zippy's Content

There have been 1 items by zippy (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#72793 Whats In Your Arsenal

Posted by zippy on 10 February 2006 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

Here's my arsenal. I started with an:

N-Strike Maverick Rev-6

I use this a lot in office Nerf wars. Of all my guns, the Maverick is my favorite for close-range dodging around corners use. It's fairly reliable, accurate, and fun to fire. The muzzle velocity is high enough that it has decent range and impact.

I then got the N-Strike Unity system:

N-Strike Scout IX-3, Hornet AS-6, Titan AS-V1

Of these, the Hornet had great promise, but is not reliable enough, especially with the smaller blue or purple tip darts instead of the black tip ones. I should note that all my guns have the pegs in them, and the blue and purple darts aren't fat enough to stick in the barrel and hold the air valve open.

The Titan is reliable and enormous fun, but too deadly at close range. I've since made a temporary conversion to fire microdarts by removing the barrel and using 3" of 9/16 brass tubing and some packing tape. The range isn't amazing with stock darts because of poor aerodynamics, but is still pretty good and the muzzle velocity and sound are impressive. Five pumps is enough for office use with microdarts.

I've since acquired:

2 x Rapid Fire 20

and these are very fun guns, though the velocity and range of the darts is lacking. While the Maverick will *smack* darts onto a flat surface, the RF20 just barely makes them stick. When I've unloaded all 20 darts on a whiteboard from 10' away, perhaps 8 have fallen off within seconds. Still, this is a great gun for short-range ambushes. It's a firehose of nerf doom.

Next, I hope to find some Power clips and one of the belt-fed guns.

--Pat