OnyxZenith's Content

There have been 179 items by OnyxZenith (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#270754 Hamp N Arrow

Posted by OnyxZenith on 30 March 2010 - 12:08 AM in Homemades

Woah so all this HAMP buisness, the plunger? It's completely airtight? :o

#270374 Ls And Recon Show Off Thread

Posted by OnyxZenith on 26 March 2010 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

Nice longshots! Ilike the carbine better though :wacko:

1. This thread is old (even half the pictures don't work anymore) and without real need to it shouldn't have been bumped.

2. You should check your posts for grammatical errors such as "Ilike".

3. Hide from the moderators.

4. Why am I doing their job for them?..

5. I'm complaining about other peoples post quality already, and I think this is only my second post :S Shame on me.. ah well, happy nerfing!

Pssst hey!.... Just letting you know... *cough* Heads up and it's been nice knowing you.

#266805 Maverick Vulcan Belt Mod

Posted by OnyxZenith on 24 February 2010 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

You should make it into a NiteMav, or use my 4B/BBBB intergrated Mav that I am STILL working on...

#263913 Nitefinder Vs. Laser Finder

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 January 2010 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

Dude that real laser Diode can be used for a lot of hobby uses since the power source is so easy to be obtained and that a switch can be used on the laser as well xD

#263604 Semi Auto Maverick

Posted by OnyxZenith on 28 January 2010 - 09:43 PM in Modifications

Gah you finished what I've started! >:wacko: Nice though...

#263469 Longstrike Cs-6 Internals And Stock Mod [pics]

Posted by OnyxZenith on 27 January 2010 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

SO much free modualr space to put a modular at3k in the front with turret maybe xD

#262960 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by OnyxZenith on 24 January 2010 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

Can you say... Splitfire wannabe? or maybe salvage part to mimic a split fire xD nice find! I've been waiting fro some decent airguns... I'm getting tired of spring @.@

#261523 Selective Longshot Clip Removal Idea

Posted by OnyxZenith on 11 January 2010 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

No, no. lol He stated that even when the bolt is foreward, and pulling on the clip release, that the clip is difficult to pull out :/

And he suggested cutting the wings off of the magazine, not cutting the bolt off. L2read before you allege someone else of l2read.

Lol well it could of been that or what I said haha xD, he wasn't specific on what "Piece of plastic" prevents the clip from not being able to be removed ^_^ lol

#261459 Selective Longshot Clip Removal Idea

Posted by OnyxZenith on 11 January 2010 - 12:33 AM in Modifications

onyxzenith actually ive opened my longshot enough and am in the process of making it a carbine, anywho its loose enough that i can yank the clip out w/no internal damage

I made a carbine just a few months ago haha.

#261457 Selective Longshot Clip Removal Idea

Posted by OnyxZenith on 11 January 2010 - 12:29 AM in Modifications

Uhmm okay here's the problem.... The "THING" that prevents you to release the clip when the bolt is forward, is the breech/barrel itself, removing that will cause your blaster to never fire darts again... GTFO MY WEBSITE! >:D hahaha jk... Prepare for a cold ass welcome from the Haven. =_=

The bolt does not prevent you from pulling the magazine out. The magazine lock does.

onyxzenith actually ive opened my longshot enough and am in the process of making it a carbine, anywho its loose enough that i can yank the clip out w/no internal damage

You need to remove the safety locks that prevents you from releasing the mag when the bolt is in the forward position.

although it's not a good idea to put that kind of pressure on the barrel and bolt.

Not really. In standard brass longshots you have to load mags in that fashion and brass is much less resistance to deforming pressures than plastic.

No, no. lol He stated that even when the bolt is foreward, and pulling on the clip release, that the clip is difficult to pull out :/

#261437 Selective Longshot Clip Removal Idea

Posted by OnyxZenith on 10 January 2010 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Uhmm okay here's the problem.... The "THING" that prevents you to release the clip when the bolt is forward, is the breech/barrel itself, removing that will cause your blaster to never fire darts again... GTFO MY WEBSITE! >:D hahaha jk... Prepare for a cold ass welcome from the Haven. =_=

#261056 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by OnyxZenith on 07 January 2010 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

Any blaster powerful enough to schnipe hurts at close-range, and Nerfers hate pain. I mean HATE, not strongly dislike or averted to. Nerfers hate pain like cats hate to be thrown in washing machines.

Indeed, Agreed xD

#261053 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by OnyxZenith on 07 January 2010 - 12:08 AM in General Nerf

And what fun is a war when you sit, camping for a target and when you see one, your probably gonna try to shoot them down with your longshot or your titan or your 4B, until then you realize that your dart went 100 ft and your target was 500 ft away :P and then again, how will you make nerfing a healthy way to stay active knowing that your camping per say, on a 5 hour game, with 5-10 potential targets and not 1 shot down :P to you that'd be a waste of time, money, and there would be no positive outcome, sure you could sell your blaster, if it were any at all that define decency, but then you'd be stuck with the cash rather than having fun, so you'd repeat the process but then to the extent of where you become TOO inactive to participate in a war. This isn't a video game, it is a live action nerf war taking place. So a few words of advice, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SHNIPE!

Results may vary... :P

You are a very close second to LSW in that it is incredibly difficult after deciphering your posts to not want to kill yourself.

Yada yada nerf guns aren't marksman rifles yada yada

Okay... so I like to explain in detail, what's wrong about that? :P elaborating should help, for as far as I'm concern.

#261050 Skype Group Chat

Posted by OnyxZenith on 06 January 2010 - 11:42 PM in Off Topic

Skype Name: Exvayate
Prefer: Onyx or Ex. Either way is fine :P

#261029 Does This Work

Posted by OnyxZenith on 06 January 2010 - 10:20 PM in General Nerf

im really wonderin cause this is my second time moddin the long shot and i dont know if i am able to put another stock long shot spring and add a eliminator or a nite finder cause i already have the three springs in my blaster of long shot eliminator and nite finder can u guys help me???

No, and I say that because your grammar is atrocious :)... and if you can mod you should learn about overkill... I'm gonna say this right now, go ahead I mean the Longshot can take a lot of pressure you can fit like 18 or so springs it there, it's fine go ahead and do it haha!

#261022 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by OnyxZenith on 06 January 2010 - 09:53 PM in General Nerf

And what fun is a war when you sit, camping for a target and when you see one, your probably gonna try to shoot them down with your longshot or your titan or your 4B, until then you realize that your dart went 100 ft and your target was 500 ft away :) and then again, how will you make nerfing a healthy way to stay active knowing that your camping per say, on a 5 hour game, with 5-10 potential targets and not 1 shot down :P to you that'd be a waste of time, money, and there would be no positive outcome, sure you could sell your blaster, if it were any at all that define decency, but then you'd be stuck with the cash rather than having fun, so you'd repeat the process but then to the extent of where you become TOO inactive to participate in a war. This isn't a video game, it is a live action nerf war taking place. So a few words of advice, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EAT SHIT!

Results may vary... :P

#261007 I Have A Question About losers.

Posted by OnyxZenith on 06 January 2010 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

If this is the wrong place to ask then could a mod please move it.

From What I've seen on this furum, losers appear to be genrally looked down appon in nerf. I just wanted to know why. Please don't be angry; I was just confused.

Lol you gotta admit, not one nerf gun can break 1000+ft or even more, If you can pull that off, then maybe "losers" *cough*LL>OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERzah!*UNCOUGH* will be an allowed term. And because a toy is name LONG SHOT and shoots 30+ feet stock doesn't it is a long range concealed fire arm... it is a toy that is design to LOOK like a said "long range concealed fire arm."

Really what's up with you kids and your schloosers? I mean they're great and all but see we're playing with plastic, and air, and foam, and paint. If you ask me it doesn't sound like a material requisition sheet to build or homebrew a schloozer :)

#260879 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by OnyxZenith on 05 January 2010 - 11:17 PM in General Nerf

OR it looks like this... which is already made :(

It's a nerf version of the Magpul portable TMP

I do like that gun, so basically its a giant flashlight with a nerf gun integrated in it? I have a feeling the swivel breech is going to have a horrible seal, it would be nice to get it not to rotate and loose the flashlight all together.
Then put a raider drum on it...

This will be a very awkward gun that will look cosmetically inaccurate with a drum haha! But who cares, Nerf is becoming expensive, I mean ONE clip for every CS system you buy, The only great deal they had were the Raider specials, with the extra drum and extra 100 darts package :P

#260839 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by OnyxZenith on 05 January 2010 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

I think that, when folded, it looks like a P-90

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks like just a few modifications will allow the gun to fire when it is folded up. I might need to get this gun and do a P-90 mod.

Thanks for the information and pictures kevin.

OR it looks like this... which is already made :P

It's a nerf version of the Magpul portable TMP

#260775 My Bbbb Integrated Mav

Posted by OnyxZenith on 05 January 2010 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

Since pulling the trigger rotates the turret by a half-turn, won't air start to flow before the cylinder is properly aligned?

I Found a way Around that... everything is going great haha, I've marked the hex and the trigger where if turned the turret is in proper place, the remaining pull of the trigger pulls the tank's trigger which isn't a very long pull so you can still have the optimum trigger pull and have 6 shots.

Okay so I'm off to go buy some piping, and some vinyl tubing and vinyl ball valves (if they have any in stock at my lowe's) and finish this beast tonight probably, since I have my homework done haha!

#260719 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by OnyxZenith on 04 January 2010 - 10:16 PM in General Nerf

if you would, please, check for another change. The engineers talked about how they wanted to change the Maverick's dart pegs to allow it to fire streamline darts, but they could not, because the design was under protection due to the millions upon millions sold. Would you mind checking the pegs?

Both my wife's and my Maverick's shoot streamline's unmodified. This isn't normal?

Uhmm what? Any nerf gun can shoot any dart lol, Other than the CS line which can only shoot streamlines and stefans.

#260465 Offset Coupler

Posted by OnyxZenith on 02 January 2010 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

Ertl Rapid Fire Dart Gun (raw material for "Doomsayer")

Lanard Hand Cannon

Lanard Shotgun (raw material for "Quadshot")

Check the internals directory or the writeups, you'll see they have offset plunger outlets.

There are actually many others, but those are pretty popular these days.

Don't forget the RatchetBlast :P

#260431 Offset Coupler

Posted by OnyxZenith on 02 January 2010 - 01:09 AM in Modifications

The maverick shoots straight, and the hole in the reverse plunger is not centered so I would say yes.

Then 9 feet later it goes strait down...

Lol really? haha Nerf guns don't have hop-up! hahaha jk it's not that bad of a gun :P I'm modding one to be badass lawl

#260419 Offset Coupler

Posted by OnyxZenith on 01 January 2010 - 11:40 PM in Modifications

Yeah It'll work. I mean the Rachetblast has it as so. lol I'd like to see an RSCB'd Rachetblast. It'd increase dart capacity, add more range becaue you won't have that tiny tiny tiiiiinnyyyy offset hole and it reloads automatically everytime you cock it xD

#260324 Plumber's Putty

Posted by OnyxZenith on 01 January 2010 - 12:25 AM in Homemades

Yeah... okay... I'll just read the bucket... lol I'm sure it cure's and molds like clay. But I'm gonna check first <_<

I think it's the same stuff, that this one modder used for his Nitefinder. He did a Han Solo NightFinder and he used some thing like my plumber's putty to create a new handle with

#260308 My Bbbb Integrated Mav

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 10:14 PM in Modifications

Since pulling the trigger rotates the turret by a half-turn, won't air start to flow before the cylinder is properly aligned?

I Found a way Around that... everything is going great haha, I've marked the hex and the trigger where if turned the turret is in proper place, the remaining pull of the trigger pulls the tank's trigger which isn't a very long pull so you can still have the optimum trigger pull and have 6 shots.

#260305 Plumber's Putty

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 09:36 PM in Homemades

Yes you can do that but you have to be sure about it before you do it because one it dries you cant remove it. But like bondo you can sand it.

Wait didn't Zorn just tell me that it can be sanded once it cures?

#260284 My Bbbb Integrated Mav

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

Props, if you were to attach a tank of somthing of that you might be able to have one kick bass gun..

All ready ahead of you ;P haha! I'm Using every single piece of the salvaged maverick... Not one part is going to waste. (Other than the scrap plastic.) So prepare for some hardcore pics later today. I'm off to Main Event with my Pops, and then I'll hve some time before the New Year's Eve Party to take pics.

#260273 Plumber's Putty

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 02:41 PM in Homemades

So I can practically use my left over plumber's putty on my blaster, and use sculpt it to my whim and it won't like bust off or anything? I'm not using it to seal or reinforce anything. I'm using it for cosmetic purposes.

#260251 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 03:45 AM in Modifications

Wewt for Carbonization!

Posted Image
Posted Image
HAH Longshot that fits in yo backpack... There was a time the assassins game at my school told me to bring me my 'A game' and you know what? HELLZ YEAH I DID!

#260242 My Bbbb Integrated Mav

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

Thanks you guys, and I'm really nearing to finishing this, I just need a trip to the damn hardware store.

And Fome: Thanks for agreeing on the stock... I think it looks hella sexy! plus it allows you to look ontop on the mav to aim, without having the stock bars all up in yo face!

I got the inspiration from RE4 (Resident Evil 4) with the pistols Black hawk I think, and the Devilish 'Red 9' Stock pistol :blush:

#260228 Plumber's Putty

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 12:14 AM in Homemades

Can Plumber's Putty substitute for bondo? and Can it seal air leaks? (I would assume no... but it's best to hear from the best.)

I'm working a 4B mav, and I need a substitute for bondo... in this case, Plumber's Putty

#260227 My Bbbb Integrated Mav

Posted by OnyxZenith on 31 December 2009 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

Where's the rest of the air tank? I've found that the front part only gets about 15 feet max.

LAWLZ0rz! fer srsly? Haha, Just kidding...

I said that the back of the tank will be replaced with Varieties of PVC which I'm tinkering with. (One that fits between the bars of the Recon Stock. and then 2 other smaller tanks on each side) I'll try to post pics that would simulate my design.

In short, I will ad an extension to each opening on the tank Pics will be up in about 2 hours... Kinda busy doing chores and taking down Christmas Decors at the moment >n>..

#260154 My Bbbb Integrated Mav

Posted by OnyxZenith on 30 December 2009 - 01:45 AM in Modifications

Okay so I'm in the process of making the Maverick the most Trustworthy Sceondary

NO this isn't your average BBBB with a Mav attached

This is a Maverick with a 4B tank

Here is my progress so far, I've been working on it for 3 days now and I was reading this thread and this member added a 3k into a mav, and used a pulley system with the trigger, eventually the posts would break off so I'm looking for a trigger design for my mav. I have a few but I don't have any BONDO or epoxy putty.

And I was here to ask if PLUMBERS PUTTY can work as a substitute

Here are my leads so far :P
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Extended tanks will be hooked up to the Recon Stock I added into the Mav (You just gotta have stock.)
Posted Image
I found that the Back part of the 4B tank is just an extension so I cut the front off (and because the tank broke on be I salvaged the front end) and I'm planning to attach 2 tanks extensions to the tank, one on each side of the 4B tank, and with both extensions they will be connected with Vinyl tubing, ALONG with a ball valve, to allow a somewhat semi auto ability (hopefully 3 for each tanks = 6 shots with a maybe 2k range because the back part of the 4B tank is gone)

The handle is still a natural feel when you grip it even with the stock in the way.
The again we all have different Tastes
Posted Image
AND yes the Shell has to be cut a bit more flush for the Tank to hold it
Posted Image

#260042 Is The Secret Strike Mod-able?

Posted by OnyxZenith on 28 December 2009 - 10:03 PM in General Nerf

I have recently gotten into the whole Nerf 'surface modding' idea, you know, changing the appearance of the gun to to make recognizable of something from halo, etc. I recently got a water-gun pistol from a thrift store and i don't know what gun-guts to put inside of it. Since its kind of small, i decided i'd go ahead and use a secret strike, but i do not know if i can manage. Have any of you un-screwed a secret strike before? Is it usable after doing so? Can the place of the contents be changed with the gun still being operational? Advice is appreciated, thanks.

FUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=18330
and for mods, they're archived within the Modification directory, and its pinned down

#260041 Broken Super Clip

Posted by OnyxZenith on 28 December 2009 - 10:01 PM in Modifications

You didn't reinforce it at all?

Well, on the outside of the clips, on the side with the hole for checking the amount of darts, there are three reinforcement lines running straight down. Two on the right side, one on the left, a thicker one in the middle.

http://ecx.images-am...L500_AA280_.jpg

Now, between the thick one and the thinner lines on either side, there is a perfectly flat space (once they are cut down).

Isn't that just begging - BEGGING! - for a strip of brass?

Cut one slightly smaller than that space, and hammer it flat. Make four of these and glue them on, two on each side.

Ta-da!

Edit: How do you embed pictures?

Get a Photobucket account and upload your pics there, then when you post in a forum, go to your uploaded photobuckets pic and select IMG link and copy and paste it into your post

PS: that clips does NOT look like any regular LS clip

#259770 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by OnyxZenith on 25 December 2009 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

Has anyone tried using Styrofoam? It can be shaped by packing and squeezing. Packing Peanuts?

#259719 Heavyweight Mod

Posted by OnyxZenith on 24 December 2009 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

Wow, okay...let me be the first to say this surprisingly. Why the fuck would you make your gun heavier? That's the opposite of the right thing to do.

You gotta think first, that THERE ARE people in the world that like their Nerf Blaster heavy :P It's not a bad thing, something it gives it a solid feel to the blaster like Renagade posted in his write-up. And oaming up the blaster never helps (Well for me not so much) Not only that but this can minimize the chances of rattling pieces in the minor spots :P

#259568 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by OnyxZenith on 22 December 2009 - 12:10 PM in Homemades

Oh hey! I recently made a GUNBLADE with all 1/2 sch 80 (thickwalled) PVC and I've pumped it to about 40psi (thpump has a built in gauge) ... is that near exploding? Or can It take more? I'm not taking risks here. I'll upload a pic as soon as I'm done Christmas shopping :P

#259566 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by OnyxZenith on 22 December 2009 - 12:05 PM in Homemades

While we're on the topic of the safety of pop bottles, I have a question.

Does anyone know if using something like fiberglass+epoxy to reinforce a 2 liter one will make it significantly safer to operate at higher pressures (ie will hold its own at higher pressures)? Would it be impractical to assume that covering all surface area on the bottle with fiberglass is possible?

And for making a safer explosion, what about using denim and duck tape? I know that doesn't work for PVC shrapnel, but this plastic is significantly lighter and thinner.

Something hard like epoxy will actually make it more dangerous.

Duck/t tape wrapped tightly will actually make it more dangerous.

What you want to be looking for is to contain the explosion, not to stop it. I have done exactly that with denim and duct tape but NOT TIGHT. Layers, with some room to expand. Then zip it all into a backpack for more convenience and an additional layer.

Indeed, a backpack will be sufficient enough to contain an explosive decompression I think.......

An advantage of using soda bottles is that you can use another (smaller) bottle when you blew up your old one!!

What about shelling the bottle with a PVC pipe that fits around it loosely? But I'm almost positive if the bottle bursts, the PVC will act as another tank because the air in the bottle escape and is now inside the PVC

and how come Tight Duct tape doesn't work? I've always imagined that the duct tape will keep the bottle together after it bursts?