death by cheez's Content

There have been 630 items by death by cheez (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#321965 Howdy

Posted by death by cheez on 24 September 2012 - 09:00 PM in Off Topic

This is probably the wrong section, but hey.This site has definitely changed since I was last here... Really glad to see the Nerf community is still going strong! I think it's been since the release of the raider that I've left. Got sucked into airsoft with the rest of my youth group, and my $400 gun now keeps me into it. Yep, I went to the dark side. My old guns (well, I guess now it's just singular gun) is still in use though, my 4B is used as a method to kill spiders that are in inaccessible places like behind my dresser, hooray 10" PETG barrel and longshot darts. Sheesh, I can;t even remember their names! Anywho, again I am glad you guys are still kicking!

Love you too, OMC, Since I seem to recall being banned at your hands a couple of times, hahaha. Oh, the nostalgia.

Sorry for the bandwidth I just used, I just wanted to drop in and see how things were going, since this was my only nerf account still active, Foam Universe deleted me <_<

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

#295164 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by death by cheez on 27 February 2011 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

Steam ID: acer34p3r/nolankondek

One of the 2 will work, I've got L4D2 and Serious Sam HD: TFE

#291635 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by death by cheez on 27 December 2010 - 12:24 PM in Off Topic

acer34p3r/nolankondek

Steam of course, and all I have is l4d2 and supreme commander 2.

#287466 Countdown To Death

Posted by death by cheez on 24 October 2010 - 09:03 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

#287358 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by death by cheez on 22 October 2010 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

If anyone wants a pretty fun, cheap Zombie-esque game that's akin to Nazi Zombies, look up Nuclear Wasteland 2030 in the Indie Games section of the market place. It's only $1 and it's really quite fun for what it is.

#286268 Indiana Nerf War

Posted by death by cheez on 29 September 2010 - 08:16 PM in Nerf Wars

:) Dangit, you planned this war literally 20 minutes from me+ our group, but we've got a CTF game for our church for that exact time! GAH!!!!!!!

#285717 Insane Bna

Posted by death by cheez on 19 September 2010 - 08:55 AM in Homemades

There should be a link in the first line of his post.

#285704 Insane Bna

Posted by death by cheez on 18 September 2010 - 08:01 PM in Homemades

You might be able to hit someone with that at 180 feet.... with 1 out of 100 shots. Effective range is usually the range it's accurate in.

#285689 Insane Bna

Posted by death by cheez on 18 September 2010 - 04:45 PM in Homemades

Dude, it's a bow. Meant for Killing things. And you made it do what? Fire a "safe" foam projectile at someone? Not the brightest move man, that could actually cause some major harm dude. For example, a freak string snapping occurance could easily damage you, and firing it at someone's chest could injure their eyes, given the innacuracy of a nerf dart. Try it on some of the nerf glasses bro, and see what kind of harm it'll do to the glasses.

#285643 Insane Bna

Posted by death by cheez on 18 September 2010 - 06:42 AM in Homemades

You should eh... get those pictures up in the next 24 hours or I'm gonna call bullshit. Besides, real bows can be quite dangerous dude.

#283353 Super Happy Awesome Day!1!

Posted by death by cheez on 17 August 2010 - 03:11 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday you booze drinking, nerf loving mother fucker! And may many women throw them selves at you today!

#283190 Putting The Fury Fire Back Together (easy Questions)

Posted by death by cheez on 15 August 2010 - 07:48 AM in Modifications

You mean the rings that had the pegs on them, that the AR's stuck out of? If those are the right rings, then it would work as well as a... well, it wouldn't work very well, the rings are usually used to create the seal between the area where the air flows in and the barrel, which means without the sealing ring, you'd get pretty bad ranges, because the airflow would be directed at the dart, but a lot of the air would just escape around the sides.

#283189 Electric Scooter Help

Posted by death by cheez on 15 August 2010 - 07:34 AM in Off Topic

Is it illegal to try and point out that bikes can be useful?

Are you using a 2 stroke or a 4 stroke chainsaw? The 2 stroke can provide a bit more power, but it usually doesn't have a cooling mechanism in it, though a 4 stroke does. There also may be some work involved to get a proper system for the belt on.

#283139 Electric Scooter Help

Posted by death by cheez on 14 August 2010 - 04:37 PM in Off Topic

Bikes are quite useful my good sir, they don't take much energy (unless the journey is uphill). I use mine to get to church which is 5 miles away, and it only takes me roughly a half hour, which equals out to about 10 MPH, not much less than the scooter. That, and you don't need to charge it.

#283110 Thread "locked" Wothout Explaination.

Posted by death by cheez on 14 August 2010 - 08:47 AM in Site Feedback

That's fairly weird that your 46 and have a $10,000 collection of hot wheels, and know it's exact value, but to each his own.... And dude, how many people do you think ACTUALLY returned the recons? in most walmarts the recalled item papers are in the back by the lay away desk, with the random walmarts having them on the front doors. There's still thousands out there, so mod away for your snub pistol, it's not like you'll never find another one. And the first gen is stronger for a reason: The plastic was made a bit thicker, and since there was that unnaturally large armed bar, it spread the force of the plunger going forward to more material, allowing less pressure to hit the back and weaken the plastic as quickly as the current generations.

Also, DUH! How the hell a kid would know the value of recalled recons is beyond the realms of a 16 year old honors student, because most kids see a Nerf gun like the recon, say OOOH! The tacticoolness of it all! They see the $20 price tag, buy it, then think nothing of it. I doubt that even most adults would recognize its worth, since recons are a crappy gun as far as modding potential. The only factor I see that would help you on this one would be the plunger tube if you resell it, since looking at the one from my 2nd gen, it's got the added mass at the back, meaning it'll break slower unless you drop it.

#283079 Thread "locked" Wothout Explaination.

Posted by death by cheez on 13 August 2010 - 08:08 PM in Site Feedback

I really dont understand why certain individuals find it necessary to insult others on this forum.

I asked the question because I know of other items (non Nerf) that were recalled or made incorrectly that instantly became collectors items just because they were wrong. Examples, certain US coins, certain Hot Wheels.

Speaking of Hot Wheels, I know this because I owned one that was designed a certain way, the designer didnt like it and changed it. He thought none of them got produced but they did, I bought it for $1.00 and it was worth $200.00 when I sold it.

Anything can become a collectors item.

I was just asking a question. I did not expect to get insulted or be disrespected. I find it interesting that this forum seems to be the only one that has this trend.

Nice triple fail. Also, what I bolded is a pretty good explanation that goes against your post earlier, because the recalled stuff that's worth more now is NON NERF. Nerf guns are widely available, why would someone want a recalled one that could harm you (only if your an idiot) when you could just get a newer version that won't harm you?

#283073 Thread "locked" Wothout Explaination.

Posted by death by cheez on 13 August 2010 - 06:53 PM in Site Feedback

Cire, you are a complete idiot. If it gets closed, it's closed for a reason, mainly because the poster is an idiot or it got out of hand.

#281333 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by death by cheez on 26 July 2010 - 11:54 PM in General Nerf

My giggidy giggidy goo meter just went BLAM! Considering its PT size, this should do more than enough with a simple AR removal for an indoor war!

#281295 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by death by cheez on 26 July 2010 - 03:57 PM in General Nerf

Or you can use shotty stefans, they're usually about 1/4 inch long, and you can fit a ton down a barrel, especially if it's an airgun, which means lots of death for the zeds. Also, they're fun to load in a magstrike as a last-ditch attempt.... seeing 30 darts fly at you is hilarious.

#281131 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by death by cheez on 24 July 2010 - 09:17 AM in General Nerf

This looks really good, especially if some genius in the nerf community were to be able to machine some metal gear for this puppy, that way it wouldn't strip the gears on a jam, much like the plastic gear of an airsoft gearbox do. The new lookign plunger tube design looks cool, and it doesn't appear to be a reverse plunger, which greatly helps us. However, if I get one I'm gonna wait to remove the air restrictors until after a few others have successfully done so, for fear of destroying it like I did my vulcan.

#281039 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by death by cheez on 23 July 2010 - 10:56 AM in General Nerf

Melee can also be a great ranged weapon, just carry 2 of the small swords, and should need arise, throw one at a zombie and pull out the other. Though I really wish nerf would make a spear....

#281037 Rr

Posted by death by cheez on 23 July 2010 - 10:53 AM in Homemades

I've used a 3 foot barrel on a 4b before, it made the dart go through cardboard, unlike the 1 foot barrel did. It was just absurdly ridiculous to carry around un-reinforced.

#281010 Rr

Posted by death by cheez on 22 July 2010 - 10:58 PM in Homemades

Pretty cool, but I believe that classifies as total over kill.

#280974 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by death by cheez on 22 July 2010 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

^Win

Keep some extremely tiny pistol in your backpack or trapper. or even your pocket.

#280959 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by death by cheez on 22 July 2010 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

I can not express my disappointment in you. Yes, I use airsoft, but for HvZ where the zombies must use melee attacks? Hell no! Even modded to shoot darts? No! That's just plain stupid! That's just plain stupid, and looking at a lot of airsoft internals, the PT's aren't large enough to propel a dart very far, unless it's an uberly high powered rifle meant for picking people off at huge distances. For example, my m16 could propel a dart MAYBE 20 feet, since it's designed for very tiny projectiles, therefore it's only meant to make that very tiny projectile go the allotted distance.Seriously, most airsoft gun plunger tubes are maybe the size of a maverick or DTB tube.

#280957 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 22 July 2010 - 12:34 PM in General Nerf

# DPCI: 087-11-0119
# ASIN: B003774W6Q
# Catalog #: 12255758 (thanks to Wes7143 for this information)

Go get it early guys, those are the Target numbers for it. Use the DPCI number. I'd get it myself, but I need the money for a church camp I'm attending.

#280920 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 21 July 2010 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

I can trust the local target to put them out a few weeks early, they've done so with every new blaster for the past 2 years.

#280846 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 20 July 2010 - 09:57 PM in General Nerf

Stick them on ebay, you might find a moron willing to buy them! Besides, NIB mint is better then no box POS, eh?

#280829 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 20 July 2010 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

Just keep one in the box for about 10 years, then sell it as such: a novelty. Might as well make a few bucks if you can, eh?

#280744 Stampede: Leaked

Posted by death by cheez on 19 July 2010 - 10:06 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

#280530 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by death by cheez on 17 July 2010 - 08:49 PM in Off Topic

Hey, that's who you are! Didn't realize you were from the haven, bro.

l4D2 anybody? I need to build a new team, my old one never has a slot open anymore.

#280497 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 17 July 2010 - 12:19 PM in General Nerf

Shoot, since we nerf inside of a church and occasionally on its playground, this will be a beast!

#280450 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Giggidty giggidty goo! Alright! Still looks worthy enough to buy, though the 6 d batteries are gonna run pretty expensive....

#280444 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 07:13 PM in General Nerf

I think that they meant is it possible to use without batteries, like the vulcan.

#280434 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

Hmm.... if you just cut down a small chunk of the shield it should fit on any gun.... vulcan emplacement bunker anyone?

Though I don't quite think the dagger will be useless, I enjoy throing my swords at oncoming zeds, so why not throw the lighter, nicer dagger instead?

Also, thanks Talio for the info and linkage. :)

#280417 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

I have another question for you, Talio, if you would be so kind as to inquire about it as well: Can the shield fit on to most any rail?

#280414 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 02:00 PM in General Nerf

Hey Talio, is the stock collapsible? Or set in one spot?

#280390 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 12:19 PM in General Nerf

I can see plenty of reasons dude! Tactical rail shield, grip-pod, clip, rifle itself, and the sheer badassery of it!

#280387 Stampede Official Nerf Demo Coverage

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 12:06 PM in General Nerf

That. Is. So. Fucking. BAD ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#280375 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by death by cheez on 16 July 2010 - 09:26 AM in General Nerf

Oh shit, sorry, I was seriously messed up yesterday :D Changed to the more appropriate excellent.

EDIT: After seeing the stampede, use that, it's fucking BA!