Cyph3r's Content

There have been 2 items by Cyph3r (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#164397 Outlet Powered Vulcan

Posted by Cyph3r on 25 July 2008 - 11:41 AM in Modifications

That is something I had actually considered myself. I'm no electrician but I'm sure the proper rechargeable RC battery (like those we use in our airsoft guns) would power this thing perfectly without the need to constantly buy more D batteries. It might even weight less as a result.

It should be an easy mod too, as long as you're comfortable with a soldering iron. From what I understand from Splitlips thread there's actually a separate detachable box that holds the batteries (correct me if I'm wrong). It's like it was designed to have a rechargeable thrown in there.

My boss just got his today, and he's bringing it to work tomorrow, so I'll get some hands on time with it, yay!

First of all: Excellent first post. Welcome to the Haven.

Next: Yes. The batteries are placed in a removable pack, and then you put the pack inside of a compartment in the blaster itself.

Thank you, it's good to be here (though I think I registered like a year ago and just haven't been back, life you know...)

I actually bought a longshot last night after work that I'm planning on modding, I'll post once I start the process (I've got big plans for it)

Now back to the Vulcan: while upping the voltage on one of these would undoubtedly increase the ROF, you also have to keep in mind that the internals are all plastic, and designed to be able to handle specific levels of stress. Yeah, the motor can handle a doubling of the ROF, but can the gears? Break one of those and you'd be hard pressed to find a replacement. In the world of airsoft this isn't a problem because replacement and upgraded gears are readily available, not so with nerf.

#164237 Outlet Powered Vulcan

Posted by Cyph3r on 24 July 2008 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

That is something I had actually considered myself. I'm no electrician but I'm sure the proper rechargeable RC battery (like those we use in our airsoft guns) would power this thing perfectly without the need to constantly buy more D batteries. It might even weight less as a result.

It should be an easy mod too, as long as you're comfortable with a soldering iron. From what I understand from Splitlips thread there's actually a separate detachable box that holds the batteries (correct me if I'm wrong). It's like it was designed to have a rechargeable thrown in there.

My boss just got his today, and he's bringing it to work tomorrow, so I'll get some hands on time with it, yay!