opiumpanda's Content

There have been 74 items by opiumpanda (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#87001 My Dumbass Friend

Posted by opiumpanda on 10 August 2006 - 01:28 AM in General Nerf

Unless there's been some peyote involved...

Errr...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peyote
What did you mean when you said Peyote?

EDIT: Had you just said mescaline I would have caught your drift.

#86997 My Dumbass Friend

Posted by opiumpanda on 10 August 2006 - 12:58 AM in General Nerf

More importantly, what will happen to me! I'm scared now cause I don't want to get banned.

EDIT: All the posts were edited assuming this was the only forum he posted in

#86994 My Dumbass Friend

Posted by opiumpanda on 10 August 2006 - 12:54 AM in General Nerf

What a dick. I was gone for 5 minutes and he posts like 15 times. I don't even know how that's possible with the flood control and all. Well please forgive me fellow forum members and cxwq. I am terribly sorry and appologize to the community as a whole.

#85427 Zoom

Posted by opiumpanda on 20 July 2006 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

Zoom, that TV show. Does anyone else remember it or think it sucks?

#85024 Drilling Through Glass Bottles

Posted by opiumpanda on 14 July 2006 - 02:16 PM in Off Topic

It's been quite a while since I last posted, I must say, the new layout is very nice!
Back on topic, I was wondering what you guys would think is the easiest way to drill about a 1cm hole into a glass bottle. I am working a little project in which I plan to turn a bottle of 'Bawls' into a lamp. I don't exactly want to ruin this bottle because it costs almost $3 Canadian for one bottle of it and although it tastes great I can't just keep buying them until I get it right.

Any help with the hole drilling would be appreciated. I have a handdrill but only a few bits. None of my bits are Diamond drill bits, which a few sites said are recomended. Thanks in adance.
~OP~

#81662 Revival!

Posted by opiumpanda on 10 May 2006 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

I don't want to brag but I consider myself to be quite good with photoshop and would be willing to help with texturing and skinning if needed.

#74100 Sspb

Posted by opiumpanda on 23 February 2006 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Thanks! I'll use one of those ways to remove the restrictor, however, I still have one question. If I directly connected an at2k or 3k tank to the existing tank (a tank expansion), would I still need to seal the release valve? Technically, the level the pressure would need to get to in order to force the release valve to kick in would be much higher after a tank expansion than before it, so is it still necessary to plug the valve? Also, if I were to do a tank expansion, WHERE would I attach the external tank?

Are you talking about attaching a huge air tank to a tiny SPPB? That seems a little excessive don't you think? I suggest you go with the vinyl tubing tank expansion. 60-70' is more than enough for something that small

#70635 Nerf On Wikipedia

Posted by opiumpanda on 08 January 2006 - 01:34 PM in General Nerf

There is a list up there in alphabetical order now but it is extremely incomplete. Take a Look and add what you can.

I think that the list looks okay but I'm sure that on wikipedia there must be a more formal way of creating a list. I'm going to look into that and maybe change it but if anyone already knows how could they do that? sometimes the list can look quite sloppy depending on your monitor and the resolution. I use a widescreen monitor so the list (before I resized the image of the over-pressure release valve) had a few out of place items on it. This article is getting bigger by the day which is a very good thing. Keep it up!

EDIT: I'm not sure if i have already said this, don't use the word "gun". It makes nerf sound like a dangerous sport along the lines of paintball. Please use the word 'Blaster' because it is a much better term for describing 'Nerf Guns'

#70583 Nerf On Wikipedia

Posted by opiumpanda on 07 January 2006 - 04:12 PM in General Nerf

Illadar and I definately agree that a war section is in order. Since neither of us have ever been to a large scale Nerf war, somebody else will have to do it. Maybe bring up Armageddon (sp?) and SENO with links to the videos.

To: MLoR, I like the idea of having a list of many Nerf blasters as well as maybe highlighting the ones that were taken out of production.

And yeah, Groove would be a much better person to show a Nerfer!

EDIT: Remember, don't just post ideas for changes. If you are familier with the subject, then by all means, go ahead and write about it. Wikipedia can be edited by anyone at any time.

#70545 Blowguns

Posted by opiumpanda on 06 January 2006 - 07:47 PM in Homemades

Well, blowguns are better off not being on the forums. Pretty much all they are is barrel crafting material used as a 'blowgun'. I guess if you made a complicated progressive blowgun with a handle and sights then, yes, it would be suited for the Homemad section of NH.

#70544 Nerf On Wikipedia

Posted by opiumpanda on 06 January 2006 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

This is my first post in a while, I havn't been very active lately so here it goes:

Nerf on Wikipedia provides the potential to bring members into the hobby of Nerf who are actually able to contribute to this community and Nerf in itself. Illadar and I have significantly contributed to the Wikipedia article on Nerf. This, however, is only the begining. The Nerf Haven forums needs more quality new members than we are currently getting. With the recent abundance of 'newbies' filling up the Nerf Haven community, it is safe to say that Nerf as a hobby needs a few more members who are respectable and willing to read the CoC. By contributing to the Nerf article on Wikipedia, you are helping bring members to the hobby / sport.

The article is located here and it is completely editable by anyone. So far Illadar and I have added significantly to the modification section and added 2 pictures. We've also added a picture to the article on 'Stefan Darts'.

You too can help add to the size of this article out of interest or for the sole purpose of recruitment.

#68183 Support Our Troops

Posted by opiumpanda on 24 November 2005 - 12:58 AM in Off Topic

Well that has got to be, single handedly, the coolest website on the net. So far I've only downloaded the "WooHoo" video with the music "Song 2" By Blur. That was definately worth the download wait and the time it took to unzip. If I had a little more cash lying around I'd pay around $5 to have access to all those vid's. Thanks for the cool link. I'll see if I am able to access them at school and share them with my friends.
Thanks again :lol: .

EDIT: Watch the SLAMRAAM video just because the craziness of those trajectories is blowing my mind right now. Seriously, this has got to be better than Crack!

#68181 Pump-action Clip Writeup

Posted by opiumpanda on 24 November 2005 - 12:49 AM in Homemades

Difficulty:

3 out of 5

Hmm... That doesn't really help us in the way of how difficult it would actually be. Would 1 be removing the air restrictors from a Nite Finder and 5 be building the FAR or what? This look pretty simple and I do understand that the difficulty is 'Moderate' but I want to know what you are basing the rating system on. Sorry to sound like a noob and thanks in advance.

#68074 Mav20

Posted by opiumpanda on 20 November 2005 - 10:10 PM in General Nerf

This project seems like a waste of time. Even with the NF20 you need two hands to fire the damn thing. I dont see why you would butcher a perfectly good rapid fire to make a peice of junk sidearm. With the NF it gets decent range but behind a maverick spring the range would be garbage. Most likely even more garabge than the Mav itself. If anything, try the NF20 before wasting your time on something we all know will get less range. Besides, the NF is more durable than the maverick. If you wanna do this for indoor wars then go ahead. Without a doubt in my mind I would choose a RF20 over a Mav20 anyday.

Well, I'm mostly doing this because I broke my mav and would have a fun time figuring out how to add more barrels to it. You're probably right in saying the RF20 is massively superior to a MAV20. I think I want to go with the MAK Ten (As in MAV TEK Ten).

#68017 Mav20

Posted by opiumpanda on 19 November 2005 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

So this is how it goes. While attempting to Clip Mod my Maverick (for faster reload time not so I could have 2 clips) I learned that Clip modding a Maverick breaks the cylinder. So after pondering for a while I decided I would go out and buy an RF20 or something of that nature so I would be able to compensate for this mishap. So what I plan on doing is removing the pegs and air restrictors from the RF20 and placing the cylender from the RF20 and placing them onto my Maverick.

Kind of like this:
Posted Image

So if anyone has any suggestions to help me with this or has some links that may help me please post them here. I DO NOT plan for the barrels to auto rotate, I will do that myself. (Do the barrels have 20 set positions or are they free rotating? I need to know this before i got and spend $20 on an RF20)

Is there any other gun that is currently being sold that may have any value in the nature of what I am doing?

Thanks for your time. Hope you guys can help me with this.

#67908 New Silencer

Posted by opiumpanda on 18 November 2005 - 12:34 AM in Homemades

As well as my LBB. The silencer makes the "Pop" from the dart leaving the barrel somewhat quieter. C'mon man, you've heard my lbb, it does make quite a pop when we use the larger darts.

#67857 Another Way To Mod Your Double Shot (not Tested)

Posted by opiumpanda on 17 November 2005 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

Okay, I have a quick Question, What the hell is a double shot?

It's pretty much a Nerf type gun (offbrand right?) modeled after a double barrel shotgun.

#67855 Nf Mod

Posted by opiumpanda on 16 November 2005 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

It's not a bad modification. It reminds me a bit of my first mod but instead of cpvc (Which is not avaliable in my area) I used some spare PETG that Illadar had lying around. I think that you should have cut out the house for the light on the bottom of the gun as well as put two brass or PETG stefan holders in the space that it created. You also can still add brass or PETG stefan holders in the bottom of your NF where the batteries go. Nice job. Maybe you should paint it pink and purple :lol: . That is what I would have done if I had the paint for it.

#67853 Photoshop Thread

Posted by opiumpanda on 16 November 2005 - 11:27 PM in Off Topic

Well, I just finished taking a tutorial on making web banners and I wanted to share my end result with somebody other that who's on MSN. So I figured "What better place than Nerf Haven's off topic section to get some feedback as well as view what other people can do in photoshop." And so, I created a photoshop thread. Here is my cool banner I made. In case you're wondering, GH stands for "Good Hosting" because I could not think of a better name for a hosting company.

Posted Image

EDIT: Here's one I just whipped up for an assignment. Let me know what you guys think!

Posted Image

#67724 Open Nerf

Posted by opiumpanda on 15 November 2005 - 07:20 PM in Off Topic

How come the site is down? Don't tell me it committed suicide already.

I'm not always 100% in control of the boards. There is a chance that they may be taken down without any warning. I plan on getting a web host and a good domain name by 2006.

NOTE: This is a trial program. I hope to get quite a few users by the time I get a domain name and I will backup everything that is on it, including users.

Heh heh, man_with_many_guns failed at my forum. He just up and quit so I deleted him. If he can't follow the rule about making each post like an essay than obviously he does not deserve to be there and probably doesn't want to be there either.

#67554 Traps.

Posted by opiumpanda on 12 November 2005 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

That honestly has to be the worst lie someone has told on this forum in a long while.

What about when that guy (can't remember his / her name) told us he got 300 yards from his ball valve gun. that wasn't too long ago and that was a much bigger lie. Not that I don't agree but it seems as though that was a much bigger lie.

#67549 Rubber Tubing

Posted by opiumpanda on 12 November 2005 - 10:53 PM in Off Topic

I'd say 3/4" (Sorry I'm not american is " feet or inches, well anyway, I mean inches) is the MAXIMUM you should use. If you find it to be not powerful enough than you can double it up. Half an inch should do it though.

#67474 Traps.

Posted by opiumpanda on 11 November 2005 - 04:24 PM in General Nerf

Well, this is not so much a trap but rather a hiding place. You could dig a whole in your back (or front) yard. put a wooden hatch over it and sod over that. Make sure the grass blends perfectly and use that as a hide out. you could set up a webcam in a tree so you know when people are coming. When they ring your doorbell you pop-up and shoot them and slink back down so they don't know where it came from.

#67466 Favorite Energy Drink?

Posted by opiumpanda on 11 November 2005 - 12:34 PM in Off Topic

I just photoshopped this cool logo and thought this would be a good place to put it. What do you think of ...
a ) the look of the logo?
b ) the name?
c ) the drinkability factor?

Well, here it is:
Posted Image

#67233 Open Nerf

Posted by opiumpanda on 06 November 2005 - 05:35 PM in Off Topic

My thoughts:

1.  You may want to reconsider the name.  The name Open Nerf has been used at least two times previous for projects.  Search this forum and you will see what I mean.  Not that I am saying you can't use it, but I would make sure those projects are no longer running before you go any further.  For the record, the name Project Nerf is taken.

2.  Give credit where it is due.  You know that you pulled the name Code of Conduct from here.  I know you basically re-wrote your own version, but the themes and the name are the same.  I've listed a good example of giving credit for you in quotes.  "Thanks to Cxwq from NerfHaven for this Code's inspiration."

3.  Not to give your forum the kiss of death, but in light of more recent events, please do not approve any variations of my username unless you receive a PM from me asking you to do so.

4.  Clarify your site's purpose more.  Perhaps create some form of a homepage that will support your forum?  I feel that a site with a homepage and forum is much more inviting than a site that just has a forum for a homepage.

5.  Good luck!

Thanks for the tips. Although I've only glanced at the CoC from NH I think that most forum rules are very similar. I will credit cxwq for the inspiration thing though.

To man with many guns: I'm not looking for mods just yet. I'll wait until I get a few more members.

-----------
EDIT: ==I have approved all users who hove signed up. You can start posing now if you like.==
-----------

#67223 Dart Tag Or Firefly

Posted by opiumpanda on 06 November 2005 - 03:51 PM in Modifications

I would like to know witch is the better to mod.

Well, I have never actually held a Dart Tag blaster but from the looks of it, it seems much easier to modify and generally seems cooler. They come in 2 packs so if you fuck one up you can always just crack open the other one. Or better yet you can sell the other one to a friend / split the 2 pack with a friend.

#67220 Open Nerf

Posted by opiumpanda on 06 November 2005 - 03:13 PM in Off Topic

Hello fellow nerfers, designers and anyone else who may be viewing this forum. I'd like to announce that my nerf forum is officially open and ready to run. Open Nerf is what it is called and can be reached via http://steven.tactic...sion.com/forums or the shortened version, http://opennerf.2ya.com .
Sorry to advertise here. Open Nerf is slightyly more designer oriented that NH and will hopefully be a self sustaining communtiy (with your support) by 2006. Currently I am the only mod/admin so I will be needing some in due time. If you choose to join please use a unique username or the one you use here. Don't impersonate people like ompa or cxwq. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: I may buy a domain name around 2006 pending on the amount of traffic that I get.

#67017 Am I The Only One?

Posted by opiumpanda on 02 November 2005 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

When I nerf I use some military tactics like hand signals but for the most part it's just a fun game. At night it seems that staying low and not talking may not be all that usefull but rather it makes it feel very tactical. I'm still trying to find out where to get some good smoke grenades and maybe flashbangs if they aren't too dangerous. I heard from someone they sell 2 Flashbangs for $50 at Canadian Tire but I'll have to check on that.

#66660 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by opiumpanda on 27 October 2005 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

Well, I already posted this gun in a previous thread but I guess theres no harm in re-posting it here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have touched it up a bit since I originally posted it. It does look alot nicer than it does in these photos.

#66346 Favorite Energy Drink?

Posted by opiumpanda on 22 October 2005 - 08:06 PM in Off Topic

My favorites are Rockstar, Amp, and US Energy. All taste great and US Energy is cheap at costco.

Yuck, Rockstar to me tastes like chalky redbull. I had it once and I could only finish it on the thought of it's cost compared to a soda. I don't know how anyone can stand that stuff.

#66338 N Strike Unity

Posted by opiumpanda on 22 October 2005 - 06:31 PM in General Nerf

But you had a choice, and you enjoy reading the word asshat. It always makes ME laugh. But thats still a good point. HA HA asshat. ( Refering to the word, not you.)

Somebody really needs to implement a rule about excessive use of the word "Asshat". We all know that many of the people who use this word are in fact, "Asshats" and it gets really annoying hearing it all day and then when browsing the forums reading it. So ya, somebody needs to do that.

#66337 Favorite Energy Drink?

Posted by opiumpanda on 22 October 2005 - 06:23 PM in Off Topic

Ya I prefer Monster as well because it tastes just like Redbull but has twice the volume and is the same price. But what is it in taurine that makes you dehydrated? Oh ya, I also quit energy drinks so I won't be drinking moster any time soon. :(

#66310 Petg Help

Posted by opiumpanda on 22 October 2005 - 10:51 AM in General Nerf

Ya, the thing is, I don't think my friends parents will like me giving out their adress. Can you buy it at pet stores? I don't know.

I used to be able to get PETG at my local pet store but they discontinued it for some reason. I have a question, does anyone know what PETG is actually used for?

#66281 Airtech 3000 Mod

Posted by opiumpanda on 21 October 2005 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

I think you should use brass. PVC is way too big for an AT3K.

#66034 Gun Idea

Posted by opiumpanda on 17 October 2005 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

okay sorry im new here and i dont know the rules to well. :w00t:

There were many things wrong with that post. First off, you must use proper capitalization. 'I' 's must be capitalized (That falls under capitalization I guess) You must use proper punctioaction as well. Please also don't excessivley use smilies. I know i'm kind of a noob here but I thought I would pass on the rules one newbie to another. Hope that helps you. :D

#66030 2 Sweet "old" Nfs Painted

Posted by opiumpanda on 17 October 2005 - 07:09 PM in Modifications

Okay, I'm sorry i knd of went a little overboard. I assume that those touched up pictures are closer to what the guns really look like. Someone a few posts back said it was cleanly done just not something they fancy and I probably should have said that in my post. It is kind of too late to edit it now considering I already got that post from you. What I was trying to get at in my old post was that I didn't care much for the single colour that is not masked. Sorry to spread the confusion.

Also, the sexbow color scheme kind of creeps the hell out of me. Those colors bring back horrible memories. *Shutters*

#65947 2 Sweet "old" Nfs Painted

Posted by opiumpanda on 16 October 2005 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

They loook alright but I think you should have put more detail into them. The cases are sprayed one color and the internals another. It also looks a bit too glossy. I really think you should have sprayed the cases more than one color because they look half assed. Also, painting a gun black makes it lose a lot of "character" and "originality". I personally believe the paint jobs could have been done much better than they are.

EDIT: Sorry, the pictured weren't of that great quality and made me believe that it was black and not navy blue. but nonetheless, still a flat dark color.

#65880 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by opiumpanda on 15 October 2005 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

All this talk of a kit is making me want to buy one more and more. And only $20? That just sweetens the deal. You should look into selling these kits over a dedicated website based on how much the guns go for on ebay. I'd definately buy one.

#65346 Home Made Ball Valve Air Gun Results

Posted by opiumpanda on 08 October 2005 - 05:53 PM in Homemades

Sorry to sound like a noob but what is a ball valve air gun? More improtantly, what is a ball valve?

#65318 Painted Green & Black Crossbow W/ Matching Lnls

Posted by opiumpanda on 08 October 2005 - 01:23 PM in Modifications

That has got to be the nicest XBow paint job i have ever seen. I love those old school colours. (Those are the colours they used to have on really old toy guns isn't it?)

Keep up the good work.