial Here. Thanks Retiate!

#90922 Brass Help

Posted by echo104b on 30 September 2006 - 08:50 PM in Modifications

the Brass you found at Home Depot was actually Copper. I work at Home depot and the only Brass things they carry are Fittings and Nipples.

I purchase my Brass at my local Hobby Store. I can buy 1' lengths of almost any size for under $3 each. beats having to pay shipping. It's right next to the music wire coincidentally XD

#90921 First Try At Stefans

Posted by echo104b on 30 September 2006 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

My Stephans have Copper BBs and a lot more Hot glue than you'd probably find on your own. But theyre about 3" long and have a hole drilled in the back. They work in Standard Stock Guns and are accurate out to about 7/8ths of the max range of the gun they are being fired out of. they start to veer slightly right before hitting the ground.

I'm extremely satisfied with them and would not go back.

I Tried Lead Weights but the president of my Local Nerf Club said they weighed too much and could potentially hurt someone. (he's a wimp) so i've used Copper ever since.

Thats my personal method. But dont knock it till you try it.

#89503 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by echo104b on 10 September 2006 - 11:35 PM in Modifications

Their Maryland shop is located in Beltsville.
Piedmont Plastics
9000 Virginia Manor Rd.
Suite 250
Beltsville, MD 20705
Toll Free: 800-638-6651
Phone: 301-881-7900
Fax: 301-881-0419

http://www.piedmontp...m/locations.asp

However, I live a ways away in Sterling, VA

I see. I live in Frederick, MD so it's about an hour drive for me without traffic...

God I hate the Beltway.

#89480 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by echo104b on 10 September 2006 - 07:10 PM in Modifications

I buy my polycarbonate as scrap (offcuts) from a company in Maryland called Piedmont Plastics. Most plastics shops sell offcuts of whatever plastics they work with. I can get 2'x4' sheets of 3/16" polycarbonate for around $7, as opposed to paying $49.
I just take a trip to the shop once every 6 months to replenish my stockpile.

So in all honesty the material cost for each kit is close to $3.

You get your stuff in MD? may i ask where this shop is? i may live near it. and if so, it may save on shipping costs for my kit.

#89330 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by echo104b on 08 September 2006 - 09:58 AM in Modifications

Hell, I'd buy a kit for this. This is absolutely 100% Badass

$15? I'll take 2! And i have paypal!

#88271 Confrontation With A Tru Employee

Posted by echo104b on 24 August 2006 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

I've gotten 3 Employees fired from Toys R Us in one run for this very Reason. it was a few months ago. i was purchasing 3 Mavericks and 2 NF's. The cashier started ringing them and asked me if they were for my son. I simply said "ha. me? Married and with children? i'm only 20. These are for me"

"These are for little kids" he responded

"So? Whats your point?"

"Seems kind of immature to me. Playing with Narf guns when you should be going to college" yes... he said "Narf"

"Doesnt matter to me. and i'd like to speak with your supervisor"

he called him over and the whole process repeated itself.

I paid and went over to the CS Desk to file a complaint. The process repeated itself. SO i asked to see the manager.

he was the only one who did not insult me for my purchases. instead, he called the 3 other employees over and spoke with them while i was there. They did not drop the subject. Their defence was that it doesnt make sense for someone my age to be playing nerf

he asked all 3 of them for their badges and told them to never come back. He fired them all right there at once. He also gave me money for my purchases. i got the guns for free. I asked if i could go back and get a few more things. he laughed and said "Nice try" i laughed back and as i was walking out he said "have fun at the war!"

it was awesome.

#87981 High-cap Mags For The Longshot?

Posted by echo104b on 21 August 2006 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

I was considdering doing this myself. but i wasnt sure if it would work or not. Glad to hear it does :)

Good Job!

#87915 What's Up With My 3b?

Posted by echo104b on 20 August 2006 - 03:52 PM in General Nerf

I Know exactly what your problem is.

The spring in your plunger isnt powerfull enough to push the plunger all the way forward by the time the gun finishes firing and the restrictor kicks in.

In order to push the back half all the way forward, you have to have the plunger at the front of the Plunger tube.

Thats what those Little Orange things on the sides do. They also hold the gun in it's back position while it's cocked.

my remedy: Open up the front of the gun, and pull out the air restrictor. Should fix your problem real quick.

#87693 Super Easy Bbb Mods?

Posted by echo104b on 17 August 2006 - 01:37 AM in Modifications

While i agree with Murakumo that you should Purchase and Mod a NiteFinder before even considdering the BBB, I will give my input on a good way to do a mod for it.

However, you will need about 3" of 1/2" CPVC. But thats not much. Ony about 3 cents worth at Home Depot. If you can find anyone that will cut it that short. If not, than go all out and spend $3 Buying the 10' stick. You'll want it all if you're going to be doing a lot of modding.

First, open up the gun (only the front part) and take the front part of the barrell off. remove the Restrictor and put it back on. Make sure that the Little orange Plug looking things on either side stay where they are. they're what keep the gun in it's Cocked position. Put the gun cover back on and screw it all up. Now, using a dremel (or sandpaper if you dont have a dremel) and file down the 4 nubs inside the barrell. Now, you should be able to shoot a Micro Dart about 30'. But thats pathetic for a Primary weapon. Cut about 3"-4" of the CPVC and just shove it in the barrell. tape it in place with some electrical tape and voila! it will now shoot a Stock Micro about 80'

Hope that helped ^_^

#87692 Wow

Posted by echo104b on 17 August 2006 - 01:26 AM in General Nerf

With the right kind of darts, The magstrike can be an extremely effective weapon. My advice, Go buy a set of 20 Sonic Micros to go with the Magstrike.

They're the most aerodynamic Dart that Nerf makes, and when put in the Magstrike, they can be terrifying. Not only do they increase the range to about 50' (stock, unmodded) but they can completely psych out an unexpecting opponent.

Hearing the woosh of a stock Suction dart as it goes by your head is scary enough. Now make that woosh a high pitched whistle. First time it happened to me, I literally fell to my knees. Definately worth the money.

When used Properly, the Magstrike is actually a very good weapon. short bursts of 2 or 3 are your friend. they go farther and are more accurate.

#87593 My Longshot Mod.

Posted by echo104b on 16 August 2006 - 12:08 AM in Modifications

I put a NF spring in my Longshot. It didnt help the range at all. in fact, it hurt it a little. Plus it made a hell of a lot of noise.

I did notice that you streched yours out. so i guess that would help with the Noise issue.

As far as the Accuracy goes, thats not your barrell.

it's your darts. The stock darts that come with the Longshot Suck. and i mean not just a little. they had to invent a new level of suck to define these things

my advice, Put a BB or 2 into the head of the Streamline darts, than use a little Hotglue and plug up the hole on the side. that should really help your accuracy. Certainly helped with mine.

The AT3k integration is really interesting. I'll have to try that with my AT2K. anything will be better than the pice of crap the front gun is.

thanks for posting this :D