x I forgot which's Content

There have been 9 items by x I forgot which (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#208935 Purelife

Posted by x I forgot which on 02 February 2009 - 04:06 PM in Modifications

Two things. Number one, I'm new to Nerf and even I can tell those bull shit ranges. And if anyone comments on how I said "bull shit" instead of "bs", I'll go shoot up the McDonald's about a mile from here. As everyone has said before me, PETG is best for air-guns and brass is best for springers(in my experience). Secondly, without ANY views showing the guns internals, or even that you put in a different barrel material. Now I can understand not wanting to take it apart again, because the Longshot is a bitch. But wouldn't it have been smart to take some pictures of the internals while you were doing the modifications? The Longshot spring and BBB spring with air-restrictors might get you ranges of 75-80 feet. But 100 is BARELY possible with the Angel Breech and/or a Carbine (or so I've heard). Secondly, you have no idea how idiotic you sound, bickering with TheNerfLoki. *in a childish voice*"I don't need to explain anything to you, so fuck off!" To be honest, I'm a 12 year old kid and I can speak more sensibly than that(yes, I know I broke the CoC, but I probably won't be attending wars, so I'll stay out of the way :cry: ). If anyone posted a mod like this and they gave ranges like those, would you believe them? I highly doubt it. Secondly, Tennis8668's signature describes this prediciment in the finest detail. So would both of you please shut up and continue on with life? Thank you. Oh and sorry for the semi-necro.

#208922 Double Shot Rear Loaded Half Shell Ejection.

Posted by x I forgot which on 02 February 2009 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

Sorry about the four month necro, but those minimizing a doubleshot, you can cut the barrel down past the foregrip. I'd recommend from experience cutting it about two to two and a half inches past the end of the foregrip. Again, sorry about the necro.

#208920 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by x I forgot which on 02 February 2009 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

EDIT: Double posted. Sorry guys.

#208919 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by x I forgot which on 02 February 2009 - 03:21 PM in Modifications

Also, does this mod affect air-seal? It looks like it might if you put a generous enough amount of glue on there. Do I unscrew the screw at the break and just take it out and attach the rope to a handle?

If you use enough glue you shouldn't see a drop in range. I actually just tugged on both ends of the gun (the barrel assembly was just dangling by the priming string) and something snapped on the barrel assembly to free the string from the pulley. And, unless you're fairly strong (I'm not,) it's quite difficult to prime without a handle. I'm going to fix this thing cosmetically (with some foam posterboard and silver spray paint) next weekend.

I meant it might increase them a little. However, I've yet to do it, so I won't say anything. I'm trying to find a strong enough string to use to reinforce the priming string, then make the handle. Right now, I'm gluing the shells.

#208873 The Bolter

Posted by x I forgot which on 02 February 2009 - 06:47 AM in Modifications

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I had bought a second generation Nitefinder from my friend for three dollars. I'm new to nerf, so I'm hoping someone can tell me the pros/cons of earlier Nitefinders? Is it the nicer stock paint (I hate the yellow/black) and should I buy his other two? Oh and you just showed me I have to mess with mine once again. Nice mod.

#208822 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by x I forgot which on 01 February 2009 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

I just sawed the barrel off at the ejection spring, and I advise anyone who likes being able to cock their doubleshot not to do it. I'm probably going to have to do this mod. Also, does this mod affect air-seal? It looks like it might if you put a generous enough amount of glue on there. Do I unscrew the screw at the break and just take it out and attach the rope to a handle? I'm going to try this as my *calculates and observes previously modded guns* fourth/fifth modification. Wish me luck.

#208810 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by x I forgot which on 01 February 2009 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Just a question. When you tore apart your double shot's barrel assembly, were there any necessary pieces in the foregrip? Because if there aren't, I'm going to take minimization a step further and saw that off too.

Nope, the only thing that the entire barrel assembly does is hold the shells (you can just glue them on after this mod) and make it easier to prime (there's a little pulley system.)

So there are no pieces in the yellow foregrip at all? Schweet. I guess my hypothesis was right, although I didn't want to break my doubleshot due to lack of cash and my doubleshot getting a consistent 35 foot range with only the barrel sawed off. As for them breaking, this is my second one, the first one I got before I got into modding, and it took about four months to break. It was worth the money, however. Anyhow, someone may be able to make one of the shittiest guns in existence a semi-worthy secondary.

#208685 My "broken" Double Shot

Posted by x I forgot which on 01 February 2009 - 04:48 PM in Modifications

Just a question. When you tore apart your double shot's barrel assembly, were there any necessary pieces in the foregrip? Because if there aren't, I'm going to take minimization a step further and saw that off too.

#208681 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by x I forgot which on 01 February 2009 - 04:34 PM in General Nerf

These really don't look bad. I actually just got validated, so this is my first post. :( On a side note, I'm a noob and even I know not to necro. So, yeah. I'm thinking of buying one and sticking an a2k inside the blade and running a tube to a CPVCed turret on the top. Might not be very funtional, but it would look cool as hell. If I do it, I'll tell you all how it works.