G1shark's Content

There have been 3 items by G1shark (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#132148 Possible War At University Of Maryland

Posted by G1shark on 12 December 2007 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

I've been yearning for a nerf game (been trying to get one established here) I use to be the president of the frederick community college's nerf club. I'd love to go, I can bring afew friends with me, aswell as some 6 foot long flags with bases along with some of our roles if your interested in that aswell? I know 4 people right off the top of my head not including myself that can attend with possiblitys of more.

Yeah! That would save me the trouble of tracking down ours! roles? what do you mean?

IMPORTANT UPDATE:If you are under 18, please provide a signed slip from a parent/guardian acknowledging that there are some small dangers to playing nerf, and that you should be wearing eye protection. I can't let you play if you don't have this. Everyone over 18, I'll have some waivers on hand, just so the university is kosher with it. Due to the cold, we will likely be playing inside, in some of the amazing places on campus. This isn't your standard indoors, either, there will be atriums with nice cover that are up to 60 feet across, 50x50 ft elevators, other crazy things.=. This will be amazing. We will have several different types of games, I recommend you bring a bandanna if you have one available, as well as any dart tag vests, eye protection you may have. Bring a small snack and fluids, but we may eat out afterwards.

In addition some of our members use melee weapons. If you wish to get a SAFE one (ALL must be certified before use) the Buzzbee swords at KB for about 5-6 bucks are always legit. If you want to make your own, contact me.

sorry about that, ment to say Rules.

btw im sorry I never got to go to one of your zombie games, they look truely amazing and I've wanted to bring my team down for the event, but I never knew where it was being held until now.

All will be over 18 that come with me.

Other notable differences in our ruleset (off the top of my head):

Melee weapons can be used to deflect incomming darts as well as score kills.

There is no "tapping." You must fire the shot to score a kill.

Stefans are not allowed to be used in certain blasters, like modded Airtech 3k's or LBB's.

we typically use to have it so only 13/14 inch darcon foam blades (almost like dagger or combat knives) are allowed for melee weapons, All had to be tested by president/hosts to make sure they could be admitted.

I'm use to not using custom guns, mostly due to one of the people we had modding our guns, would go a tad overboard on the mods.

I also made a rule that only arrow/balls ammo couldnt be blocked by gun or melee weapon. (explosive shot kinda acted the same as a armor peircing shot)

For the flag games, If you get shot you have to touch the enemy's base then touch your own to "spawn" back into the game. The game would go on until the flag had been captured, if the flag was captured by another team at the same time you had captured there flag, then you would attempt to retreive your flag and the frist team to do so would win, but it rarely came to that.

Afew other rules where no pistol whipping

Trying not to aim for the head

no throwing the flag after you got shot, you just drop it where you where killed.

I soppose my rules are alittle different than yours, but it will be good to meet another club and see there way of doing things :D

#132096 Possible War At University Of Maryland

Posted by G1shark on 11 December 2007 - 07:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I've been yearning for a nerf game (been trying to get one established here) I use to be the president of the frederick community college's nerf club. I'd love to go, I can bring afew friends with me, aswell as some 6 foot long flags with bases along with some of our roles if your interested in that aswell? I know 4 people right off the top of my head not including myself that can attend with possiblitys of more.

#87368 Homemade Ls Clip

Posted by G1shark on 14 August 2006 - 08:30 AM in Modifications

The hard part would be those hook things on top that go around the barrel. But my bet is that when hasbro starts selling the streamline ammo they might just sell clips with it, or atleast I hope so. :(

Likely It will be sold as part of the repair menu on hasbro. Hell they have the nightfinder bottom peice for the batterys. Just give it afew months. Or buy afew longstrikes and use the clips from them.