Event Horizon's Content

There have been 8 items by Event Horizon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#70631 Please Read: Spherical Ammo.

Posted by Event Horizon on 08 January 2006 - 12:03 PM in General Nerf

I think the premise behind ordering them though is that it wouldn't be as labour intensive as making stefans, or tape covered BB's for that matter.

#70603 Please Read: Spherical Ammo.

Posted by Event Horizon on 07 January 2006 - 09:35 PM in General Nerf

Personally, I'm pretty interested in rifling a barrel for some ball-type ammo to stabilize shots, and just for the sake of nerf modding.

This guy does rifled barrels for spud guns, most of the barrels are fairly large though. The smallest size is 1.5", i don't know if that helps.

Here's the url, not sure how to get the tags to work, sorry: http://www.spudtech.com/default.asp

Edit: ok, it sort of worked.

#64694 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Event Horizon on 30 September 2005 - 07:46 PM in Off Topic

I'm just kind of curious. What exactley is crew?

Edit: I'm no longer king of curious.

#64417 Winter Vs Nerf Guns

Posted by Event Horizon on 26 September 2005 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

Lets also talk about FBR and how it acts in the winter. Does it become so brittle and dried out or does it become stronger. Will they shrink to the point where the barrell to dart fit is now off? Do they hurt more when shot out of a high powered gun?

I'm not sure if they get brittle or shrink of anything like that. But one thing I do know is that something like a steffan from a high powered gun will hurt. If you're used to -20 temperatures you know that anything hitting cold skin stings like hell. Well, I guess that answers one part of your question.

#64298 Winter Vs Nerf Guns

Posted by Event Horizon on 25 September 2005 - 08:26 AM in General Nerf

I've never done it, but i would think it depends on the temperature and how long you nerf for. If it's only slightly below zero (celcius) then i think you could nerf for a little while. If it gets much colder I think you would have problems with plastic parts cracking from the combination of cold and how much stress is put on them. So unless you can find some way of heating your guns you can't nerf outside in winter without causing serious damage to your guns. Although, snow forts and nerf guns would be a pretty sweet combination.

#64249 Limewire

Posted by Event Horizon on 24 September 2005 - 09:15 AM in Off Topic

Adding to what Hunter said. In Canada it is legal to download music, but illegal to upload it (or at least that's what I heard). So what I do is disable sharing and remove the music from the limewire file on my computer, that way, nothing from my computer gets sent to someone else's.

#64017 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by Event Horizon on 20 September 2005 - 06:38 PM in Off Topic

Rugby; prop
Cross country running
Downhill skiing
and occasionally I bike

I'm also considering starting cross country skiing this winter.

And I'm hoping to get into whitewater canoeing sometime soon.

#63983 Brass Barrels In Cock Guns

Posted by Event Horizon on 19 September 2005 - 09:26 PM in Modifications

I'm new to modding nerf guns and was wondering what the best barrel material for something like a NF would be. One of the most common one's i've seen on the site use brass barrels, yet in Cx's Modding 401 in the Articles section says that brass isn't as god for cock guns.

Avoid using this combination in most spring guns since the dart will be gone before any significant amount of pressure could develop.

So, could someone please tell me what would be best for someone who is new to modding?

- Horizon