TimmyTown's Content

There have been 165 items by TimmyTown (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#235753 When An External Air Source Becomes Cheap

Posted by TimmyTown on 11 June 2009 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

I personally say nothing with a tank that uses compressed air or CO2 that is not managed by a pump.

If it isn't pumped up or spring powered it is not allowed in my regard. I think it ruins the point of nerf and ends up pushing out into other fields such as airsoft and paintball. I think that, although every example is a cool mod, all the examples you listed should not be allowed.

#235142 Bolt Action Bbbb Breeched To Accept Mags

Posted by TimmyTown on 09 June 2009 - 02:38 AM in Modifications

I like this but I do not think it is clear enough to replicate. The mod seems very clean and professional but the write up leaves something to be desired.

I am confused as to how the clip goes in. Do you leave the breech open and then snap the clip into place over the brass? Is there anything that is required of the clip for it to do this or will a stock clip work? How stable is the clip in the side?

Questions aside, I think that the gun is pretty cool looking and I like how the bolt comes out on one side and the clip on the other, great job.

And to answer fandango's question, with RSCB clips the "cool" factor diminishes, it is also highly effective to carry around multiple LS clips and then just snap on a new one when the ammo well runs dry. I would say that an RSCB and this mod are about equal in efficiency.

#234931 The Deconstructor

Posted by TimmyTown on 08 June 2009 - 03:58 AM in Modifications

Radio's gone now. He hasn't been on for months, and he stole my warthog. Editing peoples posts is annoying.

Nice mod though.

Oh really? I find that fascinating. Thank you for the update. And sorry about the obnoxiousness of it I sometimes have to do it to keep my sanity, I can be a bit of a grammar nazi occasionally.

And thank you for the compliment.

Also, the idea about the mav spring is actually a really great one and I shall initiate work on it soon. I thought about rubber bands as well but I extremely dislike non-permanent solutions. I also couldn't find a way to wrap the bands around the already cemented in place breech apparatus.

#234818 The Deconstructor

Posted by TimmyTown on 07 June 2009 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

It seems that I have run into an issue that I am having a lot of trouble trying to repair. After being fired, the firing pin doesn't return to the close position, I think this may because of an obtrusion around the rod, or the extra weight added by the firing mechanism. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated.

#234714 The Deconstructor

Posted by TimmyTown on 06 June 2009 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

Dude, haven't seen you in a while. How did you get unbanned after that mods/PJ thread incident? I always thought it was a bit dumb you were banned for that, as it was apparent that you were pretty into nerf at the time.

Anyways, looks nice. I also dislike the 2K shell. I just love turrets and the 2K shell works perfectly with them (made for one).

Well you see Tantum, I was banned after a prior incident I can disclose to you in PM form if you wish (due to it involving other members of the forum, one who has a signature of my ban) and the mods/PJ incident was a catalyst if anything. I waited out the ban and it ended back in march, so here I am.

And yes the 2k shell does work well with turrets, however if mounted properly, see my bbb, then it can be just
as effective.

#234667 The Deconstructor

Posted by TimmyTown on 06 June 2009 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

Cool. If I ever get my hands on a second at2k, one is going into my crossbow, I will consider doing this.

You say breeched weapons are not as good as coupler guns, I think it is the other way around...

The kind of breech I put on here is less effective than a standard coupler in my opinion, however some may disagree.

And I edited your post grammatically, I get really OCD about grammar.

I really like this! I think it looks better without the front barrel put on, but I guess you need the barrel length for the 2k to work well.

Good job man. I'm really wishing I had an at2k so I could do this.

Actually, the barrel is entirely unnecessary and just for aesthetics. The actual barrel is about 6.5 inches and is fully capable of being there without the entire front barrel attachment.

#234662 The Deconstructor

Posted by TimmyTown on 06 June 2009 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

I haven't posted in a while, and I wanted to come back with a bang.

So to start, I love the AT2k, that is the insides. I hate the shell, it's curvy, non-threatening, bulky, and awkward to hold. On the opposite side of the spectrum, I love the Recon. I love the way it dissassembles, I love the look, and I think it feels great in your hand. However, as we all know, the innards of the recon are pretty much useless.

So here is the base form of The Deconstructor
Posted Image

As you can see, it is hardly evident that the shell has been modified. I was aiming for a very original look without it being too obvious that there have been changes. Yes, there are some visible differences but they do little to shatter the original image of the recon. There is a piece cut away from the slide mechanism, that is because I wanted the air tank to as close to the front of the gun as possible to minimize dead space, as will be apparent in the next picture

Now, lets take a peek inside shall we?
Posted Image

An AT3k pump is evident in the photo, I found that it fit perfectly inside the room where the clip used to be. The small circular section of plastic fits perfectly around the pump rod, allowing for it to poke out unobtrusively. The pump feeds the AT2k tank by looping around, yes it would have been easier to simply have all the tubing inside but I was going for a kind of plasma pistoly look with the tubing exposed. I think it gives off a good image. The at2k tank is breeched and uses the original bolt sled from the recon to service the breech door.

Lets take a look at the firing mechanism.
Posted Image

I ran into a couple of issues producing this. First off, I couldn't get the tubing from the air tank to not interfere with the comfrotability of the handle. I ended up cutting out most of the inside of the shell to accommodate the firing pin.

The breech opening
Posted Image

Finally, the initial goal of the project was to make an AT2k fit inside of a recon with little to no evidence of it being there, so the attachments HAD to be included for this to be a success. All of the attachments can easily be removed for the desired "mode." And all fairly quickly, except the case for the pump rod, which must have screws removed for it to detach.

First off, what I like to call the "shotgun mode"
Posted Image

I find it looks similar to a Spas-12 myself.

The complete assembly as a full rifle
Posted Image

I realize that breeched weapons are not nearly as effective, and that a couplered AT2k would produce a more effective weapon. However, as I have iterated that was not my goal. I did this for the challenge of it's production, because I love modding because it allows for a large amount of problem solving of which I relish in. This project produced plenty of problems to solve, and I feel that I solved them adequately.

So, NIC, there it is in all it's glory. I await your feedback.

#192428 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by TimmyTown on 28 November 2008 - 04:04 AM in Modifications

http://i420.photobuc...pg?t=1227818168

I carbined my longshot, added a spring from an old sprinkler head, and duct taped the front back on for a grip. Plus, it's orange!

Sorry the picture don't work. Just copy and paste to your URL spot. Thank you.

That poor poor LS. That is remarkably sad.

Thank you for taking care of this VACC, the part of me that died seeing that picture was partially regenerated because of your fine fine work.

#192405 Jack Star! Ammo Holder And Weapon

Posted by TimmyTown on 28 November 2008 - 12:47 AM in Homemades

So what your telling me is that your putting a hole in the tip of a dart, so that you can hold it there? And then throw it a person?

No, there is no need to put a hole in the dart tip. The dart fits over a little nub on the end so the dart tip is facing outward.
maybe if I put pics up you would better understand?

Yes.

#191623 Big Bad Beast

Posted by TimmyTown on 24 November 2008 - 12:52 AM in Modifications

It's hacked up, there's glue, there's odd shell pieces, there's loose hose, it's totally jury-rigged--and i fucking love it. This wasn't built to impress; it was built to shoot your friends with. Bravo.

I support this statement in every way.

#191612 Big Bad Beast

Posted by TimmyTown on 23 November 2008 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Haha, seems like a less beautiful version of mine, with a worse name.

However, I very much like it.

Norther of heaven did the thing before me, but mines is turreted and yours is more like mine then his. I also did the pump in tuby thing second, but since I had never seen his i take just as much credit.

You werent the first, and your 2k is in an inconvenient place. However, it is a nice mod none the less.

I will post the link to mine and let norther gloat on his own, seeing as how he is also viewing this thread.

Linky: http://nerfhaven.com...topic=13575&hl=

#191593 Mystery Gun

Posted by TimmyTown on 23 November 2008 - 10:03 PM in General Nerf

It looks similar to the lightstorm series. THere were a few "mods" for them. They really don't have a good airtank if thats what it is. It seems a very weird knock off brand of it though.

#191548 Anyone Have/modded/seen These Things?

Posted by TimmyTown on 23 November 2008 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

My brother bought one similar during the last drummer fun day. They're about the dumbest thing you can get for paint ball. They're weak and pointless. There's really no use for them in nerf.

For paintball, yes they are completely useless. However, the pistol splat when modded correctly can get 70-80 ranges not to mention it looks super bad ass.

Oh! And if your looking for some safety glasses, either for playing or for protection while dremeling, I highly reccomend using the ones that come with the pistol splat. They are the most comfy glasses ever, I frequently forget I have them on and come upstairs to dinner with them. In fact, I love them so much that I recently lost mine and I am buying another pistol splat to get another pair (plus I like the gun as previously stated).

Yeah split, I also so the magnum, I have no idea how it works though. From what I could gather it was the EXACT same gun as the pistolsplat but it can take 2 of their "clips" (Just tubes with paintballs in them) instead of 1. And a slightly different cocking mechanism, a slider instead of a lever.

Aether if your brother has one of these you should open it up, or at least enlighten us on its mechanics.

#191513 Anyone Have/modded/seen These Things?

Posted by TimmyTown on 23 November 2008 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

No I am pretty sure it is .5

I wonder how this thing pumps?

#191508 Anyone Have/modded/seen These Things?

Posted by TimmyTown on 23 November 2008 - 05:31 PM in General Nerf

I love the pistol splat, it is a fantastic pistol with a great design. It fires fantastically and I am optimistic about what I am about to show you because of it.

Its from the same people and seems to be air powered

http://www.amazon.co...ref=pd_sbs_sg_6

I am hesitant to purchase it because of the price tag though, and the shipping estimate is laughable. Anyone know anything about it? It's funny that these things suck at paintball but are great nerf weapons.

#191226 Mega Missile Mod

Posted by TimmyTown on 22 November 2008 - 01:03 AM in Modifications

I really liked the modification and I need to look into getting one of these.

But I highly disapprove of the music. I can't STAND Paramore. I had to play different background music to make it through the video. And to think I had to sit through her for an hour just to see the offspring. Ah well, it was worth it.

Anyway it's nice to see this is a hobby that can draw interest from either sex.

#191099 Modding Styles

Posted by TimmyTown on 21 November 2008 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

I usually read a bunch of write ups and what people have to say about the the gun so I don't do anything irreparably stupid.

And then I just wing it. I never measure anything ever. I have a measuring tape sitting on my desk that never gets any use because of this. I just hold the piece next to the other piece and start cutting. I have a lot of specialized cutting tools though so it's not too awkward to do.

#190412 Call Of Duty 5: World At War

Posted by TimmyTown on 17 November 2008 - 11:25 PM in Off Topic

Its actually just Call of Duty: World At War

It is NOT call of duty 5.

Activision does not own the rights to make the number titled COD games. Infinity Ward does.

This game is a straight up COD4 with a WWII skin. The open online demo was fun for a while, but tanks are pretty dumb, and basically its the same thing. Not that this is bad, but I just don't think it is original at all. I must say the flamethrowers and dogs are pretty cool though.

#190329 My New Promotional Project

Posted by TimmyTown on 17 November 2008 - 07:41 PM in Off Topic

You should design some good posters. If you do, I will definitely buy one. I am looking for a poster as of right now to work with, I just suck at art in general or I would kinkos it. If it is something cool looking preferably without any people in it I would definitely buy one.

#190039 A Teaser

Posted by TimmyTown on 16 November 2008 - 03:03 PM in Homemades

Jesus rork....you're on a roll aren't you?

Posted Image
LOL, RorkRoll'D

That looks killer though rork, good homemades are sight to behold.

Note, this is not funny in any way shape or form. You failed at being funny. I dub your lack of funnyness with an A and your level of hysteria an F.

Please wait for further instructions from VACC or other modly inputs. If you do continue your stay here please increase your level of funnyness to a much higher degree, or simply do not speak again.

Thank you for your time.

I would really love to see this thing in action rork. Can we get a video?

#189941 A Teaser

Posted by TimmyTown on 16 November 2008 - 02:07 AM in Homemades

I think I just came.

#189830 Hornet Problems

Posted by TimmyTown on 15 November 2008 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

The issue is the tortion spring. There is a tiny one that is really hard to understand how it works without pictures, however I do not have a camera right now. It attatches to a peg in the slider and allows the semi auto function to work.

This IS your problem, or at least the only possibility that you can fix from what you have said, and I am not adept at explaining it to you.

#189821 Hornet Problems

Posted by TimmyTown on 15 November 2008 - 12:38 PM in Modifications

I had the same problem a while ago. Check the reply about the tortion spring that is what is wrong.

Thread: http://nerfhaven.com...topic=13148&hl=

#189642 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by TimmyTown on 14 November 2008 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

Why thanks for the useless post.

On topic: You do need to cut a hole in the center of the black thing if you do this right? Cause I forgot and want to know if I need to.

Thanks for the support Langley.

(btw, just another constant to throw in with your proportional explanation: atmosphere. As atmosphere decreases and initial velocity remains constant, the projectile travels further...NERF IN THE ROCKIES!!!).

"Never question the relevance of truth, but always question the truth of relevance" Craig Bruce.

My post was completely relevant to the topic at hand, substantial proof that what soulman said is entirely true.

Please do not be so quick to attack others, especially when you are ignorant to the reasons behind their actions or the intended outcome.

Now back to tank expansions! I wanted some ranges on this, some substantial testing that proved it was worth doing anything.

#189581 At2k Tank Extension

Posted by TimmyTown on 13 November 2008 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the support Langley.

(btw, just another constant to throw in with your proportional explanation: atmosphere. As atmosphere decreases and initial velocity remains constant, the projectile travels further...NERF IN THE ROCKIES!!!).

Thats why all my guns are incredible!

No really though, I can get 120 out of my splitfire. It's nice living in the mountains. Except our nerf season is incredibly random, makes planning wars very difficult.

Colorado is known for its insane weather changes. It can go from 80 to 30 and snowing in an hour.

It can rain incredibly hard for half an hour and then be 90 for the rest of the day. The wind can pick up and ruin any chance of nerfing whatsoever (like it is now :P )

Probably the most insane weather change I have experienced here was a day when it was 90 degrees and we were at the pool when it started hailing golf ball size hailstones denting cars, breaking windows, and causing concussions.

Many a day at the pool is interrupted by snow, hail, sleet, or rain.

But our darts fly farther, so ha!

#189423 Nerf Tank

Posted by TimmyTown on 13 November 2008 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

I have been think about this for some time myself i will make this within a two month period, keep updated.

I have been think about this for some time myself i will make this within a two month period, keep updated.

Sorry about the grammar I am not very good at typing.

I WILL MAKE THE NERF TANK

Then go slower and check your work. I did it this time, so you can copy paste into your post. Just clean it the hell up.

This is my official announcement that I cannot STAND horrible grammar, spelling, etc. If you have a post that is littered with errors then I will be correcting it.

Thank you.

#189225 Armetorreta

Posted by TimmyTown on 12 November 2008 - 12:55 AM in Modifications

Until I remembered (i.e. was reminded by reading the Vicarious mod) that the BBB plunger doesn't latch while the trigger is held down, I was very confused as to the point of the integration. Do you think there would be a way to install a sort of safety switch that would keep the trigger depressed? Then you could treat it like a mode switch--BBB mode or AT2K mode.

Uh yeah. You just hold down the trigger? That is the switch. If your holding the trigger down you can treat it as an AT2k, if not then you can treat it as a BBB. I am getting 80-90 with 7 pumps with AT2k. I usually pump that one up then cock the BBB fire 2 shots, spin turret and shoot 4 times (or reload if time allows). It is a 5th shot to me, not a back up shot. Because of the turreted nature of the thing.

#189215 Armetorreta

Posted by TimmyTown on 12 November 2008 - 12:07 AM in Modifications

Looks like this thing has some potential.
I look forward to seeing what you are going to do with it.
Glad I could inspire.

Your wish is my command. And no one else's wishes except for slug, maybe.

#189210 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by TimmyTown on 12 November 2008 - 12:01 AM in Modifications

I finished my Bloody Bad Bow today, and once I work out some kinks I shall name it something fantastic, probably in latin.

Now, onto shitty cellphone pictures! (If only my father would find my damn camera cable that HE lost)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Read more and comment here: http://nerfhaven.com...t=0#entry183321

#189113 Dt3 Modification

Posted by TimmyTown on 11 November 2008 - 06:54 PM in Modifications

I like it, It doesn't fuck up the mega pistol look of the gun, which I like.

What are the ranges?

#188915 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by TimmyTown on 10 November 2008 - 10:08 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Name: LIC (Lols I'm a Crossbow)
Range: Gets about 80-90

So today I made some more improvements to the LIC. The major issue with this gun was the misfires. Due to finding the Expandablast in the trash it was pretty damn beat up. As you will see in the below pictures the plunger rod guiding part of the shell was completely gone. The damn thing would misfire if it was shaken OR stirred.

So basically I just fixed the trigger catch by sculpting a piece of plastic to fit the rod. Attached VERY messily (because I was in a hurry and 5 minutes to wait for epoxy is FAR too long)

Posted Image

Prevents all misfires and can be kept primed for quite a while.

I am pretty happy with this thing, using nothing but broken guns I have created a decent loaner weapon that gets 80-90 feet consistently.

And it looks like a crossbow, a much uglier blueier crossbow albeit.

#188780 What The Heck Broken Stefan Tips

Posted by TimmyTown on 10 November 2008 - 03:56 PM in Homemades

Oh this is interesting. I am having an issue of tips flying off of darts, without hitting anything mind you. Its usually only in highpowered airguns IE: Titan, SM1.5k, SM5k etc.

I shoot a dart, the foam flops out, and the hot glue tip goes soaring (with astounding accuracy mind you) towards the target. This is kind of cool because it works like a real bullet but it gets rather annoying when the darts are no longer usable.

#188778 Sonic Bazooka Mod

Posted by TimmyTown on 10 November 2008 - 03:48 PM in Modifications

Mine, with a coupler right at the airsource, gets 80-90 easily. So you might want to look into how you load it (instead of putting it in the barrel shove it down the coupler)

#188768 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by TimmyTown on 10 November 2008 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

Holy shit jerm, you are the master of turrets!

Seriously, thats incredible stuff.

Right onto my picture!

Posted Image

Name: LIC (Lols I'm a Crossbow)
Range: Gets about 80-90

It is essentially a double NF inside of an ExpandaBlast shell. The stock is completely removable for a mega pistol feel.

The gun was made cutting up 2 NFs for plunger tubes and putting them inside of the expandablast plunger tube. It all fit pretty nicely. Then because I can't create a plunger rod worth shit I cut up a Commlink for it's massive plunger rod and stuck that inside of there.

It is prone to misfires occasionally, but if cocked correctly (with a slight upward inflection at the end of the stroke) it should be fine.

It would have a shitton more power, but due to the design of the expandablast shell springs only have about an inch of room when fully compressed. Right now I have a BBB and some other spring in there.

I think it looks rather like a crossbow myself in all honesty, and I own/owned one for god sakes! Too bad I can't find it anywhere....

#188767 At2k Turrets

Posted by TimmyTown on 10 November 2008 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

I have looked into doing this for a while but the spring post is metal? Its like 1/4 inch of solid metal (Im not sure what kind) And cutting it down looks like a massive chore....

#188405 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by TimmyTown on 09 November 2008 - 03:23 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image
here is my room :D

What the hell is a hydro blitz!?

I must have it.....

#188404 Combat Arms?

Posted by TimmyTown on 09 November 2008 - 03:22 AM in Off Topic

I play a game called Combat Arms, it is a FREE, "shoot em' up game". It has awesome weapons, great graphics, and my favorite- awesome maps. I was just wondering if anyone else played it. For anyone else who wants to learn more about it, click here: Combat Arms , and guys- its not as gay as the trailer makes it look. Also, no worries, its virus free.

I actually really dislike this game. I would highly reccomend warrock. The hacker issue is rather large at the moment but it will die down. I thought combat arms was cool for about a month then it got extremely repetitive. Whereas I have been playing warrock for about a year.

Oh yeah and http://nerfhaven.com...&hl=combat arms

just typed combat arms into the search engine.

#188313 Paypal

Posted by TimmyTown on 08 November 2008 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

To make this simpler for you, you can't even get a Paypal account as you are only 13 years old and need to be at least 18 to get one.

This is not true.

I am 15 and I have a paypal account.

You can use your parents credit card or if you have a bank account (many kids have savings accounts) you can register with that too.

Or you can go to the store and buy one of those prepaid debit cards (I used to do this all the time to pay for online games) and load that up to the account.

You just make an account like you do on any forum or anything else. I would reccomend the prepaid debit card option because then you don't have to go through parents or anything.

You can always get money on a paypal account too it just adds to your balance. Even if you dont have a spending option yet. It just inputs whatever someone sent you into your balance.

I highly reccomend getting one because it makes online transactions very simple. It just registers an email as your online identity.

I am strongly hoping that this is in reply to the PM I sent you. (please message me back when you can!)

#188285 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by TimmyTown on 08 November 2008 - 06:51 PM in General Nerf

i want one

Please read the COC. You revived a 7 day old thread (Which isn't a terrible necro by any means) just to say I want one? And without punctuation or grammar?

Please use grammar, capitalize, punctuate, and check how old a thread is before you add something. Also if you want to reply to a thread (ANY thread) then make sure you have something of use to say rather than "i want one"

For future reference, and to keep your account active, follow the above.

No need for ANY posts below this saying how I am right, what timmy said, or anything about the COC.

This issue has been taken care of unless a mod sees fit to add something.

Thank you come again.

#188029 At2k Turrets

Posted by TimmyTown on 07 November 2008 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

you cut the back of the turret so it dont stick out as far. Sorry I dont have any pics of that step. It's pretty simple I just explained it weird. None of the BBB's internal parts were cut except the tip to apply the turret. I plan to double spring it next.

Bring the BBB spring to the Ace hardware closest to you. Search their springs for an NF sized spring (but tougher) that is about 2/3 the size of the BBB spring. Buy 2 of these, cut 1 down so that they both fit all the way on the rod with little to no space left. I am sorry I don't have name for it but Ace labels their springs weird. This spring combination rocketed my BBB range to around 100' flat. (Upper 90s and low 100s)