Ecks's Content

There have been 4 items by Ecks (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#3800 The Unlimate Nerf Arena

Posted by Ecks on 22 April 2003 - 12:18 PM in General Nerf

Damn, some of these replies are horrible. I'd nerf in a gigantic underground complex! I'd nerf in a building that's still under construction! Well, the under-construction building might not be so bad so long as the police don't find out, and you're not dumbass enough to injure yourself.

Look, it's simple. If you wanna talk impossible dreams, then I can cook thousands up. Hell, take a look at almost any Quake/UT/"Your Game Here" level, and it would probably make a bitchin' place to Nerf.

If you wanna talk REALITY, then any good park will do ya'. Seriously, sometimes the ideal places to Nerf are right in front of you.

#3605 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Ecks on 18 April 2003 - 12:57 AM in General Nerf

Tedman...yeah, wouldn't doubt he joined the Service and started killin' things.

Felspar? He's doin' well up in Canada. I talk to him occasionally...check out his site, ipaterson.ca. It's not bad, for a personal rantspace.

And, cxwq:
Don't get me wrong, man, the site rocks. I'm totally into the layout, and I'm speculating marvelously into how the backend code looks. PHP/mySQL? Perl/Flatfile like Hal's system? (I'd jack his code in a SECOND if it didn't bruise my pride so. ;) ) And the content delivers in a way I thoroughly enjoy. If my fiancee were not right here, I might even say it turns me on.

I'm not certain what it was about the listserv...it just seemed a little more close-knit. Here's the opinion and general banter of what was then just a group of guys that liked to Nerf, delivered fresh to my inbox whenever I decided to check. I'll never forget the feeling of sitting in front of my computer over summer break, waiting impatiently for AOL to download the 300 or so new emails, 283 of which were from cent.org.

So I suppose it'd be just that feeling. The Forums here provide the same content, basically, aside from a few refreshingly new faces.

That, and we were a lot stricter on our newbies in the day. ;) Hell, I remember catchin' the smackdown when I backtalked Vacc when I first joined up. They don't make verbal assrapings like that no'mo, nosireebob.

#3557 Ohio Nerfers.

Posted by Ecks on 16 April 2003 - 11:03 PM in General Nerf

I've been in columbus all my life.

Don't Nerf to much any more, but I could go for some.

Just not with you guys. :P

#3546 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Ecks on 16 April 2003 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

Has anyone heard from Code recently? For that matter, any of the old nerflist members who fell out of the community?

As for why this is my first post, even though I registered when this site was in it's early creation, I haven't touched my nerf guns for a while... hell, I haven't even unpacked my nerf guns since I moved to Texas, and that was about 6 months ago. I've been in Texas for half a year... Damn...

I suppose if there was an Armageddon or something, I'd manage to fly myself out there and proceed to suck worse than I had ever sucked previously.

Maybe I'll become active again... the disease that is online forums is back into my system, so who knows...

Code? Damn, that's a name I ain't heard in so long it hurts. Hell, I remember when Code and Hal formed the..hell, I don't remember what they called their little organization, but it sent out newsletters, failed miserably, and was the genesis of NerfOnline, if I recall correctly.

I think this'll end up being my second post here...I too haven't touched my guns in at least a year, and I just don't get the same satisfaction from a web-based forum system than I did from the listserver.

Still, nice site you guys've built! Sorry I interrupted a good swath of "Goo's Mom" jokes! :P