BloodMoon's Content

There have been 88 items by BloodMoon (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#71829 Crossfire Mod

Posted by BloodMoon on 28 January 2006 - 09:35 PM in Modifications

I saw a crossfire at TRU today...and I was a little pissed because (unless I'm completely wrong) you can't see the gun, only the box...the actual gun is hidden from view. That's not horribly bad, but I certainly didn't expect it to be that small.

Congratulations on your mod...those are some pretty good ranges. Makes me think that I should try some 17/32" brass with some nitefinders.

Based on your experience with this gun, how workable do you think a spring replacement would be? I have no clue if it would actually work, but I now have 2 'new' nitefinder springs, which at first glance look to be stronger than the spring in your pictures. But I've never replaced a spring on a top-cocking gun, so someone will have to tell me if it's even possible.

#71619 Home Made Crossbow?

Posted by BloodMoon on 24 January 2006 - 09:30 PM in Homemades

I have personally seen these in action, and they are pretty good. He also makes a double crossbow of similar design.

Adam

I found that page a few times googling LARP crossbows (hoping to find homemade crossbow pics or a how-to)...while I've heard from a friend who's seen one that they're very good, I'm still not wanting to pay 130$ for one. For those out there who LARP, it looks like this:
Longsword+Wooden Shield+Leather Armor/Garb= no more than 25$ if you make the stuff yourself (I've made plenty)
OR
Crossbow= $130
LARPing is a 'cheaper' hobby, like nerfing, so paying for a crossbow is kind of a leap (though, if you're in a game that uses more authentic armor, you might be shelling out 250$ for chainmail and stuffs).

As for a homemade crossbow, I think that it would cost only ~10-20$ if you are willing to sacrifice the 'realistic' look for a surgical-tubing-and-PVC incarnation with some brown duct tape. So if you have something like that, or ideas, just PM me.

Again, Admins, I'm not sure about this tangent, especially on a nerfing board. So if you have any problems, speak up, I don't mean to cause trouble.

#71516 Home Made Crossbow?

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 January 2006 - 11:18 PM in Homemades

On the Nerf crossbow idea, I don't think it's too hard. Boltsniper has proved that you can make a homemade springer (the GNS). You can always buy a spring just as heavy as the real nerf Crossbow's. So it shouldn't be too hard. My current quest is seeing how well some reinforced nitefinders hold up with some heavy springs I saw at the hardware store...I'm almost positive that something will snap, and whatever goes first is what I will want to focus on with the complete homemade version.

I have made a crossbow for padded wepons combet before, it has a #25 draw and shoots real bolts that have been padded. Are you wanting to do something like that? If so I can help you out.

I know it's a little off-topic, but I've also been thinking about that. For my game, I'm just using padded homemade arrows on a 30-draw fiberglass bow. If you have a picture of your crossbow I'd love to see it.

#71268 Chronicle Of An F.a.r.

Posted by BloodMoon on 19 January 2006 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

This is the back section of the Upper reciever. There is a front section connected with the T-coupler also. Or I will plastic Epoxy another end to it, for easier cutting and dremeling.

In mine, I'm boring out the two T-couplers to fit over one 27" segment of PVC, and then dremeling out the slots after I've slid the couplers over. I never thought to do it the other way, but sounds good.

As far as the realistic paint jobs, I still like the black color scheme used in all of boltsniper's weapons (that I know of). If you call that a color scheme. I use Krylon Fusion black on most of my weapons. Keep in mind that all of my wars are on private property away from the public, hundreds of feet from any roads even.

#71147 Chronicle Of An F.a.r.

Posted by BloodMoon on 17 January 2006 - 10:54 PM in Homemades

Cool! I'm also just starting my own FAR, though I haven't gotten past the point of no return (as in, I'm not sure right now that I'll get from start to finish with it...if you've ever started a really extensive project, you know the feeling). In my opinion, the more info out there on the FAR, the better. I'm still a little curious about how the mag is held in, as well as how to build the ejector part of the bolt, so I'm really looking forward to your ideas. Sometimes it seems like Boltsniper is just so many miles ahead of me that the FAR looks impossible, so seeing someone more down-to-earth really helps.

I look forward to future entries!

Also, I'm a little confused about this pic you posted:
Posted Image
I kind of see the part that holds back (like you said)...but isn't that just a 'hole' cut out of the Upper Reciever? And isn't the Upper Reciever 27 inches long? Looks a little short...could you explain?

#69976 First Gun?

Posted by BloodMoon on 27 December 2005 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

Supermaxx 2500: The neighbors down the road had parties occasionally, and all of us kids needed something to do. I nerfed quite a bit before I actually bought the gun...another neighborhood kid had quite a large arsenal, from which I used the Ratchet Blast, Eagle Eye, and Bow 'n Arrow.

#69951 Chewbacca's Mauser

Posted by BloodMoon on 27 December 2005 - 12:14 PM in Modifications

I think that it's a nice mod because you really accomplished your goal...making a gun with pistol-like performance have a pistol-like size. I don't think it would have reminded me of a Mauser without you saying so, though, so I think you need to take some more steps if that's what you're after.

#69950 Mark Series Modded Nf

Posted by BloodMoon on 27 December 2005 - 12:11 PM in Modifications

I DO like all-black paintjobs, and I really like the kind of texture that you have on the gun. I often use Krylon Fusion black paint and I wind up with 'shiny' guns, not the dull-black I'm looking for. How'd you do it?

Having a stock on a Nitefinder is a personal choice, so I'll respect yours on that. Putting a scope on a NF as the last poster suggested would be kind of a waste, IMHO. You don't need a scope to shoot 50 feet.

Just another comment, I actually like the rail on top of the new NF's. I'm mildly pissed off that the spring is less strong, but other than that, I like the look of the gun better.

#69895 Dart Tag Mod? Yes I Searched

Posted by BloodMoon on 26 December 2005 - 07:03 PM in Modifications

Put a different way, the 'method' of cocking is not limited. The force is determined by the spring itself, not the mechanism. Admittedly, there are limitations based on the strength of the plastic in the cocking mechanism, but you can always try to reinforce.

Maybe I'm just better at searching (don't know how that's possible, you just type in what you're looking for), but I did find this: Flamebo's Mod

#69053 Question About The Far

Posted by BloodMoon on 11 December 2005 - 07:33 PM in Homemades

I fully agree with NinjZ.
I'm thinking that it would be actually cheaper to buy a springer than to try and get all the parts for building a homemade one.

Also, I'm not sure the FAR is the best place to look for ideas on this. The FAR was designed with bulky foam ammunition in mind, so I don't know how much of Bolt's design is going to be relevant to what you're trying to do. The FAR is a good primer for a project like this, but I think that you're going to have to redesign the magazine system to work with the BB's, which will be no small feat.

#68808 At2k Quad Mod

Posted by BloodMoon on 04 December 2005 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

Well, I have to say that it looks like the barrels could bend or fall off at any moment, but maybe your hot glue is better than mine. I think that I would use epoxy instead, and possibly put a pole of something in the middle just to make sure that they are aligned.

Just one question that I've never really asked. What do you do to get the darts into the back of the barrels? Do you ramrod, or is the fit loose enough that you can just blow them down?

#68673 Crossbow

Posted by BloodMoon on 01 December 2005 - 08:54 PM in General Nerf

The 'someone' that you're refering to probably had a very minimal part in the increase in price, from what I see. It's simple supply/demand theory. Once the seller saw how fast they were going, she would have racheted up the price a notch anyway. The way I see it (though I may or may not be alone here), the person who told her was just being a good neighbor, not doing anything stupid.

#68541 Strongest Adhesive

Posted by BloodMoon on 28 November 2005 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

For that kind of stuff, I use a lot of E6000, but that's mostly because I get tons of it from where I work, not because it's the best. Any superglue based on cyanoacrylate works amazingly well on plastic/PVC materials.

#67665 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by BloodMoon on 14 November 2005 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

I was in a PetCo yesterday and I did find PETG, but it was the same 3/4". I believe that I also have a Petcetra around somewhere, so when I'm over in that direction, I'll check it out.

As far as brass goes, I'd say that if you're new and you have an Ace nearby, that should be the first place you check. Of three Ace stores, I've found brass at all three. That doesn't mean that all Ace's carry it, but it does mean that it's worth checking. Be aware that brass is a relatively uncommon item, so you may have to search the store yourself.

I have never seen brass at Lowes. I haven't been to more than one Lowe's though.

#67658 Nf Mod

Posted by BloodMoon on 14 November 2005 - 10:31 PM in Modifications

Not to hijack your thread, but could some one fill me on on the difference between the 'old' NF's and the EX-3's? I'm considering bying more NF's, and I'm wondering because I have a few spare old NF parts that I could probably use in an EX-3 (spring, plunger head).

It's a solid mod. It's a lot like what I wound up doing for my very first mod. What I can tell you about ranges on the NF CPVC mod is that you'll get very different results depending on your stefans.

Thanks, Uncle Hammer. I guess I'll also be buying a whole bunch of 'old' NF's if there are still any lying around on shelves somewheres.

#67615 The Soloution To Glue Dillema

Posted by BloodMoon on 13 November 2005 - 10:07 PM in Modifications

That's good to know. Usually when I use hotglue, I'm setting up for using Epoxy or some stuff I use called E-6000.

#67496 1" 200 Psi Pvc

Posted by BloodMoon on 11 November 2005 - 10:43 PM in Homemades

I live near two Home Depots. For the things they carry, they usually have the cheapest prices, so I usually check there first. However, niether of the ones I live near carry thin-wall pipe (believe me, I spend hours in those places). My local Ace Hardware doesn't carry thin-wall, and they generally have more expensive prices (being a locally-owned store), though I love them because they carry the majority of the items I use.

As for the places that DO carry the pipe, Lowes is a haul for me, but they carry more types of PVC than anywhere else I've been to, thin-wall included. I get most of my thin-wall from a locally-owned store called Wentworth Lumber Yard. Just see what kind of places in your area.

#67248 New Google Group:nerf Guns

Posted by BloodMoon on 06 November 2005 - 07:50 PM in General Nerf

Two things. First, having a Google group probably won't do anything dramatic. Second, more nerfers isn't a bad thing. Second, I'd have to agree with Doom in saying that 'the underground' is a moronic cliche. More nerfers is always a good thing.

#67168 Bolts New Pistol

Posted by BloodMoon on 05 November 2005 - 07:59 PM in General Nerf

Well, I suppose that you could do it as pictured supposing that the bolt and the barrel were the same piece, as in a breech. You'd just have to pull the barrel out and push it back in to load the next dart. Not as nice as a breech handle, but you could build it more along the perportions pictured.

#67163 Bolts New Pistol

Posted by BloodMoon on 05 November 2005 - 05:46 PM in General Nerf

Well, in that case, I see no reason why it wouldn't work. You're combining a proven clip design with a working pistol. If the aesthetic work is as clean as it is on Boltsniper's homemades, it may well turn out to be the best looking nerf weapon that I have ever seen.

#67077 Size Of Pvc For Homemade Gun

Posted by BloodMoon on 03 November 2005 - 07:01 PM in Homemades

Here's a chart.

I measured some 1", and that chart seems about right, so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that the chart is correct for the rest of the pipe sizes.

Unfortunately, it doesn't list ID's and OD's for thin wall PVC (for example, 230 PSI 3/4" PVC or 200 PSI 1" PVC), which you may want in your design.

#66771 Dart Tag Firestrike In Stores!

Posted by BloodMoon on 29 October 2005 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Would they allow you to buy one? Baghead said he saw them in his Wal Mart, but he couldn't buy them because they were 'recalled'. If they do let people buy them, that sounds like a pretty good deal.

#66764 Tagger Mods?

Posted by BloodMoon on 29 October 2005 - 04:47 PM in Modifications

If this gun is anything like the Maverick or Firefly, I'd agree that doing a barrel mod is more of a pain than it's worth. You might want to check out Flamebo's Mod right here.

#66763 The Firefly, How Do We Modify This Monster...

Posted by BloodMoon on 29 October 2005 - 04:41 PM in Modifications

Because I'm feeling nice:
the Renegade FireFly Mod

#66712 Styling Glue Help

Posted by BloodMoon on 28 October 2005 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

For any kind of 'styling', I just keep an ice cube handy. Because I'd rather not burn myself on something like that.

#66671 Boltsniper Gns Pistol For Sale

Posted by BloodMoon on 27 October 2005 - 09:08 PM in Homemades

I took a break from it and brainstormed a new homemade that's gonna kick ass.

Darn...my GNS will be obsolete before I even get the rest of the parts to build it.

Not only does the GNS look awesome, the ranges are great, with an edge over Nerf's current-generation pistols.

Can't wait to see schmatics for the GNS parts as well as pics of the new gun. I can tell you that in my community alone, there are plenty of people hanging on every word you post, Boltsniper.

#66618 Barrel Selection

Posted by BloodMoon on 26 October 2005 - 07:42 PM in Modifications

Copper is usually a VERY loose fit for micros, so I wouldn't ever use it on a spring gun. I've seen copper used on air guns that have a very large air volume, but personally I find that brass works better for both spring and air guns.

#66518 Barrel Selection

Posted by BloodMoon on 24 October 2005 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Well, using 1/2" Sch. 40 PVC for 1/2" diameter micro stefans won't give you good results at all. The 1/2" PVC has a 5/8" inner diameter, which is only good for mega stefans. So if you're choosing between PVC and CPVC for micros, you really only have one choice, and that is CPVC.

If you can't get brass, that I can assume that you also can't get PETG. The other barrel materials to consider are Sch. 80 PVC (haven't used this, but some people claim it works) and Crayolas. Crayolas might be a good, slightly less constricted alternative to CVPC for your guns.

In general, if you have a spring gun (or any gun with a high air volume / slow air delivery), you will benefit from a constriction.

#66515 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by BloodMoon on 24 October 2005 - 05:52 PM in Homemades

post was full of information that turned out to be incorrect...skip down a few posts and read Bolt's own post.

#66430 Soldat!

Posted by BloodMoon on 23 October 2005 - 04:08 PM in Off Topic

I did actually play that, for all of about a week. It was fun because you could install in about 20 seconds and then have LAN games. I also made a few guns and a couple of animations for it, it's rediculously easy. But the game doesn't have tons of depth or anything, so unless you're just up for killing time with friends (and don't want to nerf), it's nothing Effeminate.

#66429 New Silencer

Posted by BloodMoon on 23 October 2005 - 04:05 PM in Homemades

Well, I don't think that silencers do anything practical for you in a war, but they do silence the 'pop' of the air coming out of the gun a little bit.

#66428 Nf Barrels?

Posted by BloodMoon on 23 October 2005 - 04:00 PM in Modifications

When I did my second NF, brass inside 9/16" PVC, I actually did remove that whole piece and the thing worked quite well.

Just to sum it up though, make sure you have a Brass, PETG, Crayola, or CPVC barrel for the 1/2" FBR that you are going to buy.

#66427 New Home Made Darts

Posted by BloodMoon on 23 October 2005 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

I know some people who have darts like that, but in the end, Stefans are cheaper like you mentioned. Much cheaper...they're about $.01 or $.02 per dart the way I make them, which is pretty standard.

#66426 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by BloodMoon on 23 October 2005 - 03:54 PM in Modifications

5/16" OD and 3/16" ID. Got it at Ace Hardware for something like $.19 a foot.

#66360 Favorite Energy Drink?

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 October 2005 - 10:25 PM in Off Topic

I don't really go for energy drinks, but in place of that I go through a crapload of Coffee and Green Tea.

Redbull...ugh. It's just aweful.

#66359 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 October 2005 - 10:22 PM in Modifications

Nice integretion but the pump should be where the barrelis of the sm1500, and the barrel should come out the top hole where the original Xbow's barrel was.

Uhh, then where would the crossbow's barrel be??

Here's a pic of my LBB, though I already posted the pic in some other thread:
Posted Image

#66358 Springs

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 October 2005 - 10:18 PM in Modifications

I haven't actually opened up a Firefly, but the mech seems enough like the Maverick's that I'd be scared to add a more powerful spring without a really good idea of how to reinforce the thing ahead of time.

In what section of your hardware stores do you find the springs?

For all of the hardware stores I've been in, there's been a wall of springs somewhere. Just ask someone who works there...unlike some items (like brass), springs are really common, and the people working at your hardware store should know where they are. As far as the three stores nearest to me, however, I've been unable to find any good springs for use in cocking guns, so I'm going to try to get ahold of some AR15 springs, as per Boltsniper's Homemades.

#66357 Airtech 3k Tubing Blown!

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 October 2005 - 10:12 PM in Modifications

I have used vinyl and hot glue and it worked fine, considering that the ID of the tubing was the same as the original tubing (so that it fit on fine and made an airtight seal without hotglue). I used hot glue to keep it in place. I have some pics in case they're helpful (yes, I know that the gun is ugly as sin, yes, I know that couplermodding a 3k is dumb).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66354 New Silencer

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 October 2005 - 09:56 PM in Homemades

I'll probably get around to making a silencer on a day when I just feel like drilling holes in stuff.

Just a question on the function of your silencer...I'm assuming that the noise reduction is really only an issue for pump guns, seeing as in a spring gun the sound of the spring colliding with the end of the plunger tube is louder than the dart firing (though I may be wrong)?

#66353 Home Made Bolt Action

Posted by BloodMoon on 22 October 2005 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

Well, I don't live in Canada, never mind Toronto, so I can't help you there. I get my brass at Ace Hardware for about $3.25 a foot (9/16 OD), but I hear that you can order online, and it may be cheaper. In case you haven't heard enough about brass, the final thing I can say is that Brass comes in all sizes down to 1/32 of an inch. It's VERY helpful to walk into Ace with a dart or some material and just check all the sizes of brass until you get to the one that fits.

Also, as a new person to Homemades (who is trying to get all the information he can), I'd like to see a list of the other materials you'll be using to make your bolt-action rifle.