Jangadance's Content

There have been 620 items by Jangadance (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#350279 Who's still around from 2008/2009

Posted by Jangadance on 29 December 2015 - 11:55 AM in Off Topic

I SEE some familiar faces still...

#295060 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by Jangadance on 25 February 2011 - 01:55 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Took this pic of the Dec. 2010 Maxim.

I'm posting it in an attempt to arrouse 13 year old boys in a way that I know no woman shall ever arrouse me. :D

#277731 Raider-bbb

Posted by Jangadance on 14 June 2010 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

It is shellacked with Davy Jones' Laquer.

I liked this part.

But yes, it looks a bit fragile for my play style, I hope it serves you well!

#276221 Midwest Nerf Conglomerate

Posted by Jangadance on 28 May 2010 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

My username @gmail.com

#248876 Longshot With Cpvc And '2k Pump Tube Breech

Posted by Jangadance on 28 August 2009 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

Questions/whatnot?

I believe this is the gun I got hit in the forehead by as I was peeking from behind a tree @ about 50'.

Nice work all around, good luck w/ the integration!!

#247784 September Mnno 09'

Posted by Jangadance on 20 August 2009 - 09:26 AM in Nerf Wars

No reason why I shouldn't be there, with about 2 friends.

Again, if anyone needs transport around the Twin Cities to get to this war, just holler. I or someone else will assist in your deployment.

Koree and others who want to organize things, more power to you. Order = success!

#247738 Mega Missile Decrapification

Posted by Jangadance on 19 August 2009 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

I haven't seen this blaster, actually... Why does Buzz Bee make such horrendous shells? I mean seriously. And that pump is heresy. Has anyone posted comparison pics to the Blast Bazooka?

The air tank, or in other words, pull valve, is the only redeeming quality of this blaster... And Lanard seems like they essentially minimized their Blast Bazooka and put it in an tragically ugly casing. As far as the mod, I'd say simply based on the fact that it can achieve higher pressure with a bike pump past the 100 PSI mark, this is an equivalent to plugging a stock pump. But these things can be case by case and "house ruled".

edit: Looks like it could present a cheap, ugly, and decent blaster even with the detractors... thanks for the writeup! ^_^

#247288 Recapping Summer Minnesota War

Posted by Jangadance on 16 August 2009 - 08:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there with 2-3 friends. :)

Let me know if anyone needs a ride!!

P.S. Bring lots of spare darts because ya'll won't score a hit on me.

#246991 Magstike Redo....

Posted by Jangadance on 14 August 2009 - 08:31 AM in Modifications

im actually trying to resize an airtank so it fires 2 or 3 rounds. trying to lower pumping and dart use.

Good call, the only problem I can see would be a consistent and accurate spread. The benefit of the inner tube (I had thought, and at least with CPS soakers) was a steady flow even at the last few shots as the elastic continues to put pressure on kinetically.

Definitely try this with a minimized hard tank first, but don't be surprised if you have to rig up a tiny elastic bladder on this sort of blaster. Worthy project.

#246952 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 13 August 2009 - 08:47 PM in Nerf Wars

17th is a better date for me, unless I can hitch a ride with someone else, as I will not have car-age on the other dates.

I am fairly sure I am set for the 17th, its all pending on if I have a place to stay with relatives.

The date is set to the 17th.

If we want to do a warm-up war the 3rd or the 10th, I can start a separate thread when the date gets closer.

My Mazda gets almost 30 MPG but only carries 4 comfortably- any date is fine for me, if I ask off in advance. Whenever other MN Nerfers would be free, I can run a carpool down to the Windy City.

P.S. if you Chicagoans want to meet up for tea and crumpets, on any given day of the week, that's well and fine- hopefully we ALL can find a date that would allow for the biggest, baddest, Nerf war possible.

#246662 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

VIDEO

GG on the recording, editing and music was slightly slow and too much rave for me, but in general it got me pumped up to Nerf there with a bunch more people! I take it that you were requiring stock darts... hmm, verrry interesting. Can't wait for the winter. :)

#246661 Barrel Spacer Templates

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 11:26 PM in Homemades

Will you machine these for sad souls like myself who cant make them?

If enough people are interested, I may make a bunch. If I do, I'll post it in the trading thread.

I'm interested in SM1500's (about 4 potentially) and AT2k's (maybe just a couple).

I have a dremel and could probably do it myself, but you sort of have a "reputation" for this sort of clean stuff.

Also, I didn't really intend to start purchasing polycarbonate any more than calcium carbonate... coral calcium is the miracle cure after all! But seriously, I don't even know where to buy the kind of materials you crazy modders come by. :)

#246646 +bow Redux

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 10:19 PM in Homemades

Is it possible to have a gun that is has a Nerf war ban on "tapping"?

Because I don't really want to receive that aluminum battering ram of a toy blaster anywhere on my person.

Posted Image

"TAP!"

#246638 Recapping Summer Minnesota War

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 10:02 PM in Nerf Wars

The site looks fantastic, and it's convenient for me. I'm completely free on Tuesday, so anyone near Minneapolis can get a ride from me. Ask any MN nerfer who's met me if you want references! This is going to be fantastic, I'm pumped!!

#246585 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 03:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Taters and I were already planning on having a war on Tuesday the 18th, or sometime that week.

Works fine, I have the whole day off work Monday and Tuesday! This weekend I might have to see which of my blasters aren't busted and/or disassembled. Are your guys' darts thin or chubby?

#246577 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds like you guys had fun... cool. I third the motion to save this place for the winter, along with Newell and it's pavilion thingy, not dying during winter wars will be fun.
What's next? I vote a late day weekday war, say start at 2, war till 8. With how hot it's been, the cooler nights will be preferred, and it isn't too dark at 8. Anyone interested?

Without any advance notice, weekday wars would be better for me, since weekends are really busy for retail. Just throw a date out there that works for most people and I'll see if I close or open. :lol:

#246565 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 12:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Going through Wisconsin without getting a ticket is easy. Wisconsinites can't drive anyway, and the speed limit is optional.

5 hours is good time, but as Zorn Said, plan on about 6 hours each way. 7 gives two LONG mean stops instead of drive thru.

The college where Carrtoon and I used to attend straddles the Wisconsin / MN border just off i-90, and I drive to Chicago often. It's not a bad drive, just boring alone. Should make for a great road trip to Nerf, whoever is down...!

We'll probably come down 52 or 61, depending on if there's any stragglers that need picking up, and if we want the scenic (river) route. That time of the year, the bluffs look purdy with the leaves changing.

#246527 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 11 August 2009 - 12:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Eh, what the hell...

Go ahead and put me on the attendees list. I'll make it happen one way or the other. I can also transport up to 3 others (4 if you guys don't mind 14 hours of extreme discomfort). We can work out details later, but don't bring too damn much crap.

Beaver, you've seen my armory video... I promise not to bring more than half of it, k?

No, I have minimal shit I travel with, I would really survive with toiletries, a change of socks, and a gun. :o

Sounds like a blast! Who's got a big car / something not too gas guzzlish?

#246515 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 11:27 PM in Nerf Wars

If I carpool with someone to this war, I'll spot anyone who didn't think they could afford the train / bus / gas for their 5-10 bucks. That should NOT be a deciding factor for a Nerf war! :o

#246499 Converting A Bbb In An Air-chamber "bow"

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

I'm afraid a BBB without a trigger will be less war-practical.

Any of the MN nerfers who have been to a war with me would disagree, as Nervous Ninja was a nimble beast with my crudely effective modded BnA.

Posted Image

Good luck with the project, I think if you do it cleanly it could look fantastic!

#246494 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

I mean, I'm not fronting gas for a solo voyage across the barren landscape that is I-90 alone.

I wouldn't complain if Britney was coming though.

#246491 Chano 3 - Now Recapping!

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I would love to attend, pending:
  • I successfully (in advance) ask for the day off from work
  • solid confirmation of MN carpool

#246378 Beaver's Epic St. Paul War....recap

Posted by Jangadance on 10 August 2009 - 12:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Gravely wish I could have made it. Next time, guys...!

#245596 What's Next For Nerf In Mn?

Posted by Jangadance on 05 August 2009 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to hear from ya -- looking forward to seeing you at future wars. We've been having one about every 3 weeks, so I assume another August/September war will be in the works after this Sunday.

Your airgun is silly and cool. I'm curious to see how the old timers do it. Who all is in the picture?

That was just my crew that I rolled in with to one of the last wars I went to. Me on the left, Lil Sneak with the fiendish dual NFs, Nervous Ninja has the barbarian Bow, and Mitch the H2H freak.

Actually, Saturdays don't work the best for me as a rule, but I'll try to make it work for NERF days.

#245567 Super Soaker Mds

Posted by Jangadance on 05 August 2009 - 02:18 AM in General Nerf

DO NOT mod that thing. I don't know if (or to WHOM) it would be valuable, but it was one of my first Super Soakers.

Let it be known that it is a glorified SS50 with a wacky paint job. That means the trigger / valve system is merely an expansion spring that clamps over a kink in the tubing on the way to the "spout". In other words, low pressure capabilities, super-slow release.

Like others have said, modding is for CPS (multi-shots especially) or XP (the pull-valve that Larami brought over to their NERF blasters).

And M.D.S. is Multi-Directional Soaker... it has the novelty "I'm actually aiming over THERE" gag.

#245566 What's Next For Nerf In Mn?

Posted by Jangadance on 05 August 2009 - 02:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey kiddos, Jangadance here- Venom looked me up to let me know too late that there's a badass MN war this weekend! Unfortunately, I work all day, so this one just won't work for me. Let me know ahead of time and I'll schedule some time off! I still have my armory http://video.google....311907293311762 and have returned to Minneapolis. Much has changed for me, including graduating from college, but I'm very enthusiastic about joining up with the local Nerf crews for a good ole romp through a public space with plastic toy guns.

I normally would have posted in a different forum, but since right now all I can and will commit to is actually NERFING (wow, that's a change, right you oldbies?) this seemed like the right forum. I don't really want the red goddamn carpet, but hopefully some people are still around (MN and elsewhere) that remember me. See you on the battlefield!!

Posted Image

#132401 Wamno

Posted by Jangadance on 14 December 2007 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I will probably be in town... I'll let you guys know, and I'll try to bring a couple of friends if I make it.

Glad you're organizing it.

#120557 Legacy Of Cadmond

Posted by Jangadance on 20 August 2007 - 05:20 PM in General Nerf

Cool, well; there probably isn't any reason to make it personal.

Point is, he made some (dated) MS Paint comic strips that took only a couple of minutes each, and some of them are still kind of funny, and are all related to Nerf.

Give them a browse if you're bored...! B)

#120523 Legacy Of Cadmond

Posted by Jangadance on 20 August 2007 - 01:56 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I logged onto my campus account and found an old website I bookmarked approximately 1 million years ago.

I share it now with the world of newbies who were born after MS Paint Nerf comic strips went extinct.

P.S. Cadmond was a former forum member who made some original and interesting mods and other contributions back in the day. And he was silly.

http://www.pbase.com...baron/sandwhich

#118471 Central Wisconsin Nerf

Posted by Jangadance on 06 August 2007 - 10:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Keep us all posted. The bigger (and more inclusive) the better.

#117974 Minneapolis I-35w Bridge

Posted by Jangadance on 02 August 2007 - 02:20 AM in Off Topic

Thanks for worrying about me, I'm alright. I guess there's a first time for everything; never been near something tragic like this before.

My mom works at the downtown library, and I have a few friends at the U of M, but myself and everyone I know are unharmed. I was working all night tonight slingin' dough at the Lil' Caesar's, but my heart goes out to anyone who lost a loved one here in Minnesota.

P.S. my local cell phone couldn't get through to any other phone #'s in the Minneapolis area, anyone know if that's common when lots of people are using the phone networks?

#113766 Spano/ No Spam

Posted by Jangadance on 29 June 2007 - 03:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh, a war is going on? I'll see if I can bring myself and 2-3 others. Carrtoon might come too. :P

#113763 Girl Nerfers?

Posted by Jangadance on 29 June 2007 - 03:25 PM in General Nerf

There were 2 girls that showed up for one of our wars.

Posted Image

Typically, the girls don't get as hardcore into modding and forum usage however. But they love foam combat just the same!

Bad Karma represented the female Nerfers of the Random Encounter nerf clan from the Southeast too.

#112993 Another Trigger Design

Posted by Jangadance on 25 June 2007 - 11:59 AM in Homemades

There's a reason Doom and I both have the Lorax as our avatar; we both dole out indispensable advice.

flow might not be as important for Nerf as it is for water guns...

True, Doom- "flow" is not as important, but it is significant nonetheless. Typically, the best way to get alot of pressure behind a dart is to let all the pressure out as fast as possible. A pinch valve would inhibit that. This is why people who make homemade Nerf rifles use faster-flowing valves such as solenoid valves instead of slow-flowing ball valves, etc. Once the dart starts moving, there is pressure lost in the space behind the dart. People (starting with cxwq) have corrected that by using nested brass barrels to keep the dart in place while pressure builds up behind it, and then less friction by using graduated brass tubes.

Also, Hilt - make note of the fact that in Super Soakers, it isn't just the regular plastic tube that gets pinched, there is a thinner, more rigid section of the tube where the pinch action occurs.
  • provides less resistance against the pinching mechanism
  • seal opens/closes faster for quicker "flow" and cut-off
Posted Image

I'm sure there's a pinch valve in there somewhere... ;)

<edit> Finished response, forgot to add some stuff before </edit>

#112893 Another Trigger Design

Posted by Jangadance on 24 June 2007 - 06:54 PM in Homemades

Hey Hilt, what's up.

Well, if you've opened up a Super Soaker or two you know how the triggers work. Let me see if I can summarize.

The original Super Soaker models (SS 50, SS100, etc) DID use this low-tech pinch "valve" which you illustrate.

The XP and CPS models use Supermaxx/Airtech-esque pull valves. Faster action, better pressure capabilities, more reliable.

(The new Max-D models use a fancy quick-release ball valve which is actually pretty neat and has been used for Nerf homemades before.)

Unfortunately, the easiest and most old-school Super Soaker trigger (and therefore valve) style won't make an easy transition to Nerf. To experiment, pick up an old working Super Soaker at a garage sale, hot glue some 1/2" PVC on there and fire a few stock darts. It may take a few pumps, but you'll understand how slow the release is on this system and how it wouldn't be very air efficient or practical for Nerf. Nice idea though... always good to keep an open mind. If it works, you can punch me in the kidney at the next Minnesota War.

#103335 Spano/ No Spam

Posted by Jangadance on 01 May 2007 - 04:35 AM in Nerf Wars

You can expect me and whoever I randomly pull together to show up. I'll RSVP with a number of 3.

#103019 Max Force: Rattler

Posted by Jangadance on 29 April 2007 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

Old school sweetness. Thanks for posting, good tutorial and it was fun seeing one of Cadmond's MS Paintified glories once again.

Did I mention Old School? Damn. The guns, the mod, the user, the feeling of fuzziness it gives me inside? Kudos.

#101898 Mn Spring Break Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 06 April 2007 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I PM'd Janga at the one month, and he said he'd be going if Carrtoon was going, as Carrtoon was his ride. So nothing definite, but at least it's on his mind.

Cartoon and I have been talking about it, he seems interested, and if can get a car he'll bring us. I already took work off a month ago. If Cartoon can't get a car, I'll try to force my girlfriend to take me. In other words, yes I'll be bringing duct tape to the war. ^_^

#98791 Mn Spring Break Nerf War

Posted by Jangadance on 25 January 2007 - 11:39 AM in Nerf Wars

March 3rd through March 11th is me and Carrtoon's spring break here at www.winona.edu Winona State University in southeast Minnesota.

I'm sure we'll both try to make it, I'll find out what his and my spring break plans are and try to get back to you guys soon as possible.

#96934 Gears Of War

Posted by Jangadance on 22 December 2006 - 03:48 PM in Off Topic

• I played it for a day or two when my buddy left his Xbox 360 over here, so I'll add this to the thread...
  • as much as it's fun to feel so "tactical" rolling around, jumping over and posting up behind different walls using EXCLUSIVELY the A-button, it's oh-so-much a pain in my posterior to stick to every wall I run by when I'm holding A to crouch-dash (the only way to speed up movement (didn't this guy CliffyB make Unreal Tournament?).
    The walls practically grab you and the only button to control that is ... A.
  • it becomes like every other game, a rush for the power weapons... if they have a eat shit rifle and you don't, you're screwed because they will sit on top of a box somewhere and eat shit you where your innacurate rifle can't do enough damage to bring them down permanently. Where's my Halo 1 pistol?
  • host is a huge issue, especially when it comes to close combat fighting. If the net code stutters for even half a second, they will be behind you chainsawing you or punching a grenade into your body. Whoever has the better connection often gets the benefit of a quicker melee attack AKA instant death.
  • The only positives I will mention that haven't been said yet are that there are a lot of possible hours of enjoyment to be derived from putting together a squad who uses voice chat effectively and co-ordinating assaults. The game is definately manuevering-centric so I'm looking forwards to making the best of that. I like that there is limited to no auto-aim as far as I can tell. Don't let the noobs use the eat shit rifle like they might in Halo 2. Oh, and one more thing; PLANETARY LASERS! Yes, the Resonator or "Hammer of Doom" allows you to bring down a strategic laser from an orbiting satellite to wreck havoc upon your enemies. Badass.