z80's Content

There have been 578 items by z80 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#302887 Territories

Posted by z80 on 05 August 2011 - 06:57 PM in General Nerf

We play at similar game at the Battles for New York, but with two teams. I love the pvc idea, I think I'm going to make my own for next time we play.

#294493 March Meltdown '11

Posted by z80 on 14 February 2011 - 10:50 PM in Nerf Wars

It pains me to do this, but since Grid Code was my first complete failure at hosting a war I want to make sure everyone has fun at this one. So two questions:

A. Do we want to play at Mill Creek? The addition of hoppers may mean this field officially needs to be put to rest.

B. What date? 5, 12, 19, 26

I know it's short notice so we can always hold Meltdown in April, but we need to get the 2011 season kicked off. Speak up.

Talio.

12th and 19th I could possibly do.

#292412 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 08 January 2011 - 01:04 AM in Nerf Wars

game obviously on.

#292390 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 07 January 2011 - 03:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Three to five inches predicted at the moment, the roads should be fine tommorrow. Expect to park in a sketchy place like last year.

Yeah true, I'll be there early tomorrow, so I'll figure out the parking situation. Probably the same thing as last time.
Also, anyone have an 18 shot clip or a mini drum clip they're willing to sell? My friend is a longshot freak and wants to buy one for a reasonable price.

#292231 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 04 January 2011 - 06:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm taking the train in. Can anyone pick me up at Mamaroneck station at 9:15?

Done.

#292214 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 04 January 2011 - 01:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Weather is calling for snow, I assume we're still on anyway.

Assume that we are still on until the morning of the war. If it is safe to travel and roads are clear, we're still on regardless of weather.

True Dat. Just check on here before you leave, I'll try to post it earlyish/the night before. Also, thanks lucian, that is very needed.

#292023 Stampede Shield In Wars

Posted by z80 on 01 January 2011 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, this is yet another annoying example of "what do other people think?"

Nerf wars are not sanctioned by any regulatory body, official or otherwise. You shoot nerf guns at your friends,and you make up the rules to increase your enjoyment. Whatever you find most fun, you continue doing.

If you really can't figure it out, you'll have to wait till the warm weather nerf season kicks back up for some potentially useless consensus opinions. My early prediction is that for my war(s), I will limit the use of the shields to the stampede itself, disallowing it to be attached to other blasters. The stampede's suckiness will take care of the rest.

I agree with vacc, I don't agree with it becoming another useless attachment, but clearly with the increased availiablity, we can't make it as easy to replace the internals/integrate as the manta ray. Also the attachment argument is weak. Using anything about the manta as a precedent is a poor idea. It currently is the ONLY sheild allowed, and for shakey reasons at best. Frankly, if it changes the balance of a war, then you can say something. If no one uses it consistently, and it doesn't become a problem, then I don't see why we should nerf it and make it another non-longshot N-Strike Clip gun (IE largely unused and underpowered.

#292022 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 01 January 2011 - 07:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Shoot, I really wish I could come to one of these but I have to work every weekend in the winter. Are there ever any in the spring/summer?

Maybe Summer/late spring. The farther into the summer, the more internships/vacations/summer semesters people have (at least for my friends) Keep an eye out around late april.
First post updated. A week till the war, be prepared.

#291002 Nerf Gun Instructions

Posted by z80 on 16 December 2010 - 12:05 AM in General Nerf

Nice find, but I still don't get what the point is. Yes, if you happen to want the instructions for a gun, you can look here, but why would you want them?

Its cool to look at nerf history. Same reason most vets know every crappy piece of shit gun.

#290873 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 14 December 2010 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I need darts, BTW. I'll bring a bunch of barrels so nearly any fit will work, but I'd prefer MrCrouse's thick beige foam.

ZAck you on campus? If you help me make some darts I'll give you some. I just have to find materials...

#290797 "nerf Nation" Shirts

Posted by z80 on 13 December 2010 - 11:28 AM in General Nerf

While you have a good point, Coop, I don't believe NH would qualify as a "Promotional Website."

If I had money... Cause I just bought an extra Longshot that I could put into one.

Ah, I see my reading error. I read it like they were missing commas (too used to reading silly YouTube kid messages)

"This offer may not be published in any promotional offer, magazine, or website without Hasbro’s written permission."

Disregard my previous post.

So does this mean that I should get rid of the info of the thread?

I think that line means don't copy the image onto other sites. But frankly I really don't know.

#290796 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 13 December 2010 - 11:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Well, shit. If DX, Lucian, Z80, and all the rest are coming, I can't say no. Count me in.

DX, bring an airgun!

I was just gonna Facebook message you actually. Can't wait till the war.

#290741 Flip-up "grenade" Sight

Posted by z80 on 12 December 2010 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

This would be infinitely more useful on a mav-titan scatter gun or something else of the sort than any single-shot blaster.

No, it would actually be worse. Thats putting a sight on a shotgun...

No, that's like putting a sight on a grenade launcher. If you're looking for dispersion and high trajectory arcs, the closest would be a scatter gun.

Or you can continue to live your small deluded world.

I just don't get how a distance sight would be particularily helpful for a gun that disperses over distance. It wouldn't be completely useless, but it seems like a scatter gun is meant more so for close distances. Also, the sight no matter what gun it is on is not gonna be particularly helpful. The comparison I posted was a bad one, I'll admit it.

#290734 Flip-up "grenade" Sight

Posted by z80 on 12 December 2010 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

This would be infinitely more useful on a mav-titan scatter gun or something else of the sort than any single-shot blaster.

No, it would actually be worse. Thats putting a sight on a shotgun...

#290449 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 08 December 2010 - 10:00 AM in Nerf Wars

http://nerfhaven.com...12082&hl=Battle
Heres a few pics

#290438 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 08 December 2010 - 12:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Assuming the roads are clear and not icy, I think i'll be there.

Its directly off the hutch and I95 so don't worry about hitting ice around the area, I dunno where you are coming from.

Dart Bans: Frankly, I've never really had to ever ban darts, just make sure they are quality and use discretion with weights. Same thing with guns, we are liable to ban if you make something dangerous. You have been warned.

#290321 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 06 December 2010 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

See you mofos there!

I'd like the rule of no barrel taps added. Or at least, you must tap with the side of the barrel only, and anything with exposed brass can't be used. I got hurt last time, and don't want it happening again.

I like having barrel taps, but the provisions you put might make sense. We'll discuss it at the game.

#290318 Bfny 5

Posted by z80 on 06 December 2010 - 09:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Another winter break, another battle for New York.

Date: January Eighth. Starting at 10:00, ends whenever we get bored (approximately 4-5)

Location: Saxon Woods, Mamaroneck, NY. About a half an hour outside the city. Here is the google maps location.

What to know: The actual field is about a mile or so from the parking lot. So expect to walk with your stuff a fair distance to the field and not to be able to run back to your car on a moments notice. For lunch, I would recommend you guys to bring it to the field, so we can take a lunch break there. Also bring plenty of water, as theres no source to drink from if you need it.
In terms of actual nerfing, we're going to do whatever we want each round. Obviously things like 3:15, gunslinger and CTF will be played. Also local classics like Outpost and ride the bull. Bring at least a primary and a pistol. In terms of bans, anything we deem too powerful will be banned. SO if you think it might be banned, it probably will. Also, even if we approve it and you start shooting people real close like a moron, we'll prevent you from using it the rest of the time.

And above all else.
Don't be a DickButt.

Confirmed-
z80+5? 6? 13? really depends on the fickleness of my friends.
Lucian+2
Faddle+1
Koree
Nerfer9
Redman
Skitzo
DX
Titanium2
Zackthemack
NLKM

Maybe
BallisticJoe
Bustadart + 5

#289432 Gyrostabilization Module

Posted by z80 on 29 November 2010 - 11:24 PM in Modifications

Though ilzot makes a valid point, disregard it and keep fucking innovating- despite what older/wiser types may tell you, that is the very spirit of nerf (if such a thing exists). I often make cool shit that a) has no use in an actual war, and b ) i don't post here- anticipating the same "senior members know what nerf is and i don't" knee-jerk reaction. Always innovate. Continue to do shit that has not been tried before. To quote a pillar of this very community, "nerf on or fuck off". Word.

Tru. Dat.
No seriously this guy has the right idea, and pins down one of the problems sometimes with the forums.

#285222 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by z80 on 10 September 2010 - 10:11 AM in General Nerf

Hey quick question, sorry if this has been said before, anyone know the size of the stampede sheild vs the manta ray?

#285084 New Shields?

Posted by z80 on 08 September 2010 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

Double alololol

#285083 New Shields?

Posted by z80 on 08 September 2010 - 02:00 PM in General Nerf

I would not go to a war that allowed shields other then the manta ray. That's because the manta ray is pretty rare and for the most part useless. It makes a seriously shitty shield and they're not the easiest things in the world to find. That being said, if you find one and are actually really good with it, it looks super impressive. Not to mention there's easy ways around it. Shields and melee are just plain faggoty and you probably like looking at dicks if you're into them. There's my opinion. This thread sucks.

Talio.

I agree that shields shouldn't be something that everyone has, and that is incredibly prevalent. But really, not allowing the new shield gun not to block shots is pretty hypocritical and elitist. Restricting shields to only the people who have the money or happen to land a manta ray is kinda pompous. What you are basically saying is "Oh you can't get a shield because its easy to get. Sorry bro, you're gonna go have to buy a manta ray if you want a shield, rather than use the gun you already have!"
Though they should be restricted, and the rules for shields should be a bit more coherent. Like no gluing manta rays/stampede shields on a crossbow or other primary. And personally, if you don't allow the new shields (well shield, the sword and shield one shouldn't be allowed. Its not a fucking gun.) then mantas shouldn't be allowed to block either. We don't do fucking grandfather rules here.

#269531 March Meltdown 2010

Posted by z80 on 18 March 2010 - 04:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't make it, have a ton of work due after spring break and alot of people I need to see.

#267657 The Grid Code Indoor Arena War

Posted by z80 on 02 March 2010 - 08:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll ask the other Stevens guys if they're interested, that could add up to 6.

I saw you today and you didn't even ask me!!! :P
I'm definitely down to go, might be able to get one or two of my friends but obviously don't count on that.

#264276 Nerf On The Internets

Posted by z80 on 03 February 2010 - 10:07 PM in News

Alright, fresh off the fb page. Don't want anyone to get their panties in a bunch, but here ya go:

"Wow. Well when you put it like that. We've actually heard a lot of praise for the Crossbow and would love to have it back in the game. Any specific reasons from Nerf Nation that we should take back to HQ with us?"

This was posted today in response to some people asking for Xbows. If you have some intelligent reasoning besides "We can mod it better!" then there ya go.

I think I just lost control of my bowels. As for an argument, probably say something like to draw some of the older Nerf audiences that remember the nostalgia of the original Crossbow, or its simplicity that would appeal to smaller children. *Don't mention anything about the internals* The only reason why I think they wouldn't take that into consideration is their new Milspec sort of appeal to little kids that want to be like soldiers, which the Crossbow would'nt fit into; and the fact that since they won't break for the most part, they wouldn't sell as many.
But that really is a fantastic breakthrough in terms of progress towards an Xbow re-vamp.

That was actually my friend max. Pretty surprised myself.

#264121 Alternate Elimination Rule Compilation

Posted by z80 on 02 February 2010 - 08:46 AM in General Nerf

Modified Barrel Taps
When a player is barrel-tapped, they must count in but do not lose a life.

I think there was some discussion about this one earlier in the thread, but I didn't see this specifically addressed: what's the idea behind this one? Isn't barrel tapping basically an anti-douche rule so that you don't shoot someone at point blank with a ridiculously powerful gun? Why penalize someone for doing it? Plus, it's harder to do a barrel tap, since you still have to have your gun loaded anyway.

Its a balance issue. If you get an instant kill with it, barrel taps become better than a normal shot. If it just takes out sheilds, then you still have to shoot someone to kill them, defeating the point of a barrel tap.

#264027 Alternate Elimination Rule Compilation

Posted by z80 on 01 February 2010 - 01:23 AM in General Nerf

I played a game called VIP here it is

Teams: Two, the VIP and bodyguards, and the assassins.
Objectives: The VIP's team generally has to keep the VIP alive for a certain amount of time, or to move them to a "safe" location. The assassins have to kill the VIP.
Overview: The VIP's team is generally stacked with the more firepower, but is almost always outnumbered. The VIP is generally very lightly armed, or not armed at all. As an interesting reversal of the game, the Bodyguards may be required to "rescue" the VIP before taking them to safety.

Yeah... I mentioned above that I wanted to keep this thread for elimination rules, not game types.

You also ripped that off from Wikipedia. I wrote it.

BTW, we played "Shields", aka 2-3-15 at BCNO. It was a hell of a lot of fun and really did make standoffs impossible. Many kills came from melee weapons and even an Atom Blaster.

Hes telling the truth. The gametype works surprisingly well, and does reduce the effectiveness of long range guns, while not entirely nerfing them.

#263262 Reverse Plungers

Posted by z80 on 26 January 2010 - 10:50 AM in General Nerf

Range is pointless. Why do people keep making such a big deal about range?!

Indoor wars are indeed fun. And yes, Rate of Fire rules the day in indoor wars.

Hasbro could not give less of a damn about the NIC. We are not significant to their bottom line in terms of sales of NERF products. Get over yourselves.

Use what you feel like using. If that's a Whiptail Scorpion integrated onto another Whiptail Scorpion, then Whiptail Scorpion it up like nobody's business.

Last I checked, Big Bad Bows were still being sold at retail at places like WalMart, Target, KMart and Toys R Us. I don't know why people get upset that NERF isn't re-releasing the SS2 or the SM5K. If you really NEED something that shoots 150 feet in order to be an effective nerfer, maybe you should find another hobby.

TL;DR: Stop waving your dicks around and go mod something.

I am very confused as to your statement. You seem to have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
1st point- Range is Pointless? Do you even have a basic grasp on the game of Nerf? Range (and by extension, dart speed) is one of the most essential parts of any gun. ROF can be very important, but at the end of the day, if one gun can shoot farther, and have the same or very similar ROF, the gun that can shoot farther is better.

Your other points are pretty accurate, other than the last thing you said. I don't know how many people are demanding SS2's and SM5k's. I think what people are really complaining about is the fact that the last couple guns are basically reshells of not particularly great guns. Its boring for the people who like to make big impressive mods.

I would like to say that people keep complaining about people who use high ranged guns and try to say this is a new problem. This is something that has been cemented for awhile, at least as long as every veteran or major person started using almost exclusively X-bows and +Bows. Even if they don't shoot excedingly far, they are a very good counter to most forms of rushing, shutting those people down, while allowing the far shooting types to be able to outrange them in standoffs. The game has clearly evolved to be more far shooting in the past few years and its everyones fault. If we had some people stick with longshots after they came out, we would have been much better off, but no one did, and I havent seen a longshot other than my friend matt's for awhile now.

#262269 Winter Bcno

Posted by z80 on 18 January 2010 - 01:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be going down to the war with zack that day, should be fun.

#262119 Cyber-grindcore

Posted by z80 on 17 January 2010 - 03:18 AM in Off Topic

Well, I doubt any of you have ever heard of the genre of music Cyber-GrindCore. Basically, it's just electronic instrumental arrangements (Guitar, drums, bass, and lots of synth), using computer programs such as FL8, and adding vocals that sound like dying animals. I got in to making it, and even though many people think it's just noise, it's actually very fun to make. I don't take making this music seriously, so don't tell me how much it sucks or whatever. What do you guys think of the genre itself?

Here is mine, called Mutated Abomination:

http://www.myspace.c...atedabomination

If I say so myself, it is a good representation of the genre. Tell me what you guys think.

Im a fan of strange music, with a major fetish for weird electronic, chiptune, breakbeat and ambient.
But I have to admit, that was really bad. It went from bad breakbeatish rhythms to just kinda noise with poop mixed in.

#260867 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by z80 on 05 January 2010 - 10:32 PM in General Nerf

Interesting, on that list the Longstrike is named the Redshift instead. Why couldn't they have colored it red rather than blue and named the retail version the Redshift? It's less confusing for everyone that way.

So, where did you find the pictures? Someone seems to have acquired and unboxed it, maybe they could be contacted?

Where does it say redshift? Maybe Im blind but where do you see that?

#260574 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 03 January 2010 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Z80 riding the bull.
Posted Image

RIDE THE BULL MOTHERFUCKERS AT ALL COSTS.
NO FEAR. NO HESITATION. ALL BULL RIDING.

#260432 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 02 January 2010 - 01:12 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't wait, I was making darts till pretty late...
I just realized that my only winter jacket is neon green.. So much for camo. And the weather forcast said a high of 29 so it should be pretty chilly.
I was thinking about bringing my Flip camcorder, If anyone actually checks this before the war, do you think thats a good idea?

Sure, documentation is always awesome.
Also we might be creating a new gametype, called carry the bull. Its a literal type game.

#260416 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 01 January 2010 - 11:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Aight, pumped for the game tomorrow. Weather is light snow , which is fine. No rain at least.
Im with six of friends modding, fixing and dart making. Getting alot more people to show up tomorrow, should be good.

#260293 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 31 December 2009 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Is anyone gonna bring name tags and a sharpie?

Um, you learn people's names by asking and remembering. We don't need stupid name tags.

#260271 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 31 December 2009 - 01:23 PM in Nerf Wars

In addition to what I said yesterday about bringing lots of blasters/materials to sell/trade, I think we should all stay where the parking lot is for the first 30 minutes of the war (until 10:30) so that we can make deals. Let me know if this is not a good idea, as this will be my first war.

We'll probably do deals afterwards. Im not sure how many people have wares, we'll play it by ear depending.

#260148 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 30 December 2009 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

We need a zombie round, otherwise the stock raider will serve no purpose.

Of course we'll do zombies. Though maybe limited feild area.

#260046 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 28 December 2009 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm gonna wait until the night before to spraypaint the backs of the darts depending on the weather report. If it snows/is snowing then blue, and if its not, then white. What do you guys think?

I would say just spraypaint blue beforehand. Doesnt really matter.

#260025 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 28 December 2009 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I'm worried about the weather as well. Is there a snow date, or will the war go on regardless of weather?

And Cheesy, there's no such thing as too many darts. I typically run through about 300 per war, but I'm not big on the whole 'aiming' thing. You'll want at least 30 per round, and count on losing them all.

There wont be a snow date, we'll be there rain or shine. Just come if you can, its gonna be awesome either way. Snow wars are the best.

#259993 Battle For New York 4

Posted by z80 on 28 December 2009 - 05:36 PM in Nerf Wars

According to weather.com, it's supposed to be snowing and windy the day of the war. Just letting you guys know......

Also, I know JADTO already asked, but anyone have any advice for how many darts I should bring? I have never been to an NIC war so I wouldn't really know. Thanks.

Battlefield conditions as we like to say...
also its in the woods so major wind cover, and mamaroneck usually isnt hit as hard as other places when it snows due to the sound location.