Alexlebrit's Content

There have been 8 items by Alexlebrit (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#81960 Rotary Breech?

Posted by Alexlebrit on 17 May 2006 - 02:00 PM in Homemades

I've actually built one of these, but using BB's not darts (shhhhhh) and unregulated CO2. For spehrical hard ammunition it works great, the rotatling breech also acts as your firing valve as your projectile can only be fired when the breech is fully open. Prior to that it's blocked from moving and so no air escapes. As a BB Machine gun it's very effecient, and of course you can adjust the rate of fire with a speed controller.

HOWEVER. I'm not using any form of cartridge so don't need to eject anything, I'm using small, round hard ammo. I'm not totally certain you could get this to work simply with a cartridge as there's a very strong risk of jamming on the loading or ejection cycles. Don't forget even the HK is caseless.

#80641 Syringe Popgun

Posted by Alexlebrit on 23 April 2006 - 09:12 AM in Homemades

On the subjest of lubbing the plunger head, can I recommend KY-Jelly or similar. Ok so you've got to go into the pharmacy and ask for a syringe and some water-based lubricant jelly, and this might get you some funny looks (ask for condoms while you're in there, get all the embarressment over in one go), but it really works as a syringe lube, and won't cause any plunger head damage.

#70025 Belt Fed, Pneumatic Cannon

Posted by Alexlebrit on 28 December 2005 - 09:51 AM in Homemades

In general I'd say I was anti-plans too, could I suggest instead you give the full post on Spudtech a good read, and if you've got sensible questions to ask them there? Like I said I had no hand at all in this thing, I just saw it on Spudtech and thought that you guys might be able to think use it as a basis for a nerf belt fed gun. I doubt there'll ever be plans for it though as Plow has said it's still in development. But who knows perhaps someone here wil take it to the next level?

#69703 Belt Fed, Pneumatic Cannon

Posted by Alexlebrit on 22 December 2005 - 12:05 PM in Homemades

I can't claim I made this because I didn't, but I thought I should point you guys in the direction of the latest greatest spudgun from Mr Plow on the Spudtech forums.

I actually post there a lot more, but there are often some commonalities between spudguns and nerfguns, and this looked like something that with a bit of tweeking could be a great nerfgun too. So here it is, and like I say, I wish I'd built it.

Cybelt APG

Posted Image

#66223 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by Alexlebrit on 21 October 2005 - 10:25 AM in Homemades

To do the 3 plates for the ebay guns I cut them out on the band saw my father has.  Definitiely the quickest way.  I used a Dremel before because it's all I have at my apartment.  It was worth the trip to for 3 to save the time. 

You probably could do it with a hacksaw and a vise.  To do the slot you could just drill a lin of holes and file out whats left over.

Is there any reason not to use brass for this component? The great thing about brass is that it's soft to work with, and because it's self lubricating your saws, drills and files don't jam as much as aluminium or steel.

#66222 Home Made Bolt Action

Posted by Alexlebrit on 21 October 2005 - 10:23 AM in Homemades

The other advantage of brass sliding inside brass is that it's self lubricating, which means you can get much greater tolerances and avoid jams. This in turn makes sealing things easier.

Don't be scared of brass it's a lovely material to work with, and because it's quite soft you can use hand tools a lot of the time.

#65992 Looking For New Prop

Posted by Alexlebrit on 17 October 2005 - 10:17 AM in Homemades

You could make one, the simplest would just need a piece of PVC pipe for the barrel and magazine, a T, 2 endcaps and a CO2 tyre inflator.

Posted Image
  • Put the barrel in one of the side branches of the T
  • Remove the screw on cap from the front of the CO2 inflator (where it fits onto the valve)
  • Drill a small hole in the end cap the diameter of the now exposed thread
  • Push the threaded part through the end cap and screw the cap back on holding the inflator in place.
  • Cut a piece of tubing to the length you want for the magazine and fit this into the bottom part of the T - fit the end cap.
  • Turn the whole lot upside-down so that the magazine is at the top and fit your end cap with CO2 inflator so that this hangs down.
  • To load with pingpong balls turn the gun so that the magazine points downwards and roll the pingpong balls down the barrel so they drop into the magazine.
  • To fire just turn it the right way up and squeeze the inflator's trigger.
You'll need to keep the muzzle pointing up at all times to stop the pingpong balls from rolling out but as a basic ping pong ball launcher it's OK.

You could of course pimp the thing with O-rings, grips etc but if all you want is a way to launch balls over the heads of a crowd this will do fine.

#65988 Grammaton Cleric's Sidearm

Posted by Alexlebrit on 17 October 2005 - 09:24 AM in Homemades

One way to get a clip in a small pistol shaped springer would be to have an over under design with the piston travelling back towards the firer and a U bend into the barrel, a bit like some of the old webley airpistols.

Also you'd get a "recoil" effect when the piston hit the end of the air chamber.

You're cocking handle would be at the front though.

PS: What news on the planned bullpup on your site? Another case for an over under spring piston gun I reckon.