Nerf Bros's Content

There have been 248 items by Nerf Bros (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#322512 HellaWeen

Posted by Nerf Bros on 12 October 2012 - 08:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmmmmm.... Maybe I'll decide to come back from college and nerf for the hell of it... it been way too long, and I sort wanna wreak son's and run away too quickly for him!

#296772 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Nerf Bros on 28 March 2011 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey, we aren't dead.... the 26th is the date we're leaving on vacation, so we might have to be square...

#290841 Minnesnowta

Posted by Nerf Bros on 13 December 2010 - 10:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Annnndddd.. we're out. sadface. facepalm. We both work, with no time to get it off. Enjoy the best, most exhausting snow conditions that have been seen in years, if ever. I'm still hoping to host a war at bassett creek in January, I'll bump the thread soon.

#289560 Minnesnowta

Posted by Nerf Bros on 30 November 2010 - 10:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Put us as maybes, it's right at the beginning of my winter break and a few day before my bros, so there is a shot of us attending. Maybe. 6 mouths of bad luck don't give me much hope. One factor is what blasters I can have ready, my new longshot, bbb, and ghetto rainbow projects were all planned for my winter break, so I'll have to slap something together. And we're running out of darts, another winter break project. Maybe...

#288791 Minnesota Invite Lots Of Friends War

Posted by Nerf Bros on 23 November 2010 - 10:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Thank you, venom, because I again was afraid I was going to have to go "brave heart" to save ourselves.
Considering I already have a thread and a poll set up, could I take the first reboot war? It would help to know when everyones first semester ends, because the first few weeks of class are normally pretty relaxed. I'm done in December, so all of January is open for me. The only consideration is that we will host this war at Bassett Creek, which is only fair considering we are normally the ones who drive to wars. And then we can invite some friends, I've got a list of 4-5 guys I'd try to invite if I can get a good showing from the regulars. Who's interested? I'll bump the thread if I see interest.

#288160 Minnesota Invite Lots Of Friends War

Posted by Nerf Bros on 08 November 2010 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there if I'm still in the states.

Crap! Now I really have to get to this war! I would hate to see beaver leave without getting to nerf with him one last time!
-Aaron

#288022 Winter Bassett Creek War

Posted by Nerf Bros on 06 November 2010 - 12:36 PM in Nerf Wars

So it's really hard to invite people to hang out with people they don't know, doing something they may not like, 30 minutes away in St. Paul. So I've decided to host a war in our neck of the woods so we can get more of our friends involved.
I'm planing to host it during winter so we can avoid the annoying frolfers that made games interesting last time.
Oh, and the reason no one could find the park is because google knows Basset Creek Park as "Jordan Area Park". Don't ask me why.
I'm still deciding on food but there are two McDonalds, two Subways, Taco Johns and a really good pizza place near by. Or we could go to one of our houses.

Date: Primary- January 8 Secondary- January 15 or 22
Directions:
From Highway 100:
Take 36th Ave. N Exit, take a left on Welcome Ave. Follow until you see the park. If you miss Welcome any of the next 3 streets on the left will take you to the park, then head back to Welcome.
From Highway 169:
Take 36th Ave. N. Exit, Follow 36th past Boone, Winetka, Douglas; Take a left on Welcome, if you hit 100 you've gone to far
Rules: Dress warm, Don't be a jerk
Games: Whatever people want to play, besides Team Deathmatch,
Attendees:
Nerf Bros +1?
Potential:
Tators
Nerf Crazy
Venom
Velvetta

#288019 Firstshot Overhaul

Posted by Nerf Bros on 06 November 2010 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

Lol is that my old first shot? Glad to see it used for something. I still haven't used the hornet pump I traded for it.

#287942 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by Nerf Bros on 04 November 2010 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Off-season MN nerf is sickly, but summer is still healthy, especially when the outsiders come. Next summer I'll try to recruit some guys, but I also might try at our Basset Creek war, I've got at least one buddy who might be able to make it, and others if we're lucky. I'm going to try to find that ap beaver used to figure out when people are available, that way we can chose a date that works best for as many as possible.

Ap found:
Created a poll for date co-ordination

#287829 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by Nerf Bros on 02 November 2010 - 11:53 AM in Nerf Wars

It's sad that us and Beaver have been nerfing about the same amount of time, but he's been so much more useful to the community... and that Beaver was the voice of reason after Koree left, so now someone else has to take that job.

#287602 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by Nerf Bros on 27 October 2010 - 08:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Balls, scotts out so We're totally out, my little bro has a parade he never told me about (edit by Aaron:For the record I never said that i was open for the day.) and scotts going to be recovering from a party ("The parents will be there") so that leaves one person to drive 30+ minutes to St Paul, and it's not really economical... We'll make it up to you by hosting a war sometime this winter at Basset Creek, then no frolfers will bug us...

#287549 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by Nerf Bros on 26 October 2010 - 04:35 PM in Nerf Wars

So my little bro and scott are out, but I think I'll come anyways, cause now I can steal my little bros less broken weapons...

#287458 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by Nerf Bros on 24 October 2010 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey- Still planing to be there, but no one knows when the family get-together will be that day. We might have to leave a bit early, but we can't be blaimed for not knowing the time.
I need to buy enough polycarb to build a rainbow catch, I should have a chance to make a mcmcaster order before my winter break, but buying it now saves me time, and I can get a jump on building my ghetto rainbow.

#287077 Rainbow

Posted by Nerf Bros on 17 October 2010 - 06:29 PM in Homemades

I saw beaver facebook this design and I had to build one. I'm working on a plan for a ghetto version, using only hardware store parts. And yes, a local Menard's has polycarb. It's not the same as the McMaster poly, but it would do the trick if you were desperate. I'll just steal/buy poly from someone local instead. Traditional snap ideas can be used, endcaps, couplers, etc.; and by flipping the catch you could even use a clothespin trigger...

#285892 Newno 2010

Posted by Nerf Bros on 22 September 2010 - 09:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Aw fuck if its sunday I cant go then....

Only men who are compensating swear...

I'm with tators, I work sunday and do stuff at my church. So now I'll spend all Saterday bored...

#285597 Minnesota Haloween Nerf Out

Posted by Nerf Bros on 17 September 2010 - 03:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Busta- you've got all of college to get laid. The consequences of nerf live shorter lives than those of getting laid.

We will be there at all costs. Not nerfing since spano isn't healthy for the soul.

#285525 Newno 2010

Posted by Nerf Bros on 16 September 2010 - 04:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Ya know how they say the third times the charm? It might be. So far, if my memory serves me right, I don't work, but my little bro has a track meet, so I'm going to try to convince scott to share a ride with me. maybe. I know we'll make the Halloween war work at all costs.

#285337 Nerf Stampede - Mod Guide!

Posted by Nerf Bros on 12 September 2010 - 07:33 PM in Modifications

I'm glad your testing these mods well, I'm hoping that hasbro has fixed most of the endurance issues suffered by the Vulcan. It's painful how easy it is to convert to a rechargeable battery pack, I'm convinced someone at hasbro owns a zinc mine or else they would have done the smart thing and invested in a rechargeable pack, then they could jack up the price and call it a "Tactical Recharge System" or something. I really wish I had access to a CNC milling machine so I could make an aluminum internals for the Stampede, I think that would make this blaster into a primary.

#284686 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by Nerf Bros on 03 September 2010 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

My brother (Nate) can't make it, and I'm a maybe pending on how much I can get done on a summer project in one day, and transportation... Sorry guys, but the future looks grim. B)

#284379 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by Nerf Bros on 30 August 2010 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Crap had the date wrong in my head... and I'm scheduled to work... I can make this happen... maybe...

#283933 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by Nerf Bros on 24 August 2010 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm pretty confident we can make it to this war. But we won't be showing up, we will be arriving. Be afraid.

#283466 Deploy Flashlight Replacement

Posted by Nerf Bros on 18 August 2010 - 10:16 PM in Modifications

I think I have a few of those flashlights, they were on sale for $2 at True Value. Mine usually use 3 AAA batteries, what did yours use?

Forgot to mention that- it uses three AAAs like the stock light, so it was a direct solder in. A nine volt may be able to fit, but I didn't want to find a 4.5v resistor.

#283394 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Nerf Bros on 17 August 2010 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
write up

#283370 Deploy Flashlight Replacement

Posted by Nerf Bros on 17 August 2010 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

Yes, I know it's been done. But not to the Deploy, and not this cleanly. It's pretty easy, and a fun way to kill time. Some might right it off as a lame cosmetic mod but it does have a functional role beyond milsim lameness. I'll admit we have a major advantage over the majority of the nerfing community, we have a little chain of stores called Ax Man Surplus in the Twin City's area, where we can get supplies for ridiculously fair prices. The light I used set me back $3.50, most places that'd get you a one LED keychain light, but mine has nine and came with batteries. But if you have Harbor Freight Stores nearby I've seen coupons for free 7 LED lights there, and I saw a 2/$7 deal at Menard's recently on 7 LED lights, so keep your eyes open. Enough talk, onto the mod.
Supplies: (should mostly be obvious)
LED Flashlight with diameter 1 1/8" or less
Soldering Supplies
Dremel/Hacksaw
Craft foam
Wire (if you can't salvage the original)
Pliers
Hotglue
Steps-
1. Open up your deploy and remove the front clip assembly
2. Remove the Screws holding down the Battery and light assembly, pull apart the original light:
3. Dissect your flashlight. I start by cutting it at the seam line, then 1/8th of an inch from the front to remove the lens. I used a pliers to remove the shiny silver piece, and then the Printed Circuit Board with the LEDs on it could be worked out the back.
Posted Image
What you need to retrieve:
Posted Image
4. Take that assembly and wrap it in craft foam. Then hotglue it into the original lens:
Posted Image
5. Now the fun part- wiring. I tried to salvage the original wiring but failed at striping it. If you payed attention it should be obvious, but here's a diagram for reference
Closeup of battery box and light:
Posted Image
Completed:
Posted Image
My little bro did the soldering, but now I understand it better and could do it next time.
Test it and put it back together. And your done! yah!
Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image
But that really doesn't show the awesome difference it makes. If I ever needed it in combat I actually could use it now.
Posted Image
Super Clean
Posted Image
Super awesome
Another reason to wonder why hasbro doesn't do it like this stock.

#283091 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Nerf Bros on 13 August 2010 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

I decided it'd be boring to spend all my grad party gifts on college and my car so I put some of the gift cards into a clear deploy:
Posted Image
Fully Stage 1 modded
Posted Image
I used hotglued craft foam instead of e-tape because it looks cleaner. Ranges are in the 40-50 ft range, streamlines are finicky.
Also, because there is no clip storage on the deploy I turned some junk into a clip holder for my bandoleer:
Posted Image

#282916 Hyland Ruckus!

Posted by Nerf Bros on 12 August 2010 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't think our parents will schedule a camping trip to the most drunken campground in Minnesota over this one.

#279923 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Nerf Bros on 10 July 2010 - 05:51 PM in Homemades

And now I present to you, for your enjoyment, two stupidly simple but totally unique homemades-
BLARG!
Posted Image
Think a snap with no trigger
[Posted Image
Yes, those are nightfinder springs. Hey, they're cheap and surprisingly effective, so why not? Ranges are in the 60s-70s with a 12" barrel, but I haven't tested it with the 18" barrel yet.
Next- HAMIP- High Airflow Manual Inverted Plunger-
Posted Image
I don't know why I chose to do it this way, but I had a 2" endcap and a 1.5" coupler and reducer so I bolted it together and it works
Deadspace?
Posted Image
1/2" Pipefoam and hot glue do the trick nicely.

#279655 Hilt's War

Posted by Nerf Bros on 06 July 2010 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't forget your crossfires. Otherwise there'll be enough weapons to go around.

One thing to note about gametypes- 3-15 deathmatch is dead. Objective based gametypes are in style right now. If you have good flags bring them. I'm hoping attendance is good enough to test my new "Carpe Testiculum" variant, watch the ning for details.

#279619 Hilt's War

Posted by Nerf Bros on 06 July 2010 - 01:31 PM in Nerf Wars

7th sounds awesome to us.

#279414 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Nerf Bros on 03 July 2010 - 10:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Change of plans, we're out. Too much to do and I work. I might not be able to get my BBB breeched and cosmetically cleaned before then and my little bro says he's making plans. Ah well, see ya'll in August.

#279283 July Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Nerf Bros on 02 July 2010 - 04:20 PM in Nerf Wars

W00T a war on the one day in June we can make it to a war... but I have to slam my BBB back together so I can use that and maybe build a hamp... if our parents approve our attendance... but I might be able to drive my own car, so there's not a lot for them to object to... unless I work...
Paul stole orange, so we'll take purple.

#278983 Spano 2010

Posted by Nerf Bros on 29 June 2010 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

As it did last year SPANO rejuvenated my love for nerf.
+ BEING THERE!
+ Awesome foreign Nerfers
+ no broken weapons
+ discovering that BBBs were meant to be used sideways
+ Getting a kill with a Sneakshot with a 2" cpvc barrel (ranges 20-25 ft) against Shorts(?) armed with a +bow/HAMP during Alamo
+ Getting Wyes and inspiration to build a HAMP. Now if only I had time to get to a hardware store...
+ Getting a good amount of kills and taking a fair amount of hits
+ No welts
+ Coming with a bucket of good quality darts and leaving with a bucket of high quality darts

- Still not enough primarys of my own. My BBB is great, but I need more.

#278146 Splitfire/2k Turret Modification!

Posted by Nerf Bros on 20 June 2010 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

Wow, that's nice! I had the idea to do that to a splitfire once, but I never did it before I traded it.

#277539 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Nerf Bros on 12 June 2010 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

So at some point in time Daniel Beaver said that our local thrift stores suck because there's never anything there. In reality, its just more unpredictable than others. But in the last 3-4 years it's yielded a variety of great blasters for Nerfcrazy, tatortotguy and us, and today we found our best yet:
Posted Image
Heck yes. Price?:
Posted Image
99% mint. Tiny sticker and paint wear. We've been joking about finding one, and we finally did. My nerfing career is complete now, we can sit back and laugh as the prices climb.
Eik: You are correct so I will add a pic of some mods I did a while back.
Posted Image

#276726 Spano 2010

Posted by Nerf Bros on 03 June 2010 - 04:26 PM in Nerf Wars

But you'll end up a freak living in your mothers basement either way...
The date change solidified our inability to come. Which blows. But at least tators is willing to help me do some trades.

#274020 Spano 2010

Posted by Nerf Bros on 04 May 2010 - 03:36 PM in Nerf Wars

We're still out. Now I'm really angry 'cause Carbon will be there, and he takes the Effeminateness of nerfing to the power of awesome (E^A) and there's few safe and legal things as Effeminate as that.

#273428 Spano 2010

Posted by Nerf Bros on 26 April 2010 - 05:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, we are out for this year.

#273198 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Nerf Bros on 24 April 2010 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Aaron's Recap
Pros
+Rain stopped
+No gun failures
+Zach being a good Jew and going to Bruger's Bagels after we all left. (Ironic)
+Twinkies 3/15 or what ever that game was.
+Gathered a ton of darts afterwords
+Getting to play with some fresh blood
Cons
-Ps800 was unusable
-not nerfing all that much

I think that we need more non 3/15 games, those got a little old after a while.

#273149 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Nerf Bros on 24 April 2010 - 08:35 AM in Nerf Wars

The weather channel gives us an odd bell curve of precip chances- 45% at 11, 55% at 12, 10% at 1, 10% at 2, then 70% at 3. I see a two hour window of awesome, so lets do this thing!

#273126 April 2010 Minnesota Nerf Outing

Posted by Nerf Bros on 23 April 2010 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

My vote is play through the rain. I don't care if it rains, personally I think the rain would offer a new perspective on the sport. (if you can call it that) A little rain never hurt anybody. I just want to nerf.