Firefox551's Content

There have been 116 items by Firefox551 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#232128 Spring Powered Nerf Pocket Scatter (s.p.n.p.s.)

Posted by Firefox551 on 23 May 2009 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

You could create a pin to put into the plunger of the popper, and dremel out the part that holds it, so as to make the catch very unstable and any jarring motion would cause it to go off. I don't know if it's possable, but that's my two-cents.

#232046 K9 Special Help.

Posted by Firefox551 on 23 May 2009 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

Alright guys. I have not done any reinforcements, I only have the stock spring in, and the breech handle is at least an inch away. I have taken out the internals and put them back in around five times, and I still can't figure out the problem. I will post pictures later today or tomorrow.

#231914 K9 Special Help.

Posted by Firefox551 on 22 May 2009 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Alrighty, here's the deal. I just finished constructing my first K9 special, and I have a problem. When I try to cock it, I can see the trigger move as if the catch was engaging, but the plunger seems to stop short just before the catch can engage. It's only off by less than half and inch, and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. If anyone could help me with this dilemma it would be greatly appreciated. I have studied and worked with the internals of the PAS before so I have an adequate understanding of them, and i can get pictures if anyone needs them.

#230888 The Soulreaper

Posted by Firefox551 on 17 May 2009 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

I second Bansee's request and question. I would be really interested in buying one of these, depending on the price of course.

#229124 Recapping Chano 2: Electric Boogaloo

Posted by Firefox551 on 08 May 2009 - 11:00 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe, depending on what the parents think. Man I wish I was driving age! I had better get on ordering that foam.

#227965 Valhalla

Posted by Firefox551 on 03 May 2009 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Shall there be a second. If so, I will try and make it.

#227960 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Firefox551 on 03 May 2009 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

Here's my newest stuff.
Posted Image
PAS and First Gen NF. My new primary and secondary for those of you who believe in that kind of thing. The PAS has a PVC coupler with a CPVC coupler nested inside, and the NF has a PVC nested 17/32 brass barrel.
Posted Image
BBB I did for a friend. CPVC coupler and filled dead space, nothing special here.

#226211 How To Attach A Bike Pump To A Titan Tank?

Posted by Firefox551 on 26 April 2009 - 03:50 PM in Modifications

So that piece fits onto the pump if I'm not mistaken. Is that going to work for all bike pumps?

#226198 How To Attach A Bike Pump To A Titan Tank?

Posted by Firefox551 on 26 April 2009 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

As stated in the title, I need to attach a bike pump to a titan air tank. I searched, but didn't find any detailed write ups or even internal pictures of the various mods that have been made involving bike pumps. From what I've seen, I will probably need to get a bike tire valve and attach it to the titan tank, unless there is a way to attach 1/4 size tubing directly to the bike pump. If anyone can help me with this dilema it would be much apreciated. I appologize if I missed something in my searching and/or am being a total dumbass.

#224736 Firefly Intergration

Posted by Firefox551 on 21 April 2009 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

BITCH, I was going to do this. Now I can never be the original creator. Nooooooooooo!

#222004 The Mauler

Posted by Firefox551 on 06 April 2009 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

I love this guy.
Good mod mate.

That makes two, your mods are awsome Dizzy. Keep it up.

Off topic: You should also make a new panda character to explain you writeups.

#220347 What's A Check Valve?

Posted by Firefox551 on 28 March 2009 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

Ok, thanks much you guys. Sorry if that was a really dumb question, but I do think I'm going to have to use one of these (you'll all see why soon.)

#220340 What's A Check Valve?

Posted by Firefox551 on 28 March 2009 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

I have seen check valves as part of the rigging for frankenstein guns, and I am planning to make one of my own as soon as I get the parts. So my question is, what does a check valve do, because it may be useful for me to know about these in the future of my modifying career. Sorry if I'm being a total noob with this question, but I will be greatful for all replies concerning this question.

#218002 My Homemade Battle Stop-sign

Posted by Firefox551 on 15 March 2009 - 12:23 AM in Off Topic

Holy acid pissing, potato crapping, heavymetal spewing ninja pig eating viking with a furry helmet cow thing! How sad would it be if you got tap killed with that in a night war :lol: .

#217949 F'ed Up Big Blast Pumps.

Posted by Firefox551 on 14 March 2009 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Ok guys, I tried the #13 O-ring, and it was still to small. But I DID find a solution. What you do is take a #15 O-ring and dremel out the inside untill it fits into the plunger tube without making that horrible sucking noise. I just did this and it even improved the pumps efficiency.

#217879 F'ed Up Big Blast Pumps.

Posted by Firefox551 on 13 March 2009 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Go return it and get another. Try it out in the parking lot of target to see if it works, return it if it doesn't, until you get a functioning big blast.

I did this at my local target, and ended up going through 5 of them before giving up. I think all new 4Bs have this problem.

You are correct my friend. All new ones have this problem, but if you put ONE thin strip of e-tape under the o ring it will still move like intended in the design while being able to build pressure. I've done this to a few and they all work fine.

I tried this, but after a few rounds of pumps the E-tape seems to compress, once again rendering the O-ring useless.

#217752 F'ed Up Big Blast Pumps.

Posted by Firefox551 on 12 March 2009 - 08:36 PM in Modifications

Ok, so here's the problem. I recently sold my friend a modded big blast that he commisioned me for, and he went and showed it to all the airsoft junkies in my school, and now someone else wants a big blast. I am hoping for more buisness in the future, so I really need to fix this problem. And the problem is ..... that the pumps on the previous two I have purchased have been faulty. It seems that the O-ring is not thick enough to make a good seal with the pump tube. I tried fixing one by putting E-tape under the o-ring in order to rase it, but that didn't work. I fixed another with an O-ring from an oldstyle big blast, but I don't have any more. So my question is, has anyone had this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it. If it comes down to this, which I hope it wont, I could just buy new O-rings for each big blast I buy, but I wouldn't know where to get those either. Advice will be most welcome, and will help to spread the spirit of nerf.

#216147 Ls Stock Barrel Removal Help.

Posted by Firefox551 on 03 March 2009 - 07:11 PM in Modifications

Alright I got it, all a matter of brute force it seems.

#216028 Ls Stock Barrel Removal Help.

Posted by Firefox551 on 02 March 2009 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I am currently in the procces of creating an angel breach, but the pin that attaches the stock barrel of the longshot to the bold slead seems to be glued, or otherwise lodged in there so tight that I can't budge it. I can also see some kind of resedue around the seams of the pin and the slead. Has anyone else had the problem, or am I screwed?

#213371 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Firefox551 on 18 February 2009 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

That is freaking briliant.

#208630 Increasing Magstrike Trigger Stroke?

Posted by Firefox551 on 01 February 2009 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

Alright, I think I have to use keyrings, but I will be tinkering and seeing if I can pull this off.

#208525 Increasing Magstrike Trigger Stroke?

Posted by Firefox551 on 01 February 2009 - 01:44 AM in Modifications

Ok, so I am currently working on a project that involves linking an AT2K tank to the the magstrikes trigger from the original position of the piston. I have it all planned out, except for the fact that the length of the trigger stroke needed to fully extend the firing pin on the AT2K tank is almost double that of the magstrikes firing stroke. Is there any way for me to increase the trigger stroke for the magstrike trigger, or am I going to have to resort to keyrings?

#208495 N-force Swords

Posted by Firefox551 on 01 February 2009 - 12:40 AM in General Nerf

The only reason I can think these would be more effective than PVC and insulation swords is that they can fit into a belt loop or something similar.

#207741 Plastic Fumes?

Posted by Firefox551 on 29 January 2009 - 08:50 PM in General Nerf

Oooops, guess I've been pushing a bit to hard on my dremel. I will be careful to avoid that in the future.

#207735 Plastic Fumes?

Posted by Firefox551 on 29 January 2009 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Ok, so I have had a dremel for a while and have been using a face mask to protect against harmful fumes, but my mother thinks that the fumes relased when dremeling plastic smell just awful (which they do) and is worried about the safety of the family. I just want to know if these fumes are harmful, and if so, just how harmful can they be. Yes I did search.

#207416 Double Marvelouse Salvo Tanks?

Posted by Firefox551 on 28 January 2009 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

Ok, awsome, I will be doing this and will probably post with results soon enough, along with the project this is going to be part of. ;)

#207398 Double Marvelouse Salvo Tanks?

Posted by Firefox551 on 28 January 2009 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Ok, so I just finished my first marvelouse salvo, and it was, well, marvelouse. But I also don't feel that it has enough ammo capcity for the size fo the shotgun spread I want. So my question is, would it be posable to use a barbed tubing tee to connect the existing tubing of the BS tanks to a secondary set of BS tanks. Input is greatly apreciated.

#206761 Marvelouse Salvo Help?

Posted by Firefox551 on 26 January 2009 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

I just did the water test. Turns out that it's leaking from all four of my connectors! :angry: So just how should I go about fixing these leaks, would epoxy work, I know they have that at my local ACE, but I don't know if they have silicone spray. To answer you question, I am using a plugged AT2K pump. Thanks in advance.

I encountered the same problem when I was working on an earlier project; the best way I've found to seal the tubing is to smear super glue (Loctite, that Krazy Glue brush-on stuff, or related adhesives) on the barbed connector and shove the tubing on top. It dries very quickly (a few minutes at most), it seals airtight, and if you cut the tubing right at the connector scissors will make short work of the glued-on tubing, which makes the process pretty reversible if you're not getting an airtight seal just by jamming the tubing on.

Do you thing this would work with hot glue? All I really seem to need is a very slight inlargement of tube size, and then it would be airtight. I think I may try this and see what happens, hot glue seems to be very easy to remove.

#206746 Marvelouse Salvo Help?

Posted by Firefox551 on 26 January 2009 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

I just did the water test. Turns out that it's leaking from all four of my connectors! :angry: So just how should I go about fixing these leaks, would epoxy work, I know they have that at my local ACE, but I don't know if they have silicone spray. To answer you question, I am using a plugged AT2K pump. Thanks in advance.

#206659 Marvelouse Salvo Help?

Posted by Firefox551 on 26 January 2009 - 06:51 PM in Modifications

I just finished my first marvelouse salvo a few hours ago, only to find that when I pump it the tanks don't get filled at all. The tubing is connected with 1/4 OD tubing couplers from Home Depot. I really don't know what in the heck is wrong with my set up, it looks exactly the same as the picture in the writeup in the mods directory.

#203865 Mg42 Longshot Help

Posted by Firefox551 on 16 January 2009 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

Put a Mav turret into it and make so that a breech is able to enter though the back of the turret

You just gave me and insane idea for how I'm going to use the leftover Tommy 20 turret from my latest project.

#203804 A Fun Vulcan Mod...

Posted by Firefox551 on 16 January 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

I will definately be doing this mod when I get enough extra cash for a vulcan.

#202139 Battle Of The Rednecks

Posted by Firefox551 on 09 January 2009 - 07:52 PM in Nerf Wars

If this time is part of my schools spring break, I usually visite my grandparents with my family. I may be able to make it, if this actually happens.

#201934 Halo 3 Skull Malfunctions?

Posted by Firefox551 on 08 January 2009 - 07:42 PM in Off Topic

Ok guys, I did get the skulls. To check just press X to on the campaign start screen. There are four skulls for which you don't get acheevements.

#201548 Halo 3 Skull Malfunctions?

Posted by Firefox551 on 06 January 2009 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Ok, so I am trying to collect all the skulls in Halo 3, but when I try to get the Blind and Grunt Birthday party skulls they don't seem to count them as a achevements. If this is supposed to happen I'm sorry, but if anyone could tell me whats going on that would be great.

#201137 Snowboard

Posted by Firefox551 on 04 January 2009 - 08:36 PM in Off Topic

Snowboards rule. No, videos as I have only been boarding about four times now. But I finally got my S-turns down :D . Yeah, I know, what a dope, right?

#199957 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Firefox551 on 31 December 2008 - 01:10 PM in Modifications

Well, here's what I've been working on of late.
Posted Image
Couplered NF's! Yay!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Thank your BS for creating the first of this fine breed of nerf gun. I now present my very own StormBringer.
Posted Image
Brassed DTG and SSPB
Posted Image
RSCBed BBBB. This thing is my baby.

#199259 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Firefox551 on 27 December 2008 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

I can't wait for the TV add!

#198759 Nerf Abbreviations

Posted by Firefox551 on 24 December 2008 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

TTIPAHABDB = This topic is pointless and has already been discussed before.

#198529 Newbie Prep

Posted by Firefox551 on 23 December 2008 - 10:25 PM in Nerf Wars

You could mod the longshot. Then you'll own.

I object. The good primaries have already been mentioned (BBB, LBB/BBBB, AT2K, etc.), but showing up with a longshot will get you outranged in no time. Unless you angel breech it, it will not be worth your time/money and from what I've heard, even an angel'd LS can be picky with stefans. Silentsnipe, you will not own with a LS (unless you are playing HvZ or you are the legendary messiah), trust me.

I agree with this, unless you decide to single it and smoosh it together with a titan like BlaskSunshine (as well as yours truely) did. Only then will you truly own. Oh, and if you do a RSCB clip mod to a BBBB then you will also own.