- → Alexlebrit's Content
There have been 8 items by Alexlebrit (Search limited from 31-August 93)
HOWEVER. I'm not using any form of cartridge so don't need to eject anything, I'm using small, round hard ammo. I'm not totally certain you could get this to work simply with a cartridge as there's a very strong risk of jamming on the loading or ejection cycles. Don't forget even the HK is caseless.
I actually post there a lot more, but there are often some commonalities between spudguns and nerfguns, and this looked like something that with a bit of tweeking could be a great nerfgun too. So here it is, and like I say, I wish I'd built it.
To do the 3 plates for the ebay guns I cut them out on the band saw my father has. Definitiely the quickest way. I used a Dremel before because it's all I have at my apartment. It was worth the trip to for 3 to save the time.
You probably could do it with a hacksaw and a vise. To do the slot you could just drill a lin of holes and file out whats left over.
Is there any reason not to use brass for this component? The great thing about brass is that it's soft to work with, and because it's self lubricating your saws, drills and files don't jam as much as aluminium or steel.
Don't be scared of brass it's a lovely material to work with, and because it's quite soft you can use hand tools a lot of the time.
- Put the barrel in one of the side branches of the T
- Remove the screw on cap from the front of the CO2 inflator (where it fits onto the valve)
- Drill a small hole in the end cap the diameter of the now exposed thread
- Push the threaded part through the end cap and screw the cap back on holding the inflator in place.
- Cut a piece of tubing to the length you want for the magazine and fit this into the bottom part of the T - fit the end cap.
- Turn the whole lot upside-down so that the magazine is at the top and fit your end cap with CO2 inflator so that this hangs down.
- To load with pingpong balls turn the gun so that the magazine points downwards and roll the pingpong balls down the barrel so they drop into the magazine.
- To fire just turn it the right way up and squeeze the inflator's trigger.
You could of course pimp the thing with O-rings, grips etc but if all you want is a way to launch balls over the heads of a crowd this will do fine.
Also you'd get a "recoil" effect when the piston hit the end of the air chamber.
You're cocking handle would be at the front though.
PS: What news on the planned bullpup on your site? Another case for an over under spring piston gun I reckon.