Apollo256's Content

There have been 96 items by Apollo256 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#362918 Armageddon XIX: SoCal's Largest NIC War (6/23/18)

Posted by Apollo256 on 14 April 2018 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I shall be attending.

#362917 'Geddon Warm up War (5/12/18)

Posted by Apollo256 on 14 April 2018 - 04:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I shall be there of course.

#361857 C.A.N.D.Y. SoCal costume war

Posted by Apollo256 on 26 October 2017 - 10:41 AM in Nerf Wars

Filming is perfectly fine.

#361618 C.A.N.D.Y. SoCal costume war

Posted by Apollo256 on 18 September 2017 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

C - an

A - ll

N - erfers

D - escribe

Y - esterday

When: Oct 28th 10am - 4:30ish pm

Where:
Ole Hammer Park
440 N. Live Oak Ave
Glendora, CA 91741

-YOU DON'T NEED TO WEAR A COSTUME. If you show up with one, however, you will be eligible to win some goofy prizes. 

-Remember to consider how "nerf-friendly" your costume is if you plan on playing in it.

-There will be prizes for costumes. Who will win the coveted SQUIDBOAT trophy for 'best costume'? There could be other winners, but only if enough people show up in costume.

-Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, a costume if you want, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude. 

-standard socal rules apply.

Got questions? post 'em here. 

#358510 [CA]OUTOFBOX lite mod war

Posted by Apollo256 on 11 March 2017 - 05:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Let's not all go crazy.

These rules are how they are because we have had no reason to change them in the 4 - 5 years that the annual event has happened.

Yes soldering and rewiring would be an on site process and would require some dedication to get done.

For the most part we have had a huge minority in the flywheel blaster department, but we don't want to exclude those who prefer to use them in a stock or semi-stock environment.

I don't want this thread to get derailed into a discussion on what would or would not make sense fora war like this so if you have any further concerns about blasters or anything else please feel free to pm me.

Thanks.

#358421 [CA]OUTOFBOX lite mod war

Posted by Apollo256 on 06 March 2017 - 05:52 PM in Nerf Wars

O - utsiders 

U -  nder

T -  raining

O -  btusley

F -  ace

B -  eing

O -  ver

eX - emplified 

Yep... Its that time of year where we at S.C.U.N. hold our annual NIB/Stock/"Low-Tech on-the-spot Modding" Event. Yes, this is a "Stock Event" similar to a N.I.B. war but not quite as strictly aimed at using a brand new blaster, as it is going back to a time where you couldn't "science" a nerf gun beyond "slap a crayola marker on it"

Like every Stock War We've done, there will be about a half hour of “Field Modding Time” using the most “basic” of nerf modding supplies:

• Hand tools like Screwdrivers, small hacksaws, pliers, wire cutters, x-acto knives or boxcutters, leatherman tool, hand drills, etc.
  • Electrical Tape/Duct Tape etc
  • Most Adhesives (includes Epoxy Putty, Super Glue, Plumber's Goop)
  • Rubber Bands/Mini bungee
  • Crayola Barrels or similar objects.
  • a 2k Pump tube is an acceptable way to mod something for Arrows.
  • Electronic mods to flywheel guns are allowed, this ranges from basic higher voltage batteries all the way to full motor replacement.

NO PVC or other Pipe/Tubing WILL BE ALLOWED.

Naturally, there will still be some safety bans, IE no making titans shoot micros. But pretty much anything else is fair game. Bring as many or as few blasters as you'd like, by leaving the ammo stock, we should have a fairly level playing field whatever you bring. Also you're allowed to bring any blasters that are already modded to these specifications, be it because you did it for one of the previous stock wars, or felt like modding in advance.

NOTE: If you want to make sure you have maximum recovery of your own stock ammo do something to CLEARLY IDENTIFY IT AS YOURS  I.E. Baghead uses neon pink marking stickers on his Vortex Discs and neon Pink sharpie dots on his Rival Balls. 

We'll start this earlier than usual, so that modding time doesn't cut too much into our playing time, so try to show up by 9:30 AM

The Date is SET as March 25th

21601 Snow Creek Dr

Walnut, CA 91789

https://www.google.c...7.8378133?hl=en

Unlike our previous location for this annual event we don't have a conveniently located pizza place... but we do have several shops/restaurants surprisingly close to the location so I suggest you bring monies and or food and have everything you need to stay well hydrated. Hope to see you guys there.

#356168 T.R.I.C.K.S. Southern California costume war

Posted by Apollo256 on 08 October 2016 - 06:10 PM in Nerf Wars

T - ry

R - emembering

I - f

C - alifornia

K - eeps

S - urprises

When: October 22nd 10am - 4:30ish pm

Where: Pioneer Park

14264-18208 East Sierra Madre Avenue, Azusa, CA 91702

https://www.google.c...!4d-117.9047249

-YOU NEED TO WEAR A COSTUME. If you show up without one you will be given a lame loaner costume, be shunned, and probably be the brunt of everyone's jokes throughout the day. 

-Remember to consider how "nerf-friendly" your costume is. You'll be expected to play at least one round in your full costume, then you're welcome to take off some stuff that makes things too hot, or just plain uncomfortable. But it's best if you plan to have a costume that won't need any alterations throughout the day. 

-If possible, try to bring some candy to share with everyone.

-There will be prizes for costumes. Who will win the coveted SQUIDBOAT trophy for 'best costume'? There will be other winners, but the categories are still undecided.

-Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, a costume, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude. 

SQUIDBOAT HALL OF FAME
2010 - Apollo256 - Speed Racer
2011 - Axelion_burnout - Finn the Human 
2012 - Apollo256 - Corporate Pirate
2013 - Baghead - Male Pokemon Trainer X/Y
2014 - omitted due to low attendence
2015 - Azrael - Marty McFly

2017 - ?????

#354443 S.L.I.D.E. socal war

Posted by Apollo256 on 21 June 2016 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

S - ometimes

L - egitamate

I - dlers

D - on't

E - ngage

Where: Santiago Park
Memory Ln
Santa Ana, CA 92706
google maps: 33.775241,-117.85964

When: July 9th
10 am to 4:30ish

What to have: non banned blasters and darts as per socal rules
water
food or money for some
good attitude

Questions? post em here 
Monkies learn sign-language so they can tell dolphins they love them

#351329 P.A.T,RIOT Socal war

Posted by Apollo256 on 03 February 2016 - 08:29 PM in Nerf Wars

P - eople

A - re

T - ired,

RIOT

When: Feb 20th 10am-4:30ish

Where: 
Stanton Elementary School
725 S Vencino Dr
Glendora, CA 91740

https://www.google.c...cd2070be6ba7115

-Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude. 

-some new game types may be tested at this event.

#348934 [CA] M.O.N.S.T.E.R.

Posted by Apollo256 on 03 October 2015 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

M - ost
O - bvious
N - erfers
S - tart
T - ogether
E - very
R - ound

When: October 24th 10am - 4:30ish pm

Where:
Snow Creek Park
https://www.google.com/maps/place/21601+Snow+Creek+Dr,+Walnut,+CA+91789/@34.035337,-117.837198,121m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c32bfa03915917:0x2a829434cab86f3b?hl=en

-YOU NEED TO WEAR A COSTUME. If you show up without one you will be given a lame loaner costume, be shunned, and probably be the brunt of everyone's jokes throughout the day.

-Remember to consider how "nerf-friendly" your costume is. You'll be expected to play at least one round in your full costume, then you're welcome to take off some stuff that makes things too hot, or just plain uncomfortable. But it's best if you plan to have a costume that won't need any alterations throughout the day.

-There will be prizes for costumes. Who will win the coveted SQUIDBOAT trophy for 'best costume'? There will be other winners, but the categories are still undecided.

-Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, a costume, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude.

SQUIDBOAT HALL OF FAME
2014 - omitted due to low attendence
2015 - ???

#346790 [NERF MILITARY] Join Royal Arendelle Today

Posted by Apollo256 on 16 May 2015 - 04:14 PM in General Nerf

Where in California are you?

#346409 S.T.A.R.T.

Posted by Apollo256 on 24 April 2015 - 10:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Due to me unexpectedly getting busy on my normally lazy weekends I will be unable to arrive at my own event. Baghead will also be busy tomorrow and the rest of the SCUN leadership is kind of in quasi-retirement, so I will be cancelling the war. Don't panic though. Chris Cartaya has a war tomorrow and this is its thread: http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=25827

I know it says that it was last weekend, but on the facebook link he has on there it states that his war is in fact the 25th.

This event that he has planned is a little farther of a trip then most of us usually take, but he should have a good event going on and if you can make it you should have a good time.

Sorry for the short notice and I hope you can make it to his war.

See you at the next one.

#346144 S.T.A.R.T.

Posted by Apollo256 on 13 April 2015 - 04:08 PM in Nerf Wars

S - ometimes
T - itles
A - re
R - ealy
T - ough

When: Canceled

Where: Rolling Hills Park, Fullerton CA
2700 Maple, Fullerton CA 92835

https://www.google.c... 92835&t=h&z=18

-Be sure to bring water, money for lunch, darts, blasters to use, and as always, a good attitude.

#345426 So Cal Tri-Valley Nerf War, Limekiln Canyon park 3/15/15

Posted by Apollo256 on 09 March 2015 - 02:56 PM in Nerf Wars

While I can't guarantee my attendance I will try to make it up there.

#344367 T.E.A.C.H.I.N.G.

Posted by Apollo256 on 18 January 2015 - 03:43 PM in Nerf Wars

T - ime
E - radicates
A - ll
C - hoices
H - owever
I - ngloriously
N - erfing
G - rows

Its that time of year where we at S.C.U.N. hold our annual NIB/Stock/"Low-Tech on-the-spot Modding" Event. Once more we shall gather at our Southernmost Reliable Location in Corona to goof around with barely modded blasters and shoot each other with stock ammo and enjoy pizza for a fair amount of hours. Its fun for the whole family.

So, yes, this is a "Stock Event" similar to a N.I.B. war but not quite as strictly aimed at using a brand new blaster, as it is going back to a time where you couldn't "science" a nerf gun beyond "slap a crayola marker on it"

Like every Stock War We've done, there will be about a half hour of “Field Modding Time” using the most “basic” of nerf modding supplies:

Hand tools like Screwdrivers, small hacksaws, pliers, wire cutters, x-acto knives or boxcutters, leatherman tool, hand drills, etc.
Electrical Tape/Duct Tape etc
Most Adhesives (includes Epoxy Putty, Super Glue, Plumber's Goop)
There is an outlet and I'll bring an extension cord so you can use Hot Glue if you wish.
Rubber Bands/Mini bungee
Crayola Barrels or similar objects like those Jägermeister tubes as barrel material.
a 2k Pump tube is an acceptable way to mod something for Arrows.
Electronic mods to flywheel guns are allowed, this ranges from basic higher voltage batteries all the way to full motor replacement.

Some of these supplies/tools will be provided, but expect to provide yourself with most of what you need to mod on the spot.

NO PVC or other Pipe/Tubing WILL BE ALLOWED.

Naturally, there will still be some safety bans, IE no making titans shoot micros. Pistol splats and all variants are not allowed, because they perform on par with modded guns bone stock. But pretty much anything else is fair game. Bring as many or as few blasters as you'd like, by leaving the ammo stock, we should have a fairly level playing field whatever you bring. Also you're allowed to bring any blasters that are already modded to these specifications, be it because you did it for one of the previous stock wars, or felt like modding in advance.

We'll start this earlier than usual, so that modding time doesn't cut too much into our playing time, so try to show up by 9:30 AM

Also allowed are large ammo blasters including zing, mongo, missile, ball, arrow, and rocket. These blasters may be modded with materials outside the war restriction, but must be firing their intended ammo.

The Date is SET as FEBURARY 7TH

Shotgun Trail Rd.
Corona, CA 92883

The Park has Restrooms. Nearby there is a shopping center with a Pizza Hut, A Subway and a grocery store. We usually just make a group pizza order together and send a small detachment to pick things up. so bring cash for Pizza, or be ready to take care of getting other food for yourself.

#343397 SoCal War: Christmastravaganza MMXIV

Posted by Apollo256 on 09 December 2014 - 05:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Considering it's right around the corner I'll be there, bad sweater-vest and all.

#342126 T.R.E.A.T.S.

Posted by Apollo256 on 22 September 2014 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

The date has been decided. This will be on the 18th of October.

#341988 Your first NIC war and your first blaster

Posted by Apollo256 on 16 September 2014 - 08:47 PM in Site Feedback

My first war was for Falcon's birthday in 2003. I had my lock n' load and sharpshooter II.
First NIC war was Geddon 2005. I had a crayola'd Supermaxx 1500 and the old lnl.
Good times.

#341550 T.R.E.A.T.S.

Posted by Apollo256 on 26 August 2014 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

T - rusting
R - egular
E - xpectations
A - lways
T - urns
S - our

When: October 18th 10am - 4:30ish pm

Where:
Stanton Elementary School
725 S Vencino Dr
Glendora, CA 91740

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Stanton+Elementary+School/@34.126555,-117.877318,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x80c3262d48040e65:0x1cd2070be6ba7115

SQUIDBOAT HALL OF FAME
2014 - ???
Posted Image

#338499 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P. 2

Posted by Apollo256 on 26 April 2014 - 02:39 AM in Nerf Wars

The spring rain has come to tell us to nerf next weekend instead of this one. So, sorry for the late change, but the park is pretty soggy.

Hope to see you next weekend.

#338226 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P. 2

Posted by Apollo256 on 14 April 2014 - 01:13 AM in Nerf Wars

S - outhern
C - alifornia
U - unified
N - erf
P - resents
R - adically
E - clectic
P - rograms

When: May 3rd 10 am till 4ish

Rules: Just like the last one, this war will have some very different rules than the usual. This is to continue to prepare the locals for the upcoming changes that are expected for this year's Armageddon.

Firstly, No glue domes. Any softer ammo type is fine, be it slugs, putty wraps, amiors, or others of the like. Follow ryan mcnumbers' guide on how to make if unsure.

Secondly, eye protection will be mandatory for all ages. This is because due to the softness and aerodynamics of the ammo types some higher velocity blasters are able to be used for this war.

Third, blaster restrictions are as follows:
-Titans and anything with a titan tank in it (unless you are firing stock rockets, Drac's rockets, or if you are firing darts out of seven or more barrels simultaneously)
-Homemade Airguns (includes anything with a pump/valve that isn't made by hasbro/lanard/buzzbee such as those drain cleaners)
-Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, UMBs etc.) -Relocated pumps must include a stock OPRV and must have comparable range and performance to the same blaster with a stock pump.
-Super Soakers

Any questions you can post here or pm me.

Hope to see you there.

#337170 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Apollo256 on 20 February 2014 - 07:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Does anyone have any darts they'd be willing to lend/sell? I don't think I'll have any time to make a batch before Saturday.

There should be enough darts to go around.

#336929 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Apollo256 on 08 February 2014 - 03:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Ahh dang it, can't make this one. But, so now on no more glue domes?

Not from now on but just to be ready for future events.

#336926 S.C.U.N.P.R.E.P.

Posted by Apollo256 on 08 February 2014 - 11:53 AM in Nerf Wars

S - outhern
C - alifornia
U - unified
N - erf
P - resents
R - adically
E - clectic
P - rograms

Where: Ole Hammer Park
362 Live Oak Ave N
Glendora, CA 91741

When: February 22nd 10 am till 4ish

Rules: This war will have some very different rules than the usual. This is to prepare the locals for the upcoming changes that are expected for this year's Armageddon.

Firstly, No glue domes. Any softer ammo type is fine, be it slugs, putty wraps, amiors, or others of the like. Follow ryan mcnumbers' guide on how to make if unsure.

Secondly, eye protection will be mandatory for all ages. This is because due to the softness and aerodynamics of the ammo types some higher velocity blasters are able to be used for this war.

Third, blaster restrictions are as follows:
-Titans and anything with a titan tank in it (unless you are firing stock rockets, Drac's rockets, or if you are firing darts out of seven or more barrels simultaneously)
-Homemade Airguns (includes anything with a pump/valve that isn't made by hasbro/lanard/buzzbee such as those drain cleaners)
-Guns with plugged pumps that were designed to shoot anything larger than a mega dart. (LBB/BBBB, Signal Launchers, UMBs etc.) -Relocated pumps must include a stock OPRV and must have comparable range and performance to the same blaster with a stock pump.
-Super Soakers

Any questions you can post here or pm me.

Hope to see you there.

#335476 E.G.G.N.O.G.

Posted by Apollo256 on 16 November 2013 - 08:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Will this be the holiday war or will there be one in December as well?

There will be a war in December but this is the holiday themed war.

#335455 E.G.G.N.O.G.

Posted by Apollo256 on 15 November 2013 - 06:55 PM in Nerf Wars

E - very
G - reat
G - ame
N - eeds
O - bnoxious
G - oobers

When: November 30th 10 till 4ish

Where: Snow Creek Park
https://maps.google....0.0009&t=h&z=20

What to bring: blasters, darts, money for food, good attitude, holiday spirit(required)

What not to bring: Banned blasters

Holiday spirit includes any and all holiday apparel like a knit sweater or such things that would be seen on a person in a bad holiday card photo. This must be worn for at least one round of play.

#334712 B.O.G.E.Y.M.A.N.

Posted by Apollo256 on 12 October 2013 - 04:50 AM in Nerf Wars

Quick question does it have to be a costume or can it just be a mask?

Wear something that would be acceptable to go trick-or-treating in if you want to go for a prize.

Just a mask would be marginal. The whole point is to get into the holiday spirit.

#334544 B.O.G.E.Y.M.A.N.

Posted by Apollo256 on 06 October 2013 - 11:11 PM in Nerf Wars

Quick question does this count as exposed metal (if u can see the BB under the dome) Oh and can u let me know what you use to upload your picture so i can give u one.

If there is any metal parts that are exposed to the outside air, or will come in contact with a person when they are struck by the dart then the metal would be exposed.

I use photo bucket to upload pics myself.

#334518 Nerf in Pasadena?

Posted by Apollo256 on 06 October 2013 - 03:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Are there going to be any wars or upcoming wars in this area or within a reasonable drive time?

If you can find a good place to play in pasadena we at SCUN are always looking to have more places to play at.

Just let me know of a location and i'll be sure to check it out.

#334511 B.O.G.E.Y.M.A.N.

Posted by Apollo256 on 05 October 2013 - 10:05 PM in Nerf Wars

B - ringing
O - bnoxious
G - arments
E - asily
Y - ields
M - ore
A - wesome
N - erfing

When: 10am Saturday October 26th

https://maps.google.... 92835&t=h&z=18

SQUIDBOAT HALL OF FAME
2013 - ???
Posted Image

#333887 H.O.T.T.I.M.E.

Posted by Apollo256 on 09 September 2013 - 02:46 AM in Nerf Wars

H - aving
O - ver
T - hought
T - he
I - tinerary
M - ostly
E - verytime

When: September 21st 10:00 am - 4:30ish pm

Where: Santiago Park, Santa Ana
https://maps.google....&num=1&t=h&z=18

What to bring:
Blasters
Darts
Money or food
A good attitude

The usual socal rules still apply.

Questions? post them here.

#330827 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Apollo256 on 12 June 2013 - 08:10 PM in Nerf Wars

Is there any kind soul who would allow us to crash on their couch Friday/Saturday night? Or just Friday! That would be super awesome!

I have no problem housing you and your friend, however it should be known that i have both a cat and a dog so if either of you have allergies then looking elsewhere would be good.

To therealnerfjunkies: the war starts at 9:30 am and no help setting up will be needed.

#330496 W.A.R.M.U.P.

Posted by Apollo256 on 02 June 2013 - 05:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Never been to a Nerf War that's been organized within the NIC. What kind of blasters can I expect to see there?

Trying to get a feel for how prepared I would have to be, you know?

You should expect to see less homemades than in most war photos from other parts of the country.

Some people even bring stock blasters and darts. Doesn't stop them from having fun though.

#330404 W.A.R.M.U.P.

Posted by Apollo256 on 30 May 2013 - 06:29 PM in Nerf Wars

W - e
A - lways
R - ecommend
M - eeting
U - nder
P - retenses

When: June 15th 10:00 am - 4:30ish pm

Where: Santiago Park, Santa Ana
https://maps.google....&num=1&t=h&z=18

What to bring:
Blasters
Darts
Money or food
A good attitude

#329052 E.A.R.L.Y.

Posted by Apollo256 on 26 April 2013 - 03:03 PM in Nerf Wars

This is just a friendly reminder that this war is tomorrow. See you guys there.

#328743 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Apollo256 on 14 April 2013 - 01:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi, i was wondering if I and a few friends could just use standard nerf blasters. We are not modders but would really like to partake in an official nerf battle. We all go to the local middle school and know cullen and the park very well. Thank you.

Why yes you can.

It is perfectly fine to use stock blasters and darts, however know that most if not all the other people will not be.
Take into consideration the fact that our homemade darts will most likely be out ranging your blasters performance, but don't let that stop you from coming.

Also, its good to hear that a new generation of nerfers has sprung up in old G-town.

Hope to see you out there.

EDIT: The date has been decided.

#328185 E.A.R.L.Y.

Posted by Apollo256 on 18 March 2013 - 11:47 PM in Nerf Wars

E - very
A - greement
R - efuses
L - egal
Y - odeling

When: April 27th 10 am to 4:30ish pm

Where:Burke Park, Huntington Beach
https://maps.google....e=UTF8&t=h&z=18

What to bring:
Blasters
Darts
Money or food
a good attitude

#328184 W.H.O.O.P.S.

Posted by Apollo256 on 18 March 2013 - 11:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Is the date set in stone?

Yes this is the definite date. Technically this was decided over a month ago, but I've been very lazy about posting in a timely manner.

So sorry, but maybe you can make the next one or something.

#328178 W.H.O.O.P.S.

Posted by Apollo256 on 18 March 2013 - 11:09 PM in Nerf Wars

W - ork
H - appens
O - ftentimes
O - ver
P - eople's
S - alaries

When: March 23rd 10am to whenever

Where: Cullen Elementary School
440 N. Live Oak Ave
Glendora, CA 91741

Ole Hammer Park
440 Right Next Door Blvd.
Glendora, CA 91741

What to bring:
Blasters
Darts
Money or food
a good attitude

#327743 Armageddon XIV

Posted by Apollo256 on 07 March 2013 - 02:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Are melee weapons allowed? Also, I know I've been hassling you about this, but when are we going to decide dates?

Melee is generally okay. Don't bring anything thicker than a pool noodle or longer than 4 feet. If you are not sure, send me a pm with a picture of you holding it.

The poll for the date is now up.