thedarksideofnerf's Content

There have been 72 items by thedarksideofnerf (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#254570 Stormtrooper Blastech E-11 Raider With Brass Breech

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 25 October 2009 - 11:08 PM in Modifications

Very nice.
I haven't see such a clean cosmetic mod in a long time.

#254492 Jlego's Hybrid Breech System (somewhat Picture Heavy)

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 25 October 2009 - 12:51 AM in Darts and Barrels

Dam !!!!
Also what bit do you use in your dremal.

#254281 How To Resurrect A Crossbow

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 21 October 2009 - 10:03 PM in Homemades

I hate to say it, because i'm very impressed with your wood work. But the stock doesn't realy go with the lines of the gun, and it's kind of an out of place.
Also how heavy is the stock, and how unbalenced is the gun.

#253818 Double-capacity Standard Size Ls Mag

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 18 October 2009 - 10:59 AM in Modifications

But how did you make it to where it doesnt take both of the darts.

#253772 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 17 October 2009 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
First hand painted gun-brassed nitefinder
Posted Image
with holster
Posted Image
Hand painted longshot- did have a foregrip but not any more
Posted Image
PETG at2k
Posted Image
BBBB with half inch coupler, painted fully with spray paint

#251255 The Fast Blast

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 22 September 2009 - 07:56 AM in Modifications

Can someone post a picture.

#250217 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 12 September 2009 - 12:47 PM in Nerf Wars

This war is a week away, start making your ammo, moding your guns, and honing your skills.

#250164 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 11 September 2009 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Its not like a job, job. im a referee for my areas soccer program on saturdays.
but this does not meen im not coming to the war, it just means im not 100% positive i'll be able to come, but damit im going to try my hardest to be there.

#250070 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 10 September 2009 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll try my hardest to be there but it might be a no go due to my new job.

#249619 Texan Winter War

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 04 September 2009 - 10:53 PM in Nerf Wars

There going to be 2 completely different dates.

Speaking of, is Project Texas still in 2 weeks?

Anyway, I've been pondering locations. I can't think of any that are fair to the Houstoners and Austiners except for Waco...

you know it, everybody best get ready.

#249580 Texan Winter War

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 04 September 2009 - 04:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on how project texas goes we could always hold both wars at that park.

But have project texas end before this war starts just in case some people want to come to both.(me)

There going to be 2 completely different dates.

#249537 Texan Winter War

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 03 September 2009 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Depending on how project texas goes we could always hold both wars at that park.

#249424 Texan Winter War

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 02 September 2009 - 04:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Dude don't change the war date, making a war isn't something that will increase man-points by 5 or something, its just a get-together for a bunch of nerfers. Nobody cares who or when a nerf war is because hosting one is just being a coordinator. The only thing hosting a war does is make you have to work more, and getting worked up over who gets to have a winter war is ridiculous. Just keep it the date it is and there won't be a problem. Besides, what's wrong with a war during October or November? We don't need to have specific season wars.

Im just sayin I wont be as much fun if only half the people can come

#249358 Texan Winter War

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 01 September 2009 - 06:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I didnt meen it like that. I was just sayin you kinda threw me under the bus by saying, well sence darkside went back on what he said at daft and isnt holding a winter war im taking the liberty upon myself. so i hope you can see how i took affence.
Also I could just move the war to chismas brake the dates not offical, I just didnt want it to be to damn cold. :(

#249145 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 30 August 2009 - 08:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Dr. pepper mueseum it is.
And I was thinking from the hours of 1-5 we can go later but 1 is the time that everyone should be there we will wate till one thirty before leaving for the park.

#249144 Texan Winter War

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 30 August 2009 - 08:38 PM in Nerf Wars

WTF dude, seriously you want to be like that.

#249030 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 29 August 2009 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't think I'd be able to make it very well if it was on September 19th. I'll try, but if I can't make it, then I can't make it.

Anywho, I still haven't plugged or singled that Titan.

If you need HTML or BBCode editing, I have plenty of experience and am working towards high-school certification. (Later this year, I'll be part of my school's website's editing team)

Wait... Darkside, at DAFT, you said you were gonna host a winter war. Are you still doing that, or have you screwed it and set one for a month after DAFT?

This is it I didnt want to wait till the school year was to far in and I didnt want it to be to cool.

Hm... The park is big. I would suggest backpacks and bicycles to travel between areas. My bike has a cargo rack so I can carry anything under 20 pounds on it, given I have the right bungees. Backpacks to carry small primaries, secondaries, and ammo are a good idea.
Wing'd Man, I have a Scatter Titan, but you'll need your own thumbtack darts. :lol:

Or we can just walk, get rides in cars or just have a central location where we can disperse from.
Also we need an exact meeting point so we all dont end up in different parts of the park

#248792 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 27 August 2009 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Its already almost go time like three weeks away.
Also I have an anouncement wing'd man also known as randompieguy has an awsome youtube account here(sarcasm)

#248791 At2k Internals Integrated Into 1-1/2" Pvc

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 27 August 2009 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

It looks like you just took the same 2 pictures twice. Learn to look at your shots after taking them.

Anyways, it looks pretty nice. I personally would put a handle of some sort on it to make pulling the trigger more comfortable. And as for the pump.. Its really up to your preference of ergonomics.

Actualy there 2 different pictures so make sure you have your facts right before you post.

#248320 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 23 August 2009 - 06:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make mobsticals...

I hope so but you never know if something is going to comes up.

#247933 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 20 August 2009 - 11:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Update on location

#247803 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 20 August 2009 - 11:29 AM in Nerf Wars

And we can always pick a location and then if we get there and its packed we can just move.

On another note I think the bridge would be sweet for center flag push. ^_^

#247646 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 19 August 2009 - 03:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Cameron park looks good But it also looks HUGE.
And if you guys would read the original post you would see that I posted September 19th. :o
Everybody needs to take a look at darken's post and then reply what they think.
Also I think we would need to rent the part of the park we use(I was thinking camaron park East) Witch meens we would all have to put out like $20-$25, But i'm not sure and i'll look more into it. And see if we cant just show up and hold this thimg without the whole fee part.

#247577 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 18 August 2009 - 11:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I was thinking that we would hold the war on the nineteenth, but that means we all need to gather intrest and find a location A.S.A.P.

#247576 Nic Community Get Together.

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 18 August 2009 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

This sounds like a great idea for project texas.

#247115 Toy Armor Made Into Manta Style Shield.

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 15 August 2009 - 11:01 AM in Modifications

You should put an excesorie rail on the top. :lol:

#247114 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 15 August 2009 - 10:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I came come with a small possibility I can bring a friend and could some one bring a loner gun for my friend if he comes?

Dude you know me from DAFT and the gums I bring.

#246856 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 13 August 2009 - 11:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Is it too early to start planning the war?

Also when and what area will it be in?

No, And I was thinking in the Waco area as more of a central location for the the austin nerfers.

#246320 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 09 August 2009 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me in. I'm still ticked off that vacation kept me from Daft, so I refuse to miss this.

Counted.

#246298 Project Texas '09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 09 August 2009 - 06:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, guys who got to gether for DAFT '09. I loved the turn out and am exicited to say this is the start of the official thread for the war that will hopefully be held later this year.

Now I am just starting this tread off I was hoping It would turn into more of a group effort.
With the help of the Texas nerf community I hope this will become a very sucessful war.

Date: September 19th (unofficial)

Cameron Park(I think we should set a place to meet sence its a 400 acre park, I'm thinking Emmon's cliff)
http://www.waco-texa.../highlights.htm

EVERYONE will meet at dr. pepper museume at 1 o'clock and we will leave for the park at 1:30

Hours:
Again EVERYONE will meet at dr. pepper museume at 1 o'clock and we will leave for the park at 1:30

Attendance List:
thedarksideofnerf
Darken
HiTeck126
wing'd man
SchizophrenicMC
Salmon
RedShot
Outcast10000
P.C.III
LNL+LS=win
fatnerfer(maybe)
(friends posiblity)

Game Types:
Death match
Bomb

Banned Blasters:
Singled Titans
Or anything with the range
But bring everything and will see there.

Now here me out, all of us will have school to worry about so it wont be as easy to plan. So keep your eyes open for breaks in the school year.

And remember this post will grow as the intrest does this is just to start us off right.

*KEEP YOUR EYES OUT FOR LOCATIONS ALSO.

#246181 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 08 August 2009 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

We should have it closer to Austin... but I can help with the war either way.

Well, I was hoping, actually, that Salmon would take over DAFT 10, so it could be in Austin.

However, Darkside, who lives in Flower Mound, is further north, even, than where DAFT was this year. So, I have no doubt he'll have his war in D/FW.

Oh, and Wing'd man, how can you say I have height issues if you're shorter than me?

I would most likely be able to get down to austin.
Also guys I need help with a time frame for this winter, I was thinking like thanksgiving brake, or in that general time frame.

#245485 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 04 August 2009 - 04:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I would think so.

Good. I'll just have the parts ready then. Again I ask HOW MUCH??? (numbers)

It depends how much r u willing to pay, per foot.

#245438 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 04 August 2009 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

How many darts should I have for the war? I already have a bit...
thedarkside- How much PETG are you bringing and how much do you want for it?

wing'd man I would say you want at least 200 darts and I'll prabadly bring most of what I have.

shit. I really need to get cracking then. I only have like 80.
how much would that be? I need at least 20 feet. Do you think I would have time to barrel my DTB with the PETG when I get there?

I would think so.

#245415 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 04 August 2009 - 09:36 AM in Nerf Wars

How many darts should I have for the war? I already have a bit...
thedarkside- How much PETG are you bringing and how much do you want for it?

wing'd man I would say you want at least 200 darts and I'll prabadly bring most of what I have.

#245324 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 03 August 2009 - 05:04 PM in Nerf Wars

The day of the war I will be selling bags of 50 stefans for $10-$12. They fit my thickwall petg nicely.
wing'd man- i will bring extra petg

#245240 Homemade Holster For Minimized Nfs

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 02 August 2009 - 09:54 PM in Homemades

figured it out., but thanks for the help jmwasko.
Also I vote for this to be pinned

#245190 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 02 August 2009 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I was board so I made flags for capture the flag.

#245014 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 01 August 2009 - 03:14 PM in Nerf Wars

So, the way things are looking, I may have to drop out of my own war. This doesn't mean the show won't go on. Far from it. I leave my trust in Salmon and Sputnik. If I can't make it - and I'll post the day before confirming - I want you two to take over.
Finally, I've decided on times for the event. DAFT '09 will start at 1 PM on Thursday. It will go on until 5 or 6. This decision was made due to temperature concerns.

I hate to say it, but frankly, I'm not sure if we are up to that. I mean, me and my friends are pretty young, and it seems like lot to ask to suddenly volunteer us up to the stage. We'll do what we can, but... no promises. Hopefully, everybody will just be able to get together and have a war, even if there isn't really a designated host.
On a different topic, is anybody bringing anything to trade? I may be able to bring a few things, a Titan, a Maverick, a screwed up Xbow shell, and others.

EDIT: @SchizoMC: You should at least show up, even if you don't have much. Ask someone to loan you a gun or something. And you could just pick up the darts you see on the field, if nothing else, and use them.

I'll bring all my old shit to trade including a petg scout, singled longshot, and others. And if any body has extra brass tubing that there bringing i'll trade, or buy it.

#244950 Daft 09

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 31 July 2009 - 09:19 PM in Nerf Wars

schizophrenicMC, I was planning on bringing a couple differnt guns for this very reason, and if one of my guns failed. So I better see you there.

Also I dont know about you all but tomorrow im having a serious stefan making day.

#244926 Furyfire Improvements..petg..straw Modd..spring Addition

Posted by thedarksideofnerf on 31 July 2009 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

I wa supposed to go to sleep this morning after working last night, but I decided to test ranges outside because of everyone asking for them.

I am 6' tall, all shots taken flat at chest level. I used 3/0 weighted Red FBR Stefans.
Shot #1- 36'
#2- 34'
#3- 35'
#4- 36'
#5- 35'
#6- 35'
#7- 33'
#8- 37'
#9- 34'
#10- 35'
As you can tell, the ranges are nothing to celebrate about--but this blasters ROF and ease of priming definately make up for that in my opinion. Considering the fact that this thing shot like 15' out of the box, I am fairly pleased. A better dart/barrel fit would also help me. I will continue to experiment and try to increase the range, but for now it does fairly well.---Rogue.

I got this set, and new out of box the lowest range was, 32 ft. and the highest range was 43 ft.