That Bald Guy's Content

There have been 14 items by That Bald Guy (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3326 Selling Darts And Renting Rifles At Wars

Posted by That Bald Guy on 12 April 2003 - 12:36 AM in Nerf Wars

In other words you think I'm a blowhard.

#3325 Star Wars Collides With Nerf...

Posted by That Bald Guy on 12 April 2003 - 12:33 AM in Off Topic

For your inner geek

#3323 The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Posted by That Bald Guy on 11 April 2003 - 11:59 PM in General Nerf

I agree with Famine about losing darts. The three darts that originally went with my Secret Shot have all been absorbed into the clutter of my friends' houses.

#3294 Selling Darts And Renting Rifles At Wars

Posted by That Bald Guy on 11 April 2003 - 03:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Let's just say sarcasm is my specialty as far as suggestions for nerf goes. In all honesty, I don't really see the draw in having a surfeit of darts in a Nerf skirmish. Limited ammo means expanded thinking.

#3292 Dringing

Posted by That Bald Guy on 11 April 2003 - 01:19 AM in Off Topic

Vanity plates disturb me. I dislike the abbreviations the most. They all look like this to me:

IRSTPD

CRCKHD

IDRVFST

SXE1

BIGDEAL

SMPRFI

ANDSO

#3279 Selling Darts And Renting Rifles At Wars

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

The darts problem is easy, actually. You work out what kinds of guns people will be bringing a few days in advance. Assuming you have the skillz, get the local hobby shop or hardware store to give you a discount for the chance (yeah, right) to be advertised or set up a booth for the war. There are loads of people dying to turn a buck honestly by selling stuff to kids (Ok, maybe not that honest.) With your few days in advance, you make enough darts to at least justify selling them.

#3234 Marbles

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 01:44 AM in Off Topic

Ah!!! Major Leagues 2!!!

My mother wants me to watch that movie with her. I usually fend her off with marbles and we watch Mel Brooks instead.

#3233 Girls...

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 01:41 AM in Off Topic

I can't date Llamas.

The only girls I find that I want to have a relationship with are the ones that I CAN'T immediately understand. I find depth in a companion almost a prerequisite now. The only girls I would never date are petty imbeciles with no concept of empathy.

#3231 Dringing

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 01:23 AM in Off Topic

I've waited a long time to even get my permit, but I'm confident I made a wise decision. I'm not driving regularly, but that's to be expected. I really look at intermediate licenses with the idea that I drive myself somewhere if I need to and bum rides or carpool the rest of the time. Full licenses are tickets to unbridled freedom in my family; if you can get yourself there and do whatever ELSE you have to do, then by all means you do it.

#3228 Americas Army

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 01:15 AM in Off Topic

Play Hogan's Alley until your eyes bleed. That's how to improve your accuracy... :alien:

Seriously, though, this sounds like a good game. I may have to join a few games during the summer.

#3226 Combustion Rifle --- And Recent Developments

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 01:05 AM in Homemades

I love the proof-of-concept. I wouldn't mind lugging something like that around, actually. But I have no sense of proportion; something like that could bother someone who just wants a nice little pistol they can mod (nothing wrong with that, either).

#3225 Marbles

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

I'm wistfully remembering a time when I put marbles in my Hidden Shot and did some massive damage to my room. Not all marbles fit properly into the barrel, so it was guess and check for a while until I had a good pile of the correct size.

In retrospect, aiming at the things on my wall was not the best idea. I have a lot of things under glass on that wall, and unfortunately a few of them aren't under glass any more. In addition to being hazardous to life and limb, marbles shot from a nerf weapon make a god-awful noise when they hit something hard. "Clack! Tonk! Ping!"

The worst aspect of my near-lethal ammo was that if it was the right size, it wouldn't fire because it was lodged too tight in the barrel and the plunger on the hidden shot couldn't provide enough pressure. I ended up put the gun under water and letting the chamber fill up in order to get something with substance to push the marble out. Even worse, the marbles seemed to accelerate to dangerous speeds with these treatment. I'm just glad I still have a mirror in my bathroom.

I know, I know. It's a humlugiously long post...

#3224 Help With Air Tank

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 12:41 AM in Homemades

If you could find some of those detachable water tanks that came with earlier Super Soakers (like that classic yellow one or the XP series) and could somehow creatively put, say, three of those on your gun, you'd have a decent amount of air available at all times. I have no way to vividly describe how you would do such a thing, but I can picture it in my head. I'm going to try something like this during the summer.

#3223 The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Posted by That Bald Guy on 10 April 2003 - 12:33 AM in General Nerf

The Impossible: 10 Acres of land including wooded areas with rope bridges and hunting blinds, rocky hills for capture the flag, and a beach with cliffs so we can get the "D-Day" vibe going. A concrete slab about two football fields in length for "urban" shoot-em-ups. And a Juice Bar. A massive Juice Bar.

The Possible: My high school on the weekends, the local airfield, Strawberry Patch Park... Any place that will have two or three emotionally immature people, really.