Muttonchops's Content

There have been 132 items by Muttonchops (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#362996 APOCALYPSE 2018 - Saturday August 4th in Ocean Township, NJ

Posted by Muttonchops on 09 May 2018 - 10:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't like the new rules. 

I'm out.

Seconded.  Just Kidding, I'm not showing up anyways.  

#354660 Looking back at 14 years in the LGLF...

Posted by Muttonchops on 29 June 2016 - 10:11 AM in Off Topic

Goddamn that is awesome.  Well done Langley, and the rest of you.  I really need to get my ass back out to some wars...

#344036 [PA] Nerf War at Plains Airsoft Arena, Sunday March 22nd

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 January 2015 - 09:59 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a reasonable chance I can make this. I need to confirm with the other half there are no plans this weekend, and I'll be in contact with the other Philly nerfers for carpooling.

#340988 Apocalypse 2014

Posted by Muttonchops on 04 August 2014 - 07:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Apoc. Fuck yeah.

#332801 Front Page Update: Supplemental

Posted by Muttonchops on 08 August 2013 - 09:25 PM in News

Pew Pew, Mother Fuckers

#332734 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by Muttonchops on 06 August 2013 - 07:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Most of what I have to say has been said before, but one thing can't be over stated: This war would not have happened without Langely. We all owe him thanks for putting together a great war, as well as providing the extras, like the water and awesome bandanas.

+Actually nerfing. Its been too damn long.
+Demolishing the other team during the first set of freeze tag. Go Orange!
+Seeing Langely's dumbfounded face when I burst out of the trees with a full-auto stock nerf gun. Rapidstrike, Bitches!
+Phenominal arced shots during Freeze Tag from Numa. Turned the games around.
+Tommy the Bull - Don't underestimate this little dude. He'll tear you a new sphincter
+The one gun that broke was fixed mid-war. By me! Holy crap, I didn't expect that.
+Ug rocking my crossbow.

And of course, the biggest awesome part was afterwards. As per the usual, again, thanks to Langely for letting us demolish his wonderful abode, and for all the Ohioians/Sex Dwarfs/LGLF/Mongols/Asians that came by.

Hoo Rah.

#331647 Apocalypse 2013

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 July 2013 - 02:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Its expected, but yeah, I'll be in attendance.

#327595 Gears' Spring Break at Smedley

Posted by Muttonchops on 04 March 2013 - 08:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I should be present at least for a short while. Maybe the entire while. Still trying to figure out my logistics.

#325602 RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER: War at 'The Grid Code' Indoor Ner

Posted by Muttonchops on 22 January 2013 - 10:53 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there, potentially with another person. If the other person attends, I'll bring the additional cash.

Langley, are there any additional game types or items we should bring / plan out? While 3:15 is the good ol standby, this is one of the few venues that I believe can make for some good objective type games. CTF being the foremost.

#324197 Philadelphia Winter Nerf War Dec 22nd DATE CHANGED TO DEC 22nd!

Posted by Muttonchops on 06 December 2012 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll prob be there, at least for a portion. Trying to balance between two holiday parties

#323044 DCNF#6

Posted by Muttonchops on 25 October 2012 - 05:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I hate doing this, but balls. Of the 5 other people I was planning on coming down with, every single other one has backed out of the war. As such, I will not be in attendance, for I do not feel like driving six hours solo in a day. That is all.

#322817 DCNF#6

Posted by Muttonchops on 20 October 2012 - 09:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Uh, I'll be there. Realized I never posted.

#321436 SMEDLEY PARK WAR

Posted by Muttonchops on 06 September 2012 - 10:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there until 3pm. I'll plan on being there early to help set up and run rounds.

Edit: Fuck you Langley

#319976 Apoc Reaction/Feedback Thread

Posted by Muttonchops on 05 August 2012 - 04:50 PM in Nerf Wars

As always, a phenomenal war. Langley, Vacc, and TED, well done running things, and keeping the day flowing. It was entierely too hot, and I think I spent more time in the forest then usual trying to stay in the shade.

Jolts are awesome in gunslinger heaven. Don't underestimate them.
Penta is super sweet. PEW PEW fo'eva.
Drinking with the Dwarfs is always a good time
"Thanks for Lupie, coach"
It was good watching a bunch of unfamiliar faces nerf, I'll be keeping things in mind for the MANL draft. If you haven't signed up for it yet, go do so now. Unless you suck. Then don't.

Edit: Sorry TED

#318130 NJW8.5

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 July 2012 - 10:57 AM in Nerf Wars

There is a reasonable chance I'll be in attendance here as well. Hell, screw that, I WILL be in attendance.

#318129 Apocalypse 2012

Posted by Muttonchops on 07 July 2012 - 10:53 AM in Nerf Wars

I guess its obvious, but I'll be in attendance. Taquito, if you bring that fucking shopping kart again, I am throwing you while in it.

#315545 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Muttonchops on 11 May 2012 - 09:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Dicks Dicks Dicks Dicks

Dicks Dicks Dicks Truthfully, if I was to be entirely reasonable, I would also ban ammunition with metal and hard plastic, but I do understand that no one (other than myself and maybe 4 people) has ever bothered to make hopperable ammo safe. So I'm already going beyond my comfort zone to accommodate the ruinous bullshit that the online nerf community takes for granted. Uberdicks Bullshit Dicks Dicks Dicks Dicks Dicks

Gobble Gobble Gobble (And I'm not making turkey sounds people)

Sorry guys, I wont be able to make it, hope everyone has a fun and safe war!

#315542 NJFW6

Posted by Muttonchops on 11 May 2012 - 03:51 AM in Nerf Wars

I will actually be able to make this war, at least for the morning portion. It will be time to test out a new project...

Also, I may have a couple hundred feet of beige lying around, I'll bring some by, and we can discuss logistics

#315081 Philly Area Nerf War, Round Two!

Posted by Muttonchops on 02 May 2012 - 07:37 AM in Nerf Wars

I"ll try my best to make this war: this should be enough warning for me to plan appropriately.

EDIT: So, yeah, I will not be in attendance. Prior plans that weekend with the family. Have fun all

#315079 Philly Area April Nerf War

Posted by Muttonchops on 02 May 2012 - 07:33 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to say Thank You to Koree, that was a solid way to start of the outdoor nerfing this year.

Overall, I was quite impressed with the skill level on the field. Made things an actual challenge, and thats good. Well done all

#313459 Philly Area April Nerf War

Posted by Muttonchops on 24 March 2012 - 09:07 AM in Nerf Wars

v 2.0 Reflex / UMB. I plugged the pump, expanded the tank with a Sten style foregrip, added some shell strength and chopped down the pump handle.

Normal East Coast Rules (Final decision up to host, of course)
Air guns that fire anything larger then a mega must have working OPRVs
Air guns that fire anything larger then a mega can not have tank expansions

Now, some people are more anal about these rules then others. Vacc would likely beat you over the head with that monstrosity, and then suplex you. Koree may allow it. Range test it and check it out at the war-site before use.

Also, April 28th is a little ways away, but I believe I should be able to attend. I'll see you all there.

#313458 Defender T3 Overhaul

Posted by Muttonchops on 24 March 2012 - 08:50 AM in Modifications

First of all, I would like to say good job on the write-up, and very nice job on the painting (and subsequent explanation).

However, I would like to caution that it would be a good idea, in fact, to re-enforce the catch, and potentially add a new catch spring. Why?

Posted Image

No, its not as pretty, but its just as functional. After about a year of use, it is now inoperable due to the catch being mangled. Now, its a years use, and you can replace that. I totally agree. However, it started mis-firing at about 4 months, and rapidly degraded from there, and it is a phenomenal blaster to use. It would just be a shame for it to go to crap before its time, and NF catches do NOT work well as substitutions (They become dookie even quicker).

Either way, have fun with it, and nice job

#311812 DCNF 3

Posted by Muttonchops on 25 February 2012 - 01:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Just read the rules and regulations, no boozahol? Fuck this shit.

#311515 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Muttonchops on 19 February 2012 - 10:24 PM in Nerf Wars

So, recap time is it? Fine.

First off, I think most of the NIC needs to have a recap on what a barrel tap is. Its not a bayonet. Its not a 'knife.' Its saving someone the pain of being shot point blank, and yourself the embarrassment of missing point black. Jabbing wildly around corners with shitty PVC barrels is not really 'tapping.' The breaker of this rule, I was sorely tempted to kick you in the junk. Sorely.

Overall, it was a fun war. I liked getting back to my close range roots. I'd like to thank the LGLF, especially Jlego, Gears, and Cranky, Langley, Mrs Langley, Bizzaro Langley, Kid Langley, Earth 1 Langley, Yelgnal, and the ever present all-Langley for hosting this war. It was a phenomenal time gentlemen, thank you for putting forward the effort and time to arrange this war.

Other then that, if you didn't go to 'lunch,' I dont care about you. Except Clownie. I still don't care, but he can keep the avatar. He's a fun target to shoot at, and a decent sense of humor to boot.

Nerf on or fuck off

#311413 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Muttonchops on 17 February 2012 - 11:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, BPSO, team pistols? I'll duel-wield, 'splat in one hand, booze in the other. It will be awesome.

Powerclip elevator ambush?

#311355 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Muttonchops on 17 February 2012 - 10:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I really wanted to post the "Mars, bringer of war" link here, but if we have new people attending, I don't want to give them false impressions.

Just a note that I will be there, and singing it the entire way up, and plan on spending the day with the pistol splat, the recon, and at least one flask.

That is all.

#310348 Grid Code Indoor Nerf War in PA

Posted by Muttonchops on 30 January 2012 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there, as per our conversation. Time to diddle some faces, and by that, I mean no poon blasters. Maybe the recon and mantarm will make a comeback? God I hope not.

Also, Clownie, you better be a fucking awesome dude, or else I will have to skull fuck you right in the stupid mask for using my avatar.

#306277 Hell Before Halloween 5

Posted by Muttonchops on 21 October 2011 - 07:54 AM in Nerf Wars

Prepare yourselves...

#302883 APOC TOMORROW

Posted by Muttonchops on 05 August 2011 - 06:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there be port-o-potties at the park?

Yes there are several next to the parking lot

#301892 Harpoon Blaster OPV issue.

Posted by Muttonchops on 20 July 2011 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

Being that I have four Harpoon blasters, this happened to two of mine. Curly was right the first time, the OPV is stuck. Just pump it up way higher then you normally would, it will likely engage after the ~10th pump, and after that it should work normally. No pulling apart the blaster, no installing new parts. Simply pump the blaster up and the OPV should engage. Be careful, be gentle (dont pump it like an asshat) and you'll be fine.

#301392 Apoc Round Schedule and Sign Up

Posted by Muttonchops on 12 July 2011 - 10:18 AM in Nerf Wars

1 - Deathmatch
2 - Deathmatch
3 - Deathmatch
4 - Deathmatch
5 - Deathmatch
6 - Deathmatch
7 - 4 Team Deathmatch / Clan War
8 - Deathmatch
9 - Deathmatch

The way East Coast is meant to be played

#301185 Supreme Crossbow Internals

Posted by Muttonchops on 08 July 2011 - 12:12 PM in Modifications

As a note for those of you wondering how well it works, let me vouch that my xbow fires a chopper better then most +bows I have seen. The gap really is small enough that it does not impact actual play in the least. Its worth it.

#301169 Dart of War 4: Home is Where the Dart Is

Posted by Muttonchops on 08 July 2011 - 12:35 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be in attendance, and have already RSVP'ed to the facebook group

#297603 Phoenix Down! Rising From the Ashes! May 7th!

Posted by Muttonchops on 27 April 2011 - 08:50 AM in Nerf Wars

And if you're old enough, we'll partake in the goodness of some Molson Canadian, forget that Yuengling crap.

"Goodness" of Molson? Id rather get stabbed with a soldering iron then drink that stuff. Plus, its Canadian. Things are only good in canadia if it has more springs added to it then is healthy.

Lionshead a fair balance? Supports the local economy, cheap, and the puzzles get hard for every one you drink.

#297385 Phoenix Down! Rising From the Ashes! May 7th!

Posted by Muttonchops on 20 April 2011 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Can't make this one, sorry guys. Gonna be flying back from Italia that day (and jet lag will be killer).

Damnit! If you decide to come, I'll make sure to have a case of Yuengling available...

#297384 April Jersey War

Posted by Muttonchops on 20 April 2011 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Assuming nothing stupid comes up for me, count me in.

#297273 Phoenix Down! Rising From the Ashes! May 7th!

Posted by Muttonchops on 18 April 2011 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Cause I won't be graduating that day, count me in

#296579 March Meltdown '11

Posted by Muttonchops on 25 March 2011 - 11:30 AM in Nerf Wars

Chops and Grz checking in, we can do either war site

#294566 March Meltdown '11

Posted by Muttonchops on 16 February 2011 - 10:02 AM in Nerf Wars

The 12th is pretty much a def no for me, and the 5th is just about as bad. 19th or 26th should work.

#293400 Ohio Revolution Preparation

Posted by Muttonchops on 26 January 2011 - 06:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Bob, I'm sorry, but what the fuck is your problem? Do you just go around all day gargling buckets of diarrhea and chuckling to yourself as you muck about on an obscure hobby forum?

Your post was a stupid image macro thrown into a thread you had no purpose being in, and offered nothing of value. Yeah, I said image macro. Technically, yes, it does not fit the 'definition,' but I think most of us use the term image macro interchangeably with "stupid image that makes the internet dumber." Then, go ahead and correct an administrator how you were not 'doing anything wrong,' all the while smiling smugly to yourself for beating the system.

Please, just shut up. You are a plague upon the internet, and likely humanity. We don't need your goddamn opinion on every single thing that pops up. Ever hear the phrase "Silence is Golden?" How about you try that for a while. Now, I won't be able to read your response, as you will be the third person added to my ignore list. Either way, go gargle on a cock, and have a nice day.