Natch's Content

There have been 41 items by Natch (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#77665 C.s.h.g.

Posted by Natch on 26 March 2006 - 10:54 AM in Homemades

O_O.....I haven't tried to understand the concept yet (mainly cause I haven't read the whole thing) But I read "cordless Power drill" and "Gravity feed". I would make sure there's an easy way to switch batteries, and make sure there's a way to have a crapload of ammo without making it to hard to lug around. I also have an idea, try to design a clamp or something that could close around a bar or some other fixed object and allow you to use it like a nerf gun turret. That could help with defense if you're team is being pursued.

#71052 Whats In Your Arsenal

Posted by Natch on 15 January 2006 - 04:36 PM in General Nerf

I have taken the liberty of resizing his picture.

http://img73.imagesh...=10093571pz.jpg

#71050 Chronicle Of An F.a.r.

Posted by Natch on 15 January 2006 - 04:29 PM in Homemades

Cool. Keep me posted if possible.I have a feeling this'll turn out well.

#71049 Radical/weird Idea

Posted by Natch on 15 January 2006 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the criticism. I was also think more along the lines of SS2 and other long range pistols. In a war where an unlimited would be allowed, this would be useful. And with this, you could still hold your primary(depending on how you "stock" the wheel and how big/what shape your primary is.). You'd just have to have it between guns.

#71004 Radical/weird Idea

Posted by Natch on 14 January 2006 - 03:44 PM in Modifications

Note: This idea might be impractical, but I feel that I might as well since, you never know how it might be looked at.

I've been looking at how some nerf pistols can get very good range, but are only single shot(and to the ones that aren't, they still need to be cocked again). I was trying to think of a way to have multiple pistols all loaded at the same time with easy access to them(cocked or, and I came up with an idea: get some plastic, mold it(somehow) so it can fit just below your wrist, and add a free spinning wheel(undeside). Oil it enough so that it can spin when just a little bit of pressure is applied, but not too much or too little. Next, attach some spokes(small diamter PVC possibly) and attach a nerf gun(preferrably cock and shoot, and two or more) to each spoke. Have each gun extend just enough so you can grab it's handle and shoot. it.

After the gun is done firing. Let go of the gun and move your hand so that the next gun can be pushed into place. If you want to go even farther with the idea, set up an air powerd system(haven't figure out details yet) so that when a plunger is pushed, the wheel will spin enouugh so that the next gun is in place. You can secure this system by putting a crescent moon shape of placstic (or whatever shape floats your boat) to the plunger and attaching it to an addititinal "arm band". You could either put this on your upper arm or shoulder.

(Spaced so it wasn't a wall o' text)

So, how is the idea? Any and all opinions will be taken as well as any ideas, concepts, corrections, or criticisism(s).

#71003 Whats In Your Arsenal

Posted by Natch on 14 January 2006 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

That's still alot of guns (for me anyways, I only have two 3b's.)

#71001 Whats In Your Arsenal

Posted by Natch on 14 January 2006 - 03:07 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
This is what I have.

Not Pictured:
NIB Xbow
2x NIB Secretshot 2
Titan
Bow and Arrow
2x Nitefinders(one old, one ex3)
EAB
Supermaxx 3000(blue edit.)
coral viper
Tek 6
2x Tek 10
2x At3k
4x At2k
G.I. Joe gun
Lanard First Shot
Lanard Triple Shot
Reactor
2x Strongarm
2x sspb
WCLP
At1k
Scout

*Blink*.....*Blink*.......*Blink*...... B) ......Damn.

#70923 'dragonfly' Maverick, Anodized Green.

Posted by Natch on 13 January 2006 - 11:25 AM in Modifications

...I'm going to have some fun wheh I get my hands on some of that paint.

#70899 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Natch on 12 January 2006 - 11:20 PM in Modifications

Ahh. sorry. I read the post wrong.

#70897 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Natch on 12 January 2006 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Good luck getting a maverick to punch through cardboard, if that's what you meant. If not ignore this.

That's not a maverick, it's a Titan.

#70896 Hi Everyone

Posted by Natch on 12 January 2006 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

Does anyone no were i can buy a rf20.

James

I'm new as well, but I can say it's helpful to use the dit button, and use words correctly. instead of "no" use "know". Also, use correct puncuation. A questiopn mark at the end of that first sentence would've helped. I know this since I've read the formus alot more than I have posted in them.

#70843 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Natch on 11 January 2006 - 10:54 PM in Modifications

That's a Titan. Not a maverick.

#70831 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Natch on 11 January 2006 - 09:03 PM in Modifications

O_O....gimmie.

#70781 Hornet Stock

Posted by Natch on 11 January 2006 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

O_O *Stares at the Napoleon dynamite poster* I also like the idea, it'll be cool/funny if you ask me.

#70756 Where To Buy A Bbb

Posted by Natch on 10 January 2006 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

You could've sued him for unsatidfied customer service. I don't think they're allowed to hang up like that.

#70469 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by Natch on 05 January 2006 - 10:48 AM in Homemades

Might as well post now. I've been looking at the grenade for awhile(more or less since I joined) and I have thought of something: On the BBB, it seems the top arm works well as a spring launcher, all I figure one would have to do is put something there that could hold the nerf grenade, and a grip for you too pull it down, then launch it like a catapult. Think about it: You're at a standoff, and both of you refuse to fire, waiting for the other guy to. After you fire the BBB, you can follow up by launching the nerf grenade at them, giving you time to reload and fire again, this works, in theory anyway. I hope this will be useful somehow, since I have not tested it myself. Sorry if this has already been thought of.

#70416 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 04 January 2006 - 04:52 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, the sword is pretty light as well, that's why I like it.

#70414 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 04 January 2006 - 04:07 PM in General Nerf

Dang, now I've seen it all...

... a "Ginsu blaster"... :o

But I'll go with Falcon on this one. Very similar to PB rules, barrel-taps are the much less painful alternative at danger-close range (and I have both tapped and been tapped, especially in the 'heat' of battle, and with limited-peripheral vision goggle/mask combos. The worst thing a barrel tap hurts is pride.

But then again, I've been in situations where I've been 'had' at under 10 feet, and I simply said, "Surrender?" They can either say, "hit", or take their chance they can pull off a couple rounds with their Timmy before I pop them with my Phantom. EVERY encounter where they took a chance, well...let's just say I learned to 'surrender' when the table turned my way. Saved me unnecessary bruises.

In Nerf, you have to choose. The blasters are somewhat less painful (though not by much when you play with modded 1500s/ Xbows/ 2000s/ SM5ks), and you have to decide. But to put a plastic knife on the end of a BBB....well, is akin to me taping a plastic butter knife to the end of my Sawtooth and calling it a bayonet. I wouldn't use one...if I needed to tap, I'd just get closer.

You'll get mixed opinions here, but it really is up to you and the folks you play with, if it will be acceptable or not. Obviously, if you want that "Toy Soldiers" look to it, then enjoy it! Just don't stab anyone unintentionally with it.

-Piney-

It's not like a plastic knife, more like a hollow plastic Katana(reference to length).

#70345 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 02 January 2006 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, I'll see if I can cover the plastic sword with some foam, because the handle fits near perfectly into the second part of the scope(the part that's father along the gun).

#70295 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 02 January 2006 - 04:19 PM in General Nerf

Ahh, thank you. I'm sorry if i've caused any trouble.

#70288 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 02 January 2006 - 03:43 PM in General Nerf

Who if you look at my questions, you'll see that I ask "What counts as a hit?". So please don't assume that I would stab you, besides, the plastic is weak.

#70286 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 02 January 2006 - 03:17 PM in General Nerf

Thanks. Personal opinion will be accepted.

#70284 Bayonets

Posted by Natch on 02 January 2006 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Okay, I've recently added a bayonet(plastic white sword) to my BBB, and I have a few questions.

1. How much should an effective Bayonet extend from the tip of the barrel?
2. Are bayonets effective at all?
3. Do/What nerf wars allow bayonets?
4. What counts as a hit from a bayonet?
5. And how much"life" do you lose if you're hit by one?

Please respond.

#69971 I Have An Idea For A Bbb Mod.

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

I tried bending it, but it doesn't go down too far, but far enough so that a nerf 'nade could be launched a fair distance. My dad said that over time, it would lose it's *srping* and become relaxed, but you would have to hold it in that posistion for 5 monthes. So it would be pretty practical, considering the arms have next to no use as it is. If it loses it's "spring" you'll have to take ot off, unless a way can be found to give the "spring" back.

#69968 I Have An Idea For A Bbb Mod.

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 04:11 PM in Modifications

You know how the attachments that make it look a bow are more or less useless, well, my dad put those on(to distinguish one from the other) I was pulling the top one bacl(grabing the wheel thing) and realized something: You could use that as a catapult, what you do is put a nerf ball(or nerf grenade, I looked about the internet for a while before joining) onto the tip(using an ice scream scooper or something as a holder). From there, you could preceed to put something on there to make grabing easier, anf if you want to go even further, put a makeshift catch on the gun where the arm(as it will be dubbed) can latch onto. Find a way to move that catch out of the way(via a trigger or something) so if someone comes at you after you fire you can pull the trigger/release the catch and let the 'nade fly. This could easilly end any standoff/help save your ass if your caught reloading. Any way, just wanted to share my idea(I haven't done this myself, but it works in theory). Tell me what you think of it.

#69967 Narf Wc: 1

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 03:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh well, If any one wants a new guy in their clan, I'm not taken. I would like to join one(unless I start my own....which is unlikeley).

#69961 Anyone Nerfing In San Diego?

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 01:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks.

#69958 Narf Wc: 1

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Well that makes it -near- impossible to get there. I have school that day, and it'll take at least an hout to get up. Are you sure you didn't mean the 8th?

#69957 I'm New.

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 01:34 PM in General Nerf

Which I'm going to start busting my ass to find it.

#69927 Anyone Nerfing In San Diego?

Posted by Natch on 27 December 2005 - 12:04 AM in Nerf Wars

The closest war I found that's going to happen within the next month(as far as I know) is northwest of lake Elsinore(for reference) I'm in the 92129 zip code(for reference).

#69893 Narf Wc: 1

Posted by Natch on 26 December 2005 - 06:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Cool. I'll look up where the place is on google earth(which despartly needs a ballistic missle button)
Ok, I Google Earthed it, and it's 67 miles. 58 minitues it says. I'll try to work a deal with my parents(my dad likes nerfing, my mom couldn't find the crossbow, so she bought a second 3b for my dad). He might be able to make the trek.

#69884 Bbb Help

Posted by Natch on 26 December 2005 - 03:59 PM in Modifications

Must...resist...urge...to...FLAME.

#69882 Narf Wc: 1

Posted by Natch on 26 December 2005 - 02:53 PM in Nerf Wars

San Diego. Northeast of it.

#69880 I'm New.

Posted by Natch on 26 December 2005 - 02:46 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, I'll liost the nerf I previously had but either a. got lost b. Broke(didn't even know what modding was) or c. Both

Detonator
Supermax 1500
That one that makes a flash and the dart glows in the dark

There may be more, but those are the ones I remember.

#69851 Narf Wc: 1

Posted by Natch on 25 December 2005 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I've never been in a Nerf war before, The only guns I posses are two modded(air restictor removal) bbbs. Although I asked my friend to get me nerf guns, so hopefully I'll be able to have some kind set going. So if i can make it, count me in.

#69849 Spring Or Air Powered Guns

Posted by Natch on 25 December 2005 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

Spring, it doesn't need to be pumped , just pull back and let fly. It's also easier to mod(imo).

#69847 I'm New.

Posted by Natch on 25 December 2005 - 08:07 PM in General Nerf

*Get's a piece of paper and a notebook and begins writing like mad in it*

#69844 I'm New.

Posted by Natch on 25 December 2005 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

Cool, any guns that can be modded easily?

#69842 Bbb

Posted by Natch on 25 December 2005 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

I removed those parts. Even though it's good to have it ready to fire, it puts a lot of tension of the gun, and a bonus of this is that if you pull it back and forth quickly the arrow will launch without you pressing the trigger. The power is reduced(I think) if you shoot this way, but's it quicker. You can still fire normally, but you have to hold it back by your own strength, although it might be off when you fire since you have to make sure it doesn't contract again.

#69841 I'm New.

Posted by Natch on 25 December 2005 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Thanks, are there any guns that you might reccomend?