kdizzle1533's Content

There have been 61 items by kdizzle1533 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#255563 Hitting The Target

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 07 November 2009 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

To clear the air, I didn't even think twice about the song at all. When I was filming the video I was playing Transform You by Chris Brown. It was pretty loud and came through clear on the video. Like my past experiance with my mega missile video, I didnt want my video deleted because of a copyright issue with the chris brown song. When I hit the "audio swap" button I applied the frist song I saw. So no, I'm not emo and no I'm not tring to make nerfers look stupid.

#255535 Hitting The Target

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 06 November 2009 - 06:46 PM in General Nerf

Check it out. Luck or skill?

(oh and for all of you people who are going to say "she must have tried a bunch of times to get it", I have the continuous shot footage still. Got it on the 4th try. If people want to see it I can upload the continuous shot.)

-Kdizzle

#242949 Norcal Sof Replacement War

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 21 July 2009 - 05:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I know I haven't been around and have bailed a lot lately but its for good reason. (Camille and I have been working like crazy tring to save up money to move out. We finally found a place we liked and got approved. We are moving out of our houses on Aug 15th to Fremont.) Weekends are prime time for us at our jobs because thats when we do the most business, so its hard to get those days off. Me and my team as of now are a "probably not" but trust me, we always make the effort. I hope this war is of Effeminate proportions and that atleast myself can attend.

-Kdizzle

#240655 Armageddon X

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 07 July 2009 - 02:26 PM in Nerf Wars

My sister is getting married at the end of this month. Orignally the bachlorette party was supposed to be in Vegas at the end of last month. I'm not sure waht happened on the planning end of it, but it was moved to the 11th, 12th, and 13th of july. I found myself torn. Utlimately I decided that I should be there to support my sister because a wedding (theoretically) only happens once. My team ans I have been looking forward to this for months, but now will not be attending. My apologies

-Kdizzle

#231092 Caff - Northern California Edition

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 18 May 2009 - 03:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I would say the 20th would be better. My sister is getting married at the end of July and I'm pretty sure I'm still comitted to be in Vegas for her bachlorette party on June 27th (which I'm tring to get out of). I think this is a great idea and we should all do this. I would only be able to bring Camille and Jordan with me but I think nor cal need this. Think of it as a warm up for Geddon (if youre going). I'm in.

#231045 A Short Story.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 18 May 2009 - 12:38 PM in General Nerf

That's really cool. I believe I saw the same Craigslist entry - Chico, if I remember correctly. In my high school days, I drove up to Chico many times, but that was from Sacramento. I considered making the much longer trip from here - the very same long drive KDizzle has accomplished - but my schedules would not permit it. And, I must admit, my interest as a collector was not sufficient to reschedule my other activities. I was sad. Mostly, sad that this rare find would probably disappear again into the obscurity of the unknown, perhaps never again to be appreciated by true enthusiasts.

It's a tiny thing to me, but today that sadness has been replaced with an equivalent joy. Yay!

I can understand treating the set with reverence and displaying it from a place of honor, but even in stock form ... you must have tested them at least a little?

Aww! Bob were you the "other person interested"? I was planning on making a nice fun trip to Chico with Camille and Jordan, but when I found out there was someone else interested in the blasters I busted a mission that night after I got off work at 1:30am. I drove to San Jose to pick up a friend and we left by like 2:30. We didn't get to Chico until a little past 5:00am. Then I had to jam back to drop off my friend and make it back to Hayward for class at 9:20. Dang you Bob!

#227282 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 30 April 2009 - 06:15 PM in General Nerf

I took a look at one around here that's huge and locally famous, and the few vendors who had nerf and nerf-like stuff were charging way too much for what they had. Like $25 Longshots, and $4 Fei Xiang knock offs. I didn't actually spot any old stuff. Though maybe I gave up too soon; I wasn't feeling great that day and the smokers were out in numbers, since the whole thing is held in a huge lot that used to be drive-in theaters, and smoking seemed to be generally allowed. (Which, by the way, is fine with me - I just don't want to be breathing it)

you must have been out there on 4-20 Bob. haha. Are you talking about the one near century on capitol? The flea market on tully is much better. Hardware and tools are much cheaper at the flea market rather then the guns thenselves.

#220109 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 27 March 2009 - 03:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Important update!

For this upcoming sat unfortunately I have work and was unable to get the night off. My grandfather recently fell ill and was in the hosptial for a few days up until he passed away on the 12th. I called in a lot of favors to be with my grandpa and family durring that time. So you have 2 options. You can choose to still have the war in which case Camille will probably be the host (if shes up for it) or you can choose to move it to another day in which I can request off and will be able to attend. I'm so sorry and I would totally rather be there nerfing my heart out all night long.

-Kdizzle

#217187 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 09 March 2009 - 06:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I've been away from my computer so I apoogize for the delayed post. SJNO2 In my mind was a success. Last war the haven people got a taste for what kind of rules, play and warfare us east side san jose people have established and this time around was more of a hybrid. No doubt the locals want to come out and nerf, they just don't have as much of a passion for it as we do, but I was thrilled that we were able to have a kick ass time with the peope who showed

Big thanks to Redmark for stepping up and not only coming through to make it to the war but for bringing 4 others with him. That was awesome.

Other things that were good:
-The bathrooms in the buiding were open
-The break for pizza was perfect not only for us to refuel but to do a little trading and for the parents who have just been hanging out to grab a slice.
-The weather was better then I could have hoped for
-Getting lots of play time it and a good chunk of trade and chit chat at the end

Some things to improve:
-Get more people out to play
-Be able to play in the inside hallway without numerous middle aged asain men staring at us

#216419 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 05 March 2009 - 01:21 AM in Nerf Wars

3 more days!

if the weather holds up like it was today we should be in good shape. It will be chilly for sure so I'd suggest to dress in layers. Keep a jecket for those long breaks in the out area waiting for a round to finnish up, and maybe a longsleeve or a hoodie for game play. I'd also wear shoes with pretty good tread on them because the grass, curbs and even some of the pavement could be slick from the rain. Just a suggestion. Also remeber ot bring a few bucks to throw in for pizza. See you then.

-Kdizzle

#214389 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 23 February 2009 - 02:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a question that may determine me coming, how late do you people play till? I have practice from 9 to 5 that day, but if I can drive down and get some strong nerfing time in I might be able to come.

it really just depends on when everyone gets tired. Since we've planned a food and rest break I presume we would be going pretty late. We've been known to nerf well past 1am so even if you get there by 10 I think you'd be able to join the action for a signifficant amount of time.

#213663 Longshot Problem

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 20 February 2009 - 02:36 AM in Modifications

when I made a singled longshot the front barrel was long enough to extend slightly past the nose of the gun. I fired it and my darts flew about 20 feet. I cut back the barrel a good amount and saw a dramatic increase in ranges. Even though the darts I was using worked well in cpvcthe long barrel wasn't efficent.

#208867 Armageddon X

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 02 February 2009 - 03:25 AM in Nerf Wars

the colored duct tape did work really well. A strip on the back and one of the front made it really easy to tell who to shoot at and who was on your team. I have already have about 13 different coors of tape, if you want me to bring them to use it woud be no problem. It can be a bit costly to purchase a bunch of different color rolls at 4 bucks a pop. I'd be more then happy to contribute that to the cause.

#208866 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 02 February 2009 - 03:17 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. Things happend so I might be going alone this time. I'll try my best to bring atleast 1 friend if I make it.

aww alright, I really hope you can come. No pressure to bring anyone else I mean more people will only make it better ,and it would probably be nice to have the company for the drive but no worries. Just you and your "A" game would do. Let me know about your status.

#207634 Ncno Nor-cal Nerf Off.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 29 January 2009 - 05:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll have to ask the others if theyre up for it. give me a few days to find out

#206809 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 27 January 2009 - 03:41 AM in Nerf Wars

who is esther? Oh well the more the more bad ass! Hopefully Radio and Redmark will come, but have yet to hear from them *bummed*

#206049 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 24 January 2009 - 08:08 PM in Nerf Wars

you can just update the list of locals if you want, or I can do it. Whatever. Have you talked to john and them yet?

#205883 Fmno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 24 January 2009 - 03:43 AM in Nerf Wars

hey nerfer9 if you want to bring a DTB I'll buy it from you for $10

#205324 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 22 January 2009 - 04:46 AM in General Nerf

I think your right, the shell does play a big role in determining a homemade from a mod. Though a modification is tweeking a gun, if you're using all homemade internals and it's considered a mod, would that mean that the shell is the gun itself? I would consider slugs 3k mod a homemade even though he used 3k internals he still created a new housing and pump system.

#205323 Fmno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 22 January 2009 - 04:26 AM in Nerf Wars

its supposed to rain, will the war still be on if it does?

#205318 The Longshot Contract.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 22 January 2009 - 03:17 AM in Modifications

most of the mods that are posted here with their own threads aren't that unique. They tweek a few things here and there to already existing mods. FA24 comes out with completely new and innovative modifications almost monthly. He perfected the longshot the first time so there really wasn't anything to improve upon. Maybe we should just appreciate quality work and his contributions to the community and not bitch.

#205229 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 21 January 2009 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

I've been to Lowes, Home deopt, OSH, and heck even looked at walmart. None of those places have metal cutting discs for a dremel. Where would I be able to find one short of ordering it online?

#204654 Sjno2!

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 19 January 2009 - 02:23 AM in Nerf Wars

It's time to start looking towards SJNO2!

Since hosting last time we’ve learned and tweaked a few things.

-My friend is talking to the manager of the coffee shop to see if we can use the bathrooms and such during and/or after play.
-We will be adding obstacles to the empty parking lots in the back. (Covered parked cars, etc)
-There will be a few tables in the staging area for placing guns, darts, and other misc. items.
-One of our local nerfers, either myself or another Supernova team member will/can collect money and grab some pizzas and sodas for a pizza break for those who wish to have one.

Naturally, there are things we love to keep. It's still a night war, hoping for a high turn out of nerfhaven community and locals, plenty of obstacles and different games.
We’ve chosen another Saturday, mainly because although shops close earlier on Sunday there are usually still people walking around till at least 7 anyways. We will start game play at 7:30pm. Though this doesn’t mean you have to be there exactly at 7, please realize that if you come significantly later those who showed up on time may not want to stay late to play to compensate. We’re not planning an early meet up beforehand, but feel free to if you want to trade or just chat it up.

Date: Saturday March 7th

Time: 7:00 pm

Posted Image
The square’s middle part has a fountain and some benches, that will be our staging and "out" area. The front side is full of pillars coves and lots of tactical places to hide.

The who:

For sure:
-team supernova
+kdizzle
+jboogie
+camizzie
-blue
-just some bob
-nerfman600
-nerfer9?
-jon
-kenneth
-eric
-janessa
-pants
-ryan
-bill (+1 maybe)
-nick
-esther

Maybe:
- jay
- varsi
-redmark
-californiapants

Rules:

-As last time, eye protection is at your disgression- regardless of age. You should know what your getting yourself into and you play at your own risk. We are not going to baby people and make them wear protection if they don't want to.

-Banned guns are on a case by case basis. If myself or one of my teammates feels your gun would be potentially harmful it will not be allowed so as always bring a back up. Because of the unique parameters of the site close combat will happen often so it's recommended to have a secondary or integration ready with shorter ranges for close quarter hits.

-Games and specifics to each game will be determined on site.

-Bring your own darts that work best in your own gun (recommended about 50 or so). All weights for stefans have to be covered completely. (Note: Last time we found multiple darts with screws as weights with no covers. If we find this happening this time we will stop game play and do a dart check for safety’s sake.)

Posted Image
This has been a supernova production.

#203610 Nerf Nightfinder Mod/ The Diplomat

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 15 January 2009 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

instead of just flaming him for what he did wrong why don't we give him constructive criticism so he can learn from it.

- its a good start but if you paint the shells whail the gun is open then it’s a lot easier to get the spray paint in the hard to reach spots like under the dart holder.

-good mod, but make sure you are as accurate as you can be with ranges because tacking on a few extra feet is a no no.

-try to look around next time before you post, there is a big thread for paint jobs and modifications. New threads are usually for innovative mods that haven't been done before.

#203508 Ncno Nor-cal Nerf Off.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 15 January 2009 - 02:57 AM in Nerf Wars

I have learned from my experience. Stop trying to sway people from my war. The entire world is not focused on SJNO or you for that matter. I am not going to change the date so you can come, just cause' I screwed up once doesn't mean that I'll do it again or that you should host the war.

Whoa whoa whoa. I wasn't tring to get people to not go to your war and I apologize if it came across that way. I wasn't expecting you to change the date for me or for anyone else for that matter. To clear up any bad blood or misunderstandings, I do support your war and I have nothing aginst you. Anyone who loves nerf and loves going out and nerfing, which its apparent youre passionate about, is pretty awesome in my book. Besides I love going to Tracy for sonics!

Nerfing (really awesome) + Sonics (really awesome) = Shit your pants flip a bitch amazing!

#203321 Armageddon X

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 14 January 2009 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Since we have 6 months notice, team supernova should be there. Hopefully we will have some friends in that area, that will be willing to let us crash at their place so other people with no contacts can stay with the hosts if thats the plan. Bob, redmark and people that might want to go from around our area pm me about car pooling. Other then that hopefully we will be providing some good play and a few girls in the mix for this war.

Posted Image
-supernova

#203308 Ncno Nor-cal Nerf Off.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 14 January 2009 - 03:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Absolutely. We had 8 at the first DCNO. Now it's a major east coast war attracting large crowds. Do SJNO, but if you won't show up to a nerf war because there will only be 6 people there then I don't think you can even call yourself a nerfer. And let me put one more thing out there. If you're attendance is hinged upon mine, then we have a problem. Because it tells where you're teams motivation lies and it's not in the mere fun of nerfing.

So my point is, if you have a whole team that can drive an hour from San Jose to get to a nerf war, pull up your big boy undies and get the team there whether I'm gonna be there or not.

Officially now that I know there is interest I'm going to try to make it work. Maybe not in February, but I will make it happen. All of you need to get out there in February and play or stop calling yourself nerfers.

Talio.

The very first war I went to was hosted by nerfer9. There was only 6 people, 3 of whom were myself and the 2 friends I brought. It was a blast from the car ride up, to playing, to checking out eachothers stuff. My concern isn't with the number of people in attendance its with the organization and professionalism of how it will be run. Don't get me mistaken my team loves to nerf and were out doing so everyother night even before we knew what modifing a gun meant, but going to a war and getting a 3k shot at our face from point blank range not durring a war game isnt wat we want.

Anyways I guess it dosent matter because I was just reminded that I had already comitted to go to my co-workes baby shower on feb 7th. If there is anything I can to to help this war be a success then plase let me know. If for some reason the date gets moved I atleast (not sure bout my other 2 teammates) would surely attend

#203138 Ncno Nor-cal Nerf Off.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 13 January 2009 - 07:39 PM in Nerf Wars

nothing against this war but I think we might be putting our eggs in the wrong basket. The war my team hosted a few months ago (SJNO), I think was the most successful Nor cal war to date. Radio anlong with several other haven members attended. Not only did we have 20+ people show up to play we had 4 active female nerfers. Just read the responces that people posted on the thread. We have a great location and a large following of local people. It allows for fewer mambers here to attend and still have a great turn out along with lots of room to grow into a large turnout nationwide war. Here we are looking at maybe 6 people to go. If talio and others will be there to regulate then I will make sure team supernova is there to support and have fun. If not then I propose we wait until SJNO 2 that is currently in the works for early marchish.

#200598 Other Projects

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 02 January 2009 - 03:34 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image
Me and Camizzie really like to snow board. So for xmas this year kdizzle decided to make something extra special for her best friend

I came up with this....
Posted Image
its a storage unit for her to sore all of her snow gear. I built it from scratch put it together, painted it, installed red rope light, and made a removable curtain. (here it is shown with my gear in it)

Posted Image
cutrtain closed

Posted Image
it empty

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
some upclose images

Posted Image
the back.

#200450 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 02 January 2009 - 03:19 AM in Nerf Wars

We were thinking the next war would be around the middle to end of feb. Time for people to rework guns and save the date. Too many wars too close together will dilute their value. Trust me it will be woth the wait. Team supernova is making plans to ensure the nezt war will be OUTRAGEOUS!

As far as FMNO we will be attending, but if its just going to be us then I dont know if its going to happen. I suggest you guys come and see how haven wars are supposed to be (in the morning, in an open field) SJNO was really different from anything else here.

#197149 Fmno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 19 December 2008 - 03:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image
supernova will be there.

#196855 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 17 December 2008 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

In reality, I've never had the misfortune to shoot a window. I guess I'm just a bit paranoid about that. That, and it would ruin the fun for everybody else if some idiot thought it would be fun to shoot a plugged titan at the window.

In war related, please plan another!
[/quote]

guns of that magnitude would be banned from play and I would suggest you not even bring it so some idoit dosen't shoot it and accidently hurt something or someone. Anyhoo we are going to plan another so be on the look out for another thread.

#196340 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 15 December 2008 - 02:57 PM in Nerf Wars

This war kicked ass.

Thanks to the hosts for bringing the colored duct tape it worked amazingly even under the bizarre yellow lights. I'd love to push for an earlier war, (with breaks for food and stuff) so that it lasts longer! Everyone was wiped by 11:20 haha. Also maybe a couple short games to compliment those legit long ones? I was STUNNED how many darts came back to me.

San Jose Nerf / Team Supernova; get online! we need more normal people Nerfers.

MVP weapon of the night was DEFINATELY the LS/DTB combo. Redmark kicked some ass with that magstrike too though.

Overall way to fucking host.
-Parker (Radio)
-Fernando (BlueDuck)

I was also suprised at how fast time went by. It was 11:00 before I even knew it. Anearlier start would be nice we just have to be concious that it is a public shopping center and we usully start late so the shops are closed and there are little people around. Durring our war though there was an unsusal amount of non nerfers becasue Burrito Azteca was having some sort of party. Next time though I'm sure if we got together at 6:30 and started around 7 it would be fine. I wouldn't be against a pizza run ethire. I was starving after we all left! thanks for coming!

#196303 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 15 December 2008 - 03:36 AM in Nerf Wars

no need for a whole new thread for reactions, just post here what you liked what you didn't and how you think it could have been improved.

the good:
-having a good amount of people show up
-the rain held off
-shooting almost an entire team on my own within about a min
-getting to meet haven mambers for the 1st (and 2nd time)
-getting in a lot of games
-not loseing a ton of darts
-having a ton of fun in general
-having 5 girls there to kick ass
-the duct tape to distinguish teams worked like a charm

the bad:
-long intro to house rules
-it was super cold
-no bathrooms

all in all it was sweet! We were thinging about having another one at around the end of feb. Does that sound alright to anyone else? Next time for sure we are going to bring a table to set guns, darts and other things on instead of jsut throwing them on the ground. We are also going to park our cars at different angles along the back parking lot and cover them with huge blankets so there is something to hide behind and give the parking lot a little boost. If its cold we were also thinking it would be a good idea to bring a big pump thermos thing of hot coco.

Anyways, just some thoughts. Hope to see you all soon!

#195494 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 11 December 2008 - 06:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I think bob wanted to meet up before at carls jr down the street. Myself and I know for sure he will be there, but we have yet to set a time.

#195486 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 11 December 2008 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys! just a reminder that it is a night war so you can bet its going to be cold. I always wear a sweater and basketball shorts for the deep pockets. Theyre a much looser and more comfortable fit then jeans. Youll be running around a lot but it will be chilly so dress accordingly. You also might want to bring your A game or you might get you @$$ kicked! See you all soon

#194398 To Mod Or Not To Mod?

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 06 December 2008 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

eventhough it looks totally sick, it still is a mav and will get the same ranges. I just bought one on ebay and i intend to keep mine in the box and pristine. I'm speculating that they will accumulate value in the future because of their limited availability. Stock guns almost always sell for more then routinely modded guns. I say no, but its up to you.

#193924 Modified Titan. Originally Made 2 Years Ago.

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 04 December 2008 - 03:48 AM in Modifications

sa-weeet. I like how you used the mav priming handle thingy majig to hold darts so it can slide on tacticle rails. *thumbs up*

#193528 Sjno

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 02 December 2008 - 05:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Whatever you guys want to do is fine. I know that there is going to be a pretty large number of people going (mostly friends of the people on the list who were interested). Me and my friend who is getting together the people who aren't part of the haven were actually thinking since its getting dark so early that less people will be out and we could probably start earlier. (we just need to make sure that all the shops in the plaza will be closed).
There is a coffee shop called java junction in the little cirlce or if you go down the hill about a mile there is a Carl's Jr on Quimby and White rd. that might be a good spot. People will be arriving at all times, (the most of them on time but late comers aren't extremely erotic) so if we want to start early, you guys can leave whenever you want so you dont have to make your drive in the wee hours in the morning.

#191277 Mega Missile Mod

Posted by kdizzle1533 on 22 November 2008 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I plan on making more video's in the future and Ill for sure have better lighting. I kind of just threw this one together when I came back really late from work one night. Keep your eyes peeled for more videos!