JT Nerf Girl's Content

There have been 130 items by JT Nerf Girl (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#45796 This Is How You Suck

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 09 January 2005 - 10:40 PM in Off Topic

What do you mean "minimal talent like LP"? You like Nickelback, but you think Linkin Park has minimal talent? Just because their music isn't the best doesn't mean they aren't talented. You see, they write NEW MUSIC for EVERY SINGLE SONG THEY MAKE, unlike minimal talent bands like Nickelback. Nickelback doesn't have enough talent to write new music, no they just think of new words and put it with the same music as their old crap. Have you ever heard LP play live? They sound completely awesome. It's almost unreal how they sound so perfect! Have you ever heard Nickelback play live? It sounds like the guitarist is just strumming the same chord over and over again (and he probably is). Minimal talent band? That's Nickelback for ya', not Linkin Park.

Woah boy... If you listen to Nickleback enough and actually play any instrument you'd be able to tell the difference in those two songs. They sound similar but they are not the same. Most of this type of music uses 'power cords' which means that it is mostly similar. Trust me, the music for Someday and How You Remind me are not the same. For one, miminal talent in my opinion is singing. LP doesn't sing (well what I consider singing) and Nickleback does for the most part. I never said I didn't like LP. I do actually like most of their stuff. And I never once said anything like "OMFG Nickleback is like only the best band EVER!" cause they're not. I just said I like them. I also like Green Day, Blink-183, GC, Creed, Alter Bridge, Big & Rich, Usher, and I'm sure I could waste more time by listening ever single artists that I've liked. Minimal talent means that they're not the greatest thing on earth, this coming from a musican. No, I can't play anywhere near what LP *or* Nickleback can, but that's because I've only been playing guitar for about a year. But I have played some instrument since 5th grade, so I know my music pretty well.

#45792 Music Genres

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 09 January 2005 - 10:25 PM in Off Topic

It's not that they are stupid, it's that there are too damn many sub-genres... it just makes it too hard to categorize because of how many there are. Sometimes it helps, though... let's you know what kind of music things are before you get it and such.

Excatly! I was trying to organize all the music I have on my computer and I had no idea where anything went. I just put it where I thought it went and left it at that. It really doesn't matter if you think about it because as long as you like it, who cares if it's considered "Gothic Rock" or "Pop"?

#45790 This Is How You Suck

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 09 January 2005 - 10:10 PM in Off Topic

you name a band and I probably have something from them on my computer.  Unless it's rare or really unheard of.

Blink 182. I'm talking pre-Enema Of The State.

Does pre-Enema doesn't count that album does it? I've got 'All The Small Things' and 'What's My Age Agian' along with the entire Take Off Your Pants and Jacket album and the self-titled album (it's 2003 I believe). I have empty folders on my computer where I was going to download Budda and the rest of their albums, but haven't had time yet. Try something else.

Reading if fundimental, motherfucker!

I read a lot, mostly Sci-Fi/Fantasy stuff though...

All of ya'll keep talking about CDs and stuff, see I haven't bought myself a CD in oh... at least three years or so. I refuse to pay for my music. Like someone here said that all the old classical people didn't make hardly anything and now people with minimal talent like LP make enough to just give away 100,000 dollars. Yeah that's great that they did that and all, but having enough money is crazy! That's like the new movie War of the Worlds that's coming out, part of it was filmed in my area and Tom Crusie gave some girl a large amout of money. It was at our DQ, ya know how they'll set the jars out to collect money for people who can't pay medical bills and stuff? He just donated all this money to that. I can't even imagin! Stuff like that makes me mad and that's why I refuse to pay for my music anymore... got a bit off-topic but oh well.

#45584 This Is How You Suck

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 06 January 2005 - 10:01 PM in Off Topic

I have to admit, I am a Nickleback fan.  I think it's funny that they match up, but I think it's cool how they fit together like that too.  And if you listen to most rock/punk rock type stuff, it's all mostly the same anyways.  That's how it is with most any type of music.

EDIT:  Why do ya'll not like them so much?

CROIKEY!

It's the wild teenybobber, in her natural environment.

Let's not do anything to piss her off, eh?

...oh, shit.

Hey, I am not a teenybopper... anymore at least. Yes... I have just about every Backstreet Boys and Nyncs CD there is, but I was 15 when they came out, give me a break. I don't hardly listen to them anymore, only if I'm dreadfully bored. I do listen to a bit of everything, you name a band and I probably have something from them on my computer. Unless it's rare or really unheard of.

#45523 This Is How You Suck

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 05 January 2005 - 11:10 PM in Off Topic

I have to admit, I am a Nickleback fan. I think it's funny that they match up, but I think it's cool how they fit together like that too. And if you listen to most rock/punk rock type stuff, it's all mostly the same anyways. That's how it is with most any type of music.

EDIT: Why do ya'll not like them so much?

#45180 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 30 December 2004 - 10:19 PM in Off Topic

Silver is, I think, the best metal conductor, but I'm not totally sure so don't hold me to it.  I know it's not gold because it's too soft.

not to go crazy on correcting people.. but how soft a metal is has nothing to do with conductivity. In fact, gold is a great conductor, hence its use in lots of electric connections, especially audio connectors.

For xmas i got a crybaby 535Q and 13 Songs

Yeah I know it's a good conductor, but since it's so soft, if you put a lot of electricty through it, it will melt.

#45105 Whats Your Favorite Line Of Nerf Guns?

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 29 December 2004 - 07:55 PM in General Nerf

My LnL is my baby.

#45081 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 29 December 2004 - 03:28 PM in Off Topic

Interesting... I'd never heard of it. Doubt I'd like it, not much on nuts and stuff... so

#45080 Stupid Question...

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 29 December 2004 - 03:26 PM in General Nerf

I know how far it is because it's in a town that's about 60 some miles away. I've been there before but not in a very long time.

#45078 Check This Out.

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 29 December 2004 - 03:24 PM in General Nerf

The Mavrick? Is that the BF looking one that goes with the Titan and the Scout? Or something totally different?

#45058 Stupid Question...

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 29 December 2004 - 12:17 PM in General Nerf

I am not trying to sound snippy, but they do have a TV ad for the gun.

I never said they didn't. I just said they don't have ads on the stations *I* watch. I haven't seen a Nerf ad on TV in months.

And anyways, these are the set of guns that were getting ready to come out about the time I stopped posting last. I think I've actually seen some at Wal-Mart.

#45057 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 29 December 2004 - 12:13 PM in Off Topic

two huge containers of Nutella

What's that? Might be a stupid question...

I also remember reading that diamonds, with their good conductivity and extremely high melting points, would be good for computer chips.

Yeah, but think how expesive that would be. Also, that's why they diamond coat saw blades and use it in some kinds of big industrial cutting stuff and all that.

Silver is, I think, the best metal conductor, but I'm not totally sure so don't hold me to it. I know it's not gold because it's too soft.

#45041 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 28 December 2004 - 11:38 PM in Off Topic

If it was me, I would be more satisfied with something I could use.  I would enjoy a trip to some exotic place way more than a tiny rock.

I agree about the trip. I'd rather have that than any kind of jewlery. Or something useful... or just save it until a time we'll need it. Course, I am probably one of the only and few girls who wants to get married in blue jeans. I'd rather be comfy.

a george bush punching bag(which me and my friend broke after we abused it much more than the manufacturers intended)

I so want one of those Bush things. I'd probably kill it in five minutes though...

#45018 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 28 December 2004 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

I don't think Diamonds have anything to do with love at all, it's just stone. When I was little I used to collect gems of all sorts and everything and I still have all of them. I have plently of stones. I think I even have a small diamond I got somewhere. The only jewelery I wear is my class ring (saphire stone) on my left ring finger (you can tell what that says about me) and a watch on occasions. I don't really like expesive stuff, probably because I'm too cheap to buy it myself.

#45017 Stupid Question...

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 28 December 2004 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

Well she did say stupid question, but come on they have tv ads and thing is in the inserts for the paper or you could have just searched TRU and found it.

Obviously they don't have ads on the TV stations I watch and the closest TRU is over 60 miles away.

And sorry, but I thought some people would be nice enough to just answer a simple question, but obviously not.

#44973 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 27 December 2004 - 11:55 PM in Off Topic

Heh I was thinking the same thing... :D

#44972 Stupid Question...

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 27 December 2004 - 11:52 PM in General Nerf

I've heard people talking about a titan and a scout gun... can anyone tell me what this are? Pictures would help.

#44969 Where Da Old Bastards At?

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 27 December 2004 - 11:34 PM in Off Topic

anybody over 13?

I'm over 13. I'm in fact 17, and will be 18 in one month and 29 days.

#44967 Merry Christmas

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 27 December 2004 - 11:24 PM in Off Topic

and most importantly a NIB crossbow... thats what I'm talking about!  Im pretty excited about that last one as you guys can tell.

That's like... five of you that's gotten NIB crossbows? Where the hell are they coming from?!

Has anyone else received a relatively lame present like that?

I got an umbrella for Christmas... But I kinda needed one that isn't dying and it's purple.

Diamonds are a girls best friend after all.

Ugh. Don't get me started on diamonds.

I care like diamonds... I don't really like jewerly... I like watches though... I got a 12 piece watch set for Christmas....

And what's your problem with diamonds?

I'm a girl and diamonds aren't my best friend!

#44563 College!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 22 December 2004 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

I hate to do this, but look at the topic, College, the higher level of learning.

accepted, not excepted.

I'd hate to have you for a teacher. I read her post and I didn't even notice anything. Give the guy a break too, I can't spell either. Being able to spell has nothing to do with 'higher learning.' That's an easy mistake to make, I'm sure I've done it quite a few times. And just because you're some kind of braniac doesn't mean you have to point out someone's faults.

Oh... and seeing as this is about 'higher learning', usually there's this thing you're supposed to have learned hopefully before you get into college... courtiesy. Course you're to much of smart ass to believe in chivalry.

And physics could not possibly be interesting... I may be going into engineering, but I'm staying as far away from anything with physics as possible. It's all theory, and that doesn't work with me.

#44283 College!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 18 December 2004 - 05:22 PM in Off Topic

so I don't need to tell you to not make art your major. That is, unless, you like getting sodomized by loads of work and putting up with quirky socio-political art intellectual types all day long.

Bleck... art... I'm not an art person... I can draw some, but now well enough to go to school in it, and I refused to take any art courses during high school.

#44197 College!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 16 December 2004 - 11:47 PM in Off Topic

Is Virginia Tech a big school or a pretty small one?

Hehe... they have their own power plant... does that help any? And yes, shindig does go to VT. Hm... are you trying to set me up as well? How old is shindig? Hopefully I'm going to major in Medical Engineering or Genetic Engineering, something like that, not sure yet.

#44132 College!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 15 December 2004 - 10:51 PM in Off Topic

Hey guys!! Guess who's back? Not really but I've got *BIG* news! I got *accepted* to Virginia Tech (Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University). I applied early decision. First choice and only school I applied too, and it's binding so I have to go there. I'm really excited and I can't wait until next fall.

Anwaysy... that's my big news, and because of that I may be selling most of my nerf stuff (yes... sadly that might mean leaving nerf once and for all). However I might start a club or something with it at VT, so no one is getting my LnL or other choice guns. Those babies are mine... <_<

#30398 My New Friend

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 05 July 2004 - 02:10 PM in Off Topic

Those things are good. So is the Ice Java stuff.

Anyone had a MOOlate from DQ? They're awesome, but expensive.

#30183 Aim Hacks

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 02 July 2004 - 10:37 AM in Off Topic

Also, it allows you to ghost, using the /ghost command. This makes you appear offline on everyone's sn, including your own if you have your own sn on there. The only way you can tell if someone is ghosting is to go to their sn while they're offline and check their profile, because while you're ghosting you can still see the ghosted person's profile.

With the newest version of AIM, you can do that. There is a little 'eye' icon that is open when you're being shown as 'online', and if you click on it to close it, you appear to be offline.

#29997 Aw Goddammit.

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 30 June 2004 - 09:13 PM in Off Topic

Not really storm related, but my hard drive in my computer died a few weeks ago. That really sucked.

#29980 Fireworks

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 30 June 2004 - 03:46 PM in Off Topic

I can sit out in our drive way and watch the local fireworks display. Pretty nice.

#29642 Yard Sales

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 26 June 2004 - 10:45 PM in General Nerf

I didn't go to any yard sales today, 'cause I was to lazy, but my dad went and he got me five new guns. He paid like three bucks for all of them. I got a PowerClip, a SuperMaxx350, an original Ballzooka, a Lightening Blitz, and an Eagel Eye. I saw the Lightening Blitz and Eagel Eye and was rather happy. I have two PowerClips already, so that wasn't that exciting. Also I was wanting another SuperMaxx250/350, so that was nice.

But anyways, tell of any good stuff y'all have found at yard sales.

#29641 Any Experiance With One Of These?

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 26 June 2004 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

I used to have a sling shot something like that, just not with the ball thing. It was nifty. But I don't think it would be much with nerf.

#29594 Holsters

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 26 June 2004 - 08:44 AM in General Nerf

It's kinda depressing that I'm the only one who sees the irony in one of the few active female nerfers wondering how to make holsters.

VACC
~like any good jedi, more cryptic then useful~

Well, seeing as I have been nerfing for around five years, I'm not a a n00bie as you're probably thinking. I've just never got around to making any holsters or anything, usually just stick whatever I can in pockets, cargo pants are good for that, you know.

#29583 Holsters

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 25 June 2004 - 10:12 PM in General Nerf

My pet monkey tells me that she was asking for more specific holsters probably, not the generic one that you make by wrapping cardboard around it. Maybe she wants a fashion-holster to go along with her outfit. You know?

~ompa

Ha... not funny. I don't do that. One of my friends hates the fact that I like never match, I don't try to match.

#29534 Holsters

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 25 June 2004 - 11:13 AM in General Nerf

I was just wondering how to make a good holster. I'd like to make one for my LnL and maybe one for my Switch Shots Super. Also been thinking about something for my PowerClip, a carrying strap or something.

#29531 Artic Camo :: Nite Finder

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 25 June 2004 - 11:10 AM in Modifications

Nice job. I've been using acrylic paint for mine. Takes a lot longer, but it's worth it if you want a solid color with a certain symbol or something. It'll come off easily though, that's why I use a clear crystal glaze spray as a top coat, makes them shinny, and if you do it right, it looks like it was made that color/design.

#29530 Hello!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 25 June 2004 - 11:03 AM in Off Topic

But yeah, unlike JT, Stealthblade actually contributed to the NIC.

The NIC?

#29494 Hello!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 24 June 2004 - 10:50 PM in Off Topic

Personally I'm not afraid of VACC, but I've never really met him... But I don't scare... wait yeah, I kinda do, but I don't get scared of people easily. Now if you come up behind me and say "Boo!" really loudly, I'll jump. But I won't be afraid of *you* persay...

#29493 What Do You Do With Your Liquitron Gauge?

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 24 June 2004 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

I choose nothing, cause I have yet to mod my AT2K. I'll get around to it some day though. Then I'll see what I do with it.

#29492 Gun Remakes

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 24 June 2004 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I said the LnL, because I love mine. Not that I wouldn't love to get my hands on a Xbow or a BBB *drools*, but I'm more of a pistol gal.

#29428 Hello!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 24 June 2004 - 01:18 PM in Off Topic

EDIT: JT you spelled goddess wrong in your sig. ^_^

Crap... I'll fix that...

#29356 Hello!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 23 June 2004 - 09:55 PM in Off Topic

Welcome, I took a look at your website, its nice.

Thanks, but as you can see I haven't updated it in a *long* time...

#29339 Hello!

Posted by JT Nerf Girl on 23 June 2004 - 08:35 PM in Off Topic

Ahh... thank you Reverse Dracula... never mind about the whole gay thing, I understand it now.

So... what's new? :P