Namm's Content

There have been 61 items by Namm (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#340306 WANO IV - Seattle, WA on Sunday July 13

Posted by Namm on 13 July 2014 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Update. Gathering place is reserved. Park in the northern lot off hwy 99 and call. We will be using an area right next to 99 just south of the big stone wall.

#334113 WANO III

Posted by Namm on 18 September 2013 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

I suppose it is my duty to attend and once more fly the banner of hoksmoor proudly.

#333104 WANO II

Posted by Namm on 16 August 2013 - 02:04 AM in Nerf Wars

The above picture of me simply shows the natural position my body assumes when not actively firing a crossbow at another human.

After you have that experience, everything else in life just seems like a waste of time.

#331820 WANO I

Posted by Namm on 12 July 2013 - 06:02 AM in Nerf Wars

This will be awesome and I will definitely be there, as a player and to help organize.

#286821 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Namm on 11 October 2010 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped organize this war. It was a total blast! I've got 8-10 friends who after hearing our stories are now interested. If the dates for the next war are set well enough in advance I have a good chance of bringing all of them.

Also: Flaming Hilt,

Your slides were excellent.

#286705 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Namm on 08 October 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there, and I will bring a friend!

#149734 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Namm on 06 April 2008 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: N/A
Mods Done: Level 4 reinforcement, replaced plunger tube, plunger head molded to tube, 4 piece barrel.
Integrations: N/A
Comments: I have two crossbows, and the other gets around 100' on a good day, thats normal for an xbow. I only ever use this one though, because it gets absolutely absurd ranges.
The original crossbow plunger tube actually narrows slightly towards the front of the gun, meaning the stock head will not seal further back, reducing the effective draw. By replacing the entire tube with PVC (almost same size, a little larger diameter) and then sizing the head to that, you can increase the draw length to that of the entire plunger. Also, an aluminum sleeved shaft, new spring, lots of bands, a 4 piece barrel (essentially CPVC to brass), and great dart/barrel don't hurt.

#83055 Sm3000 Pvc-cpvc Nest Mod

Posted by Namm on 10 June 2006 - 01:40 AM in Modifications

110 what now? I've had at least three of those guns, and before the pump handles failed (they always do), I could only get around 60 feet out of them. At most. Are you measuring flat distance, from shoulder height? If you were angling the shot, from your roof, then those ranges would be completely normal. Maybe I'm being over critical, it could just be an excellent mod, and you happen to angle your shots slightly. Sorry, those ranges just don't sound reasonable to me.

#80589 Co2 Push Valve

Posted by Namm on 22 April 2006 - 12:33 AM in Homemades

I plan on using a regulator, I forgot to mention that. This valve would be for a homemade nerfgun, and as such, I do care about the flow. I thought about making a valve, but this would be finicky, and I was hoping there would be an easier solution, such as buying an already made valve. Because I'm using a regulator, I probably only need the valve to be good up to 200 psi, Its the temperature I'm afraid of, and the repeat use of co2 with plastics such as pvc. If anyone knows of a valve I could use, off the shelf, or something that would require minor tweaking, that would be great. I would really rather not attempt to build a valve.

#80400 Co2 Push Valve

Posted by Namm on 19 April 2006 - 09:23 PM in Homemades

I really dont know when I'll get around to it, but I do plan on making a home made nerf gun. You know..eventually. Anyways, I want to use co2, but I dont know what type of valve to use. Paintball valves (I think, I'm not 100% sure) use a hammer to hit a valve, which opens and closes, but because of the way its placed in the gun (In the bolt, or behind it...I dont actually own a paintball gun) It would be hard to take out and use for a home made. I dont need an electronicly operated valve, just something were you push a button, or part, and it opens. Even better, you push a part, and it snaps open and then closed quickly. If I could use a pvc valve I would, but co2 is very cold, and much too high a pressure for pvc. I dont want to have to do a lot of work to make the valve functional, like boltsniper did with his BASR, and the brass eagle valve. If anyone knows of a solution, or where I could cannablize a valve from, that would be great.

#59689 Air Travel And Nerf

Posted by Namm on 19 July 2005 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

I'm pretty sure cargo holds are pressurized, and I agree that checking your guns is the way to go.

#51812 My Newest Homemade

Posted by Namm on 07 April 2005 - 03:17 AM in Homemades

I believe the way paintball deals with the equalization problem is to use (a) regulator(s). You can buy a paintball regulator if you want, but they're fairly pricy (for a nerf gun part). I'm not an expert on the subject though, if someone knows more about this, please correct me.

#49869 My Next Big Project

Posted by Namm on 17 March 2005 - 04:02 AM in Homemades

Idea #3, Although high power is cool, and fun to show to friends, it wont get much use in a war. (to powerful/and or takes too long to reload)

#49760 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by Namm on 16 March 2005 - 03:26 AM in General Nerf

I actually would be interested in the design team. Like what people major in and if the job is fun. Also, if its not too rude, whats the pay like?

#48946 Supermaxx 750 G-36, And Other Integrations!

Posted by Namm on 07 March 2005 - 06:36 AM in Modifications

This isnt real important to the topic, but what did you do to that titan handle? Looks nice, the 750/g-36 is awesome. Good intergrations, the double 2k looks like it would be hard to handle though.

#47455 Rifled Barrel

Posted by Namm on 17 February 2005 - 10:15 PM in Homemades

Weasel, if I'm reading this correctly, (tell me if I'm not), then the 20mm pvc was only used to make the grooves in the 40mm pvc. It isnt employed on any gun as a real barrel, so he's probably not going to hit anyone with it.

#46053 For Any Shaolin Soccer Fans

Posted by Namm on 13 January 2005 - 03:02 AM in Off Topic

Already seen it. Probably because I live in singapore though. I like shaolin soccer more, but thats just me, this one wasnt bad. Actually, I take it back, they were about the same.

#39672 Powerclip Question

Posted by Namm on 23 October 2004 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

Micro darts are smaller than mega darts, how did you get mega darts to fire out of the powerclip in the first place? The holes in the clip are only big enough for micros. Thats what airsoft meant.

#38656 Heavy Duty Darts

Posted by Namm on 09 October 2004 - 10:18 AM in Modifications

You just taped the weight in? Thats extremely dangerous, its going to come out, tape is no where near strong enough. Oh, and "heavy duty" darts have no place in a war, but they are fun to mess around with.

#38369 Arrowstorm, Help!

Posted by Namm on 05 October 2004 - 02:58 AM in Modifications

For plunger seals, I would use a lube of somesort, and then wrap the plunger head in masking tape (lower friction than electrical tape, and its cheaper), but not in that order.

#38302 Arrowstorm, Help!

Posted by Namm on 04 October 2004 - 02:53 AM in Modifications

Maybe your dart fit is good, but not quite tight enough. I use CPVC for my arrow storm, it works very well, and cpvc fights my darts fairly tightly. Other than that, you might want to check the barrel seals.

#37277 Problem With Stefan Darts

Posted by Namm on 16 September 2004 - 03:18 AM in General Nerf

If you could be more specific it would help. You may have accidentally picked up a different brand of FBR, some brands use use different sizes than others. It could be that the specific pack you picked up happened to be a little bit thicker. Foam backer rod isnt usually made very precisely, so you get alot of variation. You might have picked up the wrong size for all we know. Add some details, and then we'll probably be able to give you a better answer. If your darts are too thick for your barrels, just stretch the FBR out a little bit, it can make a big difference.

#37175 Any In My Area?

Posted by Namm on 14 September 2004 - 03:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Ok, I know this doesnt help, but I used to live in WA, I live in Singapore right now. If all goes according to plan, I'll be moving back this summer, so I'll look forward to possibly nerfing with you guys.

#37099 My Modded Nite Finder

Posted by Namm on 13 September 2004 - 07:10 AM in Modifications

Nice job, what are you using for a barrel?

#35942 The Lnl

Posted by Namm on 31 August 2004 - 03:17 AM in General Nerf

Well, thats odd. My nightfinder gets the same range as my lockandload does, almost exactly, and I get a higher ROF with the LnL. As far as grips go, the LnL feels much better in my hand than the NF, and we all agree its pertty-er.

#34404 Hornet

Posted by Namm on 19 August 2004 - 03:55 AM in General Nerf

Im not really sure about epoxy/air tight seals, I would use plumbers goop.

#34403 Funny Names

Posted by Namm on 19 August 2004 - 03:49 AM in Off Topic

Amanda hugandkiss "cant anyone find me amanda hugandkiss"

mike rotch "has anyone seen mike rotch lately"

#33779 Jspb - Ninja Blow Gun

Posted by Namm on 11 August 2004 - 09:49 PM in Homemades

GeneralPrimevil, The mouthpiece looks like a coupler with masking tape on the edge. 3D, Excellent job, I like how the word ninja is painted onto the gun.

#33560 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Namm on 09 August 2004 - 02:10 AM in General Nerf

I really doubt hasbro is going to change thier dart design for one gun, the revolving chamber will probably have some room between it and the front of the gun, and the dart wont go all the way down.

#33504 Tech Target Mod

Posted by Namm on 08 August 2004 - 06:22 AM in Modifications

Angled range isnt really all that important, whats the range flat? if you glue some fbr (foam backer rod) to the front of the plunger, it can often make the gun much quieter, and you dont loose range.

#33492 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Namm on 08 August 2004 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

I dont own a N-strike, but it looks like a PC would be fairly clumsy to use if attached to the titan, if you have a missle loaded on the titan/a longer barrel on the titan, and you try to replace/reload the PC clip....It just seems like it would be hard to do.

#33405 N-strike Hornet Discussion

Posted by Namm on 07 August 2004 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

I know this is a bad question to ask, but its been bugging me. The sliding piece which resets the gun, I know where it is on the internal pic, but where is it on the outside, what do you grab or slide or move to pull forward or back the knob on the inside? Is the piece on the left side (which there are no pictures of)? Is the whole front of the gun a slide?

#33404 Nstrike Dvd

Posted by Namm on 07 August 2004 - 02:07 AM in General Nerf

You mean a Splitfire?

#33067 Stefans

Posted by Namm on 03 August 2004 - 10:38 PM in Homemades

Probably a dome, I would guess it'd be more areodynamic. I make both (mainly by accident) and it doesnt seem to matter that much, or at least not for me.

#29224 Props And Superweapons In Wars?

Posted by Namm on 23 June 2004 - 06:34 AM in General Nerf

Well, if the shields are "reasonably penetrable " there could be other solutions...

#28906 Powerclip Qestions

Posted by Namm on 19 June 2004 - 10:07 PM in Modifications

On plugging the release valve. There is a release valve on the air bladder itself, when it gets to its maximum size, or just before, the end of the bladder is forced up against the case of the gun, and a small push valve on the bladder lets out air. There is one of these on the wildfire and im pretty sure its on the rf20 too.

#28262 Defective Guns New In Box

Posted by Namm on 10 June 2004 - 09:21 PM in General Nerf

SM5k Major leak, it wouldnt hold any air longer than a few seconds, I returned it, and of course, amazon suddenly ran out of stock. I also have bought two at2ks that both had the tube that goes from the pump to the airtank broken off of the pump. that was mildly confusing :unsure:

#27993 Damn Memory Loss...

Posted by Namm on 08 June 2004 - 06:23 AM in General Nerf

I dont want to highjack this thread, but does anyone have a mod for the range shot? Before I started modding nerf guns, it was my favorite pistol, but I barely use it anymore. I tried to mod mine, but the way the plunger is positioned, its very hard to get any range out of the gun. The plunger is also very small compared to most nerf pistols. I first put a stronger spring into the gun, but the increased friction (or possibly it gets stuck at the end of the pluger when its fired) causes the plunger head to come of randomly. Every time this happens I have to open the gun up to fix it. I also sawed the barrel off, and used a copper coupler, some blue tack, and a chunk of cpvc to make a barrel. On occasion, when it fires, it goes no more than 30 ft. Has anyone had any sucsess with this gun?

#27921 At3k Vs At4k

Posted by Namm on 07 June 2004 - 03:29 AM in Modifications

I own two AT3ks, a Supermaxx 2500 (larami), a sm3k, and an at4k. The 4k has got to be one of the most difficult guns to pump that I've ever used; Because of the position of the pump, its extremely uncomfortable and very hard to use. Having no petg, and because the 4k has 12 barrels, it would no longer rotate if I were to multibarrel it. Instead i removed the rotating device, and thought i might be able to get some results out of single-ing it. Wrong. The 4k also has a very small airtank, and I could never get it to fire past 50 feet. The AT3Ks have been alright, but I've never gotten as good as results as everyone else. Mine consistantly hit 60, but will never go further, thats ok though, because its multibarreled. I used to have two sm3ks, but I over pumped the modded one, so now I have one that im working on, but currently is unmodded. The one that I sucsesfuly mod (before it broke) used to get around 70 foot ranges (blue sm3k). The Larami 2500 I have is excellent, but recently stopped firing (I think the trigger has just come off its tracks); however, before this happened it used to get much better ranges than my sm3k, though I never officially mesured it, it probably fired 80 or more feet. I find the Sm3k and Larami 2500 much, much easier to pump than the AT3k or 4k, especially the 2500, though the at3k isnt that bad. On size and accuracy, I think the AT3k and SM3k/2500 are about the same accuracy wise; as for size, although the 2500 is bigger, I find it extremely comfortable, the 3k is not quite as comfy, and because of the large diamiter pump tube it feels like its going to crack in half every time I pump it, and the AT3k is not bad, but I always feel like its almost too small, the small pump handle makes it feel as if there is much more resistance compared to the 2500.

#27766 Sm5k

Posted by Namm on 05 June 2004 - 01:34 AM in General Nerf

My SM5K started leaking yesterday, and within hours it would no longer hold air. I've opened it up, and I can push the firing pin all the way forward and pump, and the air still leaks, out of the front. I think the valve is off center, it might be from over pumping but I think its from general wear and tear. Does anyone know anyway of fixing this, or is it ruined?