Foamfoot's Content

There have been 406 items by Foamfoot (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#284198 Is The Nerf Tactical Vest Worth The $30?

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 August 2010 - 01:32 PM in General Nerf

No.

#268243 Hitler Finds Out About The Nerf Longstrike And Deploy

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 March 2010 - 01:36 PM in Off Topic

That was great. Consider that I'm usually the prick that dislikes things that other people do like (read:emo).

Mad props.

#265965 Wierd....

Posted by Foamfoot on 18 February 2010 - 11:37 PM in Off Topic

Well, was it an online game? If it was, you might just be lagging.

#265088 Nerf Marauder Longsword Reinforcement

Posted by Foamfoot on 11 February 2010 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Oh I feel stupid, I ment 11 Feet. :D

These are magical swords.

#264383 Longstrike Cs-6 Revealed

Posted by Foamfoot on 04 February 2010 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

And yes, I realize that comment up there makes me seem like an idiot, but hey. To each his own.

If you wanted to keep it to your own self, why did you share it with us?

#264115 Weird Ass Recon Break

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 February 2010 - 03:37 AM in Off Topic

I gotta say, I actually love the over-acting in the video.

Yeah, I've never had one break, but I could definitely see how it could break right there.

#263612 Finding A Blaster For A Friend In A Power Chair.

Posted by Foamfoot on 28 January 2010 - 10:23 PM in General Nerf

What about an RF20 hooked up to an air compressor, or maybe a paintball CO2 tank hooked up to one?

#263412 Puget Sound Nerf War

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 January 2010 - 02:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, this sounds pretty cool. I need to get my parents permission, but so far sounds good.

#263411 Massacre 5

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 January 2010 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, I'd love to go, especially because it's near Scarborough (which I would assume has a year-round Simon and Garfunkel party).. but I don't think I can make it this time. It's just too far.

#263410 Reverse Plungers

Posted by Foamfoot on 27 January 2010 - 02:05 PM in General Nerf

How about we stop over-analyzing ourselves? We're just making fools of ourselves. Really, I haven't seen any big, long post that had a decent point to it in a while. Let's stop trying to decide which is better, or whatever. Host a war with east coast rules, and we can see how things turn out.

There have been SO many things that sound great on paper, but just suck in person. Let's test it out.

#262148 Deploy Cs-6 Sneak Peek

Posted by Foamfoot on 17 January 2010 - 12:54 PM in General Nerf

Oh my god... PLEASE don't do this again.

It looks like a damn nerf gun.

#261980 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 16 January 2010 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

It's from the movie predator, baby. Velvetta knew, as well as anyone here who has seen predator. Relax and look into jokes a little more thoroughly. Of course I don't think you're a bunch of faggots, and frankly, if anyone believes I was truly inferring that any of you are faggots, maybe I should have called you idiots. ba dn tss

yeah, killing floor has fire axes

Look, it's not like I didn't get you were kidding, it's just that a lot of people won't get it.

Anybody up for some BF2? (anyone even have the game?)

#261761 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 13 January 2010 - 11:45 PM in Off Topic

Anyone here play Killing Floor? or are all of you a bunch of slack jawed faggots who play Left 2 Dead?

Please, for the love of god, no. Do not start that stuff here unless you are obviously being tongue and cheek.

#261639 Skype Group Chat

Posted by Foamfoot on 12 January 2010 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

Foamfoot
Ben Dover
Call me Foam the fucking foot.

#261383 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 10 January 2010 - 02:24 PM in Off Topic

Alright guys, server is up, I'll be keeping it up till around 12 AM PST (unless I have to turn off my computer, but I don't see that happening). Game starts in about half an hour. Have fun.

#261309 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 09 January 2010 - 09:53 PM in Off Topic

Looks like whoever made the event is not around. For future reference, let's use the Steam Community Page that we have for shit like this. I'll be posting an announcement in there about how to create an event (and give useful info like server ip, etc).

For now, if you want to join our game, follow either myself or Homestarrunner in through the Steam Friends utility.

-Groove

Sorry guys, I was fiddling with my server, trying to get dedi on it... but it just doesn't work. I guess I had too high hopes for my old computer. I'll start up a game now, sorry for the delay.

EDIT: Looks like you guys beat me to it. I'm working with a friend on using his server tomorrow, so I can make this up to you guys. Here is his server profile, just to show I'm not a yanker.

EDIT part Deux: We've got a server up! 192.168.1.4:27015

#261165 Nerf Facebook Group

Posted by Foamfoot on 08 January 2010 - 08:04 AM in Off Topic

As interesting as this is, this really isn't a practical application for the Nerf Community. and while I respect this group's purpose for *fun*, I can't see any possible way this can expand the nerf audience or it's community.

Agreed. Really, we have nerfhaven as a social networking site. Trying to tack on a facebook group is like trying to... well... have two virus scans? That doesn't really fit, make up your own analogy.

There's kinda this idea that nerfhaven is not accessible to the general public. To anyone who thinks that, I highly suggest googling "nerf mods", we're the first result. Aside from that, I think I speak for a lot of members when I say that we genuinely do not care if we expand to millions of people (in fact, most would probably dislike it).

#261155 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 08 January 2010 - 02:14 AM in Off Topic

CSS weekend game update:

We will be playing on a standard server unless someone has a dedicated server that we could use.

#260984 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 January 2010 - 06:40 PM in Off Topic

Would anyone be interested in a big game of CSS this weekend? I'm trying to get a dedi server up on my old computer, but it's looking kinda iffy. If I can't, I'll just host a normal server and stay in it throughout the game.

Does 6 PM to 12 AM (PST) this Saturday sound good to anyone?

#260952 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 January 2010 - 04:04 PM in Off Topic

I saw that you were looking for a avatar for the Steam Group and I whipped this up after I got back this afternoon.

(picture)

Sorry about the boring black background, I got tired of trying to figure out how to change the background to transparent in GIMP. Enjoy.

I like this:

Posted Image

#260941 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 January 2010 - 02:58 PM in Off Topic

Hey, so, there is like this Nerfhaven group on steam. It seems like a good idea to me. It's run by Xtremejumpy, and it kinda needs some more members.

Steam linkage

EDIT: Xtreme, why do you have the individual boxes of TF2 and Portal? I didn't really think those were available. Did you fashion them yourself?

#260519 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 January 2010 - 05:37 PM in Off Topic

If anyone wants a trial of Shattered Horizon, tell me. It came with three, and none of my friends can run it.

Seriously, though. If your PC can run crysis on full, then it will run this on med-high settings. If your computer can run crysis on low-mid then it MIGHT run this on the very minimum. I'm only going to give you the trial if you can run it.

Those requirements seem pretty standard now. I don't know a PC gamer who doesn't meet that.
I'll take a copy. Sounds cool enough.

Oh, if people want to post PC specs here too, they can do that. Why not make this an all around PC gaming thread?

Add me, then tell me that you want it. First come, first serve.

#260444 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 January 2010 - 02:41 AM in Off Topic

If anyone wants a trial of Shattered Horizon, tell me. It came with three, and none of my friends can run it.

Seriously, though. If your PC can run crysis on full, then it will run this on med-high settings. If your computer can run crysis on low-mid then it MIGHT run this on the very minimum. I'm only going to give you the trial if you can run it.

#259865 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 December 2009 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

Almost got Fallout 3 for $37 but its too good for my computer to run...

Really? Even on ultra-low settings? Have you tried overclocking your shit?

#259863 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 December 2009 - 10:44 PM in Off Topic

Anyone pick up anything cool in the holiday sale?

#259790 Merry Christmas And Happy Holidays!

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 December 2009 - 12:10 AM in Off Topic

http://nerfhaven.com...ndpost&p=198796

Why not?

That poem still retains it's hilarious genius. Oscar Wilde pales in comparison to this blatant vulgarity and... well, you know, that's pretty much the entire poem. Still, great sense of humor. You know what? This beats the catcher in the rye! This shit is fucking genius satire! A ha ha and a ho ho to you my friend, I have been slayed.

I partied with myself. Then, I got money. Good deal.

#259572 Cyanide & Happiness

Posted by Foamfoot on 22 December 2009 - 01:04 PM in Off Topic

I really don't think that anyone who hasn't read the comic frequently is going to get the joke.

I think anyone with a brain that knows how to read will be able to get the joke. He is asked if he is the purple shirted eye stabber, he says no, but ends up stabbing the guy's eye out.
What is there to not get.

You didn't get the joke.

#259535 Cyanide & Happiness

Posted by Foamfoot on 21 December 2009 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

I really don't think that anyone who hasn't read the comic frequently is going to get the joke.

#259416 Funny Video

Posted by Foamfoot on 20 December 2009 - 11:59 AM in General Nerf

He tries....a lot. Most of his videos are funny. Must watch.

Why do you care? It's a bad video on youtube. They're like rainclouds in seattle, or dicks in your mouth.

There are a lot of them.

#259035 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Foamfoot on 15 December 2009 - 12:23 AM in Off Topic

Steam ID: Foamfoot
Games Owned: Far Cry 2, Counter Strike:Source, Gmod, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch.

At least hit me a PM if you're going to add me, I kinda need a heads-up.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I tend to play blockland with steam overlay and such running.

#258958 Happy Hannukkah!

Posted by Foamfoot on 14 December 2009 - 11:34 AM in Off Topic

Got $70 cash $15 to target and believe it or not $50 to...................... Fucking Macy's!

get yourself a nice comforter.

Well, being 1/16 jewish, I made a menorah on Gmod. Happy holidays... I wish I had a picture of it.

#258136 Need A Volunteer For The Mod Directory

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 December 2009 - 01:27 AM in News

I vote for myself to become a moderator.

I'll pay you 5 dollars over paypal to withdraw that.

#257502 A Declaration To My Fellow Nerfers

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2009 - 03:35 AM in Articles

Fuck extrospectives.

People run and jump around and do this shit because it's human nature for structures to collapse. Hell, this is pretty much relating to Neitzsche's "Beyond Good and Evil". We're just being pricks to discharge our strength.

Look, the community is the way it is because of two kinds of people: people who over-analyze the deterioration of the communities past structures (I'd probably be put into this), and people who just want to be awesome.

Writing out a big analyzation like this is just going to fuel the "Awesomeness" garbage. People will keep worshiping the admins, praise them as the damn voice of truth, and conflict and shit will arise, keeping the community on the forum, not online.

All you're seeing is just what happens when a ton of people get together. Things change, we become some sort of a hive mind, and we all start analyzing ourselves, and ranking each other in some Cocker Spaniel pecking war.

And, the thing is, I, and everyone else, are at fault here. Nobody plays games anymore. We analyze shit, and in addition to that, we try and best each other as any human would do. When we best eachother, we create a very sturdy cardboard box fort, but, it's going to eventually hit the cieling, we won't be able to build anymore box fort, and life will suck because mom is pissed at us for breaking the chandelier with the boxes.

#257501 Join The Legacy!

Posted by Foamfoot on 29 November 2009 - 03:14 AM in Off Topic

It should be noted that whoever is spamming the hell out of the chat is NOT safe for work.

#256326 (not) Official Swine Flu Thread!

Posted by Foamfoot on 15 November 2009 - 02:16 AM in Off Topic

I have it... Never really heard of anyone hallucinating with it. I'm hallucinating just as much as I normally do.

#255476 Happy Birthday Forsaken_angel24!

Posted by Foamfoot on 06 November 2009 - 12:37 AM in Off Topic

Look, happy birthday and all, but, these threads are pretty annoying, I gotta say.

#254665 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by Foamfoot on 26 October 2009 - 11:59 PM in Off Topic

Oops... didn't notice JSB beat me to it.

#252436 General Nerf

Posted by Foamfoot on 03 October 2009 - 02:31 AM in Site Feedback

I have a better suggestion. How about a question section? It will make looking for modifications and other stuff a lot easier. Just throwing a suggestion out there.

You need to get your brain checked. Your filter for saying stupid shit is clearly broken. When will you kids realize nothing is going to change. Stop making dumb suggestions.

God forbid someone tries to help improve the forum.

Lol.

I actually agree. Some change around here really wouldn't hurt this place. It's interface is still up to par with most forums (possibly a little dated, but nothing too significant, and the simplicity is nice). But in the way of topics and forum structure, we aren't keeping up with current needs, and the forum is not nearly as efficient as it could be.

#252368 How Much Is The Larami Supermaxx 5000 Worth?

Posted by Foamfoot on 02 October 2009 - 08:58 AM in Off Topic

I see em' go for about $80-$100USD. I'm not sure though. The nerf market changes. I think they have a blanket ban at large wars, so the price may have gone down. Rarity may have increased, causing value to go up.

Just post a wts or wtb thread. People are pretty honest on here, and you're likely to get a fair deal.

#252343 Spy Gear Blaster Trap

Posted by Foamfoot on 01 October 2009 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

I totally would put this on my back and just engage it as I'm being chased/rushed.

It would be just as effective to hold a bag of foam balls, and huck the open bag at people chasing you.