Yakkers's Content

There have been 68 items by Yakkers (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#200861 Air Zone Professional

Posted by Yakkers on 03 January 2009 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Another thing jerm78, can you take a pic of the clip that comes out the bottom? I'm not planning to make it into an actual feeding magazine, just to see if it resembles an actual pistol mag for the aesthetical fun of putting the clip in. I'm really hoping to get my hands on one of these, but if I can't I might just paint one of those BuzzBee guns that is identical to a Halo MA5C assault rifle.

#200854 Air Zone Professional

Posted by Yakkers on 03 January 2009 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Anyone else notice a slight similarity? For anyone who doesn't know, thats the Magnum pistol from the Halo series. If these things were still easy to find, I'd love to give it a paintjob and integrate a nitefinder if the pump wouldn't work.

The darts also look exactly like larami darts. Is the darts' diameter that of micros or megas, or its own size?

#197321 World Of Warcraft

Posted by Yakkers on 19 December 2008 - 09:35 PM in Off Topic

I've been thinking about getting the 10 day trial but I don't know if my computer can handle it. What are the minimal specs to run this? This is just so I can understand what my friends talk about at lunch.

http://us.blizzard.c...ml=true?rhtml=y

Blizzard acts like a tobacco company, everything they do is designed to make you addicted to their game, but most people I know who play it still play sports and do other things with their life. It is possible to just play it normally like any other game.

#190826 The New Xbox Experience

Posted by Yakkers on 19 November 2008 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

I haven't done much with it but so far I really think I liked it the way it was before. One of the reasons I switched from Wii to Xbox was to avoid the annoying avatars and music (the menu music is very similar to Wii's)

#167009 The New Tommy 12

Posted by Yakkers on 06 August 2008 - 11:48 PM in General Nerf

That has to be the smallest handle I have ever seen on a blaster. It looks like it only holds two fingers, one on the trigger, one on the tiny handle.

#163766 Nerf Chaingun Idea

Posted by Yakkers on 22 July 2008 - 07:21 PM in Homemades

Don't take those posts too seriously, a lot of members here can act pretty menstrual about simple things, like bashing you instead of just pointing you in the right direction. So just try to type with good grammar, puncuation, and spelling and you should fit in fine.

#163713 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 22 July 2008 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

What state are you in G-Force?

#163686 New Gen Tommy 20

Posted by Yakkers on 22 July 2008 - 12:57 PM in General Nerf

Could you type up the instructions on the back? It's JUST small enough to not be readable even when shown at original size. Also how much did it cost? If it's really full auto does it have a fast ROF? I'm actually pretty interested in this gun, sounds fun to go attack people with but impractical for really anything else.

#162999 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 16 July 2008 - 01:14 PM in General Nerf

The gun isn't his, it belongs to a friend of his, so I'm assuming nobody's asked for internals because they don't want him to ask his friend for too much.

#162946 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 15 July 2008 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

Pics from NerfHQ:
http://flickr.com/ph...57606186003637/

The topic:
http://www.nerfhq.co...hp?topic=7413.0

#142890 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 27 February 2008 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

I actually like a slower full auto speed, maybe not that slow though. If it's similar to an airsoft gun, the rof should decrease when the batteries are lower, so lets hope the thing just needs new batteries there.

I like a someone slow speed because you can still spray darts everywhere and your ammo won't run out after a couple of seconds like a magstrike or rf20.

#142520 New Buzz Bee Lineup?

Posted by Yakkers on 25 February 2008 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

I've been frantically checking for these every day for a while, I noticed the new guns a week or so ago and posted on NerfHQ, but nobody really cared much. I've tried copying the product numbers and pasting them in place of another gun's number in the adress, but no luck so far.

#141796 Photon Burst Air Restrictor Removal

Posted by Yakkers on 21 February 2008 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

There are internal pictures on his other topic, found on the second page here:
http://nerfhaven.com...pic=10845&st=15

#141771 Bandoleer

Posted by Yakkers on 21 February 2008 - 06:06 PM in General Nerf

How well does it stay on your body? Unless the whole thing is elastic it looks as though it would jsut slip off.

#141424 Nerf Eliminator And Hyperfire

Posted by Yakkers on 19 February 2008 - 10:39 PM in General Nerf

Lets try to keep discussion of the Vulcan to this topic, this topic is about the new Dart Tag guns.

From the descriptions, i think the Elimination guns sound like crossfires.

#141317 Nerf Eliminator And Hyperfire

Posted by Yakkers on 19 February 2008 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

It was a mental picture.

#141314 Nerf Video Game Gun

Posted by Yakkers on 19 February 2008 - 06:13 PM in General Nerf

http://www.nerfhq.co...c=6745.msg79814

This has been seen before, but poissibly not on Nerf Haven. I might actually ge this if it's sold without the game, since I'm looking for a good Wii gun to play Ghost Squad with.

#140636 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 16 February 2008 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

I still think the little orange box on the side is a battery holder, and you put the chain in from the other side.

I don't think that's it because if they did come in from the right side, they'd have to come out into the box on the left.

#140630 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 16 February 2008 - 05:23 PM in General Nerf

I like the look of that thing! The chains look cool, but I can't really seem to see a way to connect them together. It's also nice to see the box. The release of this may be sooner than we think it's they have that box and everything done, but I know very little about the design process so that could mean nothing about the release date.

#140361 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 14 February 2008 - 10:22 PM in General Nerf

Since I like speculation (it's the most fun part of a new Nerf blaster for me) I'm going to take your advice and take my conversation to NerfHQ, I'll save here for things more like talk about the actual gun and modifications, not what we think it will be.

#140335 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 14 February 2008 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

If the whole front barrel thing is removable, I think I'd take it off and add a cosmetic six barrel turret, it won't rotate and they'll only fire from one, but it's a cosmetic thing.

Every time i think of having chains wrapped around my chest and spraying darts all over the room, I want this thing a little bit more ^_^

#140302 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 14 February 2008 - 07:30 PM in General Nerf

I think it might actually be on TV, read the quote "Celebrating its season finale on Sunday, 2/17, the American Gladiators series features NERF blasters and projectiles throughout the 'Assault' game course." Does anyone know what channel the new American Gladiators series is on in case they will be on it?

#140273 The Vulcan

Posted by Yakkers on 14 February 2008 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

Wow, this looks amazing. I'm looking forward to the 16th so I can see it on American Gladiators and see the chains, rof, and range. I'm probably going to record it.

#132644 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by Yakkers on 16 December 2007 - 11:37 AM in General Nerf

So it looks like mid December was right! Where did you get it? were there a lot in stock? and also can we get pics of the actual blaster?

#132459 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Yakkers on 14 December 2007 - 07:54 PM in News

I like some of those combinations, especially the Longshot with the Recon's barrel. OMC said the front barrel caonnects the same way, so it will probably be possible.

As tempting as it is to go and get it tomorrow, I think i'll wait until Xmas for it, it's more exciting that way.

#132200 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Yakkers on 12 December 2007 - 04:29 PM in News

That's just as bad.

It's not because I specifically said I didn't know. And i found out it was bullcrap by the way.

#132080 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Yakkers on 11 December 2007 - 05:52 PM in News

Skittles is right, promo. If you post shit like that, back it up with a picture or something (what cell phone DOESN'T have a camera?). Don't waste everyone's time with telling me what your friend's friend's brother's cousin THOUGHT they saw in the store.

I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....

Yeesh, I'm sorry, I said I wasn't sure of its authenticity and I was going to go find out. You don't have to flip out on me. I never said I actually saw it, I said someone else claimed to.

#131789 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by Yakkers on 09 December 2007 - 01:10 PM in News

One of my friends told me that in a Target they showed a Recon on display and said "Available on December 15." I'm planning to head up to a Target, not the same one though, so I'll say if see that there. I'll bring my camera!

#131345 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by Yakkers on 03 December 2007 - 06:53 PM in Off Topic

I want:

- A laptop (i already have a computer but i'd be willing to sell it for a laptop)
- A friggin cell phone, I'm 15 and my parents still don't think I need one. There have been countless times where I could have used one I'm sick of using office phones or borrowing others'cell phones.
- Magstrike, I wanted one for months
- 2008 Bionicle sets if they're out by Xmas, I have most of the 07 sets, i'm a big collector.
- A GBB airsoft gun. I know my parents won't let me get that, but i can dream, can't I?

This is an early version, I'm always changing it. I'll edit it as the list changes.

#130189 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Yakkers on 19 November 2007 - 07:00 PM in General Nerf

I saw that, but I think it was "According to Jim" Jim stayed at Andy's house and Andy has this arsenal of mainly N-Strikes. Also I saw a AT2K on the same show, different episode.

Yes, you're right, I got the two shows confused.

#130118 Hornet Help.

Posted by Yakkers on 18 November 2007 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

First, there's a slide on the top front of the gun, pull this forward to resset the barrel changing mechanism. that switches the air flow to the next barrel after each shot. Pump about 15 times, then pull the trigger. You can alternatively press either blast button on either side to fire all six darts.

I also suggest pressing the blast button after firing the darts to release the remaining air.

#130111 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Yakkers on 18 November 2007 - 07:13 PM in General Nerf

In the show King of Queens one character (don't remember his name) pushed a button and a huge arsenal of Nerf Guns transformed out of the wall, and they actually said "Nerf." There were lots of N Strikes, and I think longshots and mavericks.

#129403 Foil

Posted by Yakkers on 11 November 2007 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

I've seen these nowhere but Toys R Us. so I'd suggest looking there first. Nice mod by the way, it seem to have a lot of potential for cosmetics too, since it's just the plunger tube, so all sorts of grips, handles, stocks, etc. could be added to turn it into just about anything.

#129130 Clip Tek Internals

Posted by Yakkers on 08 November 2007 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

Sorry that this is a little dated (about a month, not too bad) but I've got some questions about the gun. Can you take a picture of the bolt open? I'd also love to know if the shells just kind of fall out or if something launches then out. And also, do the shells go completely sideways or launch more towards the wielder like the Mustang Six did?

#123407 Polar Star And/or Nemesis?

Posted by Yakkers on 18 September 2007 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

Ah yes, I love Doukutsu Monogatari. I'm still stuck at the final boss of whatever branch I'm in.

#102443 2006 Nerf Review

Posted by Yakkers on 19 April 2007 - 09:57 AM in General Nerf

I think this year has a record for the least talk about a new gun, only four pages for the Disk Shot. Most people only posted once saying it was a disappointment. I can't think of anything else, I'm not into nerf as much as I used to be.

Edit: Never mind, I just checked the date and that was in '07. Oops!

#102037 Leaving Nerf

Posted by Yakkers on 10 April 2007 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, it is like seppuku but with an assistant. Like that Russian doctor that was helping people kill themselves. Only the mods could actually commit virtual suicide on these forums.

Seppuku is actually done with an assistant, we just learned about it this year.

The Samurai will kneel holding his dagger. A friend Samurai will stand behind him with his sword ready. The samurai doing Seppuku then stabs himself with the dagger and pulls it through his chest to the left, and then the friend will chop his head off, but intentionally leave a flap of skin so his head won't fly across the room. The Samurai's friends and family watches this ritual with respect. Quite grotesque, yet more intersting than regular history lessons.

This was actually very similar, Piratej said when he was ready, and then The Infinite Shindig banned him. Except he is ressurected in 27 years :D

#101154 Baskeball

Posted by Yakkers on 17 March 2007 - 11:31 AM in Off Topic

I enjoy Basketball better than both of those.

I don't really play basketball, I don't like how you're constantly tensing up you leg muscles and darting around. I prefer volleyball.

#100827 Frozen Plasticine - Bb Like Ammunition

Posted by Yakkers on 05 March 2007 - 05:44 PM in Homemades

This reminds me of a time I tried putting a ball of sillt putty in some dollar store gun a long time ago. It fired three times further than the stock darts it came with.

#100820 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by Yakkers on 05 March 2007 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

I'm glad I'm 14 :D

I hate when there's a minumum age. When I said 14, they seemed reluctant for a second but they let me through. Now I'm depressed because I can't enter if there's one next year. But if I wanted to be sneaky, my voice sounds like I'm 11, so I might get away with saying I'm 13 or 14 next year.