Agent X10's Content

There have been 29 items by Agent X10 (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#148812 You Guys Should Take A Look

Posted by Agent X10 on 02 April 2008 - 10:35 AM in General Nerf

Well, I was totally fooled. I was completely surprised by it, and I didn't even realize it was April 1st until I read this topic. I thought that I might start reading nerfhq once and a while...guess not.

I was not at all fooled by the initial joke. Hence the content of my post in that thread. But I, for one, was fooled for a time by VACC's joke retaliation. I'd also note that as usual, Google's April Fool's Day skullduggery was excellent.

Oh, and yeah, I loved the whole:

Hersh: April Fool's or for reals?

*poof*

That was great.

#85200 Carrtoon

Posted by Agent X10 on 17 July 2006 - 10:11 AM in Off Topic

Egad! I'm late! Anyway, happy birthday Car-to-the-toon, you the man!

#84876 Boltsniper Bs-9 Nerf Tactical Sidearm

Posted by Agent X10 on 12 July 2006 - 02:48 PM in Homemades

A brake is a machine to bend or shear metal. You may have heard the term "press brake" before.

I see. I just use a dremel and a reinforced cutting wheel to cut the aluminum that I use. The reinforced cutting wheels are an excellent investment, by the way.

#84809 Boltsniper Bs-9 Nerf Tactical Sidearm

Posted by Agent X10 on 11 July 2006 - 06:54 PM in Homemades

X10, most people don't have brakes that could handle a decent thickness of sheet metal, and SLA still looks much cooler.

I don't understand what you mean by, "brakes". I didn't say it looked cool, I just was pointing out that it was, in fact, practical.

#84670 Boltsniper Bs-9 Nerf Tactical Sidearm

Posted by Agent X10 on 10 July 2006 - 01:02 PM in Homemades

I've already said this, but the gun is absolutely beautiful. Excellent work, as always. I might have missed it, but I don't think anyone mentioned using sheet metal for a clip. Why not? You can cut it in a flash with a dremel and a cutting wheel. Also, Zero, did you just randomly bring yourself back from the dead, or did I miss something? Good to see you, anyhow.

#84369 At2k Tube Extension

Posted by Agent X10 on 05 July 2006 - 12:46 PM in Modifications

I believe that Lefty said that one of the ways he expands the tank volume is by drilling a hole in the side of the tank and gluing the end of a capped length of CPVC into the tank. That elimnates messing with making the tank longer, and having to deal with pin problems. Another method is to cut the tank in half and put in a piece of a 1/2" coupler, but there you might have problems getting it back together straight. Anyhow, you'd need a goodly amount of extra hose to make much of a noticeable increase in range (depending on the size hose you intend to use). I hope that this helps you.

#83254 Valve Questions

Posted by Agent X10 on 14 June 2006 - 04:21 PM in Homemades

Looks like you folks have forgotten hose handle valves, which are fairly cheap and easy to use, as well. The ideal hose handle valve would be one with a trigger on the front, and with threads on both ends. I've never found one like this, however. I've found valves with the trigger on the front, no threads on front, or with the trigger on the back, with threads on front, but not both. If you can't find one with both (I don't know that such a one exists), I'd suggest going with the one with the trigger in the back but with threads on both ends. The reason for that is that the threads make the conversion from the valve to 1/2" PVC pipe fairly easy -- you just have to get a couple of fittings, and you're set (you'll need to use hose washers with the hose fittings). The advantage of valves with the trigger on the front is that when you shoot it, it won't make the barrel go upwards like the ones with the trigger on the back (which is majorly uncool for accuracy). This problem of the rear-trigger version can be fixed, however, by making a stock for your homemade (if you're making a pistol, then you can make a foregrip, or something).

You could also make your own valve, but if you're just a beginner in making guns you should probably try a ball valve or a hose handle valve.

#83165 Pump Shotgun Modification.

Posted by Agent X10 on 12 June 2006 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Wow... That's pretty sweet. Nice mod. Does this thing have any particular name? I also would like to know where you got it -- I don't believe I've seen it in a store before. Yes, Bags, it would definitely look sweet in neon blue and green. If I find myself one, though, I'd definitely extend the stock. That one looks a bit on the short, and thus, uncomfortable, side.

#82969 First Shot "PDW"

Posted by Agent X10 on 08 June 2006 - 08:55 AM in Modifications

I ain't no airsofter, but I knew the meaning of "PDW" through my experience with Roguespear. The P90 is also classified as a PDW. You can't get the original First Shot any more, but I've seen the blue and silver one at various places, including Wal-Mart, Toys'R'Us, and K-Mart. I got mine at Wal-Mart. Edit: About the NF being more desirable, you can definitely pump more range out of an NF if you mod it enough, but my FS does get 50-60'.

About the 2k PDW...I think I smell another fangoriously world-class Pineapple production coming up.

#82857 First Shot "PDW"

Posted by Agent X10 on 06 June 2006 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

That's excellent, Pinemeister! It's without doubt the best looking First Shot I've ever seen. I'm not a big fan of purple, but it looks great on that.

#79687 Bbb Troubles

Posted by Agent X10 on 12 April 2006 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

Also, if when you cock the BBB and it sucks the dart into the gun, you could cock the gun first, and then load it.

#79469 Nooooo!

Posted by Agent X10 on 10 April 2006 - 06:02 PM in General Nerf

Well, I'd just like to note that I get the exact same thing, and it isn't all right for me, as of now. But about Fox, like CS said, this was his first post, and he was posting it because he was unable to post at the HQ, seemingly.

#78776 Clan Directory

Posted by Agent X10 on 04 April 2006 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Our (North Georgia) clan is the LRC. We've been Nerfing for something like...four years? Something like that. My position is R&D Individual, or Expert, or Man, or whatever you want to say.

Members which you have probably seen on the forums at one time or another would include:

Nerfperson (clan leader)
Nerfreak
ElvenNerfer
Agent X10
Zelda Boy
Grammar Man
The Anarchy Department

...plus several which aren't on the forums. We along with the (Alabama) Random Encounter clan started the Southeastern Nerf Out (SENO). LRC's website is lrcnerfers.tk

#78482 Cnn Interview 8-9 Today

Posted by Agent X10 on 02 April 2006 - 06:17 PM in Off Topic

I knew who you were, man, but I thought you were just making up the interview part because it was April Fool's day, and from what Yakkers said. Sorry.

#78282 Cnn Interview 8-9 Today

Posted by Agent X10 on 01 April 2006 - 10:43 AM in Off Topic

*Wakes up at 10:00* Oops. Sorry. Would've liked to see the interview, though.

Edit: ...didn't realize what Yakkers meant about April Fool's Day till I'd already posted...

#75632 Sledgehammer

Posted by Agent X10 on 09 March 2006 - 12:31 PM in Homemades

Gah! Why must you all conspire against me to make me want to finish making my spring homemade rifle when I should be making darts?!

Anyway, looks like someone has been having way too much fun with CAD. I have wondered whether a barrel mag like in your first design would work, but it'd be hard to make it do so, as far as I can see. Anyway, nice designs and stuff. I'm looking forward to seeing it made, possibly.

#75630 First Shot Trouble

Posted by Agent X10 on 09 March 2006 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

9/16" brass is the main barrel. It's about 4" long. I've tried it with and without the short piece of 17/32" in the back. The air seal seams to be pretty good to the front of the plunger tube. This may just be a case of a slightly too long barrel, but I'm not sure.

#75546 First Shot Trouble

Posted by Agent X10 on 08 March 2006 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

I have a blue and silver version First Shot, not that the color ought to make any difference on it's performance, but anyway... I did a nested brass mod on it similar to CX's, and it used to shoot fairly well, but now it barely gets a good dart out of the barrel. I've tried detaching and reattaching the barrel, with no change, and I've tried using a piece of smaller brass at the back of the barrel, still with no good results. So if anyone's has any advice or experience on a problem like this, I'm open to it. Not that I don't have my four over-modded NFs and a TTG and a Maverick and a Crossfire and a Scout, but I still want all my spring pistol aresenal in working condition.

#75543 Lbb Trouble!

Posted by Agent X10 on 08 March 2006 - 10:50 AM in Modifications

I had this happen to one of my Blast Bazookas. On mine, the piece completely broke off, so I superglued it back on. Then I loaded it up with a pile of hot glue to reinforce it, and I used a piece of a wire coat hanger wrapped around right under the saddle that the rod rides in to reinforce it, used abundant hot glue, and wrapped it up in electrical tape. The only problem with using it with your finger is that the rod (which is also plastic) is liable to snap off if you bend it sideways any (hard not to do), which mine did. I've managed to more-or-less fix it by using a very small drill bit and drilling down the center of the rod, inserting a small piece of wire, and drilling down through the broken off piece and running the wire through it, and super-gluing it all, but it seems like it may be coming loose again, and you REALLY don't want this happening to yours. Also, on my new LBB, I reinforced the trigger as soon as I got it, by just loading it up with hot glue and electrical tape. I'm trying to be more careful on my second one, but I'm fixing the old one too.

#74938 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by Agent X10 on 02 March 2006 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

He never said the Long Shot out performed the Powerclip. He said:

"For the record, we have no info on ranges or anything like that. Nothing to measure with, but by sight I think the Magstrike out performed a PC."

Oh, sorry, my mistake in reading it. Something I'm wondering about the Longshot is that with the clip system, it seems like it'd be hard to do a barrel mod on it, but of course, we don't know the construction of it yet. Edit: Also, it's one good thread that can bring Gunny D back from the dead.

#74877 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by Agent X10 on 01 March 2006 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

Well it apparently detaches into two guns, or whatever, so I'm sure using it that way would cut down the size. I would hope that we could expect more than 100' out of it considering that OMC I believe said that stock it seemed to get better range than a PC (and that would be better than 50', or so, wouldn't it?). The X-bow doesn't get that much stock, although I guess it shoots arrows at that might have something to do with it.

#73978 At2k 1/2 In. Pvc Mod?

Posted by Agent X10 on 23 February 2006 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

The Random Encounter clan came up with a double barrel 1/2" 40 schd. PVC mod some time ago, which works well I believe if you want to shoot megas stefans. If you want to shoot micro stefans, I'd suggest quad brass or CPVC.

#73792 Long Term Effects Of Bugee/bands

Posted by Agent X10 on 21 February 2006 - 05:52 PM in Modifications

They have been known to shred catch pieces in excessive amounts, I believe. They can also, I believe break plungers and plunger heads. Replacing a spring with an excessively stronger one can have the same catch-shredding effect, as well.

#73394 Dart Tag Crossfire

Posted by Agent X10 on 17 February 2006 - 02:36 PM in Modifications

Here you go.

I did one on mine by twisting the peg out and drilling out the restrictor with a dremel.

#73393 Lanard Stealth Shot

Posted by Agent X10 on 17 February 2006 - 02:25 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I got one two years ago, and integrated it into a NF. The one thing I like about it better than the Nerf ones is that you don't have to saw off the cap on the pump to plug the air release valve, and I believe that you have to do that on all of the Nerf ones. About the same performance of a Nerf SSPB style gun, over-all, I believe.

#72960 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by Agent X10 on 12 February 2006 - 06:40 PM in General Nerf

I went to TRU yesterday to get ripped off, and to use a $2 Nerf coupon that came with my BBB. Sorry, I'm resentful about the jacked up NF price, it being $8, around here now. Also, I'm a bit unimpressed with the CF's performance, since I bought one of those too, for about $13. My TRU now has 15 NFs EX-3s, now that I got one. After the press release deal, though I don't think anyone need be worried about Nerf passing away, but if you want a NF, get one. If you can't, tough. I doubt the NF will be the last good Nerf pistol, although it certainly was a good one.

#71117 Nerf On Wikipedia

Posted by Agent X10 on 17 January 2006 - 10:57 AM in General Nerf

To the Infinite Shindig: I posted the comment about the Steve Miller Band because Shrimp had posted a lyric from one of their songs in the previous post.

Don't believe I've heard that Steve Miller song, though I'm a fan. Also, I think that this is a very good idea. I made a couple of corrections. For one thing, it's technically "South-Eastern Nerf Out," though that's not a big deal, but I corrected that, and it's held in Alabama, not Georgia, so I corrected that. It's bi-annual, and not annual, so I put that in the parentheses, with the location and full name. I also added the Switch Shots series, and the Mech Six.

#68906 Bolts New Pistol

Posted by Agent X10 on 08 December 2005 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

Here you go!

About this idea, though, like ompa said, it'd make the handle large to have a clip like his in your handle unless you used small darts. You could try making the clip out of aluminum, like out of those packs of thin aluminum that you can get at ACE, which might bring down size a little bit. I was also thinking about making an AUG inspired homemade with a clip a while back, but the AUG has its clip in the stock. Therefore, I kind of designed a rough system where as the gun was cocked it would slide a shell (or a dart) forward from the top of the clip to the front of the gun, where it slid into the chamber, and then some sort of sliding bolt (this would be all linked and actuated by the cocking handle, in theory) would close on the dart, but that would be highly impractical, waste motion, be hard to execute, and several other things. If shells were used, an electromagnet might be employed to slide the shells up, but it would seem like it would be unreliable, (and it would sadly require batteries).

Ambushbug: Your idea looks very good. As for the air delivery, I would personally try something larger than the RFR's tubing, considering that that may slow down air flow, slightly. The catch/trigger setup might be slightly difficult (usually is :) ), considering that the barrel comes between the trigger and the plunger tube. An armature type deal could be run up on either side to actuate the movement, though. It seems like the catch could be connected and worked by the trigger better in this setup if it used a top catch mech, like on the Maverick and Scout (catching the plunger/pluger tube from the top, instead of from the bottom like on an NF). Anyway, very cool idea.

#68833 Question About A Swich Shots

Posted by Agent X10 on 06 December 2005 - 11:04 AM in General Nerf

$25 for a Switch Shots Super? I wouldn't do it. The Max, from what I've heard, is a gun that would be worth that, but I have a Super, and it's in my opinion not woth $25. I bought mine at a KB Toy outlet, for something like $7-9. There are a few mods around, most involve taking the water part out and just using the air part. I tried to mod it using both parts. The air part worked pretty well, but is rather low volume. The water part has a slow air release. They both worked okay, but for some reason they wouldn't hold air over time, even with the release valve plugged. Then the O-ring of the pump shrunk, and I haven't fixed it yet. I plan to use the spare parts in an integration, and to rebuild my SM 1.5k.