Zach's Content

There have been 35 items by Zach (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#120251 Metal

Posted by Zach on 18 August 2007 - 09:12 AM in Off Topic

You're talking about power metal, so why is it only now that Manowar is being mentioned? They've probably been playing it for longer than anybody else and still are one of the greatest power metal bands ever.

On that note, check out Swordmetal.com if you like that type of music.

~Zach

#120218 Metal

Posted by Zach on 17 August 2007 - 11:41 PM in Off Topic

Black Sabbath
Dio (kick ass)
Judas Priest
Led Zeppelin
Motörhead
Mushroomhead
Ozzy Osbourne

Those are all decent metal bands, not overly heavy though. For some very heavy music (these probably don't all fit your requests, but I'm listing them just because they're metal) check out:

Agent Steel
Anthrax
Cannibal Corpse
Destruction
Exodus
Kreator
Lamb of God
Megadeth
Metallica
Pantera
Slayer
Testament
Venom

These are mostly older bands, all of them are pretty decent by some standard or another. A few aren't very well known compared to others. I doubt you'll like some of these, but again, they're all metal and they're all good.

~Zach

#112234 Dragonforce!

Posted by Zach on 20 June 2007 - 05:30 PM in Off Topic

I can't thrash to them, they're too damn happy.

I agree completely with you there, it's a good band, but not the type to headbang to.

#111796 Your Top Ten Songs

Posted by Zach on 17 June 2007 - 11:57 PM in Off Topic

1. Motorbreath - Metallica
2. Madhouse - Anthrax
3. Iron Man - Black Sabbath
4. Battery - Metallica
5. Raining Blood - Slayer
6. Peace Sells - Megadeth
7. Thunderstruck AC/DC
8. Fucking Hostile - Pantera
9. Walk - Pantera
10. Through Fire and Flames Dragon Force

Yeah. Heavy metal and the like, it all rules.

#107165 Does Anyone Know This Song?

Posted by Zach on 22 May 2007 - 09:13 PM in Off Topic

I'm not sure if it helps, but Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' by Journey comes to mind.

I doubt it's it, but I just wanted to throw it out there.

~Zach

#93212 Who Watches Naruto?

Posted by Zach on 28 October 2006 - 08:45 PM in Off Topic

Meh.

Naruto's alright. It isn't the best, but it definitely isn't the worst. I occasionally watch it.

Personal favorites of mine are Lupin III, Case Closed, Ronin Warriors, Bleach, and Inuyasha.

~Zach

#91710 Good Software

Posted by Zach on 10 October 2006 - 09:18 PM in Off Topic

Nvu is an awesome web editing software for any platform that blows everything except for Dreamweaver out of the water.

Everything else I would mention has been said already.

~Zach

#79520 Nooooo!

Posted by Zach on 10 April 2006 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

Ah ah ah, Doom. Unless I am mistaken, this here is a backup forum. It's up to date as far as March 18. Here is a link to it. As far as I know, nobody has discovered this besides me.

~Zach

#79214 Search Feature @ Nerfhaven

Posted by Zach on 08 April 2006 - 10:06 PM in Site Feedback

I find the search engine here rather easy, however I do believe that the default area to search should be all forums rather than to make the default the forum you were browsing before you went to search. I've had this thing little thing get me a couple of times.

Other than the area to search and the time when it was posted, I see nothing at all wrong with the search function.

~Zach

#77115 What Did You Use For This?

Posted by Zach on 21 March 2006 - 03:00 PM in Site Feedback

Thanks, I'll need to learn more on my languages.

~Zach

#77052 What Did You Use For This?

Posted by Zach on 20 March 2006 - 08:58 PM in Site Feedback

Well, I was browsing over archives of NerfHaven, and found an older one. Thing is though, that it had a different index. What exactly was used for this, C? I know that the current one uses the Invision Portal, but I haven't encountered anything like the old index before. Did you hand program it? Is it a software? I'm just a bit curious, as I would like to use something like this for my site too.

~Zach

#75939 Kiss Mini

Posted by Zach on 12 March 2006 - 05:30 PM in Homemades

What amazes me is the fact that the paper darts work better than the jumbo darts. What kind of weight is used for the paper dart, and what is the construction process? The paper darts have me curious. Do they work well in other guns or are they made only for the KISS mini?

~Zach

#75324 Canon Ammo?

Posted by Zach on 05 March 2006 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

This comment is related to Duxburian. To decrease on loading/priming time, I'd say go for a double ball valve and double tank setup. Behind the first ball valve would be a huge tank, possibly enough for five hsots. After the first valve would be a smaller tank to hold one of those five shots and after that would be a second ball valve. You'd only have to reload the barrel without priming it. All that you would have to do is keep the valves open and closed in an order so that the air didn't escape. This layout also gives you room to use one powerful shot or five (or how many you wantd before) smaller shots. This concept isn't new.

~Zach

#75312 Canon Ammo?

Posted by Zach on 05 March 2006 - 09:09 PM in Homemades

Dang. I didn't think of that part. I'd suppose that you could thoroughly cover it in duct tape or another kind of strong tape. Maybe you could cover it in foam craft sheet (you would, of course have to cut it in a jig saw puzzle fashion to cover the ball).

~Zach

#75310 Canon Ammo?

Posted by Zach on 05 March 2006 - 08:57 PM in Homemades

The first one is nerfer34 and the second one is sistermol. Nobody double posted.

Anyways, maybe you could try the foam golf balls. I mean the ones with the weight in them and the red striking mark. I would've said Nerf balls, but those aren't weighty enough.

You might also like using a piece of foam pipe insulator. It's like FBR, except it has a hole going through it, is larger, and it has a cut going through the surface (not all the way through) to allow it to be easily bent. All that you would need to do is plug the hole on one end.

~Zach

Edit: sistermol beat me to the fact that he didn't double post.

#74372 Nerflist On Yahoo Groups

Posted by Zach on 26 February 2006 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

Interesting. You got me curious on that subject and I found a couple of others I'll list for you.

First One Found
Nerf Smiths
Nerf Club (Public+Unrequired Approval)

These are the only unique ones I could find. One of them mentioned is completely public. That find was very interesting, it's an artifact of the past, kind of. All of the above I found are Yahoo groups. I wish you luck on gaining access to the group you found.

~Zach

#72516 Other Nerf Forums?

Posted by Zach on 06 February 2006 - 05:59 PM in Off Topic

Well, I can't say it's got much traffic or anything, but I have this one.
I hope that mine can help.

~Zach

#72337 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by Zach on 05 February 2006 - 12:28 AM in General Nerf

No, if they do create a large line for the Dart Tag, not all of them will have vests. Like the Crossfire. That doesn't have a vest, just a shield, which adds on little if any extra expenses. You do have me wondering on that subject of a Dart Tag line quite a bit. Maybe a full auto DTG with a Firefly like stock (for the comfort),

~Zach

#72082 Supermaxx 5000 "roadblocker"

Posted by Zach on 01 February 2006 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

Awesome mod! The paint job reminds me of the BBB.

~Zach

#71877 Nerf On Frappr

Posted by Zach on 29 January 2006 - 02:57 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm on, same name.

~Zach

#71832 Is Davidbowie The Real David Bowie

Posted by Zach on 28 January 2006 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

Agreed with both of you. If you Sistermol, would've listened better in social studies class, you would know for a fact that the real David Bowie is dead. I have no idea how such a thought ever even came close to crossing your mind, much less compell you to post this crap, but Davidbowie is just one of the member's monicker.

~Zach

#71756 Fovorite Gun

Posted by Zach on 27 January 2006 - 02:38 PM in General Nerf

I tend to ambush people in wars so I have to say my favorite is the RF20 as long as I have a reliable sidearm or two.

~Zach

#71586 loser

Posted by Zach on 24 January 2006 - 03:34 PM in Modifications

That must be new.  I was at one fairly recently and they had a decent stock.  I guess I'll need to horde as many as I can find, so they can join the rest of this collection of rarities that I have.

Yeah I have to agree with that entirely. My Target had nearly a shelf full of 2Ks. I'll also need to horde some 2Ks. Maybe they'll become semi-Crossbow valuable when they're out of production.

Anyway, I forget exactly where, but somebody on NHQ said something about finding some AT2Ks in Meijers. I think it was Uriel.

~Zach

#71552 Tanks

Posted by Zach on 23 January 2006 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

sounds to me more like a type of bunker. Hey, maybe you could get together a bunch of boxes and make a fortress, then play a scenario around it, or make it like an immobilized tank. :o

But if it was an imobilized tank would it not be a fort fo the most part? I mean an imobilized tank and a fort have guns, they have a heavy defense, and they don't move. A tank is just a smaller package.

~Zach

#71539 Off-brand Mod?

Posted by Zach on 23 January 2006 - 02:56 PM in Modifications

This blaster is so ugly, I can't even adress where the front is supposed to be!

How is this angular piece of plastic capable of shooting 20 darts in a row?

But I give props to the guy who made this thing:
Alien Racers™ Skrash Blaster™

Why give props to that? It sucks, horribly, shooting a mere 20 feet.

I do agree with inability to distinguish each end and the fact that it's ugly. Even if it does shoot the darts in rapid succession it's basically an RF20 with some crap stuck on it.

~Zach

#71518 Defective Nite Finder

Posted by Zach on 22 January 2006 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

If it is, this is most likely an air restrictor problem.

Yes, the restrictors on most guns nowadays are similar t othe new BBB, they are spring loaded so that the arrow/dart depresses the spring, opening the air valve, and allowing the air to escape. Make sure the dart is all the way in the barrel.

It could also be the type of NF. Is it the EX-3 with the rail on top? If so, this would also be the reason why the handle retracts slowly (this one I can't expalin) and why it sucks.

You seriously need to remove the restrictors either way.

~Zach

#71461 Tanks

Posted by Zach on 22 January 2006 - 01:28 PM in General Nerf

Okay, I have a few ideas.

1. Seasonal Fort. If you have snowy winters you may consider creating a temporary fort out of the plowed snow mounds (those huge, hard piles of snow). You could make a hole in that to sit in, or you could try to move other piles around to make it even bigger. This would be better than cardboard because it could collect ammo by trapping it in the snow, and it offers up a sturdier defense than cardboard. Just be careful or it could collapse on you.

2. Blanket and Chair fort. Heres an intersting one. It's one of the most flexible types of forts. It can have a very low hanging second floor by sitting on a covered chair, it's very warm (almost stifling) and cozy, the ammo will bounce right off it unless it's like the size of the Titan Missile, you can put a handheld game system in a cubby hole inside it if you want, if you need to hold more than the size limits you can quickly move the chair boundaries, you can almost instantly set up a new gun turret and just as easily take it down, you can quickly change the shape of it, you can set it up so that you can see out nut nobody in, and it is easy to escape. Careful of falling chairs though.

3. Mobile Fort. Attach a ton of huge shields to you. Not very flexible, but suits the purpose.

4. Mobile Fort Two. Cover your body with the highest sane amount of blankets, make sure you can still move though. This overheats quicker than the chair fort and doesn't exactly offer much flexibility on design.

5. The Ever Popular Cardboard Tank. Does it need explaining?

~Zach

#71154 Any Mods On Rapidfire 20

Posted by Zach on 18 January 2006 - 10:19 AM in Modifications

He's been suspended already. Read this topic. This is the topic he was banned in.

#70937 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Zach on 13 January 2006 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

Nice. Just curious, what's Artemis Arms?

~Zach

#70881 Hi Everyone

Posted by Zach on 12 January 2006 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

Hello! Just work on your capitalization and you should be fine. Enjoy your stay at NerfHaven!

~Zach

#70825 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Zach on 11 January 2006 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

Yeah. I'm impressed with that Mountain Rifle of yours. Keep up the exemplary work.

~Zach

#70285 Bayonets

Posted by Zach on 02 January 2006 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

Bayonets aren't very effective unless it's a close quarter battle. Even then you need to find out if the war rules (which vary) allow bayonets. My other sentences should answer all but the first question which is based on personal opinion.

~Zach

#70143 First Gun?

Posted by Zach on 30 December 2005 - 01:00 PM in General Nerf

Could it possibly be the Manta Ray? That was large because of the shield and it had four shots.

~Zach

#70141 First Gun?

Posted by Zach on 30 December 2005 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

Well I got into Nerf from my step dad when he held cubicle wars. He used a Power Clip which he gave me after he got a new job. That technically was my first gun, but the first gun I actually bought was a Nite Finder.

~Zach

Edit: Sentence not capitalized.

#70118 Best Long Range Gun

Posted by Zach on 29 December 2005 - 09:16 PM in General Nerf

I believe that he wants opinions. I prefer using a modded AT2K (Airtech 2000). Although as TS stated, it's all opinion based on what the best long range gun is, you need to find what suits you.

~Zach