GandalfInArmor's Content

There have been 26 items by GandalfInArmor (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#5874 East Side...West Side...

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 21 June 2003 - 01:50 PM in General Nerf

Northwest, represent! well actually, i'll have to say west....

while we're on the topic, anyone here besides Vonoska from the seattle area?

#5868 Star Wars Galaxies

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 21 June 2003 - 12:57 PM in Off Topic

i'll probalby be getting one of those soon as well. i don't think my computer can handle the insanely good graphics. just 5 days left...........

hope to see ya on the servers

#5829 Star Wars Galaxies

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 19 June 2003 - 10:29 PM in Off Topic

you pre-ordered it yet? i've heard you probably won't get your hands on one for a while unless you pre-order it.

#4815 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 20 May 2003 - 04:59 PM in Off Topic

I think what the architect exactly said was that he was helped by others to create the matrix, and that IF there was a mother of the matrix it would undoubtedly be the Oracle. So he didn't exactly say that the Oracle had the title of the "mother of the matrix" but it was implied that she was at least very influencial in creating it.

Correct me if i'm wrong here.

#4699 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 17 May 2003 - 04:46 PM in Off Topic

What would have happened if he had gone through the other door?

****MORE SPOILERS, don't read if you don't wish to know****

Correct me if i'm wrong but the arcitect told him that if he went in the right door he would be allowed to choose 34 (?) people from the matrix and take them to rebuild Zion after the machines had destroyed it. This would then continue the cycle of anamolies and possibly give the humans a chance to destroy the matrix at a later date. This was ovbiously the choice they wanted him to take. The other door then being one that lead to the destriction of Zion and all of mandkind.

#4664 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 15 May 2003 - 11:38 PM in Off Topic

could somone explain to me how people hjurt in the matrix are hurt out of the matrix?

well neo asks the same question and Morpheus says that "your body makes it real." So as you are hurt your body in the matrix your mind thinks it is real, and therefore may start bleeding, or cause pain. neo also asks that if you die in the matrix do you die in real life? which morpheus responds saying "the body cannot live without the mind."

Hope that answers your question.

#4660 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 15 May 2003 - 11:15 PM in Off Topic

Despite all of you who didn't quite like it, i think it was, in a word, amazing. The fight scenes were great, granted they might have gone a bit overboard a few times (neo fighting 100 Smiths, etc). I think the fight scenes again showed us that there is no comparison to the Matrix in the fighting choreography and camera style. People have tried to copy it numerous times, but nothing is like the origonal. I think it will set the standard for Kung-Fu style movies for quite a while to come.

I will admit that i only had one worry going into the movie, that the philosophical aspect would be lacking from the first and the movie would be filled with action scene after action scene. The first is hard to live up to, as the whole idea of the Matrix almost instantly caught on as a major pop culture craze. And then there was all of Morpheus' speeches about dreams, choices, fate, etc which were all intriguing. To put it in simple terms, the whole first movie was ground breaking. i was worried the new one woudln't have that "twist" that made you think....... or the complicated story line that took a while to understand. But i think relaoded lived up to the standard nicely. I won't spoil the movie for people, but the talk neo has with the guy in the white suit was the best part of the movie and really was quite though provoking for me.

Wow, that was quite long. I reccomend that everyone at least go see the movie, wether you end up liking it or not. Applause to the Wachowski brothers on another well done movie.

#4609 Er..sizes On Piping

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 14 May 2003 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Well it looks like you have some fans Vonoska, congradulations. Maybe you ARE that 1337.

GunnedDown: We buy Frost King, as that's the brand our local Hardware stores stock.

#4604 Er..sizes On Piping

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 14 May 2003 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

........ *rolls eyes*........

I would just stop, you're digging yourself deeper every second. And now i'm sure everyone here thinks your an idiot, or at least a bit crazy, which i can't deny myself.

Please excuse his banter.

#4507 Er..sizes On Piping

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 12 May 2003 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

awesome, thanks again for the info.

#4498 Er..sizes On Piping

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 12 May 2003 - 08:54 PM in Modifications

K&S is outer 9/16" and inner 17/32" (or outer 17/32" and inner 1/2").

so if i wanted to get 1/2" ID (to fit micro stefans) i should buy the 17/32" size off the website?

sorry to ask, but i just wanted to confirm as i can't actually see the stuff before i buy it, and i don't wanna buy the wrong size (again). thanks for your time.

#4496 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 12 May 2003 - 08:47 PM in Off Topic

No one has posted here in a whlie, but i decided to since there is little more than 2, yes that's TWO, days until the Matrix Reoladed comes out!! i'm excited. My friends and i have already bought tickets to see it on thursday. wow i can't wait. i'll update ya'll after i see it.

Anyone else planning to see it the first day?

#4181 Airtech 2000 Liquitron Mod

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 30 April 2003 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

I tried many methods; super glue, epoxy, hot glue, and prolonged cursing. However I ended up buying some small hose clamps that would clamp the tubing onto the opening and make a nice seal. That coupled with super glue did the trick just nicely. Good luck.

#3972 Tubing

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 25 April 2003 - 12:26 AM in Modifications

Awesome. So i'm not the only crazy nerfer who has revamped their tubing! Well maybe someone should do some range tests on this to see what the results actually are....... After i brass mod my 2K i'll take some range tests and then do them again when i put the new tubing on. May be a few weeks before i can get to the store to pick up some Brass, and new piping though. I'll check back when i figure it out.

#3958 Tubing

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 24 April 2003 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

Last summer i got this crazy idea to replace the tubing on the SM 1500 that goes from the pump to the air tank. I forget if it was my idea, or i heard it on the forums, but that's beside the point. It requried a lot of super glue, epoxy, and some hose clamps, but i got the tubing on just fine. It's about 1/2" and some pretty heavy duty stuff at that (actually i think it was origonally that tubing you use to siphon out fish tanks.) Theoretically it should increase the size of the air tank, as more air is able to fit into the larger tube than the smaller one. I never did any range tests of before and afters, and i also didn't notice a significant change in distance. The increased size might be too small to make it a viable mod, but i was wondering if anyone else has ever tried this method?

#3884 Wind Waker Anyone?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 23 April 2003 - 10:52 PM in Off Topic

hello friend, welcome to the wonderful word of nerf. I'm sorry buddy, but i'd have to agree with superadaquabat. It would be fun and all, but just woudln't be zelda. It would just feel......... different. The core of zelda is the plot and the gameplay. It just woudn't feel like Zelda to me if i was duking it out with a friend. I could see them possibly making a MMORPG in the land of Hyrule, but even then they'd have to be very careful to keep the game feeling Zeldaesque, and not morphing into a new game.

Now that i think about it, they do have a multiplayer Zelda game. On the new Advanced remake of A Link To The Past they put in a multiplayer mini-game type thing called the Four Swords. Anyone ever played it? (I haven't)

#3809 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 22 April 2003 - 05:04 PM in Off Topic

It's actually avaliable in a platinum color as well, which is pretty tight looking. But, who cares if the system is purple? "never judge a book by it's cover"

and we should be getting back to topic......... anyone seen the Animatrix shorts? It looks like they're coming out on DVD the day Reloaded comes out.

#3784 Wind Waker Anyone?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 21 April 2003 - 10:59 PM in Off Topic

Wow, i just looked up a bit about the Zelda games. The first one came out in 1986!! wow, i never knew that. I was born in 85, haha. "Almost as old as i am" to quote bilbo.

#3770 Wind Waker Anyone?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 21 April 2003 - 08:11 PM in Off Topic

I guess it's changed a bit?

I wouldn't know, i didn't get into the Zelda games until the Ocarina on the 64. My first console system actually!! (yes i had a deprived young childhood)

#3738 Wind Waker Anyone?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 21 April 2003 - 04:03 PM in Off Topic

Well if you loved the old zelda games, it'd at least give it a chance. perhaps renting it or something. I've actually heard from people that the Wind Waker feels more like one of the classic Zelda games (A Link to the Past, Links Awakening, etc.) as opposed the the 64 ones (majoras and ocarina). I remember back for E3 when Nintendo was previewing the Gamecubes power, the had a scence of Link fighting Ganandorf. It was very Resident Evilesque; dark castle room, and realistic human faces and bodies. The movie was awesome, after that i couldn't wait until Zelda for Gamecube. But after the cartoon graphic were announced i thought about it a bit, and a Zelda game with completly realisic characters, and insanse lifelike graphics wouldn't exacly fit into the progression of the Zelda series. It just wouldn't be the same. I think Miyamato made the best choice going this way. People should give the game it's due credit, and not let the Cartoon graphics shy them away from a potentially awesome addition to the Zelda series.

And, yes, the Ocarian of Time and a revised Master Quest (revaped dungeons, etc) are coming out on a single disk to Gamecube. They were giving them out to people who preorderd the Wind Waker, but i'm sure they'll be on the market individually sometime.

#3698 Wind Waker Anyone?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 20 April 2003 - 12:06 PM in Off Topic

I thought i'd start a post about Zelda, so we wouldn't get off topic in the Matrix Reloaded post. Any hoo, has anyone picked up the new Zelda Wind Waker game? i have had the pleasure to play it, yet for only a dissapointing 10 minutes. Even from those ten minutes the game looked awesome. I admit i was dissapointed when the i saw the first screen shots which were in the "cartoony" style, but after playing it, the graphics are awesome. The shadows, lighting, everything are top notch. And if the story line, and the rest of the game, are up to par with previous Zelda games, it should become another classic.

Here's what a reviewer gave it from gamezone.com:

"Overall: 9.9
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker is the most perfect game Nintendo has released since Super Mario 64 came out in 1996. It ranks among the very few elite, unforgettable titles, including the original Zelda, Grand Theft Auto III and Final Fantasy VII. Metroid Prime was a top-notch, near-perfect game, and The Wind Waker is even better! How can words describe a game like that? They can't – but the score can, and Zelda is the first game I have ever reviewed to be worthy of a 9.9. Cherish every moment of this masterpiece. History has proven that it is going to be a long time before we see another game this good."

sure convinced me to buy it when i get a chance!
Here's the rest of the review if you wanna take a look. [I]

#3669 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 19 April 2003 - 03:45 PM in Off Topic

yes.......... i always get that response when i say i like nintendo. Most people label it as a "kids" gaming system. There have been NUMEROUS good games for teenagers, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Matrix, Zelda series (yes it's more gearded twoards kids, but the games are awesome), and of course there's plenty more. I guess i would call myself a loyal nintendo gamer. Oh well, you guys can have you're X-boxes and PS2's, i'm just happy with my Gamecube.

#3591 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 17 April 2003 - 08:42 PM in Off Topic

Anyone heard about the upcoming Matrix game for Gamecube (and PC too i think)? It looks quite awesome. It follows a parallel story line as that of Neo and the gang in the new movies. You get to chose from two playable character, one being a pilot in for the Zion fleet, and another was described as "a Zen Buddist Apache assassin." Sounds sweet to me! It also dosen't seem to be a James bond style shoot 'em up, but rather a Kung Fu type game, where you're encouraged to physically attack your foes rather than fill them with lead. Sounds like a good deviation from the norm, something new. But the part of the game that sounds the best is that you can Hack the game. Yes, hack. There is some feature where you can hack into the Matrix and get better guns/abilities/stats etc. for your characters. It seems they'll make it quite hard to hack, which is good, so the game won't be overly easy. But i'm very excited to see how the game turns out, some of the screen shots look awesome. It's coming out the same day as the movie (may 15th). Heres a site if you wanna check out some screen shots go here

#3179 Brass Or Pvc?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 09 April 2003 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

ooo alright, i get ya. thanks again. i'll go chek out some of this brass stuff.

#3166 Brass Or Pvc?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 09 April 2003 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

thanks a lot for the help, but one more Q: does the brass piping still work better than PVC if you don't do the successive barrell enlargments like the one your article explained?

i'm gone for a few months and all these new mods pop up! i feel so lost, haha. thanks for tolerating the questions.

#3145 Brass Or Pvc?

Posted by GandalfInArmor on 08 April 2003 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

Hi, this is my first post here. I was somewhat involved in the nerfing community over at NerfOnline last summer, yet haven't touched my guns all of fall and winter. Last week my friends and i dug out our guns and had a blast, so naturally i'm back here, looking for the newest guns, etc. I've already picked up a AT2K and am in the process of modding it. But i was looking around the boards and saw that some people are using brass piping instead of the good ol' PVC. Is there a large advantge to using the brass as opposed to the PVC? i'm assuming that the brass is a bit more expensive than the PVC as well, is it worth the extra cost? Thanks for the advice, i'm looking forward to another good spring/summer full of nerf. Nerf On!