sam's Content

There have been 872 items by sam (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#309341 Minnesota Re-Boot Mod Party 2

Posted by sam on 10 January 2012 - 11:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Please message me if you are interested and we can figure out the details. I live in St. Paul and have a car, so I'd be happy to meet someone halfway to drop this stuff off.

#309326 Minnesota Re-Boot Mod Party 2

Posted by sam on 09 January 2012 - 07:15 PM in Nerf Wars

I have a bunch of PVC, Brass sections, PETG sections, various parts and springs I'd like to donate (for free) to the mod party. Could I drop it off with anyone tomorrow or Wednesday?

#309019 Minnesota Re-Boot Mod Party 2

Posted by sam on 02 January 2012 - 12:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, I won't be able to make it to the modding party, but I've got all this stuff for sale and we could work out some sort of drop off if you're interested in any of my stuff. I also I have a whole bunch of PVC I'd toss in for free with anything you buy. Check the thread and let me know:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=21945

The prices would definitely be subject to a "Keeping MN Nerf alive or something like that" discount.

#274163 Spano 2010

Posted by sam on 06 May 2010 - 12:53 PM in Nerf Wars

I might try to come out of retirement for this one if my summer classes allow it.

#260456 Cataclysm - Chicagoland War

Posted by sam on 02 January 2010 - 11:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe as well.

#259589 Minnesnowta Recap

Posted by sam on 22 December 2009 - 05:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be interested. I'd be more interested if it was outside as the weather is pretty reasonable right now.

#244367 Minnesota Ex-sof War Recap

Posted by sam on 28 July 2009 - 03:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I also had fun!
Sorry I missed out on the second day. I ended up sleeping through my alarm till 12, then realized i had a shit load of stuff to do before I drove back to Milwaukee on Sunday. So thats why I missed Saturdays part.

I was a bit disappointed to realize that I am still not quite happy with any of my blasters. I think I need a good solid breach for my +bow. And a L+L.

#243762 Bbb Plunger Tube Replacement

Posted by sam on 24 July 2009 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

Haha you did this in the hotel room!
Pretty cool looking, we'll see how it performs tomorrow.

#243595 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 24 July 2009 - 02:04 PM in Nerf Wars

The park is Treasure Island for all those that may know the area. I just saw it on Wednesday, and to put it simply, it would be ballin'.

#243589 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 24 July 2009 - 01:47 PM in Nerf Wars

I know this is kinda of Venoms , but would anyone be up for a posusible location change after dinner?
If some of you recall the very very first SPANO, we played at a pretty Effeminate playground, well that playground apparently st got an addition sometime in the past year, and it is pretty Effeminate, and would be an even better place for a war. We can discuss further at the war.

#243567 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 24 July 2009 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Has this location been tested before? Its in kind of a weird spot.
I've got a really good back up location should something be wrong with this site.

Anyway, I'm bring all at excess PVC I have. Someone should take it.

#243310 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 23 July 2009 - 12:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm feeling rather generous, so I'm going to be bring some prizes to people that impress me over the weekend. They are nothing amazing, but they are worth winning.

#243189 Minnesota Dart Factory Day

Posted by sam on 22 July 2009 - 03:44 PM in Darts and Barrels

Have two different types of darts is kind of counter productive i think.
CS darts are the way to go. They work well in both high powered and lower powered blasters, and are super cheap and easy to make. and I'm sure we could think of an easy way to dye the felt tips a bright color so that they are easy to find on the ground.

#243078 Minnesota Dart Factory Day

Posted by sam on 21 July 2009 - 09:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'd prefer to use OMC's thickwall PETG as a barrel material, but I suppose it doesn't really matter to me.

#243053 Minnesota Dart Factory Day

Posted by sam on 21 July 2009 - 07:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

I think you are confused here -- 9/16 is much closer to thick-wall PETG than 17/32.

He might be talking about the polyester tubing aka PETG from McMaster-Carr. It's part #9245K25. It's close to 17/32" and works great for Dennis Caulk's foam with airguns. It's a little more expensive than OMC's though but it fits in CPVC couplers nice. Also a bonus if we're using CPVC for springers. There's your universal barrel system.

Yeah, thats what I was talking about, thanks for the clarification Ryan.

I personally prefer CS darts. I find that they are by far the easiest to make, and weigh plenty.

I guess it's a taste of personal preference, but traditional stefans (well-made) fly much further than slug darts.

I think that regular style stefans have a slightly better performance, but are slightly harder to make at a consistent, high quality level.

#242959 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 21 July 2009 - 10:25 AM in Nerf Wars

You can put me down as a for sure for both now.

I wouldn't mind starting a bit earlier on Friday, like 3 or 4. Anybody else interested in starting early?

#242958 Minnesota Dart Factory Day

Posted by sam on 21 July 2009 - 10:12 AM in Darts and Barrels

If we are going to standardize darts in MN, we should also standardize barrel material. I think McMaster foam with thick-wall PETG (similarly sized to 17/32" brass) is a pretty good fit. I suppose we don't need to standardize barrel material, but it would be nice to do a big group order on some barrel material to keep the price down.

I personally prefer CS darts. I find that they are by far the easiest to make, and weigh plenty.

#242190 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 16 July 2009 - 09:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Is someone gonna be able to get in touch with Carrtoon?

#241904 Pre-sof Minnesota Wars

Posted by sam on 14 July 2009 - 12:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Why on earth are we doing an indoor war when the weather is above freezing?

#240647 Minnesota Ex-sof War

Posted by sam on 07 July 2009 - 01:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe as well. I should be able to make it to least the Saturday war, but cant make any promises.

#239455 Minnesota Early July War

Posted by sam on 30 June 2009 - 04:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make the latter two wars. It would be nice if one of those two was at Highland, or someplace a little closer.

#238759 Minnesota Early July War

Posted by sam on 26 June 2009 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Wait, the SOF war isn't happening any more?

#238008 Spano 09 Recap

Posted by sam on 22 June 2009 - 01:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Glad to hear you guys missed me. Cute.

Cool that this little war I started a few years ago has gotten to be so awesome.

I'll be back in July. Nerfing twice sounds awesome (SOF war and a warm up war?).

Oh, and Noobs will never be better than Vets. You punks just got lucky. I also have to keep my promise and punch all the vets in the face. Sorry guys, a promise is a promise.

#236081 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by sam on 13 June 2009 - 08:12 PM in Nerf Wars

DAMMIT!! Hell ass bitch titty motherfucker!!! Carrtoon, Ryan, Rork, and Carbon! Dammit!!

Dammit!

#233332 Dcno Spring 2009

Posted by sam on 29 May 2009 - 10:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, turns out I'll be flying into DC tomorrow for a vacation with my family. I totally could have gone to this if I wasn't dumb as hell, and had paid attention to it. Just thought I'd let you guys know how dumb i feel. Have fun!

#232972 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by sam on 27 May 2009 - 10:40 PM in Nerf Wars

OK EDIT:
i would buy the materials your selling would there be a chance you could bring those materials to the nerf war i would be more then happy to purchase them there

If you would have payed attention you would know that I won't be at the war.

PVC still available.

#232863 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by sam on 27 May 2009 - 04:10 PM in Nerf Wars

This isn't related to the war, but...
I've got a bunch of PVC that I'm looking to get rid of. If any of you Minnesota people want to pick it up at my house I would offer it to you for a super low price, like $5 for all of it or something. Here are the sizes:
1 1/4" about 5'
1" thinwall, close to 10'
3/4" thinwall, xlose to 10'
1/2" CPVC
Yeah so if you want it come pick it up for $5 or something. Send me a PM if your interested.

#232386 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by sam on 25 May 2009 - 09:17 AM in Nerf Wars

In that case I will not be able to attend. Have fun Rork.

#232326 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by sam on 24 May 2009 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Any chance you could move it up a week to the 13th? or does that conflict with Rork?

#231457 Mnnnnoooco.... Whatever Its Called

Posted by sam on 20 May 2009 - 08:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah for serious... Pictures!!!

Here are a few of my highlights
-Nerfing with Ryan and Hilt...and Snake...and everybody else
-RSCB +bow, awesome!!
-Cutting down on goofing around
-The new location across the bridge, I think its better than the old location
-ummm lots of other stuff! Hooray!

#230488 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 15 May 2009 - 11:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I've got your hook up, Venom.

See you ladies tomorrow, bright and early.

#230438 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 15 May 2009 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Venom, could you bring your flagging tape?
Also,
Be there at 9:30, we will be STARTING at 10!

#230366 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 15 May 2009 - 10:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Any last minute questions? I'd also like everyone to look at this first post in this thread again to make sure they are on time and bring everything they need to.

#229857 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 12 May 2009 - 05:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be willing to buy an AT2k for one of you dudes, assuming its for a reasonable price.

I don't think I'll be able to host June war, as I head back to Milwaukee in the middle of it, but I'll be back some time in July, and we have the SOF war some time too.

#229818 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 12 May 2009 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, you can use it, however, I'd you to bring a back up just in case.

#229791 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 12 May 2009 - 11:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay, here are the rough plans:
9:30 Arrive and prep
10:00 2 team death match warm up
10:15 3 team death match warm up
10:30 capture the flag (2 teams)
11:00 Central flag (2 teams)
11:30 Central Flag (3 teams)
12:00 2 team death match
12:30 Lunch
1:00 Pistol round (3 person teams)
1:30 gunslinger heaven
2:00 3 team death match
2:30 Central flag (3 teams)
3:00 VIP
3:30 Z-VIP
4:00 Free-for-all

As you can I see I have roughly an hour for each game type. We're basically gonna go by this, but if something isn't working, or if something else works really well, I am more than will to change stuff up.
Also I only have stuff set up until 4, after 4 we can do whatever game type/scenario we want.

#229786 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 12 May 2009 - 11:09 AM in Nerf Wars

This will be the first time we try a structured war like this. I've wanted to do it for a while now, but just haven't had the time to set it up.

FINALLY! Some other people that don't like tower rounds!! There won't be any tower rounds per say, but I might try to incorporated the tower in some other way. There will be plenty of death match, team death match, gunslinger heaven, central flag, capture the flag, VIP, and Z-VIP.

Also I'd like people not to forgot, I want you guys to pack light. Do NOT bring a bunch of shit like we always do. You guys should be able to carry everything from your car in one trip.

Beaver, what size is your clear PVC?

#229775 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 12 May 2009 - 08:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Well suck me sideways!
I almost forgot we had set the date for the 16th!

I'll start working on the schedule and general war prep today. Any questions?

#228463 May Minnesota Nerf Outting

Posted by sam on 05 May 2009 - 11:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Just to let everyone know, the date, time, and location have been set.

#228049 X Men Origins: Wolverine

Posted by sam on 04 May 2009 - 12:23 AM in Off Topic

The claws in the bathroom scene looked like they belonged in Who Framed Rodger Rabbit?

That is so weird that you say that, I thought the exact same thing.

I this was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.
-Waaaaaay too many plot holes.
-They tried to pack too many mutants in the movie, thus leading to the shitty appearance by Gambit and others.
-No continuity with the first 3 movies.
-Special effects were shitty as hell. There were several scenes where I thought they looked horrible.
-There are holes between Wolverine's claws. That laser should have gone through them and fucked him up.

Not only was this a bad comic book movie, but it was a bad popcorn/action/entertainment movie. Hopefully Magneto will be better.