nerfisfun's Content

There have been 85 items by nerfisfun (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#67035 Rf20 Mod

Posted by nerfisfun on 02 November 2005 - 08:58 PM in Modifications

well i like to live life on the edge

You won't be living long then :( .
Yeah, have you actually tried it? Even I know that if you manage that, you can say good-bye RF20.

#67033 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfisfun on 02 November 2005 - 08:31 PM in Modifications

Haha, I replaced the PVC with a crayola
I edited te pic, haha, it makes a staement. (I don't mean it :( )
Posted Image

#66880 Happy Halloween

Posted by nerfisfun on 31 October 2005 - 08:34 PM in Off Topic

I didn't go, I've grown out of it, I tried to make my mom give me 20$ to go to my sister, she said no, so I said no. I have a pumpkin, Didn't carve it though ;) .
I locked myself in my room haha, no, my room doesn't have a lock, I was crayola barreling my AT2K My mom shot me from point blank, it left a welt :cry:

#66776 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by nerfisfun on 29 October 2005 - 09:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

I found that making Megas is way easier then making micros, it took me approx 4 hours to make 2 packs worth, Appox. 2 hours per package, Megas take me 10-20 minutes for 1 pack, a fourty minute difference, but Micros fit into stock barrels with the removal of pegs.

#66773 Raleigh, Nc

Posted by nerfisfun on 29 October 2005 - 08:41 PM in Nerf Wars

...are you older than twelve, and do you posses an IQ that is above room-tempature?

Oh, yeah, I just barely meet the qualifications! (IF the room is below 150)

#66768 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 29 October 2005 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

Yeah, looks like your stefans aren't the right size. From what I can tell from your pics, your darts look like micros, and your barrel looks like a mega/bigger-than-mega/in-between-micro-and-mega barrel. If you can, try this and tell me the results:

Step 1. Put a dart into your barrel. How hard was it to put your stefan in? Did you have to cram it into your barrel? Did it fall to the back of your barrel without you pushing it in?

Step 2. Once your dart is inserted into your barrel, point your gun so it's point as if you were firing at the ground. Did your dart fall out? If not, shake, rattle, and roll your gun. Has it fallen out?

Step 3. Measure the length of your barrel. If it's over 4 inches, it's two long for a sidearm of the NF's power, and thus decreasing range by creating excess friction.

Thanks, I went to Canadian Tire and found some 1/2 inch, so I bought them out of it. (and by that I mean 2) Answers:
Megas
1. Won't fit in

3. Yes, It's 3.5 inches
Micros.
1. Took a little effort, not much

2.Won't fall out

#66728 Styling Glue Help

Posted by nerfisfun on 28 October 2005 - 07:19 PM in Modifications

For any kind of 'styling', I just keep an ice cube handy. Because I'd rather not burn myself on something like that.

I second that, ice is perfect for styling, just make sure you do it right, or you;ll be left with... something that you don't want.

#66727 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 28 October 2005 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

You are gluing/epoxying your barrels in place, right? I'm asking because I can't see how you're able to replace your barrel with the stock one unless you have two air restrictor disks. Never use only tape for a barrel mod, it doesn't work very well.

Your sefans do fit, right? If it's a snug fit, but you don't have to smash your darts in, it's a good fit.

Other than those two problems, I don't see how you could possibly get those ranges from a NF, unless your plunger chamber has a giant hole in it (I think you would notice that).

Of course I'm glueing, but when I didn't, it shot the barel further, that was funny. I'm going to run to Rona tomoorow or some time, to look for 1/2 FBR.

#66721 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfisfun on 28 October 2005 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

May be a little off topic, but look at my find!
Assorted Gliter glue sticks for srefans. I ( and by I, I mean my mom) found them at Michaels (SP?)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
WOW, My 2$ digital camera sucks. :nugget:

#66633 Barrel Selection

Posted by nerfisfun on 26 October 2005 - 09:20 PM in Modifications

Nonono, don't glue the pvc just to the end of the stock barrel. Open up the NF, as shown in the mod, and glue the pvc directly to the plunger tube, as shown with PETG in the mod. You'll need to sand/cut your case down a bit to have the pvc fit, but it will.

I go to ACE Hardware for my FBR.

~ompa

The next-best thing Canada has is RONA, so will that work? I just tried glueing th PVC to the barrel because the other mod didn't work. I sanded it and it fits, but it shoots 0.653 feet.

#66631 Barrel Selection

Posted by nerfisfun on 26 October 2005 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

Oh Okay, it's just a problem that I can only find the FBR for megas, thus maiking the only material I can currently use PVC, what store do you guys buy your 1/2 FBR at? If I can get sime, I will use NijZ's advice and take my darts out and try them on the Copper, and other things. Yes I am easily influanced and I got confused, but I still thank you guys for trying to help. (and you did, no mistake)
With my 40 (I think) PVC And Mega stefans I tried the barrel mod, I tried glueing PVC to the Orginal barrel, I took out that stupid pole, so I'll try to find some 1/2 FBR

#66626 Barrel Selection

Posted by nerfisfun on 26 October 2005 - 08:44 PM in Modifications

If you remove the air restrictors, I'd say ANY fitting barrel material will increase your range.
~ompa

except for pvc 80 (or 40) right?

#66621 Barrel Selection

Posted by nerfisfun on 26 October 2005 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

Brass is usually a VERY loose fit for micros, so I wouldn't ever use it on a spring gun.  I've seen copper used on air guns that have a very large air volume, but personally I find that brass works better for both spring and air guns.

So, if I use copper will it still fire just as far as a stock New school NF? It doesn't need to shoot further, just shoot stefans.

#66620 Nstrike Poll

Posted by nerfisfun on 26 October 2005 - 08:10 PM in General Nerf

I nearly had to pump out my lungs as the soda went out my nose.

-Piney-

We need a warning sign that states:

WARNING: Reading this forum may cause you to wet yourself in laughter, also make sure you are not eating or drinking as you may choke to death from all the "Damned n00bs" posts.

#66615 Barrel Selection

Posted by nerfisfun on 26 October 2005 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

Would have inch Copper work just as well as brass?

#66575 Nstrike Poll

Posted by nerfisfun on 25 October 2005 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

Your account will not be functional until Mar 11 2033, 07:11 PM (depending on your timezone). This is an automated process and you do not need to do anything to expediate the unsuspension process.

I don't mean to make anyone mad (I don't know how this would)
If this board is still up in 2033, will those banned be allowed to come back and post? I mean you're only suspending them for 9999 days, I've been wondering this, and I just had to ask, sorry if I sound like a n00b, but you all know me as the forum n00b so, yeah. Oh cool, like my sig? or should I take it off? I had to cut the the sweetest-juiciest parts to make it fit (darn!)

#66568 College Football

Posted by nerfisfun on 25 October 2005 - 06:02 PM in Off Topic

My team is Michigan U, they aren't the greatest, but, THAY BEAT MSU!

#66499 Happy Birthday Groove

Posted by nerfisfun on 24 October 2005 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Happy birthday Groove, it was freezing here as well. Well Happy birthday anyways!

#66461 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 08:59 PM in Off Topic

snip
We should all shoot you in the eye and the stomach for posting in this YEAR old topic.

actually it's 2, I should shoot you in the eye from point blank for posting in this two year old topic

#66451 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

When I did my second NF, brass inside 9/16" PVC, I actually did remove that whole piece and the thing worked quite well.

Just to sum it up though, make sure you have a Brass, PETG, Crayola, or CPVC barrel for the 1/2" FBR that you are going to buy.

I'm going to try my mod again, but I was making stefans and ran out of hot glue! <_< figures, I bought more stefans, and they seem to be bigger then the ones you guys have, If I bought 9.14 would it fit in my PVC barrel? Well I know it would fit, but would It get a good enough shot off to actually shoot more then 30 feet?
The mod didn't work, it got an average of about one foot, after misfiring 3 times, and yet my nf, STILL survives and after taking out the barrel and putting the refular barrel in, it still shoots! yes it's airtight, yes i followed the mod exactly I used PVC so... WHAT"S WRONG?

#66425 My War Deemed: The Fight For Eternal Glory

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 03:29 PM in Nerf Wars

It might help to tell us where the war is.

I just want to know what to do to make it more appealing to my non-nerfing friends, it's my first war that I'm hosting, so I don't want like 16 people there, plus the park is Uber-small. I should've said it in my inittial post, ZING!

#66423 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

The one the pole was attached too.
I thought you meant you scrapped the whole thing.

Nope, Ok that's good so them stefans will work fine right?

#66420 My War Deemed: The Fight For Eternal Glory

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 03:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Pushed back to Nov. 5 I kind of double posted to restore life to this thread.

You know why? Because a kid in my class GOT 81% ON HIS SCIENCE TEST. Since we only have 4 people we need everyone there, plus now this other kid can come.

#66418 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

You need to pop the pole thing out.

You need that disk.

I said I popped the pole, I was just showing which pole I meant. What disk?

#66415 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 02:45 PM in Modifications

I'm just going to go out and but some 1/2 inch FBR I removed that stupid pole that nerf put in JUST to annoy people. It should fit, right? I mean this: Posted Image

#66411 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

You know, now that mention it I don't know, you tell me:Posted Image
The weird grey dot in the corner is a stefan
Posted Image
You mean like this? Posted Image
Ya it's an AT2k I just placed the stefan on it because... I felt like it, shut up!

#66407 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 01:59 PM in Modifications

Pvc works fine. You did it wrong.

Might you care to elaborate?

#66400 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

I would go with brass personaly, or a crayola barrel. The brass is easy to cut if you have a fine tooth hack saw.

Really? Wow okay thanks, I have a war on saturday and I have to supply 3/4 of the guns, so I don't want to lose all my nerf darts, (that means the official 5$ nerf darts) I thought it would be really tough. I know how hard it can be to drill into metal, drill, lubricate, lubricate, lubricate, drill, lubricate, lubricate, lubricate ect) okay so that'l make it fire stefans fine? I show you what I did, I'll just go open my NF and take pics.
See how I snipped the tip of the barrel off?
Posted Image

And I glued on the PVC:
Posted Image
then I stuck it back together and NOTHING

#66397 Nf Barrels?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 01:31 PM in Modifications

Yeah, here come the flames I know, but... I modded my NF by putting PVC on the end of the barrel and it didn't work, I mean it didn't shoot stefans at all. I guess PVC doesn't work for spring guns? Well anyway, I want to know the cheapest material that will work for it, I've heard brass but won't that be really hard to cut?

PS: YES I searched, but my searches have been faulted before, I also looked back to about January and nothing.

#66394 Angered Customer

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

You've maid my day Infinite Shindig that would be hilarious, dig a tunnel between our houses, then sell the mav and NF for 20$ here.... Good Idea... I also make road trips, that's the only time I buy any guns. (Mav, nf, at2k, FF)

#66381 Favorite Energy Drink?

Posted by nerfisfun on 23 October 2005 - 08:47 AM in Off Topic

Seeing as I've decided to buy an AT2K for 5 bucks instead of a 5$ red bull, My fav. is gatorade (seeing as it's the only suff I've drank)

#66339 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfisfun on 22 October 2005 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Your barrels look slightly crooked.

It is, it has to be to fit in, I'm working on a scope (Mainly a 1 inch pvc glued on the barrel
here they are: finished, but not dry: Posted Image
and red one: Posted Image

#66331 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by nerfisfun on 22 October 2005 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

*CLick* Posted Image*
*CLick*Posted Image
the blue ones barrel isn't going to be mustard yellow in the end, I'm letting it dry right now.
The scopes:
Posted Image

zebra black n' white now: Posted Image

#66323 Angered Customer

Posted by nerfisfun on 22 October 2005 - 03:32 PM in General Nerf

No they won't I've tried in the past, they wont ship from ye A -mar-e-ka

#66314 N Strike Unity

Posted by nerfisfun on 22 October 2005 - 11:14 AM in General Nerf

But you had a choice, and you enjoy reading the word asshat. It always makes ME laugh. But thats still a good point. HA HA asshat. ( Refering to the word, not you.)
For the below: You used the word to so, you're breaking your own rule. Whatever, I won't use it often, but that really deserved to have "that word" used. For the above logic, if your spreading it out like that, you can also multiply the other 27 (ya small school) people who had to wait, 10x 27= 270, so about 4.5 hours (if my math is correct)

#66272 Angered Customer

Posted by nerfisfun on 21 October 2005 - 08:27 PM in General Nerf

Whoah, adminage? Sorry, I don't want to be 0.0

#66264 My War Deemed: The Fight For Eternal Glory

Posted by nerfisfun on 21 October 2005 - 05:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi, me and 3 of my friends will be getting together for a nerf war, the area we'll be playing in is kinda small, it has a jungle jim and a forest+ a road, so are they're any ways to be making it better? Also what are some games I can play? AND they're are going to be stock guns, and stefan shooting guns so there will be issues there, any suggestions/help? CLICK I painted all my 100 darts' tips pink and orange (my friend geta the pink ones :P) thanks captain suave
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image more: Posted Image if you were drunk: Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#66253 Buzz Bee Guns

Posted by nerfisfun on 21 October 2005 - 03:52 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, it gets a semi-decent 30 feet, the barrels aren't automatic AND you can get 2 tek 10's and two tek 6's for 10$ Canadian at Wal*Mart
I shot it flat
I also got 19 feet with the tek 6's flat in-case you're interested.

#66252 Angered Customer

Posted by nerfisfun on 21 October 2005 - 03:50 PM in General Nerf

Even if you WERE right, why would I want to move away from my family and friends, I love them. But that extra 20 cents on a dollar IS tempting, maybe I should go buy a beach house in Florida *Imagines (8)wasting away again in margaritaville du du du du...(8) wha?! well disney is, I'll live in the keys, OR I could just live in Canada.

#66249 Nstrike Poll

Posted by nerfisfun on 21 October 2005 - 03:39 PM in General Nerf

Swingline model 67 electric staplers are cool.

Excuse my n00bness, but what are electric staplers and what do they have to do with N-strike?