Sage's Content

There have been 78 items by Sage (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#120588 September Yano

Posted by Sage on 20 August 2007 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

unfortunately, it's looking less and less likely that I'll make it, because I may be taking a test to get out of 2 quarters of psych that day...

However, if I do come, I will most likely be bringing a guest or two

#119143 September Yano

Posted by Sage on 11 August 2007 - 01:59 AM in Nerf Wars

last sat in the month is best for me- I have college stuff from the 14th on, so unless i get really, really lucky, I'll be a nowshow before the month's end

#113051 Viva La Difference!

Posted by Sage on 25 June 2007 - 08:03 PM in Articles

"But in a park with families, or on a school campus, the sight of a realistic toy gun just generates too much negative stigma to be truly "family oriented"."

I have to agree about social acceptance, especially when it comes to people in public places.

Amongst the Black Knights, it's become commonplace to have police called on us by neighbors afraid we're "contaminating" local schools with Airsoft guns, ruining the local atmosphere, ect, ect. The fact that we've had police called on us not once, not twice, but more likely a dozen times sine I joined would seem terrifying, except that every encounter has ended with the police leaving us be, content to get back to their daily lives.

Piney, this really is great and wwell thought out. Thank you for the reminder of why we play this game.

#112017 Fuckingpecan: My Take On The Volley Titan

Posted by Sage on 19 June 2007 - 03:50 PM in Modifications

just another reason I call being on your team...

#111730 Top 5 All Time Best Movies

Posted by Sage on 17 June 2007 - 02:17 PM in Off Topic

Not in any particular order, just the one they came to mind.

1.) Braveheart
2.) Ocean's Eleven
3.) Gladiator
4.) Black Hawk Down
5.) The Last Samurai

#110869 June Yano 2007

Posted by Sage on 12 June 2007 - 01:22 PM in Nerf Wars

gimme a date and I'll get there

I 'll be bringing one, maybe two, new people to this.

and I'll bring the "flags"

#110866 Spring Caff 2007

Posted by Sage on 12 June 2007 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

That was a great game... personally, I had my best rounds ever at this CAFF, so hopefully this trend will continue.

Falcon, Akai has the swords of doom and will be getting them back to me shortly.

Bags, I'll make sure to keep on bringing them. They're great distractions between rounds, and you're right about them being pwnage flags.

And Richo, it was great meeting you; sorry about the face shot. :D
It'll be awesome to see you in coming rounds

#100852 Armageddon 2007 Planning Thread

Posted by Sage on 05 March 2007 - 11:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll forward this to Falcon in real life, and see if we can't get him organising this, or at least helping out.

For reference, if we're planning to do Armageddon out in the Glendora area, we'll need a date either well before June 14 (the last day of school for the GUSD) or a little after (16th should suffice) so that we don't piss off the district.

#99568 Jan/feb 2007- Yano

Posted by Sage on 10 February 2007 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Somebody PLEASE make more ammo. Last time was kinda difficult. If I honestly had time and help I would, but yeah. Even a ton of crapy darts are better than nothing.

I will attempt to have 500 darts by then.

#99509 Jan/feb 2007- Yano

Posted by Sage on 09 February 2007 - 02:48 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be making them over the weekend, and either give them to you when you visit PB or hand them off to someone.

#99376 Jan/feb 2007- Yano

Posted by Sage on 06 February 2007 - 02:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Actually, I must reccuse myself. Scottish games are that weekend, so I shall be unable to attend the YANO.

#89670 New Mexico Nerf War

Posted by Sage on 13 September 2006 - 11:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Mongo huge... I wants one, precious, I does...

If it's next summer, there's a chance I may be able to go, provided College scheduling won't screw me over.

I'll definately check up on this for when things get more solidified, and hopefully be able to come down as well, but as of now, no guarentees.

#89175 Marching Bands

Posted by Sage on 06 September 2006 - 01:11 AM in Off Topic

Apollo (posted above) were in it together, and about 1/2 of my clan was or still is in the band.

I'll second that... I'm still in it.

I'm currently the High Brass Co-section leader (trumpets and horns) and first chair horn player in the Marching Band and Wind Ensemble.

#88992 Yano October/november

Posted by Sage on 04 September 2006 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

As we know, usually wars are on Saturdays due to a million and a half different reasons.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the entirey of the MB kids have the week of Thanksgiving off, as well as lots of College peoples.

I know that's very late, probably to the point of "oh screw it", but it's worth an honorable mention.

#88754 Yano October/november

Posted by Sage on 01 September 2006 - 08:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to Marching Band and other school related "shtuff", It will be impossible for me to attend on any date we have listed... bother.

I'll post if anything changes, but otherwise, I'll be MIA

#88455 Fall Caff 2006

Posted by Sage on 27 August 2006 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be able to make it, with the posibility of bringing one-two guests.

I cannot make any guarentees as of yet, but I'll RSVP for certain at a later date (probably around Tuesday)

Who knows, maybe we'll have another Knight v. NARF incident coming up?

#87863 Nite Finder + 2k Turret + Clean

Posted by Sage on 20 August 2006 - 01:10 AM in Modifications

One thing Falcon didn't mention about this gun is that the extra weight in the front of the gun is definately noticable, but I think it makes it a bit more comefortable.

It's just like your traditional NF, only... well... 2k-ified.

It's freaking awesome, very clean, and might change your standings in springer rounds... hope it helps with the recruiting!

#86446 Video Games

Posted by Sage on 03 August 2006 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

Reciently, I've been playing the "old school" games, mostly all NES; nothing beats being able to go back and play the classics after having played only modern and nearly-modern games for the last few years.

When it comes to more modern games, I'm currently working at World of Warcraft, SSBM, KH2, and basically anything else I can get my hands on for the Cube and PS2.

I just wish I had more access to Xbox 360; there are a lot of games on it that I don't rightfully get the chance to play that deserve better than my virtually shunning them.

#86025 Big Bad Bow And Titan At Target

Posted by Sage on 29 July 2006 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

Hey, I may actually get a Titan now, after seeing this...

But I still can't get over the "Big Bad Titan" name... BBT... I mean, it really doesn't do anything for the gun, especially after hearing "Big Bad Bow". Plus, Big Bad Bow rolls off the tongue much better than Big Bad Titan.

Naming aside, unless they tinkered with the gun, I'll still get one.

#85901 Do You Remember?

Posted by Sage on 27 July 2006 - 11:21 PM in General Nerf

My first gun was a Secret Shot, but that was so long ago, and at that time, I had no desire to, nor knowledge of, modding, and was more impressed with the "secret shot" more than anything else...

I still have that gun... wow...

Anyway, the guns that got me into competitive NERF was my old school NF I bought of a fellow clansman, then re-modded the hell out of. Good times, good times...

#85809 Where Do You Nerf?

Posted by Sage on 26 July 2006 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

I just hope (for your sake) that those thighs don't come with a side of cottage cheese.

Woah, Falcon, that was a little over the top... and damn it, you beat me to it...

Anyway, on topic, I usually NERF in local schools and parks, usually urban, but we aren't opposed to using open areas for CTF or playgrounds for Capture the Hill and whatnot.

Either way, I wish we had a fort like the one we all saw... og my lord, it's freaking awesome.

Now I've got to see what we can find in simmilar style around here.

#85296 What Are Good Ranges For A Modified Nf?

Posted by Sage on 18 July 2006 - 05:45 PM in Modifications

Well, I didn't replace a spring or anything I just added the barrel. I also air sealed it by wrapping duck tape around the places where air might escape.

If that's the case, you can pretty safely say it's been well modded. Good job :)

#85292 What Are Good Ranges For A Modified Nf?

Posted by Sage on 18 July 2006 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

It also depends on what other bits of modding you've done as to knowing if it's "well modded". For example, if you did a spring replacement (to a far stronger spring) as well as the barrel switch, then it may not be "well modded"; but, if you're using the stock spring and only changed out the barrel, then congrats, that's a really good modding job!

As to your question, ranges for a mod will always vary based on what darts you're using. Mine, which is brassed, gets anywhere between 37-65ft depending on the darts, if I've got it banded at the time, ect. Generally figure that crayola'd nitefinders will get less range than brassed nitefinders, which are often between 40-60ft depending on the factors I've listed.

#85142 Armageddon Recap Thread

Posted by Sage on 16 July 2006 - 12:40 PM in Nerf Wars

One word: wow

Thus far, I've mostly been used to the clan wars and skirmishes, having only been to one YANO and the two NARF WCs before coming to Armageddon... it was to the point where I could tell exactly how one would need to handle situations with every player on the Black Knights and a few of the NARFers. Compared to those types of war, this was freaking awesome.

I'll be the first to admit, finally meeting the "Legends" was amazing; most people on the West seem to like pulling back and staying out of the way, so it was nice to actually rush a few times. Plua, we had the use of tactics: what a concept.

To those of you from the East: thanks for coming/kicking ass, I'd love to see you guys out here again if at all possible.

And now, back to sleep.

#84877 Longshot Is Even Cooler

Posted by Sage on 12 July 2006 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Falcon... wow, just simply wow.

Okay, so we can pretty much rule out the 100's ranges, but BaconBow ranges still look possible of the longshot part. Good to know.

Have we gotten any info about the additional pistol attachmet?

#84804 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Sage on 11 July 2006 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Wondering, how many people so far do we have taking standard photos, or are we just doing motion videos?

#84532 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Sage on 07 July 2006 - 04:42 PM in Nerf Wars

They'll be at the local donut shop (conveniently located across the street from a brand-new starbucks...) even when they're supposed to be patrolling. Makes me wonder if their families ever see much of them, because the
donut shop has a parking lot, but I can never park in it because it's full of fucking patrol cars.

I can confirm the amount of patrols that stop by the shop and stay there far too long.

Anyway, the curfew doesn't affect us provided there is anyone over 18 in the group that will take responsibility as the one in charge; Glendora law says that minors must be attended by an adult if out after curfew, nothing more. (I can get the exact wordage if anyone wants the legal jargon)

And seeing how AnyaSeijin is over that limit, we're all set.

Hob on a freaking ham sandwich. :lol:

#83831 Dual Single-barreled Maxshot

Posted by Sage on 26 June 2006 - 09:02 AM in Modifications

Prodigious.

My thoughts exactly

Do your clan members ever pay you back for the custom/kickass blasters? They should repay/generously thank you because otherwise they'd be using banal unnoteworthy guns.

No, we don't pay him, mostly 'cause we're mostly High Schoolers with limited pocketbooks. Plus, he gets his kicks outta goofing off with the guns, so it works well for both parties... symbiotic relationship, methinks.

We do, however, generously thank him for his work.

And I think Akai will need to change his pants...

#83565 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Sage on 20 June 2006 - 11:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Spoon's still another matter, though.

Sorry, haven't been around long enough to know; I'm assuming that an absence this long from Spoon would be a very bad thing, right?

#83438 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Sage on 18 June 2006 - 10:52 PM in Nerf Wars

About the friend, you won't be alone, so if she decides she doesn't want to play or something, there will be several other femals who aren't playing (besides Julie) who will be there for her to "chat" with.

Not sure if I can add mine to that mix. When I asked her if she wants to come, she said,"We'll see," which I am taking as a no for right now. But I'm gonna try to get her to come. I can gaurantee that she won't be playing.

If she comes, hook her up with Falcon's ST2k when he isn't using it; can't let Katie bring her average up any more...

#83277 Split-tech 2k

Posted by Sage on 14 June 2006 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

You wanted clean?

Meet the SplitTech 2000 ver. 2.0 (yes, this is a second one, not just the first one revised.)

Yeah, because I'm Fixing up the first one...

Ya, thanks again for doing that...

#83054 Spring Caff 2006

Posted by Sage on 10 June 2006 - 01:05 AM in Nerf Wars

(oh, and Sage, don't worry about your guns, I plan to have them done and to get them to Falcon before CAFF still)

Sweet deal. I'll make sure to whore the fact that you did a kickass paintjob on them even if you're not there.

And yes, it will be a kickass paintjob between the two. I have faith. :mellow:

#82588 Spring Caff 2006

Posted by Sage on 31 May 2006 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

So, I assume we are still having CAFF, but now we've confirmed the date for the 24th?

#82527 World Conquest 2 Recap Thread

Posted by Sage on 29 May 2006 - 10:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I second that it was an awesome day... but man, just how many people had "gun malfunctions" throught the day???

Anyway, the gameplay was intense, with a goodly amount of people per team, and the fact that, while many people were using long range weapons, the situations stopped them from being able to abuse the ranges, making people using mid-range guns immensly more effective (if my own performance was any indication). Also, the fact that we had three very different types of terrain all in the same battlefield made sure that everyone had something they could do:

the hill area made it hard to traverse, but people that got up there (and found cover) were seldom able to be hit, letting them sharpshoot people, even at their base (Sasquatch and ACE/Pyro were particuarly good at this...);

the forrest area had plenty of cover, making rushes through it interesting, though do-able, as Archy (Churro), Pillz, and I demonstrated a few times;

the open area/path was standard style warfare, with worked out quite well when assulting Bag's team's base, and left enough area to attack the playground;

and the playground was... well, a playground... good cover on one side, but from behind, it left you very vunerable.

The first Knights vs. NARF round showed a good bit of what may come at Armageddon, provided that the East Coasters aren't ready for the Knight's stratagies, and the Knights are all placed on a team. Oh, and having Pillz defect to our side was, to say the least, amusing!

The second war was a lot better balanced than the first, but we had a lot of Knights grouping tougether and NARFers grouping tougether, but when the separate groups started working tougether, I saw a lot of neat little tricks being pulled off.

The CTF round was almost as crazy as NARF WC1's, although it ended by a well done rush...

And the 3 hits round really sucked... I lose one life, and end up losing the rest of my teammates during my second life, and get stuck, by myself, facing the entire other team... getting shot 7 times before anyone realized Sasquatch had tappend me out in the beginning.... ouch...

But overall, the war was awesome; Bags, we need to do this more often!

#82477 Nintendo's Lastest System

Posted by Sage on 29 May 2006 - 01:00 AM in Off Topic

I got to thinking about it, and I decided to put down that I'll call it Wii as opposed to anything else. Why?

1- it's the official name, and if I call it by anything else, I'll probably confuse way too many people. Not to sound condescending to people that will call it "Revolution", but in a few years, after everybody has long forgotten the codename, if I go into a store looking for "Nintendo Revolution" games, I'm definately going to get a few blank stares from newbie gamestore clerks. (If you don't believe me, think about the "Nintendo Dolphin")

2- I can't go with Your Mom, due to the confusion that may cause within the Black Knights between the SplitTech 2k and the new Nintendo system. (Sasquatch accidentally christened the ST2k "Your Mom" when I was trying to figure out just what the heck to call it, and it kinda stuck)

3- I can think of at least 3 puns to make on the name "Wii", whereas I cannot really think of any on the word "Revolution" (well, not any good ones)

4-

Try saying it like a 4 yearold on a merry go round .WEEEEEEEEEE!

I rest my case.

#82288 Sigs

Posted by Sage on 24 May 2006 - 12:02 AM in Site Feedback

question: does the color in a hyperlink count under the 2 color limit? and if yes, is there a way to change the color of one?

#81784 Dual Or Not?

Posted by Sage on 13 May 2006 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

it all depends on what gun you're using; I generally don't dual weild due to the ST2k's shape, but I've done dual weilding with a NF and a 2k before, which worked pretty well. It looks cool to do, but t isn't too effective in most cases

#81783 World Conquest 2: The Alliance Strikes Back

Posted by Sage on 13 May 2006 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh bags, if you need some LBBs, I can pick you up a few around here, provided I get reembursed.

#81486 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by Sage on 08 May 2006 - 01:42 AM in Nerf Wars

The word "tenative" scares me, however. Has that date been substantiated or finalized in any way, shape, or form? ...Written in frosting on a cake?

I may just have to bake a cake after reading that, just to put that date on it. If I do, I'll post a pic of how it turns out... and there's actually a good chance I may have baking time in the next few days, so it's likely I'll do it.

#81308 How Tall Are You?

Posted by Sage on 05 May 2006 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

I'm 6'1", which is, as far as I'm considered, about the ideal height; you're well above average (which is defined as 5'7" overall, but it varies by ethnicity) but not so tall that you look down on everybody, yet not so short that you have to look up at most people. It's all good. ^_^