Hotness's Content

There have been 18 items by Hotness (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83158 Eab Help

Posted by Hotness on 12 June 2006 - 09:54 AM in Modifications

Hey, I've been moding guns for about six months now and I just recently found my Expand-a-Blast aka Hyper Sight, from my early childhood. Naturally, I went to work right away, I gathered supplies for a barrell extension and bought a scope (I'm going to chop off the current 'scope' and put on my own). I then mad the most nOOb mistake ever, I opened the gun up and then turned it over! I don't know how to put it back together! I am in need of internal pictures badly! The one in the mod in the mod section is not good enough! Please help! :unsure:

#79703 Ohio Nerfers

Posted by Hotness on 12 April 2006 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Cooter, The Iceman, Buckeyenerfer, and myself all live near the Dayton area.

#79102 Modification Page

Posted by Hotness on 07 April 2006 - 08:41 AM in General Nerf

majical powers

WOW! :P

#79101 Extending Barrel Tip

Posted by Hotness on 07 April 2006 - 08:29 AM in Modifications

I tried to make some with the blue can and I was able to get them out by pushing a marker through the bottom of the pvc. The only proplem is that there are air bubbles in the middle of the dart... great great texture other than that, though! :P

#78842 Extending Barrel Tip

Posted by Hotness on 05 April 2006 - 08:37 AM in Modifications

Great Stuff seals itself up after about two hours of no usage. So this would be a one shot deal. Also the blue can dries flexible, where as the red and black cans dry rigid.

#78572 Extending Barrel Tip

Posted by Hotness on 03 April 2006 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

I think I've said this before, but I work at ACE Hardware and we sell this stuff. It comes in three sizes, blue-small holes(for around windows and doors), red-medium, black-large gaps and big holes. Holla! :D

#78047 For The Chaingunners

Posted by Hotness on 29 March 2006 - 03:00 PM in Modifications

Does anyone know of a mod to make a chain, because I have lost mine. I am currently working on a PVC design, but if there is already one, it might be helpful. And yes, I used the search function, but didn't get much... :)

#77400 New Double Barrel Mod

Posted by Hotness on 24 March 2006 - 09:50 AM in Modifications

Hey I used this mod as a base for mine:
Double Barrel NF

I don’t have pictures at the current moment but hope to soon.

1. I cut out the airflow restrictors
2. I opened up my gun and removed all of the wiring to the sight.
3. I cut down the end of my gun like this:
http://images.snapfi.....<677549nu0mrj

4. I used two 1 inch pieces of 1/4 inch vinyl tubing for the new airflow.
5. I used plumbers epoxy to seal the gun around the tubing and then to the new barrels.
6. I used two 10 inch sections of 1/2 inch PVC with crayola markers inside them for the barrels.
7. Finally I wraped the gun in electrical tape (red & black) to give the gun more body, and so that the color scheme on the gun matched throughout (no Frankenstein, half-blue/yellow, half-PVC)

#77399 Bands( Rubber Bands, Bungies)

Posted by Hotness on 24 March 2006 - 09:19 AM in General Nerf

Ace Hardware is also a place to look. All Aces are independently owned, so I can't say if your local store will have them, but most can order you anything if you just ask.

#76737 Vortex Rings Questions

Posted by Hotness on 18 March 2006 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

And the Tornado will not fire those little green rings, unless you want to try to do some extensive modification to the pieces that hold the ring.

Yeah only the red work unless you considerable mod down the size of the gun, which might be tough.

#76734 Nerf Mafia

Posted by Hotness on 18 March 2006 - 12:54 PM in Nerf Wars

3. Modified guns are now allowed.

we changed that rule.... i am not sure if hotness(nick) in the rules, realized that custom guns are the same as modded guns, but like two rules down from the one that states custom guns are illegal, it reads as above... 3. Modified guns are now allowed.

Yeah, sorry that was kind of a last minute amedment to the rules.

Oh, and Forsaken_angel24, we have the council in place so that the blocking doesn't get out of hand.

#76670 Nerf Mafia

Posted by Hotness on 17 March 2006 - 07:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I thank you... we try. :P

#76644 Nerf Mafia

Posted by Hotness on 17 March 2006 - 05:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I feel that the use of words like "kill," "death," and "suicide" does not speak well for the mental stability of the rules authors.

They are Nerf GUNS, or would you rather them be called 'Projectile Ejectors'?

#76613 Nerf Mafia

Posted by Hotness on 17 March 2006 - 10:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey, this is the game we play around here. I am Nick and Buckeyenerfer is Phillip, Dayne used to run the show.

Nerf Mafia (Version 3) Revised Rules

Rule Making
1. Nick E. and Wade G.will take over for Dayne and be in charge of the game. He will hand out rule packets, team assignments, make rule decisions, ect.
2. There will be a council who will vote on rule changes and/or act as a judicial system should one be needed. A majority ruling will be needed to pass or fail any amendment to, or removal of rules. The council will consist of Dayne S., Josh S., Wade G., Nick E., and Phillip M., with additional members to be appointed later.

Team Rules
1. Teams will be comprised of five members.
2. Players must currently attend Eaton High School.
3. No one member of any team will have any more power than any other member of their or any other team.
4. Team members may not kill each other, unless the team has come to a majority decision that the person has in some way betrayed the team.

Individual Rules
1. Any member of one team may kill any member of any other team.
2. A player may ‘commit suicide’ by shooting his or herself. At least one member of the council must be present at the time of death.
3. It is not necessary to “call-out” an individual before killing them.
4. A player may not physically restrain another player in order to stop them from killing someone or to better their own ability to make a kill
5. Once a player is dead they have the ability to ‘take a bullet’ for another player by physically blocking the shot, as long as they do not physically render the shooter unable to shoot. (Civilians also have the ability to take a bullet.)

Gun Rules and Regulations
1. Only Nerf or off-brand Nerf weapons may be used with the exception of PVC blowguns. (Homemade guns, Airsoft guns, and paintball guns are illegal.)
2. PVC blowguns must be made of ½ PVC and cannot exceed three feet in length.
3. Modified guns are now allowed.
4. Players may block shots with their weapons without dying.
5. Players may only use forms of darts, microdarts, or ballistic balls.

Halo Rule
1. All players are safe, on regular school days, between 7:15 AM and 2:30 PM. This time will fluctuate with school delays. For example, on days with one hour delays, the Halo Rule does not take effect until 8:15 AM, and so on.
2. Players are safe at all times while inside the school, in their places of employment, during school sponsored events in which they are participating, and during their respective athletic practices.
3. It is not against the rules to shoot other players in the school parking lot, although it is discouraged.

#76520 Nite Finder Ammo

Posted by Hotness on 16 March 2006 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

The only way that I see with the darts not working is with a green NF. I read in a different thread that the green NFs don't work to well, stock. The only way that you'll get a reliable NF is if you do the absolute basic mod, taking out the air restrictor assembly.

I own two blue newer Nite-Finders and they have been known to not shoot regular micros that aren't the type that comes with the gun, although I found that tagger darts shoot quite well.

EDIT: I agree with the modding suggestion, once modded, the NFs work with all micros.

#76274 Ohnw 06' Planning

Posted by Hotness on 15 March 2006 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Not the same computer, but the same connection, we go to the same school and were sitting next to each other in the computer lab.

#76261 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by Hotness on 15 March 2006 - 01:48 PM in Modifications

I would recomend the use of hollowed out crayola markers inside a length of 1/2" SCH40 PVC for guns that use stock micros.

#76257 Ohnw 06' Planning

Posted by Hotness on 15 March 2006 - 01:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm from South-West Ohio, Eaton (Dayton Area) and there are quite a few people in my area who are avid nerfers.