DTReaper's Content

There have been 301 items by DTReaper (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#272533 Time To Look Inside... The Ldr!

Posted by DTReaper on 18 April 2010 - 03:13 AM in Homemades

I find it quite amusing how everyone jumps on him for painting his gun black and yet when Boltsniper painted his guns black very few people if any say anything about it. True his guns were a lot more complex and were nothing if not Effeminate but the point is still there. He quite honestly doesn't need 6 people in a row telling him the same shit about it being black he gets it, he even stated in the other topic that he uses it inside if I remember correctly. Give him some useful feedback not just the same shit everyone else said its damn annoying.
(end rant)
Now I believe it is a very solid gun but I would try for a bigger plunger head and if possible just remove the 1/2 inch PVC on the plunger all together if possible or if not try to make it as small as you can. I would have liked to see the catch and trigger mechanism but since that looks to be glued together a brief description of what you used would be good like a clothespin trigger or something else. But overall great job though the insides don't look as clean as the outside but since the covers will stay on it doesn't much matter as long as it works.

-DTR

#269965 Connecticut April Madness!

Posted by DTReaper on 22 March 2010 - 06:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Now that it is within a week of the set date is there a definite location for this war? Or is it going to be pushed back further until a suitable location is found?

-DTR

#269839 Scorpion Ldr

Posted by DTReaper on 21 March 2010 - 05:02 PM in Homemades

Good job on the gun but I would like to see some disassembled pictures of the gun so I can see the particulars of how it works.

-DTR

#265865 Connecticut April Madness!

Posted by DTReaper on 18 February 2010 - 11:42 AM in Nerf Wars

I will most likely be able to come to this event regardless of which of the three dates you choose.
-DTR

#262730 My Homemade

Posted by DTReaper on 22 January 2010 - 05:18 PM in Homemades

Instead of rubber bands you could try to make the ball valve spring opened. Basically you need a strong extension spring and a catch of some form and the opening time will be cut down significantly thus making it go further. I believe spudfiles has a few guns with a system like this. Hope it helps.

-DTR

#258671 Stefan Compatible Raider Drum Clip

Posted by DTReaper on 11 December 2009 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Correct me if I am wrong but the reason for step 8 is to get rid of the feed from the back problem that several people have pointed out. He cuts the clip lock in a mirrored position on the other side so with it in backwards the front is the back and the back is the front. I may be inserting my own foot in my mouth but whatever.

-DTR

#258237 Alternative Hobby/activity Thread

Posted by DTReaper on 06 December 2009 - 11:40 PM in Off Topic

I play Warhammer 40,000 and thoroughly enjoy it.

-DTR

#256000 Modern Warfare 2

Posted by DTReaper on 11 November 2009 - 06:53 PM in Off Topic

My only thoughts about multiplayer is now that the weapons do an increadible amount of damage and you die really fast the skill curve is goign to go up in a way. Because if you are new and you aren't used to the game the veteran players will curb stomp you very quickly. However at the same time because of this sneaking is even more important than ever and in conjunction with the new maps which give you an incredible amount of ways to get around it makes it even better. This leads into as others have said the maps are great and play to my style very well. I like sneaking around behind the enemy and killing them and using my other guys as a distraction like a hammer and anvil. In the original there were maybe 3 ways to get from point A to point B now there are at least 5 in every map. The maps besides being vast also have alot of buildings and most you can go in and on top of which is amazing.

The weapons are great and the perks and stuff work well, I mean im only in the teens but I still feel competative amongst the other players at higher levels. My only gripe is that the AA 12's rate of fire is too high for its real weapon I know it is just a little thing but it irritates me. Also the automatic weapons which used to be all over the place when fired before now have a much smaller recoil and can be keep on target amazingly easily which also leads to the ease of death in multiplayer which at first shocked me but now im used to it. Other than that I got nothing but praise.

Overall it is an amazing game and the multiplayer as others have said makes Cod 4 look like shit and unimaginative and linear in style.

#255065 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by DTReaper on 01 November 2009 - 10:40 AM in Off Topic

I have MW2 preordered and will be playing it as soon as I possibly can.

-DTReaper

#231777 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by DTReaper on 21 May 2009 - 09:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I am planning on attending and probably bringing at least one person.

-DTR

#208482 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by DTReaper on 31 January 2009 - 11:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm looking forward to attending the NJ wars with a few of my friends see you all there.

-DTR

#205254 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by DTReaper on 21 January 2009 - 08:53 PM in Off Topic

I suppose I'll add mine same as my name here DTReaper the only game I play online is CoD4. I'm on at odd hours so you can try to catch me on.

-DTR

#199909 Guild Wars

Posted by DTReaper on 31 December 2008 - 12:30 AM in Off Topic

I used to play it, I don't really have time anymore but I have all three campaigns but not EoTN.

-DTR

#194246 Why Hasn't Somebody Thought Of This Before?

Posted by DTReaper on 06 December 2008 - 12:30 AM in Homemades

I actually tried to make a 2K tank homemade but failed. There were to many leaks despite many strong springs on it. I tried to sleve aluminium piping into each other due to the smaller sizes it came in at my local hobby store but even with tightening rings it still didnt seal properly. Good luck with it if you choose to go forward with the plan.

-DTR

#185760 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

That might be whats causing the leaking problem when you hold the valve open because the rubber might not be seating right mine didnt leak it just moved forward and stopped however if you glue it on there won't be any wiggling so it will fix both problems at once.

-DTR

#185744 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

Well I keep the main spring compressed whil gluing so there is no stress on the drying part. by the front pice i mean the very front of the whole piston assemble where the o-ring is on the outside. And by the first bit is hard I mean that you glue in two stages the first you use a little glue and get the joint solidly together then once that is dry you put more on. Hope this clears it up some.

-DTR

#185696 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 06:22 PM in Modifications

Well I used super glue to glue the back piece back on just put some e-tape in the rod part to keep the spring compressed while you reglue it then untape it when its dry. be liberal with the glue after the first bit is hard. I can't remember specifically if the front piece wiggled but i dont think it will matter as long as it is glued on relativly straight as it has to seal against the fron piece for it to fire. Hope it helps.

-DTR

#185681 Magstrike Piston

Posted by DTReaper on 26 October 2008 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Incidentally right after reading your topic my gun suffered the samre affliction. So I took it apart much like you did and took off that top piece that you did in the film and noticed that it had some super glue residue on it and looked like it broke off. So I simply super glued it back on and glued the piston back together and sure enough it worked. Hope this helps.

-DTR

#183592 Ctcon Mad

Posted by DTReaper on 13 October 2008 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm disappointed that there was a CT war and I wasn't there but I guess there was no way for me to know.

-DTR

#178308 "stix" Commercial

Posted by DTReaper on 19 September 2008 - 06:35 PM in Off Topic

The wii is actually being sued alot for patent infringements in fact I think a company is stopping them from importing them to the U.S. but that wont take effect for awhile since the agencies are slow.

-DTR

#175811 2x The Titan, Need Thoughts / Comments

Posted by DTReaper on 07 September 2008 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Just make it into something like wing zeros gun for gundam wing. That would be badass if you did it thats what I would do but its your stuff so its up to you.

-DTR

#175421 Wierd At2k Leak

Posted by DTReaper on 06 September 2008 - 02:56 PM in General Nerf

http://nerfhaven.com...wtopic=9018&hl= This is how I fixed mine its a writeup complete with pictures and detailed instructions. If you have any problems ask and I'll try to help.

-DTR

#171963 Poll: Which Of These Olympic Sports Should Not Be One?

Posted by DTReaper on 24 August 2008 - 01:03 AM in Off Topic

Ping Pong is pure sport. You guys are stupid. It's just like tennis, just less running back and fourth and groaning. Synchronized swimming ~<==8 now that isn't a sport.

I'm sorry to say it but I think synchronized swimming is a sport. The women in it throw each other in the air without touching the ground. I think that all the Olympic sports have there place in the Olympics. Just watching them makes me think, the average person can't do that. Trampolining is also a sport and deserves it's spot in the Olympics, after all, it is gymnastics. Now all they need is beer drinking in the Olympics.

Haven't you ever heard of beerfest come on now its held every year. But as far as olympic sports that shouldnt be sports, Handball might be one of the dumbest ones that nobody ever heard of but power walking shouldnt be one, I imagine the judging would be really gay for it. table tennis is fine you have to be really good to play on an olympic level, so yes everyone can play it as someone said but to play competitively you have to actually be good.

-DTR

#169321 Homemade Problems

Posted by DTReaper on 14 August 2008 - 11:37 PM in Homemades

Really all you need to do is let the air into the second chamber more slowly so the diaphram can reseat itself in the sprinkler valve. A flow valve would most likely help but you should try to let it in slowly before you think about adding on any new parts but if it doesnt go for the flow valve.

-DTR

#168959 Recon Problems.....we Got Work To Do

Posted by DTReaper on 13 August 2008 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Why dont you try on the next recon you get to put some type of buffer inbetween the plunger tube inner and outer on the back end. This will stop plastic from hitting plastic which is most likely what is causing your plunger to break. The AR would normally slow the plunger down enough to make the plastic on plastic damage insignificant but without it the damage is far greater and with what seems to be the weaker plastic they are using nowadays it is too much for it.
So the answer is simple in addition to not dry firing the gun (which I garentee does more damage then it does with a dart in it) all you need to do is put a bumper in it and it will help alot I almost garuentee.

-DTR

#167214 My Bbb

Posted by DTReaper on 07 August 2008 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

Bobafan got it right on thats how it works. and yes you do put multiple darts in the tube on the side.

-DTR

#167182 My Bbb

Posted by DTReaper on 07 August 2008 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

So this is my new BBB mod it is essentially the same thing as nitewalkers but I used a different technique to build it.
Posted Image
While he cut the tube to an angle and glued it into a holder I used a grill and heated up the CPVC pipe and made it malleable and bent it to the desired shape in this case an "S" like shape. The trick to this is to get it hot enough to be bent but not so much that it begins to turn into a liquid, also you need to keep it from deforming the general roundness of the tube at the bends because it will flatten out slightly if it is forced to much to bend. You also need to be careful that parts you dont want to bend dont because if you heat it up all the heated parts will bend slightly

After you bend the pipe to the correct shape you will need to cut a hole in it for air input to be attached to. I used my dremal and just cut it out. I used some 1/2 inch PVC for a support for it so it would be straight. I used hot glue and glued it together and made it complete.
Posted Image
Posted Image

For the dart advancer I used a modified pump from a water rocket toy. Here is a picture of it http://www.spacetoys...FRW16-1.jpg.jpg . I simply attached the pump to a 1/2 inch cpvc endcap with a length of tubing. Posted Image

So it was a relativly simple build that I had been planning for quite some time but only have just now gotten around to it. There are still some issues with the advancing of the darts that need to be worked out but otherwise it works fine. No ranges as of yet but once I get it all fixed I will get them up.
Questions, comments?
-DTR

#164983 Finished Lpa Tank

Posted by DTReaper on 28 July 2008 - 03:55 PM in Homemades

Without a regulator in between the tank and gun there will be a pressure drop and so as you shoot more your range will go down because the tank is solid and does not change volume. That is why nerf uses the bladder system it changes volume to keep a more stable pressure. So will it work most likey but it will only work for a while before it goes down to an unusable pressure.

I believe CS did actually stat the pressures somewhere in his thread and he did indeed start with a PVC built tank but he had a regulator so if you want to go for it.

-DTR

#156432 Bodega Shoe Store

Posted by DTReaper on 20 May 2008 - 08:25 PM in Off Topic

Because they really need to hide sneakers from the cops can't let them have them. Honestly its just a gimmick to attract customers and make money. the zoning board knowes about it in all likelyhood so its just to make more money.

-DTR

#153539 Are You Serious?

Posted by DTReaper on 27 April 2008 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

I'm not sure but this one is also pretty unbelviable as well . I don't see how this could even work.

-DTR

#152456 Favorite Role-playing Game

Posted by DTReaper on 21 April 2008 - 05:29 PM in Off Topic

I used to have an old Axis vs. Allies set, but I never played. How is it?

It's very good in my opinion alot more pieces and it requires alot of strategy and good picks as far as pieces go. But its also alot more money but that is the downside of alot of tabletop games.

-DTR

#152297 Favorite Role-playing Game

Posted by DTReaper on 20 April 2008 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

I play Warhammer 40K when I can find people and also I play Axis vs. Allies tabletop game and a starwars tabletop game. And I will say that those game require far more skills than any first person shooter, my cousin who plays first person shooters is aweful at those games even if he is good at fps games. The reason most games today tell you exactly what to do there is no real thinking involved, enemy AI react the same ways, and online play just requires ample amount of times to get good at but still no thinking invovled. Tabletop games are far harder you have to react to another person and the strategies they come up with and they will react differently. You also have to come up with your own stategies to defeat them no computer is gonna tell you exactly what to do.

-DTR

#147524 What Reducer Do I Need?

Posted by DTReaper on 28 March 2008 - 04:30 PM in Modifications

1/2 inch CPVC couplers fit almost perfectly into 1/2 PVC couplers so that is how I get them to combine. Im may just need a bit of sanding but they do fit. If worst comes to worst you can always hammer some CPVC into PVC.

-DTR

#147360 Motorized Buzzsaw Mod

Posted by DTReaper on 27 March 2008 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

Since you have a reciever on it anf its electric couldn't you in theory use it as a trap or something, that would be pretty cool and good job nice first post.

-DTR

#145189 Yes, Another Noob With Nf Problems

Posted by DTReaper on 15 March 2008 - 08:14 AM in Modifications

You could always just rubber band it, it's like a spring relplacement but without all the hassle or permenaancy of it. Also try lubing up your plunger in addition to all the other suggestions.

-DTReaper

#144650 Command And Conquer?

Posted by DTReaper on 10 March 2008 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

I played the origanl and loved it and I have played a few other but they just aren't as good as the origanal to me, true red alert is fairly good but there is no beating the first one. I haven't played the newest one but I want to.

-DTR

#136926 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by DTReaper on 22 January 2008 - 09:16 PM in Homemades

You use three nine volt batteries to trigger the selenoid valve. You could probably bump the PSi up a bit if you wanted. good luck with regluing the valve. a little sloppy on the primer but whatever I used to be almost that bad too or maybe it was that I didnt care.

-DTR

#136203 Bike Pump+ Ball Valve Gun?

Posted by DTReaper on 16 January 2008 - 10:57 PM in Homemades

sweet i have a blown wheel from neighbors bike.

Your all set then, just make sure you get a good seal, sometimes its kinda tricky. Make sure to pile on the plumbers goop or whatever you use, just don't cover the hole in the bottom accidentally, and double check the seal before you solvent weld the gun together.

I would honestly not suggest this I tried it once bad mistake thing leaked like no other and was just a pain in the ass its easier just to shell out like 3-4 dollars and get a set of two pop in stem valves from like walmart. No gluing no muss no fuss over it just drill and pull it through the hole its that easy. Honestly you can do whatever you want but I speak from experiance and its just easier.

-DTR

#135786 Bike Pump+ Ball Valve Gun?

Posted by DTReaper on 13 January 2008 - 12:03 AM in Homemades

Use a schrader valve also known as a tire stem valve to connect the bike pump to the tank its the fastest and easiest way i know. And as Keef said you need a longer barrel to be able to harness the "mass of air" because the long the barrel is the more time you have for the air to be released and push the round out. Other than that good luck fairly simple design all I have to say is don't reduce the barrel too much or you will compromise the power you get much like an air restrictor.

-DTR

#135646 Proplusion, Springs And Psi

Posted by DTReaper on 11 January 2008 - 06:05 PM in General Nerf

You are all forgetting a key factor in the speed of the plunger and that is friction it will slow down the gun since F=MA the speed and weight are important factors to consider when making a spring gun so a lighter yet still strong plunger is a good way to improve ranges in your spring guns. However i agree with basically everything else that they say.

-DTR