q4nailgun's Content

There have been 13 items by q4nailgun (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#297714 BAFF #20

Posted by q4nailgun on 29 April 2011 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't think I'll be able to make it this time. The plunger catch finally broke off after I added another spring and another battery, so I'm going to repair it with some brass and some goop. So no more running from my stampede for now.

#297623 BAFF #20

Posted by q4nailgun on 27 April 2011 - 03:10 PM in Nerf Wars

deleted

#296798 Baff #19

Posted by q4nailgun on 28 March 2011 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, I think I can make that one.

#296506 Baff #18 Canceled Due To Bad Weather

Posted by q4nailgun on 23 March 2011 - 08:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Damn rain! Why don't we shoot the clouds out of the sky and it woudn't rain anymore? Oh yeah, we have to use real guns to kill them. But seriously, I'm not taking bart from SF all the way to union city just to get turned back by crap weather.

#296005 Baff #18 Canceled Due To Bad Weather

Posted by q4nailgun on 14 March 2011 - 01:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Is that park near a BART station? I might be able to go.

#293088 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by q4nailgun on 18 January 2011 - 08:45 PM in General Nerf

On the Venture Bros, Sgt. Hatred shoots Dr. Venture with a rubber bullet. When he notices that Venture is bleeding, he tells his henchmen that they're going full nerf next time.

#291747 Stampede Motor Replacement

Posted by q4nailgun on 29 December 2010 - 01:45 AM in Modifications

Very cool! Do you think there are slightly smaller motors that would actually fit inside the stampede? I checked out evike, but they aren't giving any size dimensions to go by.

#291608 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by q4nailgun on 26 December 2010 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Does your Stampede go up to 11?

Unfortunately, this one only goes to about 8.5. I'm working on another addition that will bring it up there.

I never would have thought to use a patch cord as an electrical cable! Great mod. :D

Thanks bra. I wouldn't recommend it, since it's not designed to solder. In retrospect, a 1/8" cord would have been a better choice, since both wires are sheathed.

Once again nice job Zack. I love the use of the foam stuff in the front to cover up all the gaps.

It's not foam, it's 1/8" styrene plastic. It's flexible, really cheap, easy to cut, and holds adhesives well. You can get it at hobby stores. Popatachi clued me in to this material, although he prefers the thinner 1/16".

GREAT JOB MAN! I like the power pack idea. Note: do NOT try to brass your stampede! Learned that the hard way today.

What went wrong? I was thinking of doing an Angel-Breech-like design in the future.

Darts will jam.

#291590 The Compleat Stampede Mod

Posted by q4nailgun on 26 December 2010 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

GREAT JOB MAN! I like the power pack idea. Note: do NOT try to brass your stampede! Learned that the hard way today.

#291081 Should I Be Worried?

Posted by q4nailgun on 17 December 2010 - 10:41 PM in General Nerf

I just bought a new Stampede from Target. The blaster seemed to have a lot of little nicks on the paint and there was also a dart in the jam chamber. What worried me more was that a screw fell out when I shook it. It works, but should I be worried that that screw was from someting important and that it will stop working? And no, I'm not going to open my gun because I'm a noob and don't want to break my new $40 toy.

You CAN exchange it for another one. Target's pretty good on exchanges, so if you feel that you've gotten a defective blaster I'd recommend exchanging it for a new one.

#244445 Lanard Shot Gun

Posted by q4nailgun on 28 July 2009 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

Very kick ass results! I haven't done the barrel mod yet, but I removed the rubber air restrictors and barrel posts in mine. Then I put in a recon spring and a longshot spring in addition to the stock spring. 3 springs, kewl. But make sure you don't forget about the catching mechanism that locks the plunger/bolt thingy in place. I was having a problem with that for a little bit. I'm not sure if I want to single it because I like the spread shot. 1 shot, 3 darts, 1 nerf kill. Ranges about 35-50 feet currently.

#213978 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by q4nailgun on 21 February 2009 - 07:44 PM in General Nerf

I like what I'm seein'! Watch me blow about $200 on nerf guns!

#213477 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by q4nailgun on 19 February 2009 - 01:17 PM in General Nerf

The only thing I'm worried about is that the spring will be the same weak spring inside a recon.